XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

I got the game! Im in London and my shop released it early today. I'll put gameplay up only if requested. I'll ignore any hate or disbelief put towards me also.

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Oblivion_Wing said:
I got the game! Im in London and my shop released it early today. I'll put gameplay up only if requested. I'll ignore any hate or disbelief put towards me also.

Congrats! :D I won't look at gameplay, I'll wait 'till the release, this week has been very, VERY long though >.<

Oblivion_Wing said:

Which shop in London released it early? Might pick one up today if they're already being sold!

Pokequaza said:
Oblivion_Wing said:
Okay to start off. I have een observing and readig this thread since page 68. Ill get straight to the point showing why grenibja may be fake. If you look at all the pictures of it, the first one leaked by that italian showing its moves,, if you look at grenibjas arms, there are what look like spiky elbow joints. If you look at the latest screen of it in battle AND the supposed artwork, its not there. Just an observation.

That latest screen is just fan-art, they used the official/Sugimori-like fan-art, and made a 3D model out of it. The only assumed real picture we have of Greninja is the original one.

Cresceda said:
Oblivion_Wing said:

Congrats! :D I won't look at gameplay, I'll wait 'till the release, this week has been very, VERY long though >.<

Aha thanks!! Its been so long! I am also one of the few people that actuallybgot Y. You should look around your place toi, in case any shops release it early.

Ka$h Money said:
Which shop in London released it early? Might pick one up today if they're already being sold!

It's in Harlesden called Game Arena

NoDice said:
Cresceda said:
1. http://25.media.tumblr.com/7bb12052828a317705db4e9a09adf8ce/tumblr_mucssg4RU31r8sc3ro1_1280.jpg

Is the Mewtwo Y form pic from the official Smash Bros website? Because if its not, its most likely a photo shopped fake.
It is most definitely not from the official website; today's update features Sonic vs Bowser, and the quality of the photo suggests that it would have been taken by an insider.

If this was a photoshop, it'd be quite an elaborate one; to my knowledge there is no image of the Battlefield stage that large or complete, and I can't imagine how anyone could replicate it in a Brawl hack. On the other hand, there is a Mewtwo Y character hack for Brawl, and the image of Mewtwo beside its damage counter appears to be from Melee--speaking of which, that picture and the blue aura around Mewtwo Y indicates that Mewtwo Y is a Final Smash, and that standard Mewtwo is the playable character.

Real or fake? Honestly, I could go either way at this point.

Oblivion_Wing said:

Which shop? I live in London! Tell me now!

TV Rotom? Youngster Joey is back?

BEST. NEWS. EVER! :3

Sheriff_K said:
TV Rotom? Youngster Joey is back?

BEST. NEWS. EVER! :3

TV Rotom hasn't been confirmed yet, just that someone is talking about it. It could just be the normal Rotom... :/ Just sayin' :D

Anybody know if any stores in the United States have the games yet?

No store in Maryland from Frederick to Baltimore to DC has them on shelves yet.

Atadiusti said:

I can vouch for this.

godzilla41 said:
FT10 said:
I'm an Anglophone living in Quebec; I'm counting on my French-speaking fellow citizens to be uninterested in Pokémon :)

small world. i live in montreal :)

So do I..well, Laval to be precise. This confirms that which I always suspected...there are Pokemon fans lurking everywhere!

Bloodronin said:
Atadiusti said:

I can vouch for this.

The stores I've gone to in the Midwest said that they all heard about the Canada-being-fined-2000-dollars-a-copy thing and they don't dare risk it.

....Am I the only one severely let down by Youngster Joey's team? Scatterbug and Fletchling are nice and all, but he NEEDS A RODENT. Even Zigzagoon would have been better!

HikaruAyame said:
Bloodronin said:
I can vouch for this.

The stores I've gone to in the Midwest said that they all heard about the Canada-being-fined-2000-dollars-a-copy thing and they don't dare risk it.

