XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors & Speculation

She definitely could be a new Gym leader of Kalos seeing as how GF likes revealing things in a secretive manner, lol.

On a separate note, do you guys think this could be real?
--> http://jan.2chan.net/jun/31/src/1378627111168.jpg
--> I found this on Reddit.
If it is real this would be awesome! My only tip off are that it is without Seviper and Pinsir, but then that could lead to there normal evolutions. Also, could Hydreigon be replaced with Volcarona? However, All legendaries that get Mega evolutions are event witch makes sense. Also, GF has been known to leave "pair" Pokemon in the dust...

In addition, I also found a Mega Mew photo on Reddit and was wondering if that was real as well. It would make sense if they shared the stone because they share DNA.
--> http://i.imgur.com/Llp8Z0J.jpg

Lastly, how can I add an image to my signature?? Thx.

[private]I explained how to add images to a signature. Also I will give a link to the proper question forum to ask such things. *Drohn[/private]

Lone Wolf JLT said:
In addition, I also found a Mega Mew photo on Reddit and was wondering if that was real as well. It would make sense if they shared the stone because they share DNA.

False. That Mew is Deviantart.

AtmosphericThunder said:
Ohman177 said:
My thought is the fact that mewtwo hates everyone/is misunderstood. How could he possibly develop a close relationship to someone in order to mega evolve like other pokemon. Well, he probably didn't. Just like in the movie, since mewtwo doesn't really have any friends and everyone's afraid of him, maybe he became his own friend/gave up on everyone else and relied on himself. Then he used his immense power to evolve without help from someone else since relying on someone would show him to be weak.

Did you not watch anything after the first Mewtwo movie?

After Ash showed that he wanted to help Mewtwo, Mewtwo realized that not all humans want to misuse Pokemon for power and Mewtwo became more friendly toward Ash and his gang before leaving with the clone Pokemon to live in peace.

I coulda sworn that was a hologram and not the real mewtwo. And even if it was, Ash and friends aren't going to be with him all the time. Everyone else is different.

Lone Wolf JLT said:
She definitely could be a new Gym leader of Kalos seeing as how GF likes revealing things in a secretive manner, lol.

If it is real this would be awesome! My only tip off are that it is without Seviper and Pinsir, but then that could lead to there normal evolutions. Also, could Hydreigon be replaced with Volcarona? However, All legendaries that get Mega evolutions are event witch makes sense. Also, GF has been known to leave "pair" Pokemon in the dust...

The mew one has been proven a fake.

RE: Mewtwo confirmed to have a SECOND Mega evolution!

professorlight said:
J.D. said:
And why reveal this second form so late? Well, I probably sound like a broken record by now, but maybe this second form is a super secret Mega form, meant to be superior to Mega Mewtwo and all the other Mega Form Pokemon. It'd certainly explain the secrecy and the delay behind the reveal.

But isn't the whole point of megaforms to even the field between pokemon? I mean, everybody since forgotten starters to previously non-remarkable (strength-wise, of course) pokemon can get megaforms, and powerful ones, at that, so now, even a mawile can put up a good battle against a hydreigon, something suicidal before megaforms appeared, so what is the point of a super secret superior megaform to one of the strongest pokemon out there? normal mewtwo now wouldn't be so overpowered compared to other pokemon, but if it becomes even stronger, it'll keep dominating, and that isn't nice (well, for us who don't like mewtwo, I mean, he even got miracle eye, that's not fair...).

But Mewtwo is suppose to be the overpowered character; it'd totally be within his character to have something even more powerful than powerful that allows him to lord over other Pokemon...

Besides, they could also gimp him in some way, like giving him a bad ability, or adding effects to his Mega Stone that could sap his HP or something, similar to the negative effects of a Life Orb.

Lone Wolf JLT said:

I'm calling false on this one...

Why would Genesect have a Mega Evo? Sure, it's Drive gimmick is useless, but it'd still loose it... and unless some Pokemon retain their abilities through Mega Evolution (so far there's no proof of this) Zoroark would loose its Illusion gimmick as well. The lack of Seviper (paired with Zangoose) and the addition of Celebi (one random mirage Pokemon?) also seem fishy, as does the addition of Wobbuffet (the guy's already perfect as is, what's the point of a Mega Evo?).

Plus, the whole image could have easily been photoshopped...

McFadyen said:
Lone Wolf JLT said:

False. That Mew is Deviantart.

So the Mega Mew is fake, but what about the Mega Evos list?

