Finished PokeBeach Mafia 50: Fray at the Beach - Game Over - Claim Your Prizes and Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still picking through posts here, I am on my lunch so a little faster now. Just on the last few posts, is it possible (has it ever happened before?) that the alignment we see in the reveal is false? Like a role that keeps that hidden even in death? i.e. Jade was actually Mafia but Azurill sympathetic tears makes her look innocent?

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: professor_jplap

I’ll tell you all why if the rules warrant, because they might not.

Okay before the rest of this post, @triplemo you still have not addressed this weird bandwagon vote:

##VOTE: Lord Goomy
from what i can see, he is maf

By the same token, I came across this on pretty much the same page:
##VOTE: LordGoomy

At this point, I think he is the most scummy. Ignoring various questions asked and having an odd reaction to having be voted on makes him suspicious. I've seen newer scum players, and he seems to me like the type.

Yes there is a reason, but it's pretty much what triplmo said just with more words involved. And no sign of either player since then.

Jade & Blakers posts

Nothing major here. Soft links to Gekki & DFL both.
##VOTE: Blakers

Haven't seen you 'round these parts in a while D:

Oh and ##VOTE: JadethPokemonTrainer
Because i just plain don't like deciduey (yes i know i have no idea how to spell that XD)

If you remember the games I've been in, I'm not supposed to get a target on my back until Day 3. Please refer to the Conduct of Mislynching Blakers before placing a vote on me impulsively.

Anyway, I'm gonna ##VOTE: GekkisaiDaiNi . Trying to start DDLC arguments will only distract us from what's important, and I'm not going to let you get away with it! ;)

Kay ya done now? Thanks.

oof this'll be fun. I'm not actually on here for long right now, I just wanted to drop in and say something so no one yelled at me for lurking (I keep PB up on my computer while doing other stuff). Can't wait to read through the last 5+ pages tonight!

I assume this will be done by the hosts at some point. I assume.

Both quite involved in the Goomy & DFL hunts, but again, also Gekki, and Gekki pushes a lowkey OMGUS back on Blakers after being somewhat hounded by him.
Yeah, that's how I've seen PMJ. Granted, I think I've only played one game with him (if I even have played a game with him?). Not seeing anything off about how Gekki is playing either.

This kind of question rubs me the wrong way. It’s hard to make reads right now with what little time we’ve had, so asking something like this can kind of read as “You’re reading me as Town, right? I just want to make sure you’re reading me as Town.”

Also, I’ve been busy with school and a track meet all day, anyone care to catch me up on anything important?

Based on your reaction to me you seem to think you’re a frontrunner for the lynch. Someone achieving this status is definitely important, are there any others who share that status with you, assuming I’m guessing right?

Telling someone you have FoS on them isn’t quite the same thing as pressure. The best way to apply pressure is to ask someone specific questions that will force them to contribute. And how much experience with mafia do you have? You seem to know terms that experienced players use, but your playstyle is kinda reading as a new player.

You have two votes on you. In a game of fourteen for majority. And there's still plenty of time to convince us that you shouldn't be the lynch for today. But complaining about it won't solve anything for you, and it doesn't help the town, either. If there's really someone else you think should be lynched, I'm sure everyone would be open to considering your opinion.

Yeah, you pretty much are everywhere all the time, and I agree that you've had some serious posts. But I guess it wasn't a great idea to joke around about Doki Doki Literature Club in a game where over half the town is new to the game, and I don't really blame Lord Goomy for recalling that.

With that being said, @Lord Goomy in my opinion The Last Shaymin is certainly very guilty of clogging the thread with posts that mean and contribute absolutely nothing. @The Last Shaymin for someone who's on here as often as you seem to be, I think you could contribute quite a bit if you really wanted to. I could ask you for scumreads, but I'm 99% sure you'll just tell me that you're still neutral. So can you tell me why you're neutral, or if I'm wrong, who is/are your scumread(s)?

He wasn't recalling it, he was scum reading me for it. And why are you responding for him?

Potential buddying here, especially since Goomy is new and Blakers would probably feel the need to protect him.

