XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y General Discussion - Don't Post Topics That Have Their Own Thread!

SuperDuper said:
Hmm I just went to the hair salon in Lumiose and noticed that there was a new hair style (male hair styles) I could pick that was never there before. Besides very short, short, and medium, there was also medium perm. Is that just something you unlock after you beat the game? I don't remember seeing it after I became champ before, but maybe I didn't pay attention.

Anyone else seen that yet and I am just late to the party?

You probably need max style to get that unlocked. I noticed cab rides are half price or nothing if you don't know where something is and not far from it without knowing where a certain place is. If you ar close to a certain place and your cab ride is less than 200 I think you pay nothing or 100 XD. I know one time I was so close to a certain place and did not know I was that close I paid nothing rather than the usual price of 350 to get there.:)

RE: Pokémon X / Y General Discussion - Don't Post Topics That Have Their Own Thread!

xxashxx said:
Has anyone figured out how to migrate the dream points from gen 5? Mine have not migrated over. Has anyone else had theirs moved over to their X/Y account yet? If yours have how did they get transferred over from gen 5?:) Thanks XD.:) I am asking because I have roughly 250,000 points that I still need moved over. Thanks XD.:)

All points will be transfered to your account once the Gen V Global Link shuts down completely on the 14th Jan 2014.

here's the link http://en.pokemon-gl.com/about/p_transfer/

hope it helps :p

That 'unconfirmed' Pokemon

Okay, so I'm gonna have a hard time explaining this one.

Either last year, or the year before some time before X&Y were announced, there was some sort of release. I don't remember exactly what it was, although for some reason, the Trading Card Game tutorial for DS stands out, or something to do with the official website. On this website/release, there was some sort of beast that was hidden and people discovered it, where it was released onto a few sites.

I'm wondering if anyone remembers this, and if anyone can shed some light on the situation? I am not referring to the blurry silhouette from as of recent, but some time before that. I can't find any information on it and I'm really interested in knowing what happened with this.

Thanks!

RE: That 'unconfirmed' Pokemon

I know what you are referring to, it was a siluotted (sorry I can't spell that) pokemon, and I remember it being sorta like a torkal with spikes on it's shell, or something similar to that.

If you're referring to the shiny, white silhouette, it was confirmed to be a Pokémon Crossover with another game which I can't recall, but I think it hadtodo with horses or donkeys and races.

Ohman177 said:
What past pokes got stat changes this gen? Is there a list somewhere?
Yeah, but it's on a popular Pokemon website that we're not allowed to reference by name...

Speaking of changes, have all Pokemon getting retyped to Fairy-type been identified? There are many Pokemon currently unavailable in X/Y, suggesting others may yet be retyped... but then, the Cottonee family isn't available in X/Y and yet everyone is saying they're Grass/Fairy now.

A couple trainers in game use Whimsicott. When I fought one in the Battle Maison, I found that it was weak to a Steel type move, so I know it's retyped. As far as I know, there are no other retypings (and Milotic is not Fairy, it was not weak to Poison moves).

Are you talking about the chibi horse-looking thing? If so, that turned out to be Horse-racing Solitaire. Nothing to do with Pokémon at all, other than being made by the same people.

Keeper of Night said:
A couple trainers in game use Whimsicott. When I fought one in the Battle Maison, I found that it was weak to a Steel type move, so I know it's retyped. As far as I know, there are no other retypings (and Milotic is not Fairy, it was not weak to Poison moves).
Know anything about the Misdreavus line? Them and various legendaries like the Lake Trio and Cresselia are the ones I've been wondering most about... though I'm fairly certain the legendaries will have to wait until they can be traded to be confirmed.

J.D. said:
Keeper of Night said:
Know anything about the Misdreavus line? Them and various legendaries like the Lake Trio and Cresselia are the ones I've been wondering most about... though I'm fairly certain the legendaries will have to wait until they can be traded to be confirmed.

Not sure on the Misdreavus line as I haven't fought any yet. A few trainers use legends as you progress through the Battle Maison, so it's possible someone uses Cresselia at some point.

marsbar said:
xxashxx said:
Has anyone figured out how to migrate the dream points from gen 5? Mine have not migrated over. Has anyone else had theirs moved over to their X/Y account yet? If yours have how did they get transferred over from gen 5?:) Thanks XD.:) I am asking because I have roughly 250,000 points that I still need moved over. Thanks XD.:)

All points will be transfered to your account once the Gen V Global Link shuts down completely on the 14th Jan 2014.

here's the link http://en.pokemon-gl.com/about/p_transfer/

hope it helps :p

I am confused because I can't find where it says that is when they will transfer over on the 14th next year. Could you cut that out of the announcement and point to where it says that? I could not see where it says that though. Thanks XD.:)

It's not that little horse/pony silhouette from recent, it was quite some time before that. The Torkoal with spikes comment rings a bell, though.

tcgo_image.png

You're thinking of this no doubt. Your answer can be found here: [link]

Ok, this has been bugging me and I really need to let it out....

Why in gods name is Florges NOT Fairy/Grass???!!!
The majority of its level-up moves are Grass, and it has a freakin flower for a head! Its ability is directly for Grass type Pokemon!

Its like Charizard all over again...

P.DelSlayer said:

The majority of its level-up moves are Grass, and it has a freakin flower for a head! Its ability is directly for Grass type Pokemon!

So true!
I think they did that so there will be a pure fairy type Pokemon other then Sylveon and Xerneas

Pokefact: ghost type moves works even if your rival is vanished after phantom force.
not really helping with Yveltal though

P.DelSlayer said:

I agree, and was confused too, but I think it's defensively better off as pure-Fairy. The risks of bringing in a Grass typing would outweigh the benefits.

P.DelSlayer said:

I agree. However I always thought Florges had some basis on tree nymphs. Really just fairy like creatures who reside inside plants. Always made me think that maybe the flower it has for a head isn't really a flower at all.

CMP said:
P.DelSlayer said:

I agree, and was confused too, but I think it's defensively better off as pure-Fairy. The risks of bringing in a Grass typing would outweigh the benefits.

I see what you mean, competitively speaking it isn't that good.
However conceptually it is the no.1 fit for it and its not like GF acknowledge that a type wouldn't fit for a defensive Pokemon... Rock/Steel is a horrid defensive typing and we have Bastiodon and Probopass.

I can kinda see the reasoning behind their non-Grass type, that they wanted a new 3-stage entirely-Fairy because its new and everything but seriously...

P.DelSlayer said:
I see what you mean, competitively speaking it isn't that good.
However conceptually it is the no.1 fit for it and its not like GF acknowledge that a type wouldn't fit for a defensive Pokemon... Rock/Steel is a horrid defensive typing and we have Bastiodon and Probopass.

I can kinda see the reasoning behind their non-Grass type, that they wanted a new 3-stage entirely-Fairy because its new and everything but seriously...

Either way, even though its quite odd that she's not Fairy/Grass, at least i can see that her concept is a fairy who creates a symbiosis with a flower she resides in, thus having ability to manipulate the flower power using her fairy mystical power. :p

I do want a STAB Grass move though, so if only Florges ability is something like making her Grass moves do 1,5x damage, sigh..

I actually really like the Looker post game. While it was incredibly predictable, the fact that there was actually post game story pleased me. Also, did anyone notice the TCG card art in the Lumiose museum. They used the Fossil Excavator art and Mr. Briney's compassion art in 2 pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back