Lone Wolf JLT said:

That list has Garchomp on it. Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope. Just nope.

In all seriousness, I highly doubt its real. I don't think there will be that many megas, not only that but a lot of the ones on that list are already way overpowered. If you noticed, most of the ones they chose so far were never that great competitively, spare Venusaur and that's only with his DW ability.

Zielo said:
Lone Wolf JLT said:

That list has Garchomp on it. Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope. Just nope.

In all seriousness, I highly doubt its real. I don't think there will be that many megas, not only that but a lot of the ones on that list are already way overpowered. If you noticed, most of the ones they chose so far were never that great competitively, spare Venusaur and that's only with his DW ability.

I agree. I also don't think it's real, because, c'mon, how many times has news of that magnitude ever broken on Reddit? However, hypothetically, if it were real, I think the list is pretty cool and I would be more than happy to have all those megas.

So....I found this:

tumblr_msth4teE5H1srs5uao1_500.jpg

Apparently, these are rumored to be all the Mega Evolutions that we'll get.
Remember, RUMORED.
NOT CONFIRMED.
I find it a little bit believable.
It would make sense if Game Freak gave all these Pokemon upgrades.

EDIT: Derp, I just realized someone else had posted this on FPN. Sorry.

98Greener said:
So....I found this:

tumblr_msth4teE5H1srs5uao1_500.jpg

Apparently, these are rumored to be all the Mega Evolutions that we'll get.
Remember, RUMORED.
NOT CONFIRMED.
I find it a little bit believable.
It would make sense if Game Freak gave all these Pokemon upgrades.

Well that's cool and I would love to see some of those. But a lot of those pokwmon don't really need an upgrade. They are all pretty powerful as is. And I would rather some (like Sableye) would get an actual evolution instead. Also, if Zangoose gets a Mega, then so should Seviper. They are rivals, can't let Zangoose outdo him!

Im okay with all of them. Maybe Salamence, Meta, Garchomp, Tyranitar and the legendaries dont need the damn Mega. But whatever. Oh, and Latias and Latios arent gettin a megaform? That's awesome. Would hate if they give them a MegaForm

I would so much rather Hydreigon got a mega than Volcarona
That way there's no jealousy in the psuedo-legendary clique

Only capala the zebstrika of my black team could do it so I hope it is fake.

Ohman177 said:
AtmosphericThunder said:
Did you not watch anything after the first Mewtwo movie?

After Ash showed that he wanted to help Mewtwo, Mewtwo realized that not all humans want to misuse Pokemon for power and Mewtwo became more friendly toward Ash and his gang before leaving with the clone Pokemon to live in peace.

I coulda sworn that was a hologram and not the real mewtwo. And even if it was, Ash and friends aren't going to be with him all the time. Everyone else is different.

The hologram is from mastermind of mirage.

Also the original Mewtwo did not get a Mega Evolution.

When the new one appeared, she got a Mega Evolution. She is not the same Mewtwo.

new rumor occurred :

"New Pokemon and Mega Evolution Information

Yo, so, yeah, there's been a lot of rumors going around and such and people are probably a bit on-edge, but I can give you my word, although it isn't much since you don't know me, that this is information that is on its way to being revealed around the middle of this month when the Official XY Website updates and everything. Here's what I've learned about the New Pokémon and Mega Pokemon being revealed as well as some other game play stuff I've learned about. So, yeah, trust me or not, but this'll be revealed in about a week's time and you'll see yourself.

First off, there are Eight New Pokémon being revealed, although four of them have been seen previously in preview videos or mentioned in leaks.