Because I've made it very clear that I feel like he's in danger and needs all the protection he can get. I didn't intend to respond for him, but there's literally only one answer to you asking in what ways you've "clogged the thread". I'm simply pointing out that while that's a point, other players who have played before are much more guilty in that regard than you are, and trying to get those specific people to contribute.

##UNVOTE:
##VOTE: Blakers

Just because Goomy has enough pressure on him already and I want to hear some more from Blakers, especially a response to my earlier post on him.

You know that I was being sarcastic in that first sentence, right? I literally stated the exact opposite of what you're accusing me of last night.

But to answer your question, @Lord Goomy is tough for me to read right now. He's showing signs of nervous newbie town, but I don't really like the fact that he isn't even really trying to help us scumhunt. "Hey, anyone wanna lynch this guy instead of me? K thx," also isn't doing him any favors in my book.

I know that you've already said this, but @Anime Psyclone is stalling harder than a Wailord deck right now. And I definitely don't like that AtE, either. I know this can look like echoing, but Answer. The. Questions.

This also implies that you were scum in your first game. What was that first game, and would you have received advice from your scumteam that would help you know what you're doing?

@The Last Shaymin is trying to dodge basically everything that everyone's asked him, and seems to just want to fly under the radar. Again, aren't you usually pretty active on here? There shouldn't be too much of a reason that we haven't seen more substance from you.

This reads very similarly to how Shaymin's playing, but with Gekki's point. Can you explain why it's screaming scum buddying in your face? And if it's me who's guilty of it, why try to lynch who you think is the newbie scum over who you think is the veteran scum?

Blakers VERY involved in the chasedown of Anime Psyclone and the dodged questions, the Goomy push, and then later, the Pikachu push. Very town-oriented, very threatening to the mafia. Either he was barking up the right tree somewhere here or the mafia offed him to make us think he was.

Same thing with Jade, dropped a big useful post on Goomy & AP both. See WIFOMey possibilities of being correct as for Blakers above.
Considering you know that your teammates had no power, is it safe for me to assume you could communicate with them?

So, wouldn’t they have been able to coach you on what to do and say when people asked you things?

Then shouldn’t you know better than to stall out questions that the others are asking? It’s not very hard to look for the posts that have their questions and respond to them genuinely if you’re Town.

I don’t mean to be overly harsh, but literally anyone can constantly say “I’m Town!”. And since we have no proof of anything, it’s impossible for that to convince any of us. At this point, it’s either you contribute, or you roleclaim, and I don’t think we really want to risk a roleclaim given bbninjas’ warnings about it being potentially dangerous.

Ooh, this'll be fun. Let's do some ISO.

Newbie RVS vote. Wanting the thread to be quieter, scummy point for that.

Loud, kinda aggressive.

Quick, defensive kinda AtE.

Yeah, a bit. Explaining his weird worries and AtE.

Irrelevant, fluff.

Huh, this is random and flip floppy. If you're gonna vote for someone who hasn't done much, why not vote for someone who hasn't posted at all? Pretty sure we were out of RVS at this point.

Kay. wth does that mean?

Yup, that does sound suspicious. When everything you say is scummy, then yes, it will be used against you.

Well yeah...
Gonna start contributing sometime instead of just defending yourself?

Meh.

That's not contributing...

Okay, that's a start, but uh..reasoning?

Revisiting your first post. Scum want people who are active lynched. Also, that's reasoning for 1 of your 4 scum reads..

lol, this seems weird to me. This actually does make me think more of a newbie town that scum. Scum wouldn't be trying to draw attention to themselves like he very obviously did here. It could be seen as that, but it could also been seen as them making sure that they are seen as town. Not sure what to make of this one.

Great, so you're still not gonna contribute any actual reads? Or scumhunt? Kay then.

Oof, AtE, and still not contributing.

What the heck is "dang, he's good" supposed to mean?
That's not really a read... May be better than Pika, but not enough reasoning.

You're saying Gekki's clogging up the thread, but he is actually contributing to the game. You on the other hand, haven't done much of anything in the way of scumhunting or the like.

