XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

HikaruAyame said:
Kitana Coldfire said:
As I was playing my W2 restart, I had a small epiphany. You know what little thing I wish they would add that would make the games 100% better (but would take about 0% extra effort)? Personal freaking pronouns.

It just irks me whenever my pokemon is paralyzed or something and the game spits out 'Rosehip is paralyzed! It can't move!' My Leafeon is a girl, game, stop calling her an 'it'. Same goes for my Armaldo; he's a boy, call him 'he'. Magnemite? Yeah, go ahead and call it 'it', since IT is genderless.

Instead of calling everything 'it', I wish they would just tie the pronouns to whatever gender the pokemon is. The pokemon is female, use 'she' 'her' or 'hers'; male, use 'he' 'him' or 'his'. Genderless an non-gendered legendaries can still use 'it', no problem. The only way I could see that becoming a programming problem is in the case of Azurill's weird gender ratio change, but that still probably wouldn't be a big issue.

Ah well, I suppose it's something I can dream for in later games.

Speaking as a programmer, THIS WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT. This has bothered me since genders were introduced. All they'd have to do is change the string "It can't move!" to (pronoun)+" can't move!" and have a pronoun check. NOT HARD. THEY DO THIS FOR THE PLAYER ALL THE TIME. It baffles me every time we have a new set of games that they don't do this on. Simple pronoun identification would help us bond better with our Pokemon. Half the time I can't even remember the gender of my Pokemon because it really, truly doesn't matter. Ugh.

I think the problem lies with language barriers; Japanese doesn't differentiate between masculin and feminin words, it's just all the same as far as I'm aware. When the games are given to the translators, they just try to make the most of it.

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Pokequaza said:
HikaruAyame said:
Speaking as a programmer, THIS WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT. This has bothered me since genders were introduced. All they'd have to do is change the string "It can't move!" to (pronoun)+" can't move!" and have a pronoun check. NOT HARD. THEY DO THIS FOR THE PLAYER ALL THE TIME. It baffles me every time we have a new set of games that they don't do this on. Simple pronoun identification would help us bond better with our Pokemon. Half the time I can't even remember the gender of my Pokemon because it really, truly doesn't matter. Ugh.

I think the problem lies with language barriers; Japanese doesn't differentiate between masculin and feminin words, it's just all the same as far as I'm aware. When the games are given to the translators, they just try to make the most of it.

As a Japanese speaker, I'd like to say that Japanese people do diffrenciate between a man and a women when speaking of pronouns. Not that much in nouns though.

Edit: We're really going off-topic aren't we? xD

Pokewiz1999 said:
http://instagram.com/p/fNXgTkqYdB/

o_O...

... It actually shook me, some sort of nervous shock... Now I've got the feeling that some things are fake xD...Would explain why he hasn't been Nintendo'd.

Edit: Where did your comment go? o.o

Kitana Coldfire said:
As I was playing my W2 restart, I had a small epiphany. You know what little thing I wish they would add that would make the games 100% better (but would take about 0% extra effort)? Personal freaking pronouns.

It just irks me whenever my pokemon is paralyzed or something and the game spits out 'Rosehip is paralyzed! It can't move!' My Leafeon is a girl, game, stop calling her an 'it'. Same goes for my Armaldo; he's a boy, call him 'he'. Magnemite? Yeah, go ahead and call it 'it', since IT is genderless.

Instead of calling everything 'it', I wish they would just tie the pronouns to whatever gender the pokemon is. The pokemon is female, use 'she' 'her' or 'hers'; male, use 'he' 'him' or 'his'. Genderless and non-gendered legendaries can still use 'it', no problem. The only way I could see that becoming a programming problem is in the case of Azurill's weird gender ratio change, but that still probably wouldn't be a big issue.

It's a simple IF statement so it would be < 0% effort. It would have been a nice touch for this game, would have made things a bit more personal.

Cresceda said:
Pokewiz1999 said:
http://instagram.com/p/fNXgTkqYdB/

o_O...

... It actually shook me, some sort of nervous shock... Now I've got the feeling that some things are fake xD...Would explain why he hasn't been Nintendo'd.

Edit: Where did your comment go? o.o

I kind of think he's trolling us. Don't know though

One of the mods must have deleted it... >_> http://instagram.com/p/fNXgTkqYdB/

I kind of hope (Though I very much doubt it) that all of this has been a fake leak! I really dislike all of the starters final evolutions (Greninja a little less than the others) and none of the revealed Pokemon have really caught my eye. Plus, no evolution for Dedenne? :(

He's a compiler, not a leaker though. None of the leaks he posted are even his.

How would they be fake? I've seen pics and videos. You can't tell me Nintendo made fake games to sell early.

Bloodronin said:
How would they be fake? I've seen pics and videos. You can't tell me Nintendo made fake games to sell early.

