Spin-Off Pokémon Rumble World - Troubles Catching Bosses

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
steffenka said:
Could both of you please send me a pm? I'll just leave my FC here: 1306-5808-6303 :)

I added you. I also discovered my profile didn't have my FC so I put it on my profile.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
Did you guys actually buy diamonds to progress that fast or are you just super addicted? o_O

Reggie McGigas

-
I am at rank 24, I have no way to buy diamonds as the gamestop near me doesn't have any 3DS E-Shop cards in stock.

I have faced the following legendaries: Latios, Groudon (4 times), Registeel, and Latias. Only Latios and Registeel dropped for me. Registeel was sparkling and Latios was wobbly. Latios is the only one I have been able to make wobbly with my gutsy pokemon.

Mitja

veteran smartass
I pretty much manage to get every single legendary to drop when I face them (or any boss actually), it just needs patience and focus.
The strategy is so ridiculously obvious, that I'm shocked I don't see anyone talking about it anywhere.

I figured out several days ago that Super Fang is awesome. It halves opponents HP, except for bosses, where it's more like 1/8th every time you hit them with it.

So what I do is (when I really do not want to risk anything) first knock out ALL the spawning pokemon (and yes they do stop showing up if you KO them all for like 5 minutes)...so after a long very boring slow pick-KO-fest while avoiding the boss, you're left with just the boss. No distractions.

Then I just evade its moves (and don't get to close or it'll use a quick-quake to knock you away and potentially paralyze you), which is normally 3 times primary move, followed by 1 time secondary move, after that it starts steaming for ~5 seconds before it becomes invincible (MISS) and uses the revenge quakes. Those 5 seconds are the time I spam super fang on it.
(bosses differ, observe their behaviour first to confirm when it's safe to attack and when not)

Of course the SuperFangs make very low damage, allowing you to keep the boss alive while hitting it with a lot of superfangs.
It takes quite a while before it starts to wobble because of it, but when it does, I just spam my other move to KO it before the wobbling is over.

Whenever I don't manage to get a boss with this method, it's always because I wasn't careful enough (or do it without taking my time getting rid of the spawns first lol)

I stacked up on Linoones initially, and later got Watchogs. There is also Raticates and Sharpedos.. once you have the move tutor, you don't even need to catch new ones for the move.

Also, if the boss is quite sturdy I tend to get the boss to around 40% HP with something strong before I switch to my rodent, just in case it wobbles early, so it doesn't wear off before I can KO it from having too much HP still left.

Oh and there is also Endeavor! Which is even more handy for regular pokemon (as they die to ~6 Superfangs due to lower HP and actual halving)

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I don't buy Diamonds, I'm at rank 24 too, so I think I'm just addicted ;)

I've gotten Suicune, Groudon and Latias, though I didn't get Latias. Both Suicune and Groudon were sparkling, and that Groudon is amazing! Precipe Blades is so helpful, knocking things out from a distance!

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
steffenka said:
I don't buy Diamonds, I'm at rank 24 too, so I think I'm just addicted ;)

I've gotten Suicune, Groudon and Latias, though I didn't get Latias. Both Suicune and Groudon were sparkling, and that Groudon is amazing! Precipe Blades is so helpful, knocking things out from a distance!
Kyogre's Origin Pulse is strong as hell, try it ;) Dialga's Roar of Time is super helpful too!

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer
Mitja said:
I pretty much manage to get every single legendary to drop when I face them (or any boss actually), it just needs patience and focus.

So what I do is (when I really do not want to risk anything) first knock out ALL the spawning pokemon (and yes they do stop showing up if you KO them all for like 5 minutes)...so after a long very boring slow pick-KO-fest while avoiding the boss, you're left with just the boss. No distractions.

Then I just evade its moves (and don't get to close or it'll use a quick-quake to knock you away and potentially paralyze you), which is normally 3 times primary move, followed by 1 time secondary move, after that it starts steaming for ~5 seconds before it becomes invincible (MISS) and uses the revenge quakes. Those 5 seconds are the time I spam super fang on it.
(bosses differ, observe their behaviour first to confirm when it's safe to attack and when not)

So the time that you want to hit it is when it closes it's eyes and rocks a little (not with stars showing or the Pokemon shining/sparkling - I know you can catch it then - some even start off that way)? I think I'm having trouble telling when to run in and hit it. I did catch two last night trying your method - minus the super fang, but I'm still not sure I know when to attack to get the best chance at making them wobble.

