Spin-Off Pokémon Rumble World - Troubles Catching Bosses

I believe it depends on how many times you've done the stage. After you've played it at 500 P the next time it goes to 1 Diamond. As you play it more fom that Mii the diamonds it will cost go up until it is equal to the number of stars the level has.

Yes, the price does go up when you repeat a stage, but sometimes they don't even give you the option to pay 500 P, they immediately ask for Diamonds. Mitja was saying whether or not you do depends on the star ranking. From what I've observed, it certainly seems as though the higher star rankings are more likely to ask for Diamonds, but as I've demonstrated above, it's not a hard and fast rule, you can sometimes get into the higher star rankings without having to pay Diamonds.

Another variable that may contribute to the cost, is what the balloon is. For example, if you're using a higher recharge balloon like starlight, it'd cost more since you're pretty much skipping an entire 8 hours to instantly go back.

Not sure if there is a confirmed modifer.

Another variable that may contribute to the cost, is what the balloon is. For example, if you're using a higher recharge balloon like starlight, it'd cost more since you're pretty much skipping an entire 8 hours to instantly go back.

Not sure if there is a confirmed modifer.

Well I haven't bought any of the later balloons (although I do sometimes get rides to areas I haven't unlocked yet), so that's not really an issue.

So this morning after I got my daily diamonds I ended up catching Mesprit and Mew bringing me up to 717 species. I also caught Arceus-Fairy. The Mew was Rusty and ended with Punchy, Perky, and Adept so that was pretty awesome. If only Explosion would work with Adept like it did for Rumble Blast.

I've barely had any success making boss Pokemon wobble - I've mostly just been at the RNG's mercy. The only legendaries I've managed to catch are Latias and Heatran, and only because both were shining.

~Psychic

So this is pretty much my strategy for bosses at this point:

-Eliminate all the minions if they're too much of a distraction.
-Guess how much HP the boss needs to trigger a wobble and weaken it to that amount.
-Batter it with a Gutsy Pokemon during cooldown and wait for it to wobble.
-If I don't get a wobble and I'm closing to K.O.ing it, switch in my Slowbro that knows Heal Pulse and repeat Steps 2 and 3.

I've had a lot of success with this strategy, primarily because you have infinite chances as long as you don't accidentally K.O. the boss or get K.O.ed yourself.

Gutsy Super Fang and you catch every boss as long as you are not killed.

...Naturally, right after posting in this thread, I managed to make Palkia wobble and caught it. Spacial Rend is really coming in handy for catching Pokemon!

~Psychic

It's official. I'm the luckiest son of a bitch on Earth. Someone offered me a ride to Bastion of Beginnings 3 Star (the one with Arceus in it), and I just couldn't pass up this opportunity. And boy, Arceus does not fool around. He uses Judgement most of the time, which in this game functions like Magical Leaf, it works by shooting several balls of light that home in on enemies. And then before his cooldown mode, he uses a healing move (Recover?). It it very difficult to get his HP down with those two attacks to worry about, you have to spend a lot of time evading Judgment or else you'll get hit, and if you're not attacking him enough he'll eventually get all his HP back. I struggled with him and actually accidentally K.O.ed him, but then I payed another PokeDiamond to give it another shot. The second time around, I finally found something that worked, I used a Gutsy Floette that knows Magical Leaf, which did enough damage to him because it was super effective (it was a Ground type Arceus). I came very close to getting K.O.ed (Judgment can be pretty tough to dodge), but I managed to hold out long enough to get a wobble and finally caught it.

Proof:
8IrsBvT.jpg

NY3abTP.jpg

I also got Mew there, but it's Picky+ which I'm not quite happy with.

Last edited:
I finally was able to afford the Special Trait Tree level 10 from my daily diamonds I get. Now to capture more legendaries with traits.

I finally captured Kyurem-Black. I decided since the time was right, I'd capture two of them. Both of them had its signature move so I'm quite pleased. My most powerful is now a Kyurem-Black with 2243 power.

Time to bump this. Update 1.1 is out. To update, you have to go to Rumble World in the eshop and then hit to the upgrade screen. This update makes enemies drop more coins and for those who have the Diamond Digger, you'll get 40 diamonds a day instead of 20. A new balloon is now in the balloon shop and is free. It has a higher chance of having Pokemon you don't currently have. I'm only missing Azelf and it had multiple Azelf in the level, although I was unsuccessful at making it wobble.

There's also a new password for the update that gives you 100 Diamonds.

JP: 32831175
NA: 48213190
EU: 71104779

EDIT: Also, to elaborate on the new balloon, it's called the Lucky Balloon and it's designed to take you to areas with Pokemon that you haven't caught yet. The way it works is that it's 4 floors with each one comprising a different area in the game at various star levels, with the last one consisting of a boss. At least one of them will contain a Pokemon that you haven't caught yet. Do note that it won't take you to areas you haven't unlocked yet, so if you've completed every balloon you've bought, you won't find any new Pokemon from it and it'll just take you to completely random areas. The balloon is free once you download the update, but you need to be at least Rank 33 to unlock it.

Last edited:
I finally obtained Azelf ( my last remaining Pokemon to capture. ). Really wish the update would have made Hoopa available so rank 80 could be obtained.

Wow, Mewtwo actually has its own battle theme. Guess they can't resist milking the hell out of 1st gen nostalgia.

Back