Aspent. It's a Poison-type "Desert Snake" Pokemon, basically a maroon cobra with gold stripes and a little Egyptian Pharaoh hood. It has Intimidate as an Ability, and a new Normal-type move named "Serpent Dance", which confuses the user while lowering the foe's Attack and Speed. In the overworld you can now see certain Pokemon, some will run away from you, some will stand still and let you walk up to them, while others will chase after you, with Aspent popping out of the sand in areas and chasing after you. It is described as being a dangerous desert-dwelling Pokemon that performs a strange, twisting dance that lulls its prey into a false-sense of security.
Poirre. It's a Water/Rock-type "Gushing" Pokemon, it resembles a large gray, finely carved fish statue like the kind you see on fountains, with a wide mouth that's shooting out water skyward, even in the art it's shown shooting water out. It has Drizzle as an Ability, and learns very few moves besides Water Gun, but is said to shine in Double Battles. Using its new Water-type move, "Healing Spring", it is able to continuously heal it and its partner for three turns but, on the downside, it is unable to use any moves or switch out. It is described as being a sedentary Pokemon that gets rid of its excess body water by spraying it out of its mouth for hours at a time, with nearby Pokemon gathering around it for hydration.
Grimmwood. This is the English name of "Orotto", the Pokemon seen in Japanese trailers beforehand, known as the "Deep Woods" Pokemon. It is Grass/Ghost, with Stall as an Ability. It knows Ingrain, and often appear in Horde Battles with other Grimmwood, using Ingrain to continuously heal and prolong the fight. They also learn a new Poison-type move known as "Poison Apple", which heals the foe's HP then badly poisons them. It is described as being strange Pokemon that grow in large groups in areas where wars took place in the past, and move around in order to confuse travelers who pass through the woods they live in.
Espurr. It's a Psychic-type "Roaming Cat" Pokemon, a chunky purplish cat with black star marks decorating its body, and pointy ears like a witches-hat. It has Infiltrator as an Ability, and has Swift as one of its moves. Espurr appear in certain towns, including Lumiose, at night and will run away if approached by a trainer. To catch them, you need to utilize your skates and back them into a corner so you can battle them. It is described as a foreboding Pokemon that gather around human settlements, and are said to be associated with strange occurrences.
Meowstic. It's a Psychic-type "Familiar" Pokemon, the evolved form of Espurr, with a stronger witch motif has its ears are taller and pointier, and its tail resembles a broomstick. Its body is pure-black with purple star marks, and inverse of its pre-evolution. Its Ability remains as Infiltrator, and learns Moonlight, as it is a Pokemon that is stronger when battling at night. It evolves from the mischievous Espurr by playing with it in Pokemon-Amie and getting on its good-side. It is described as being a fiercely loyal Pokemon with powerful magic that follows its Trainer's will to the fullest, but will hiss and scratch if any human besides its Trainer attempts to touch it.
Staeger. It's a Bug/Flying-type "Stag Beetle" Pokemon, it's a copper-colored stag beetle with a folded up body and larger pincers, it resembles a "spaceship" a bit with its wing spread out. It has a new Ability called "Air Strike", which powers up its attacks when used against Flying and Levitating Pokemon, thus it is said to be a very powerful Pokemon when used in Sky Battles with "Aerial Ace" and "Bug Bite" as attacks. It is also said to evolve when it masters Sky Battling. It is described as a fierce hunter that never lands on the ground when chasing after its prey, but is docile when drinking sap from trees.
Beettallion (Armored Mode). It's a Steel/Flying-type "Metamorphic" Pokemon, a larger metallic stag beetle with little turrets on its back, once more it looks a lot like a futuristic "spaceship" with "Shell Armor" as an Ability. It has strong defenses, but loses some of its Speed and Attack. It learns a Bug-type move known as "Metamorph", which allows it to Mode Change into Strike Mode, which is Bug/Flying and has a more humanoid, mecha beetle look who wields its horns like swords. Furthermore, Strike Mode lowers it defenses, but regains its Attack and Speed as well as regaining Air Strike as an Ability. It cannot change back after using Metamorph. It is described as being a natural Pokemon that evolved a method of transforming its body in order to keep up continuously evolving prey, and thus can adjust to changes in battles.
Reangil. It's the Pokemon that was seen in the Nintendo Direct, a Fairy/Dragon-type "Nevermore" Pokemon. It has a new Ability known as "Fog Horn", which creates a mysterious fog wherever it appears which lowers the Accuracy of all Pokemon including itself. It has a new Fairy-type move known as "Dragolance", which does Dragon-type damage to foes. It is described as being a Pokemon that appears in many ancient Fairy-tales and shows itself to those who believe in it, and is said to live for exactly 100 years.

There are also four Mega Evolutions shown...

