Strategy PokeBeach's Official Sixth Generation Ban List (OU)

RE: PokéBeach's Official XY Ban List

There are 2 problems with your argument:
1) M.Gengar is banned on Showdown
2) I think it dies to Sucker Punch anyway?

...so the point is moot.

What I think he means is Gengar would use Hypnosis to put Kangaskhan to sleep before using a damaging move.

Blaziken is my favorite pokemon and it's been banned for 2 gen straight. I don't battle with ubers anyway so I'll never get to use Blaziken in competitive play unless I use one without speed-boost, correct?

blazikenlv100 said:
Blaziken is my favorite pokemon and it's been banned for 2 gen straight. I don't battle with ubers anyway so I'll never get to use Blaziken in competitive play unless I use one without speed-boost, correct?

No. Blaziken is banned from OU as a whole, with or without Speed Boost. Complex bans are generally avoided, and Blaziken is no different.

Regarding MegaKhan, you will not be switching into this monstrosity - revenge killing like bacon said is more than likely the only way to get around it in most situations. MegaKhan is definitely up there in OU, and we should start giving its newfound powers some credit.

Ultimate MegaKhan check: Sub/Disable Gengar.
I've had a great laugh many times with this. Seriously, there's nothing MegaKhan can do against it. Usually, the only move that it carries and can hit both through Ghost and Levitate is Sucker Punch, and that can't be used against Substitute.

DNA said:
There are 2 problems with your argument:
1) M.Gengar is banned on Showdown
2) I think it dies to Sucker Punch anyway?

...so the point is moot.

I meant competitive battling as a whole, I'm sorry for not emphasizing it earlier, I do more VGC than Smogon/Pokebeach.

Also, defensive Aegislash doesn't get 1HKO off sucker bunch, I tested it twice and neither got the 1HKO. Sacred Sword destroys kangaskhan for the revenge hit..

Ice Jackal said:
Ultimate MegaKhan check: Sub/Disable Gengar.
I've had a great laugh many times with this. Seriously, there's nothing MegaKhan can do against it. Usually, the only move that it carries and can hit both through Ghost and Levitate is Sucker Punch, and that can't be used against Substitute.

It's one of the better checks, assuming that Kang can only hit Gengar with Sucker Punch. Gengar will lose against any Kang running Fire Punch or Crunch alongside this. You have to play a careful game here when scouting Kang's moveset, because if you guess wrong then you automatically lose Gengar.

Regarding Aegislash, it's a shaky check because Kang can stay in its vanilla form and grab a PUP boost thanks to scrappy. But assuming a best case scenario where Aegislash comes in unscathed, we get the following results:

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 246-291 (75.9 - 89.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 198-234 (61.1 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Meanwhile,

252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 240-284 (68.1 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So Aegis can hurt Kang, but it has a low survival rate before it can land a hit. Kang can bypass King's Shield with EQ and Sucker Punch. The pressure is definitely on Aegislash here because it's the slower Pokemon, and it absolutely cannot check Kang if its HP is 75% or less. I've assumed a generous scenario too, as plenty of Aegislash do not fully invest in Atk or HP.

Is this the part where we restart the #banallthings campaign?

DNA said:
Is this the part where we restart the #banallthings campaign?

Not yet. This one was obviously coming. I knew it was coming a while ago. We had even banned it in the Kalos League before Smogon banned it.

MegaKan banned? What a surprise. No one ever saw that coming.
Finally, I won't have to change my lead into Reuniclus risking a Focus Blast miss. Tyranitar is free to come out first again.

Chaos Jackal used bump!

Suspect Testing has begun on Smogon for Lucarionite, Deoxys-S and Genesect. What do you think will happen?

Chaos Jackal said:
Chaos Jackal used bump!

Suspect Testing has begun on Smogon for Lucarionite, Deoxys-S and Genesect. What do you think will happen?

Mega Lucario can easily sweep a team - Banned
Genesect can chip away at opposing members of a team, but Scarfsect is easily played around and Expert Belt Genesect is easily outspeed - Not Banned
Deoxys-S I barely even see anyway and is only used to set up Hazards I think? Not Sure. Either way - Not Banned

I hope Genesect stays honestly and Lucarionite easily needs to go.

I was honestly surprised that Lucarionite wasn't quickbanned because it's the most ridiculous sweeper in the game since GSC Snorlax.

I'm on the fence with Genesect, and I don't think Deoxys-S should be banned

I basically agree with Alexander. Lucario is OP this generation, no doubting that, and it takes little explanation why. 140/112/110 stats with Adaptability, double-boosting moves, three 80 BP priority moves and the ability to go physical/special break this thing. Genesect is much more manageable than in last gen, even if the rare Shift Gear set is menacing. It's versatile and a nuisance but more tame because of the power creep. Deo-S isn't as threatening as it once was, as Defog all but eliminated the use of its two suicide sets and it's underwhelming as a pure attacker imo. We still have yet to see how effective Deo-S can be, but I think it should stay.

Smogon has just banned Mega Lucario and Genesect.

Lucarionite: 125 Ban, 8 Do Not Ban, 3 Abstain -> Uber with a 94% majority

Genesect: 77 Ban, 48 Do Not Ban, 11 Abstain -> Uber with a 61.6% majority

Deoxys-S: 44 Ban, 75 Do Not Ban, 17 Abstain-> OU with a 63% majority

Professor Palutena said:
Dammit

Not at all surprised by the other two - good riddance Luke, the dark side awaits you.

Professor Palutena said:
Smogon has just banned Mega Lucario and Genesect.

Lucarionite: 125 Ban, 8 Do Not Ban, 3 Abstain -> Uber with a 94% majority

Deoxys-S: 44 Ban, 75 Do Not Ban, 17 Abstain-> OU with a 63% majority

That's great for me, Genesect is one of my biggest enemies, even though I like it.

With 60% required to be uber, Genesect cut it really close.

I find the 94% Uber for Lucario funny. I haven't seen a number that high since Skymin last gen.

Professor Palutena said:
I find the 94% Uber for Lucario funny. I haven't seen a number that high since Skymin last gen.
Hopefully we all are making fun of or shaming the 8 voters who wanted Mega Luke in OU though - they denied us a second 100% ban and should thus be punished :p

Back