Don't think everything is fake but still... I thought he was directly connected to the leaker. Who knows, if it's true, what Nintendo tried to achieve...

(playing Devil's advocate)We've really only seen long videos of the beginning parts. Everything else has been like 10 seconds long. Not impossible to do, especially if Nintendo themselves orchestrated it. It's still possible that we're dealing with fakes. (/playing Devil's advocate) I'd trust the twoish hours we have up on youtube now, though. That would be going a bit far.

Kitana Coldfire said:

Just to throw a wrench into the conversation: What if some of the images he compiled were leaked onto the internet by Nintendo through several different aliases on different sites, and while some of the images/videos may be real, others are fakes.

Edit: Sort of Greninja'd by HikaruAyame

Rune Yagami said:
Kitana Coldfire said:

Just to throw a wrench into the conversation: What if some of the images he compiled were leaked onto the internet by Nintendo through several different aliases on different sites, and while some of the images/videos may be real, others are fakes.

Only thing what's bothering me, why would they've made fakes?

TayBee said:
Kitana Coldfire said:

Instead of calling everything 'it', I wish they would just tie the pronouns to whatever gender the pokemon is. The pokemon is female, use 'she' 'her' or 'hers'; male, use 'he' 'him' or 'his'. Genderless an non-gendered legendaries can still use 'it', no problem. The only way I could see that becoming a programming problem is in the case of Azurill's weird gender ratio change, but that still probably wouldn't be a big issue.

Great, now you've made me notice and now it annoys me too! Haha!

Also I've been watching the walkthroughs by Msxcage and I know that this has been mentioned already, but the music in these games is AMAZING. Even the normal trainer battles!
I thought that too when I was watching. They really spent a lot of time on the soundtrack. ]

Cresceda said:
Rune Yagami said:

It's simple human nature, really. It had been previously reported that when providing organizations with review copies, Nintendo and GF put a particular emphasis on keeping the content of the games private, preventing leaks, and enforcing a zero tolerance policy for the preceding. Naturally, given that climate, Nintendo/GF must have known that humans have a natural inclination to do what you tell them not to do, and that people were going to leak plenty of information. So, maybe they doctored some fake images and screenshots just to throw everyone off.

Cresceda said:
Rune Yagami said:

I suppose, as releasing the games globally without leaks was a bit ambitious, they may have had some sort of back-up plan just in-case? It's not completely impossible, just quite improbable.
Realistically, whokilledarchie is probably just trolling for laughs.

Nintendo have been very quiet this week though? I was expecting them to give away more and more info the closer we got to the release, but we've heard almost nothing from them since Charizard X's reveal? Does anyone know when we might expect more news/official artwork?

(( Edit; Basically I agree with FT10 ))

That would be kind of amazing, that would beat the 1ds on trolltendo levels of epic wins.

@ Pronouns, personally I don't even know the Gender of ANY Pokemon on my team. That stuff only matters for your Breeders. So the game saying, 'she' or 'he', is Paralyzed, would only confuse me immensely... >_<

Certain people have started getting their games early from websites like Amazon because they pre-ordered it, and more people are due to get the games before the 12th. None of them have found any different pokemon than the ones that were leaked and I'm betting some have already evolved their starters to their final forms. Nintendo isn't pulling some big prank on us, guys, these games are the real deal.

FT10 said:
Cresceda said:

It's simple human nature, really. It had been previously reported that when providing organizations with review copies, Nintendo and GF put a particular emphasis on keeping the content of the games private, preventing leaks, and enforcing a zero tolerance policy for the preceding. Naturally, given that climate, Nintendo/GF must have known that humans have a natural inclination to do what you tell them not to do, and that people were going to leak plenty of information. So, maybe they doctored some fake images and screenshots just to throw everyone off.

I would be kind of confused if those images are fake... Strangely enough, it would be a bummer if it is true.

roppi said:
Certain people have started getting their games early from websites like Amazon because they pre-ordered it, and more people are due to get the games before the 12th. None of them have found any different pokemon than the ones that were leaked and I'm betting some have already evolved their starters to their final forms. Nintendo isn't pulling some big prank on us, guys, these games are the real deal.

Just reacting to a post from a sort of leaker :p

does anyone know if Any stores in canada leaked the game yet (in the montreal area)?

At this point, I am not surprised if Nintendo just out and said that because of the leaks and whatnot, and they want everyone to enjoy the games. While talking about how stores leaked the games early and whatnot. That in an effort to still catch the wave, they will change the date that XY were originally to be released, to today.

Honestly though, if Nintendo does say, "Screw it, a select few are getting the copies early, the leaks are out. Why not release it early and call it a day?" and made sure every retail that hasn't been brought up with the leaks already are allowed to sell the games if they have the shipments, I would be at Target right this moment.

Edit:

Bad news everybody!
The walkthrough of X has been put to a halt! The videos have been privatized/removed and thus an end for the latest leaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back