Mega Mewtwo (Pure Forme). In addition to Mega Mewtwo, a second Mega Evolution of Mewtwo exists which is much smaller and friendlier looking, with its tail wrapping around its body. It is Psychic-type, and has "Magic Guard". It is said that Trainers who have proven themselves to have strong hearts may bear witness to this Forme that, while small, is rumored to possess extremely potent psychic powers.
Mega Magcargo. It becomes Fire-type as it breaks out of its shell, resembling a larger fiery snail with the back of its body bubbling up with heat bubbles. It gains a boost in Special Attack and has Flash Fire as an Ability. It is described as its body raising to excessive temperatures that prevent it body from cooling down whatsoever.
Mega Drifblim. It is Ghost/Flying, and its upper body swells to a larger size and it has six "arms" now instead of two, but mostly stays the same looking. The larger size gives it stronger Defense and Special Defense than before, and it has a new Ability, "Sky High", which prevents it from being grounded. It is described as its body swelling to massive sizes as it takes to the air to heights that most Pokemon are incapable of reaching.
Mega Jynx. It is Ice/Psychic, and its body slims down and it has a more "hotter" look to it, with its hair turning an icy silver. Its slimmer size gives it more Speed, and it also has stronger Special Attack, and has Cute Charm as an Ability as it has an alluring look to it. It is described as using its Psychic powers to create a strange illusion that gives it a beautiful look that no Pokemon can resist."

I have to say that the above rumor would please me if it were true; I hope it is. Pokémon in the overworld is something I really like, and having them follow or try to escape from you is awesome! Would they be one time events or recurring? I hope recurring.

I would definitely like to have that Desert Snake Pokémon and Meowstic.

kayko said:
new rumor occurred :

"New Pokemon and Mega Evolution Information

Yo, so, yeah, there's been a lot of rumors going around and such and people are probably a bit on-edge, but I can give you my word, although it isn't much since you don't know me, that this is information that is on its way to being revealed around the middle of this month when the Official XY Website updates and everything. Here's what I've learned about the New Pokémon and Mega Pokemon being revealed as well as some other game play stuff I've learned about. So, yeah, trust me or not, but this'll be revealed in about a week's time and you'll see yourself.

First off, there are Eight New Pokémon being revealed, although four of them have been seen previously in preview videos or mentioned in leaks.

Aspent. It's a Poison-type "Desert Snake" Pokemon, basically a maroon cobra with gold stripes and a little Egyptian Pharaoh hood. It has Intimidate as an Ability, and a new Normal-type move named "Serpent Dance", which confuses the user while lowering the foe's Attack and Speed. In the overworld you can now see certain Pokemon, some will run away from you, some will stand still and let you walk up to them, while others will chase after you, with Aspent popping out of the sand in areas and chasing after you. It is described as being a dangerous desert-dwelling Pokemon that performs a strange, twisting dance that lulls its prey into a false-sense of security.
Poirre. It's a Water/Rock-type "Gushing" Pokemon, it resembles a large gray, finely carved fish statue like the kind you see on fountains, with a wide mouth that's shooting out water skyward, even in the art it's shown shooting water out. It has Drizzle as an Ability, and learns very few moves besides Water Gun, but is said to shine in Double Battles. Using its new Water-type move, "Healing Spring", it is able to continuously heal it and its partner for three turns but, on the downside, it is unable to use any moves or switch out. It is described as being a sedentary Pokemon that gets rid of its excess body water by spraying it out of its mouth for hours at a time, with nearby Pokemon gathering around it for hydration.
Grimmwood. This is the English name of "Orotto", the Pokemon seen in Japanese trailers beforehand, known as the "Deep Woods" Pokemon. It is Grass/Ghost, with Stall as an Ability. It knows Ingrain, and often appear in Horde Battles with other Grimmwood, using Ingrain to continuously heal and prolong the fight. They also learn a new Poison-type move known as "Poison Apple", which heals the foe's HP then badly poisons them. It is described as being strange Pokemon that grow in large groups in areas where wars took place in the past, and move around in order to confuse travelers who pass through the woods they live in.
Espurr. It's a Psychic-type "Roaming Cat" Pokemon, a chunky purplish cat with black star marks decorating its body, and pointy ears like a witches-hat. It has Infiltrator as an Ability, and has Swift as one of its moves. Espurr appear in certain towns, including Lumiose, at night and will run away if approached by a trainer. To catch them, you need to utilize your skates and back them into a corner so you can battle them. It is described as a foreboding Pokemon that gather around human settlements, and are said to be associated with strange occurrences.
Meowstic. It's a Psychic-type "Familiar" Pokemon, the evolved form of Espurr, with a stronger witch motif has its ears are taller and pointier, and its tail resembles a broomstick. Its body is pure-black with purple star marks, and inverse of its pre-evolution. Its Ability remains as Infiltrator, and learns Moonlight, as it is a Pokemon that is stronger when battling at night. It evolves from the mischievous Espurr by playing with it in Pokemon-Amie and getting on its good-side. It is described as being a fiercely loyal Pokemon with powerful magic that follows its Trainer's will to the fullest, but will hiss and scratch if any human besides its Trainer attempts to touch it.
Staeger. It's a Bug/Flying-type "Stag Beetle" Pokemon, it's a copper-colored stag beetle with a folded up body and larger pincers, it resembles a "spaceship" a bit with its wing spread out. It has a new Ability called "Air Strike", which powers up its attacks when used against Flying and Levitating Pokemon, thus it is said to be a very powerful Pokemon when used in Sky Battles with "Aerial Ace" and "Bug Bite" as attacks. It is also said to evolve when it masters Sky Battling. It is described as a fierce hunter that never lands on the ground when chasing after its prey, but is docile when drinking sap from trees.
Beettallion (Armored Mode). It's a Steel/Flying-type "Metamorphic" Pokemon, a larger metallic stag beetle with little turrets on its back, once more it looks a lot like a futuristic "spaceship" with "Shell Armor" as an Ability. It has strong defenses, but loses some of its Speed and Attack. It learns a Bug-type move known as "Metamorph", which allows it to Mode Change into Strike Mode, which is Bug/Flying and has a more humanoid, mecha beetle look who wields its horns like swords. Furthermore, Strike Mode lowers it defenses, but regains its Attack and Speed as well as regaining Air Strike as an Ability. It cannot change back after using Metamorph. It is described as being a natural Pokemon that evolved a method of transforming its body in order to keep up continuously evolving prey, and thus can adjust to changes in battles.
Reangil. It's the Pokemon that was seen in the Nintendo Direct, a Fairy/Dragon-type "Nevermore" Pokemon. It has a new Ability known as "Fog Horn", which creates a mysterious fog wherever it appears which lowers the Accuracy of all Pokemon including itself. It has a new Fairy-type move known as "Dragolance", which does Dragon-type damage to foes. It is described as being a Pokemon that appears in many ancient Fairy-tales and shows itself to those who believe in it, and is said to live for exactly 100 years.