AtE, fluff.

Fluff.

Okay, contribute to the game more instead of just fluff posting. That's a good start.

May I ask why it is too late to do so? This would actually help your case. I suggest you do this.

Okay, a bit better. ftr, again, your "case" on Gekki was never relevant.

Kay, so uh, please stop with the fluff stuff (ooh, rhymes!). Yeah, definitely don't edit the post. That doesn't mean you shouldn't make a new post with your reads.
Yeah, you've said that before. Anyone can say they are not scum though. Doesn't mean a thing. AtE.
Oh yeah, and you've been told several times already why you're being read as scum. Pay attention please.

Okay, this one is extremely scummy. Lets divert attention from me to the other big scum read.

Again just a heck ton of notrelevantatall.

AtE.

Again, anyone can claim town. Just more AtE here.

Fluff, AtE. Please contribute.
TLDR: Extremely fluffy, Tons of AtE, not contributing, jumpy, yelly. Random flip-flop on votes for pretty much no reason. Random cases that make no sense.
I know he's new, but I think he's a good option for today.

Honestly going into this ISO, I wasn't so sure. But after going through everything and really reading it, I definitely think this is a good option for today.

Hang on though, I kinda wanna check something else out.

RVS with no reasoning here!

Kay, any other thoughts?

Okey dokey, that's kinda valid. Aggressiveness isn't a bad thing either though.

This here is absolutely useless. Doesn't have any reason, just random vote, and nothing else.

Kay sorry what? I'm not sure I understand this.

If you really need it that urgently, just go and look yourself. Hammer on 14 votes, pretty sure we're not gonna get their anytime soon. Go ahead and scumhunt.

That's scummy af. "I'm not gonna say anything or contribute but you should keep me around because I'm not scum."

Stop stalling and answer the question you already got please thanks.

Irrelevant. Answer your question, this is just more fluffy.

Or you could just go find them yourself :shrug:. Shouldn't be too hard. Seems like you're stalling the answers to me.

Kay but pretty sure he's told you his questions several times. Whatever, just stop stalling.

So scattered reposts the messages for you...and you don't answer, replying with this instead? huh. This looks like an echo of a mix of what other people have said to me.

Well, you still saw one of the questions. Why not answer that one?

Kay but this is still stalling xD.

Guess he's kinda just explaining wassup here.

So you're still not gonna answer the questions. Dodge, stall, dodge, stall. weeee

This is better, but still not answering his questions. and he says he's helping Goomy direct attention away from himself. :thinking:

Ooh ooh ooh! *raises hand* fluff!

TLDR: Some fluff, dodging/stalling questions from scattered. Little more fluff, a little more stalling, etc.

Still think Goomy is a better option for today, but I could honestly go either way. Seems like I should look into DFL as well, but I'm way to tired right now. Guess I'll do that tomorrow. For now let's ##UNVOTE: Blakers cause there is no reason to keep my vote there.

So yeah, Goomy or AP either valid options. Haven't read up on DFL yet, but will do so sometime tomorrow.

I believe he said previously that he has never played, but he's read through the master doc and several previous games.

In retrospect Blakers defense of Tyler and eagerness to bump Pika makes sense now. Jade was pretty sold on a Goomy/Pika pair potentially (but also Tyler).

Yes, please contribute. You've done nothing.

##VOTE: Tyler Beta please play the game.

Nothing else? Drop in a vote without reasoning?
Any thoughts on other players?

Sorry for the echo :/

So, you lurk in the shadows until something gets traction, then come in just to say you’re helping? Also, what makes you believe Goomy’s reasons for saying that he isn’t scum?

@Tyler Beta you can’t really just watch from the sidelines without a good reason to. If you want to stay in the game, you’re going to have to contribute.

This reads weird to me. There is never enough evidence on a day 1 lynch, and Goomy just seems to be the best for that right now. He's hasn't actually contributed anything at all.
pika/goomy scum team anyone?

Oh, how convenient. So is your own evidence not good enough for even you? And I haven’t really noticed any change in Goomy’s behavior, so when did your mind change?

