Pokebeach needs to expand on VGC [UPDATED AGAIN]

pokeperson18

Aspiring Trainer
On this new website i noticed the extensive TCG program on this website with all the cards ever made to news reports from the top. But, VGC has not even got its on section in poke beach. VGC is an important part of pokemon franchise. Over 10 million people have ORAS they play and love pokemon. Now they come to this website the pokemon VGC player want to be inspired and educated in the ways of battleing. They want to "become a pokemon master".
I know that pokebeach is meant to attract all people of the pokemon franchise. I think that PokeBeach adds for subscribers or paid ranks for VGC education. Some stuff that should be add VGC teams that you can connect your pokemon showdown account and when you click the team it will create it and put you ready to try the team out on the front seat of the action.
Pokemon can optimize what they are doing in VGC a great deal. In pokemon showdown a subsidiary of Pokebeach players can chat but I want to take it a step furthoure. When player can have 2-4 players in a group of players choose by invite or matched by showdown rank making a team. The idea can have that everybody looks at one screen and makes changes, for all to see. Or, everybody sees their own screen and anybody else in the group. For Example, one can look up what pokemon has what abilty while the other person checks a specific pokemon move pool.
While i'm on the topic of Pokemon Showdown, I would like to talk about expanding on the rewards of playing VGC on pokebeach. We should make badges and incentive to people who make it high on the leader boards. I'm supposing that every 100 point you clime in VGC on showdown you get a badge. To further this if you get top 10 you get to write articles for Pokebeach, giving advise to help you succeed in pokemon events.

Post will constantly being updated

NOTES:
  • This is an idea you are allowed to disagree
  • I know that Skype and ect... are used to do this already but I feel it's better be done by the website it's self
  • Thanks for reading please leave a like and comment

Last edited:
Articles will be something that would be difficult. Finding qualified people who are willing to write freely isn't always an easy task. I consider myself good at VGC, but this is my first year playing it instead of judging it.

There is an section for VGC and effort to increase its community on this site, you just haven't looked around. For example, you can discuss VGC here. Some upcoming VGC related activities can be found here.

As for paid subscriptions, there's no market for that since most sites that offer VGC related content offer it for free, unlike the TCG which has a price on premium articles and content on most sites. Charging for something that's free elsewhere, especially when you have a smaller market than the other websites, is just not a good strategy.

PB actually has a forum dedicated to VGC, as others noted. As for the attention it's given, it's pretty much the most possible. While of course the site is meant to cover all aspects of the franchise (which it does) there's also the fact that, at least for the time being, the majority of members are involved in some way with the TCG, while much fewer are involved with VGC. It's only natural to see more discussion and more content in general regarding the TCG. That doesn't mean VGC is non-existent in the site. It's just not as prominent.

PokéBeach actually has a forum dedicated to VGC, as others noted. As for the attention it's given, it's pretty much the most possible. While of course the site is meant to cover all aspects of the franchise (which it does) there's also the fact that, at least for the time being, the majority of members are involved in some way with the TCG, while much fewer are involved with VGC. It's only natural to see more discussion and more content in general regarding the TCG. That doesn't mean VGC is non-existent in the site. It's just not as prominent.
I know that but I think that what we have it's far from whats is pokebeach standard of the rest of the website. thank you for giving your opinion. :)

I know that but I think that what we have it's far from whats is pokebeach standard of the rest of the website. thank you for giving your opinion. :)
Not really. If there's less interest then there's less effort there. You don't see Nintendo working their asses off on some flop franchise, you see them working on Super Mario 742 or Pokemon Omega Gold Y 2 version. It's the things that work that count. VGC will be worked on as it picks up, I'm sure.

It's not even like that. Effort is being put. But no effort shows if there are not enough people to appreciate it. As long as the VGC part of the community is too small, there's nothing big that can be done. You can organize a huge tournament, start a million discussions, write a million guides, but in the end it's the community that matters. A huge tournament needs a huge number of people. A million discussions need a million members to start and keep them up to date and interesting. The guides are only useful if people read them.

The forums, threads and posts only reflect what effort, WE the members put in.

There are a lot more members interested and willing to make an contribution toward TCG than VG.
It's not up to the staff to make the forum or thread or to recruit.
It's up to us the members.
The VG topics and threads will grow as interested members increase not because of tournaments or anything else.
Tournaments and other benefits will grow as a result of enough interested members.

It's not even like that. Effort is being put. But no effort shows if there are not enough people to appreciate it. As long as the VGC part of the community is too small, there's nothing big that can be done. You can organize a huge tournament, start a million discussions, write a million guides, but in the end it's the community that matters. A huge tournament needs a huge number of people. A million discussions need a million members to start and keep them up to date and interesting. The guides are only useful if people read them.
That is true but someone needs to start a community to grow one or to sink one my goal is to get people and Pokebeach to expanded to the community becacuse the community excite already it's that we need to appeal to it.

Back