There are also four Mega Evolutions shown...

Mega Mewtwo (Pure Forme). In addition to Mega Mewtwo, a second Mega Evolution of Mewtwo exists which is much smaller and friendlier looking, with its tail wrapping around its body. It is Psychic-type, and has "Magic Guard". It is said that Trainers who have proven themselves to have strong hearts may bear witness to this Forme that, while small, is rumored to possess extremely potent psychic powers.
Mega Magcargo. It becomes Fire-type as it breaks out of its shell, resembling a larger fiery snail with the back of its body bubbling up with heat bubbles. It gains a boost in Special Attack and has Flash Fire as an Ability. It is described as its body raising to excessive temperatures that prevent it body from cooling down whatsoever.
Mega Drifblim. It is Ghost/Flying, and its upper body swells to a larger size and it has six "arms" now instead of two, but mostly stays the same looking. The larger size gives it stronger Defense and Special Defense than before, and it has a new Ability, "Sky High", which prevents it from being grounded. It is described as its body swelling to massive sizes as it takes to the air to heights that most Pokemon are incapable of reaching.
Mega Jynx. It is Ice/Psychic, and its body slims down and it has a more "hotter" look to it, with its hair turning an icy silver. Its slimmer size gives it more Speed, and it also has stronger Special Attack, and has Cute Charm as an Ability as it has an alluring look to it. It is described as using its Psychic powers to create a strange illusion that gives it a beautiful look that no Pokemon can resist."

Just pointing out, that this doesn't match up with the rumored list of Mega Evos that we've been discussing.

This means one of 3 things:
-The Mega Evo list is fake
-This list is fake
-They're both fake

That aside, this list looks ok. The only thing about this list that makes me get a fake feeling about it is the beetle that changes form, but even that's not that unrealistic.
(It also lists Oorotto as Grass/Ghost, which I like)

edit: Where did you get this list from? Depending on the source it may get a bit more (or a bit less) credible.

*[mod]Drohn[/mod]: Remember you can mention official Pokémon sources as a reference, but not competitor websites.*

P.DelSlayer said:
Just pointing out, that this doesn't match up with the rumored list of Mega Evos that we've been discussing.

This means one of 3 things:
-The Mega Evo list is fake
-This list is fake
-They're both fake

That aside, this list looks ok. The only thing about this list that makes me get a fake feeling about it is the beetle that changes form, but even that's not that unrealistic.
(It also lists Oorotto as Grass/Ghost, which I like)

That list of Mega Evolutions was already confirmed to be fake. Poor quality, google-translate Japanese, and simple misspellings. Not something produced by GameFreak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back