So, you’re going from “Not enough evidence on Goomy”
to “Goomy has evidence, but we aren’t going to get anymore evidence”
and back to “Not enough evidence on Goomy”.

Like bbninjas said, no independent factions, which a Jester would be.

I’m ok with lynching pikachuuu, it would give us solid info going into tomorrow.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: pikachuuuu101

Pretty much the same way Mafia always works. The result of a lynch usually holds some importance when looking into players the next day. For instance, what basically would be a policy lynch on Tyler isn't as helpful as a lynch on pikachuuu, which could help us with looking into who all pressured or defended him and/or who he defended, depending on whether he flips town or scum.

We’re running out of time, so I’m going to say my piece on this whole thing: I have a lot of confidence that lynching Tyler would be a mistake.

You all have called him out for lurking and keeping his head low. He is guilty of this, but in what way does it show any kind of scummy motives? Almost every single player is very focused on surviving in their first game. I believe it’s played a part in why a lot of people who are normally very active have ducked and covered throughout the day when questioned. I really don’t see any evidence on him that shows motives that are against the Town. His OMGUS and WIFOM look to simply be newbie mistakes, and are things that NinjaPenguin can try to help him with, assuming NP is his advisor. On the other hand, pikachuuuu101 has contradicted himself multiple times to try and say what we, the town, wanted to hear, which can actually be traced to scummy motives. It certainly sounds a much better lynch to me than one on someone who seems to be just a new, confused town player. If he claims he can be more active on Day 2, then I propose we let him try to prove it.

It would still be worth a try, wouldn’t it?

##UNVOTE

Don't role claim it just makes you an easy night kill target for the mafia!

We have already lost too many Town!

Also I have seen Mirdo lurking TWICE this morning...

I had this big post on Gekki yesterday:
So on Gekki;

None of the below are huge scumtells on their own, but they add up over time. The BIGGEST one for me right now is trying to lock himself into a pattern.

Accused of being a bit too hyper, defense was "but I always play like this!". This is indicative of scum trying to reinforce their normality. A mafia player who has played many times with the same crowd is likely to double-down on the traits that they think other players expect of them, and often go too far. Some veteran here will have to confirm for me if Gekki is going a little more overboard than usual.

Additionally in the last quoted post here, there is the addition of "Hey, this is how TOWN-Gekki always plays.. remember??"

Should Gekki flip scum at some later point, keep an eye on the Last Shaymin that backed up his defense here.

From here on it is smaller issues that are nagging at me, nothing major in any but put all together they are worrying.

Pre-empting scumtells - These two posts (and there are more like them), read to me that despite the impulsive style of posting, he is re-reading through what he has posted, and trying to stem anything scummy he has slipped up on;

This was addressed earlier, but the point is misleading. Having one-two votes on many people (which is how the gamestate was at time of post) is completely useless when 14 are needed to hammer. Having two-three options with 5-8 votes on each is a much better state to be in in order to draw bandwaggoners out and see who is or isn't willing to join those lynch options. Setting yourself up to be an authoritative voice in a game with this many first-timers could be a scumtell.

This is fair, useful and a good point. But then there are other posts like

which is pretty much the definition of what he told people not to do.

So Gekki is firmly in my sights and on my suss-list. Had has plenty of interactions good and bad with people, so would give good info especially if flipped scum. I would prefer this vote more than any of the likely trio tbh, but am not going to try push 14 votes this direction unless it is something that is already building steam.

Bearing all that in mind, I like a Gekki vote today and after seeing in the collection post above how the other person pushing shade his way was Blakers, I am doubling down on yesterday's convictions. If I had turned up dead today you would be looking at Gekki for sure. But with Blakers dead, we probably overlook that small Gekki shade and look to Blaker's bigger pushes on Pikachuu/AP instead if we want to play the blame game.