....Am I the only one severely let down by Youngster Joey's team? Scatterbug and Fletchling are nice and all, but he NEEDS A RODENT. Even Zigzagoon would have been better!

I would've like a Rattata in his team and some phrases that are more related to his "old self" :(

Cresceda said:
HikaruAyame said:

I would've like a Rattata in his team and some phrases that are more related to his "old self" :(

Well ... You must admit his Scatterbug is STILL in the top cut of Scatterbugs :3

Cresceda said:
HikaruAyame said:

Or maybe, just maybe there is someone else in the pokeverse called joey?

As I was playing my W2 restart, I had a small epiphany. You know what little thing I wish they would add that would make the games 100% better (but would take about 0% extra effort)? Personal freaking pronouns.

It just irks me whenever my pokemon is paralyzed or something and the game spits out 'Rosehip is paralyzed! It can't move!' My Leafeon is a girl, game, stop calling her an 'it'. Same goes for my Armaldo; he's a boy, call him 'he'. Magnemite? Yeah, go ahead and call it 'it', since IT is genderless.

Instead of calling everything 'it', I wish they would just tie the pronouns to whatever gender the pokemon is. The pokemon is female, use 'she' 'her' or 'hers'; male, use 'he' 'him' or 'his'. Genderless and non-gendered legendaries can still use 'it', no problem. The only way I could see that becoming a programming problem is in the case of Azurill's weird gender ratio change, but that still probably wouldn't be a big issue.

Ah well, I suppose it's something I can dream for in later games.

Kitana Coldfire said:
As I was playing my W2 restart, I had a small epiphany. You know what little thing I wish they would add that would make the games 100% better (but would take about 0% extra effort)? Personal freaking pronouns.

It just irks me whenever my pokemon is paralyzed or something and the game spits out 'Rosehip is paralyzed! It can't move!' My Leafeon is a girl, game, stop calling her an 'it'. Same goes for my Armaldo; he's a boy, call him 'he'. Magnemite? Yeah, go ahead and call it 'it', since IT is genderless.

Instead of calling everything 'it', I wish they would just tie the pronouns to whatever gender the pokemon is. The pokemon is female, use 'she' 'her' or 'hers'; male, use 'he' 'him' or 'his'. Genderless an non-gendered legendaries can still use 'it', no problem. The only way I could see that becoming a programming problem is in the case of Azurill's weird gender ratio change, but that still probably wouldn't be a big issue.

Great, now you've made me notice and now it annoys me too! Haha!

Also I've been watching the walkthroughs by Msxcage and I know that this has been mentioned already, but the music in these games is AMAZING. Even the normal trainer battles!

Kitana Coldfire said:

Instead of calling everything 'it', I wish they would just tie the pronouns to whatever gender the pokemon is. The pokemon is female, use 'she' 'her' or 'hers'; male, use 'he' 'him' or 'his'. Genderless an non-gendered legendaries can still use 'it', no problem. The only way I could see that becoming a programming problem is in the case of Azurill's weird gender ratio change, but that still probably wouldn't be a big issue.

Speaking as a programmer, THIS WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT. This has bothered me since genders were introduced. All they'd have to do is change the string "It can't move!" to (pronoun)+" can't move!" and have a pronoun check. NOT HARD. THEY DO THIS FOR THE PLAYER ALL THE TIME. It baffles me every time we have a new set of games that they don't do this on. Simple pronoun identification would help us bond better with our Pokemon. Half the time I can't even remember the gender of my Pokemon because it really, truly doesn't matter. Ugh.

TayBee said:
Kitana Coldfire said:

Great, now you've made me notice and now it annoys me too! Haha!

Also I've been watching the walkthroughs by Msxcage and I know that this has been mentioned already, but the music in these games is AMAZING. Even the normal trainer battles!

It really is... the route music makes it sound like your strolling through a forest in the Disney animated universe. It's really nostalgic! Clearly the best music of the series so far, and that's saying something, because the music in Pokemon games has always been good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back