But it does really help to defeat all the spawning Pokemon first! Thanks for the tips. :)

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
ilovecommas said:
Mitja said:

So the time that you want to hit it is when it closes it's eyes and rocks a little (not with stars showing or the Pokemon shining/sparkling - I know you can catch it then - some even start off that way)? I think I'm having trouble telling when to run in and hit it. I did catch two last night trying your method - minus the super fang, but I'm still not sure I know when to attack to get the best chance at making them wobble.

But it does really help to defeat all the spawning Pokemon first! Thanks for the tips. :)
You have to hit it while the boss tries to hit you, dodge its attack and hit it, dodge and hit it, dodge and hit it.
The wobble chances are all the same during the battle vs the boss, there's no way to increase the chances during the battle, unless you're using a Pokémon with Gutsy. Gutsy increase the chances to make the foes wobbly.

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer
So when it raises up to attack, run in and hit it before it attacks you? That should then initiate a wobble, or do you have to keep repeating that till all the HP is gone and then it should wobble - or could it go either way?

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I don't tend to get wobbles in both fights unless its after the boss uses its secondary attack while it is charging up for the shockwave.

MegaBeedrill

This isn't even my final form!
ilovecommas said:
Mitja said:

The pokemon will close it's eyes and remain steady in one spot. Only during this time you can get a wobble.

jsNQLrR.jpg

Noticed the relaxed look on lucario. Also they don't jump like during the retaliation and rage phazes.

I've never once gotten a wobble during any other phaze, and I have experimented. I haven't gotten a wobble either when wearing them down (so they're weak enough for me to KO them without them exiting the wobble).

Another thing is some pokemon are impossible to wobble.. namely chesnaught, mienshao, and aegislash from my experience so far. The first two use a protective move before the cooldown phaze, making them invincible.. aegislash on the other hand doesn't got into a cooldown period.

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer
So hit it when it is still with it's eyes closed? That is what I have been doing and sometimes I catch them and sometimes I don't. I guess I'll keep doing that because I do think that has worked - I'm getting conflicting information...

I have caught a Chesnaught and Mienshao, so maybe I've been doing it right.

And I apologize for asking so many questions - I'm just trying to make sure I'm doing the right thing to catch them. I have fainted a lot of them :( I don't want to wast my time not catching them if I can.

MegaBeedrill

It's tricky certainly, sometimes you wobble, sometimes you don't. Even with lv. 4 wobble power and a gutsy pokemon, I only catch the pokemon half the time.

But yeah, when it's still, and relaxed looking that's when you want to pound it.

As far as catching chesnaught, aegislash, mienshao and probably some others I haven't encountered yet, catching them mostly relies on them randomly dropping the toy or them sparkling.

I'll post more images later for a better visual on the cooldown.

MegaBeedrill

King Arceus said:
You could use Haze to get rid of Spiky Shield.

If it does, that would be a very narrow window of oppertunity to haze, then attack for a wobble before it exits out of the cooldown.

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer
I've been watching Youtube videos/reading tutorials and it doesn't seem like anyone can agree what "method" to use. Some people say hitting them while their eyes closed works and some say it doesn't. From what people are saying it does not seem like any method works every time - people only get it to work half of the time. Maybe it is just luck.

Mitja

veteran smartass
They use their main mvoe 3 times, then the other move once, and immediately! after that fourth move, they start calmly steaming.

Often I can even tell by their animation when the other move is being charged and go behind them prepared to spam superfang/endeavor as soon as they use it.

... you spam your Superfang/endeavor until you "MISS", that's the end of the timeframe, and when u should get out of the way as they're invincible and charging up the quake.

I catch like a dozen bosses per day and get most of them.
If I don't it's either because I accidentally KO them while recklessly plowing the mobs, or I get KOd for not being focused or leaving the mobs alive.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
ilovecommas said:
I've been watching Youtube videos/reading tutorials and it doesn't seem like anyone can agree what "method" to use. Some people say hitting them while their eyes closed works and some say it doesn't. From what people are saying it does not seem like any method works every time - people only get it to work half of the time. Maybe it is just luck.
Of course there is not a method that works 100% of time, you always have to be a lil' bit lucky! ;)