Pokebeach Grammy Awards (Sugestion)

What do you think of this idea? Should it be put into action?

• Total voters
Yeah, how about everyone:

Others:

Best New Member
Best Member
Best Trade Council
Best Staff
BEST ADMIN!

That was a joke since there's only one admin. sorry about that :)

Firs to ff i would like to thank you all for your feedback! :D

most of you are posting Sugestions for different categories, thats great! and just because something is not up on there doesnt mean that its not gonna be there. guys, what i posted on the first page were just examples and sugestions as to how it would work and what would be in it. Thanks for all your ideas they are really great. :p

Kevin Garett: They are just examples, there can be an overall battleing champion too either way it can be discussed as to what happens if it is adopted :D

Moneyking63: well, were calling it grammy's lol i know its music, read the first couple sentences on first post again..:D

oh and those of you posting things like "the staff shouldnt be voting" read the 1st post on the first page again hehe....;)

Thank you to all!

But as with any public vote or contest people vote for friends so its pretty rigged, BUT the Grammys probably are anyhoo :p

Ok I guess I see the Grammy deal, its not a big part, just kind of an interesting choice :)

I like the idea TR, let me take your idea and run with it for an instant, just to put in my two cents.

If we don't have an open poll showing the nominees in each category (Which is my personal choice, just put a sticky in each section with the nominees in that category and a poll up) Then we should in my opinion have 6 randomly seleceted active members from wherever to be on the panel, then have 3 random staff members on the board as well. This way no real favorites are played and staff members still have a stay as they are generally somewhat "popular." The board will meet in a skype chat room or through a conference call and decide on the winners, for purposes of documentation, it should probobly be recorded. Since the member base is to big to have an award show, just a forum announcement and maybe a thread in the Site Discussion forum for congratulatory purposes :)

Date wise, I think it would be good to have it around the first of the year as opposed to the end, as people are generally busy with holidays and exams around the end.

Just my two cents ;)

yeah it would be held around the christmas new years time, like i said, everything in the first post was just giving you a general idea of how things would work out. As for the pannel of judges im not sure if how you stated is how we would really do it. What i was thinking is that during the last months of the year there could be a poll where everyone could see it with the names of the people who made a peice in their corresponding categories. then all the members of pokebeach get to pick the 3 or 4 nominees to be chosen for the reward. now that i rethink im not sure if the judges would make the FINAL decision the members may come in again in the final choice because sreiously, this is basicly all about what the majority of people on pokebeach think (wich would be all the members)

Right like I said earlier it should really be a decision of the people, a true democracy :p I think that would work the best, however we still havent really gotten approval for this so I guess there can't be any real planning for this yet. But I suppose there is a pretty good rough outline for it.

We could also make a new flashy thread for it, and you would have PM the mod your vote for nominees. We could have two different stages- a semifinal and final stage for each category which each semifinal consisting of 3 members. Just something to add in... :)

I love all your ideas. Thanks for pitching in. This is a nice outline of how it would be if staff adopts this program!

Good thinking luigi :D

Not sure if these have been discussed, but I'll throw them out there:

-Best team rater
-Friendliest user
-Best artist
-Top battlers(10 people)
-Most helpful user

I'm sure I'll think of more.

Bob Marley said:
Not sure if these have been discussed, but I'll throw them out there:

-Best team rater
-Friendliest user
-Best artist
-Top battlers(10 people)
-Most helpful user

I'm sure I'll think of more.

For the battlers, we have to have a Pokebeach tournament.

^^ Especially in single elimination.

Round robin would mortify the people's skills, but who has the time to do all of those battles?

About the tournaments: how will Pokébeach eliminate the cheaters and hackers?
About the grammer Grammy's: how will the winner be selected? Because there are more than one members that use perfect grammer (just read this reply and see if you can find one mistake :p )
And because ''grammer Grammy'' is quite long, you can also count them ''Grammers''!
But in my oppinion, it is very hard to make it happen, it would be awesome if it happened though.

But in case it wouldn't happen let me say this:
merry christmas everybody!

I love the idea.

I think that these categories should be in there too.

• Most Active Member
  • Most Popular Member (Just someone who is known well and gets most votes)

Here are my suggestions for possible categories:

*Comeback Kid - Started out knowing hardly anything about Pokemon, but progressed stronger as time passed; one that really stands out now, but wasn't that way at the beginning of the year/season.

*Bill Cosby's Zip-Zop-Zoopity-Bop Award: Only member who actually made relevant posts throughout the year, instead of just trying to get their post count up higher.

Back