Pokebeach Battle of the Week Season II Week II- Voting

Who do you want to see face off for week 2?

• Teapot

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • TDL

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Daft Punk

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • PMJ

• DittoCrow

• King Arceus

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters

One Approved

;
Advanced Member
2ljp3sj.png

Welcome to the second official season of PokeBeach Battle of the Week! Due to it's success in season one, Battle of the Week is back, and better than ever. With a fresh lineup of battlers, this season is sure to turn out great. For those of you who are new to this, here is what Battle of the Week is:

Battle of the Week is when the best battlers of PokeBeach gather, and 2 of them face off once a week. New battlers will be put into the poll every week. You as a community will vote on who gets to battle, which is then uploaded to YouTube. (this is so everybody who missed watching it live will still be able to see it.) There will also be commentary via Skype going on for each match!

Battle of the Week History
Week 1- Pride vs bacon-boy- Won by Pride

Week 1 pitted 2 of pokebeach's veterans against each other. Super Mod Pride, and Moderator bacon-boy. It was an exciting match from start to finish. Pride appeared to take control, but for a time, it appeared bacon would mount a comeback with his Slowbro. In the end, Pride ended up winning because he forgot to change Hidden Power Dark to Hidden Power Ice, so he is able to hit Slowbro super effectively. (lolwut.) Pride takes week 1 by a score of 2-0. A huge thanks goes out to JaySee for recording this match. :)

Rules
• Species Clause
-You cannot have two or more of the same species of a Pokémon on your team.
-- Example: You cannot have two Charmander on your team.
• Uber Clause
- Pokémon in the "Uber" tier list are not allowed to be on your team. These Pokemon are: Arceus, Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys (Normal and Attack formes only), Dialga, Excadrill, Garchomp, Giratina (both formes), Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Latios, Lugia, Manaphy, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-S, Thundurus, and Zekrom
-- Because they have not been officially released, Keldeo, Meloetta (both formes), and Genesect may not be used on any team.
• Sleep Clause
- You cannot put two of your opponent's Pokémon asleep at the same time.
-- Using moves that put your own Pokémon to sleep like rest will not trigger the Sleep Clause.
• Evasion Clause
- A Pokémon cannot use moves or items that directly increase its evasion stat.
-- Sand Veil and Snow Cloak do not break this clause. BrightPowder and Lax Incense do break this clause.
• Freeze Clause
- You cannot freeze two of your opponent's Pokémon.
• OHKO Clause
- A Pokémon cannot use moves OHKO moves.
-- Example: Fissure
• Self-KO Clause
- If both players are down to one Pokémon each, you are not allowed to use a move that KOs both Pokémon to force a tie.
-- If a recoil damage move forces a tie, then the Self-KO Clause does not trigger. The match will then be declared a draw.

Side Note: The type of match will be determined by the participants. The two players may choose to do an Underused, Doubles, Ubers, VGC, or some other kind of match as long as it isn’t challenge cup. Most will probably be standard OU, but other tiers are possible.

Spectator Rules:
• The battle window is not for conversation. I expect mostly quiet from the spectators. One reason is that the two battlers need to concentrate in order to have the best match possible. Having text consistently moving up their right screen is very distracting. The second reason is that the battles will appear on YouTube. YouTubers need to be able to read the text, so please try to be professional and not talk during the match. Now I’m not saying total silence for the entire match is required, but you can’t just blurt out the first thing that comes to your mind.

• The matches will be held on either Saturday or Sunday at the determined time by the two participants. We are not going to hold the match for you. If you want to watch, get there on time.

• If you are on Skype with a mic, please don’t swear, or use profanity of any kind. (racist jokes, etc.) Again, this will be on YouTube for everybody to see. If you do use improper language, we will promptly remove you from the current, and from future Skype conversations.

• If you are a participating battler and you are also on Skype, no cheating. (not that we expect you to.) If you are watching 2 players face off, and you know all about 1 of the participants teams, don’t spoil the surprise. We want to be surprised. Especially, however, not if one of the battlers is on Skype.

If anybody has the ability to record the match while being on Skype chat, please let me know. It's impossible for me to be there 100% of the time, so a backup would be cool. If you have Skype and some recording device that can pick up Skype conversations, let me know. it would be much appreciated. :)

If you are interested in either participating in the Skype commentary or to join the following week's poll, send a message to either [mod]Teapot[/mod] or [smod]Pride[/smod] asking to join!

Naw naw naw, I'm looking forward to TDL vs. King Arceus. Yeah. Yeah that's what I'm looking forward to.

Untitled-1.jpg

I've been really busy with things not called Pokemon so it's probably a good thing I won't be chosen this week. I have to get back in the swing of things.

Voted for teapot

Voted for PMJ just to annoy everyone because I don't hear much about PMJ as a battler. I am the 5.555555555555555555556%.

If only Teapot was more active. I have had a hard time even catching him on so I can't compete in another tournament match. I've been ready for ages.

Me and Arceus are going to play Friday at 6 PM EST.

Back