Gekki made lots of noise in RVS, and then a second time during the day. But auspiciously absent once the mud started hitting the fan. Goomy for all his flustering reads just very new town to me. I'm not entirely sure on of DFL, AP or Pikachu yet but so far so "new". In my eyes, Gekki seems pretty textbook mafia so far - a game with this many brand new players, just let them all kill each other early. Maybe stick in an oar or two now and again to stir up the beehive, which his controversial posting style allows him to do.

Maybe stick in an oar or two now and again to stir up the beehive, which his controversial posting style allows him to do.

There are many players guilty of this style of play... (sit back and disrupt every once in a while)
Mainly, Mirdo, Gekki, Mega Pod, PMJ, DFL, and AP

Gekki and DFL are very similar as they caused a lot of ruckus but quieted down eventually...

##UNVOTE

Lul whut? Why wouldn't the rules allow for that?
Ask your adviser / The hosts in PM if you need to check. About the rules.
But if have a lead and was us to follow it. Please give us reason to do so

Also I have seen Mirdo lurking TWICE this morning...
Hwat? This mirdo fella had the AUDACITY to look through the thread and and not write anything TWICE?
U N A C C E P T A B L E
Burn him on the stake this instant!

Don't role claim it just makes you an easy night kill target for the mafia!

We have already lost too many Town!
Also this whole post feels... off..
I m not saying you're scum. That was just a bit weird.

Ok. What do we know. We lost 3 Townies. Tyler, Blakers and Jade.
Tyler was our Misslynch. Jade was fairly certain our NK. And Blakers was either a 2nd NK (wouldn't wonder if they have an early game thing to have 2 nk to reduce the field a bit) or, what the flavour would suggest, it was a Marriage thingy with Blakers dying of the result of Tyler beeing lynched.
What I am wondering now:
Did Blakers know who his partner in the QT was?
And someone (I might do that at another time of day) might want to look into the late day convo's of Blakers. If Blakers activly tries to safe Tyler.

I like the effort @Yog made to look into possible links between the early game shenaynays and Jade's death.
But I crunched the numbers. If you ask me Jade is a typical "First NK". A usually pretty strong player with moderate activity that nobody really bonded with or had issues with.
If i didn't misscount then Jade had a total of 9 Posts during day 1. Putting them at 17th overall on total posts.
So... this might be a dead end. We might wanna ISO Jade's posts and see if something sticks out.

Even it's a bit odd. But i think i will follow the blob dragon for now...
##VOTE: @Professor_jplap
Any idea on why Goomy would have a lead on you? Do you maybe want to tell us something?

Even it's a bit odd. But i think i will follow the blob dragon for now...
##VOTE: @Professor_jplap
Any idea on why Goomy would have a lead on you? Do you maybe want to tell us something?

This is odd. You follow another player's lead but you have to ask the person you voted why that other player voted him.

##VOTE: Mirdo

What is the main reason you voted Jplap?

And someone (I might do that at another time of day) might want to look into the late day convo's of Blakers. If Blakers activly tries to safe Tyler.
They are all in my post up there, Blaker's too, under the spoilers. There is one very notable one late in the day where the train was building on Tyler and he puts together a very specific post about why it shouldn't be Tyler and should be Piku (who had second most votes on). So I think in hindsight he knew his partner and was trying to tell us without telling us.

Sure @Tyler Beta can talk still right, so he can just confirm.

(An aside: If you go back and look at those posts in situ, I don't really like how Scattered Mind just shut down the proposal, but then again, if I'd been online, I might have had the same reaction that late in the day).

If i didn't misscount then Jade had a total of 9 Posts during day 1. Putting them at 17th overall on total posts.
Is there a way to do this easily on this forum?

What I am wondering now:
Did Blakers know who his partner in the QT was?

Actually no need to even wait for Tyler, host revealed the full role

Passive Ability: Bond of Eons
You arrived here with your twin brother, Latios––whom you know to share your alignment. You would trust him with your life. Normally, you’d be able to communicate telepathically, but something seems to be blocking you. Well, never fear! You’ve figured out how to set up a communications channel via QuickTopic (link sent in a separate post), where you may speak both Night and Day.

So yes, they had a PM chain they could speak in since game start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back