XY Pokémon Playthrough Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Name questions about Pokémon from different regions.

P.DelSlayer said:
Yep, once the Pokemon has evolved (if it can) it's name will change to English.
(I kno this cos it happened to a Braixen I traded and then evolved into a Delphox)

Awesome, nothing against other languages but it is a preference to have the English names. Thanks very Mucho for the information.

RE: Pokémon X / Y : Playthrough Questions & Answers

Chocolate Death said:
FoxFire said:
Because the RNG hates you.

The what? Why is it that I'm having this problem with all Kanto pokemon now. Q A Q

RNG=Random Number Generator.

Does anyone know where you can get decent experience post game? I need to evolve a bunch of Pokemon to fill up my Kalos dex so I can get the oval charm.

Ka$h Money said:
Does anyone know where you can get decent experience post game? I need to evolve a bunch of Pokemon to fill up my Kalos dex so I can get the oval charm.

It takes a while, but eventually the Battle Chateau becomes awesome for gaining exp. (and money!)
As you rank up, eventually you'll start seeing furisode girls, which all have two or three Audino each. Audino gives out a very nice amount of exp. With a Silver Writ of Challenge (challengers never run out), and a Black Writ of Challenge (all challengers' Pokémon are 20 levels higher), they become the best exp givers in the game. Those writs are expensive, but seriously, the older challengers give out so much money that you can get it back and then some very quickly.
That's how I evolved stuff to complete my Kalos Dex :3

Frezgle said:
Ka$h Money said:

It takes a while, but eventually the Battle Chateau becomes awesome for gaining exp. (and money!)
As you rank up, eventually you'll start seeing furisode girls, which all have two or three Audino each. Audino gives out a very nice amount of exp. With a Silver Writ of Challenge (challengers never run out), and a Black Writ of Challenge (all challengers' Pokémon are 20 levels higher), they become the best exp givers in the game. Those writs are expensive, but seriously, the older challengers give out so much money that you can get it back and then some very quickly.
That's how I evolved stuff to complete my Kalos Dex :3

Awesome! Thanks for your help ^-^

Is there an ability to increase Bug-type encounters or Poison-type encounters? I wanna chain a bunch of Weedle or Kakuna to get one shiny and get a shiny Beedrill. I also would like to know if there's one ot increase Grass-types because I also want to chain for shiny Skiddo. (Shiny Gogoat looks like a black and white tiger with lime colored horns and stuff! It's so cool!

Ka$h Money said:

Best I've found is re-doing the Elite 4 and Champion while running an Exp. Boost O-Power.

How do I perform the Back flip on my skates? I have the trick but I need to do it once to get the medal XD. Thanks.:)

xxashxx said:
How do I perform the Back flip on my skates? I have the trick but I need to do it once to get the medal XD. Thanks.:)

Jump a ledge at high speed.

Oh ok thanks XD

RE: Masuda method

I am unsure as to if this is the appropriate space for this or not, but it also deals with the Masuda Method. As I am an extremely new and a rather novice shiny hunter, I have been hatching egg after egg. But does the bicycle or roller skates effect this at all?

On top of that, I have hatched at least a minimum of fifty eggs for one of my current shiny hunts and I swear the glittering sounds when the eggs hatch has changed and become somewhat louder. Does this mean anything as well?

SylveonsAndEspurrs said:
I am unsure as to if this is the appropriate space for this or not, but it also deals with the Masuda Method. As I am an extremely new and a rather novice shiny hunter, I have been hatching egg after egg. But does the bicycle or roller skates effect this at all?

On top of that, I have hatched at least a minimum of fifty eggs for one of my current shiny hunts and I swear the glittering sounds when the eggs hatch has changed and become somewhat louder. Does this mean anything as well?

1) the bicycle or roller skates don't affect it at all.
iirc the only external way to help with eggs is to have a Pokemon with Magma Armor or Flame Body in your party which halves the time taken to hatch eggs - it can be very handy depending on what you're hatching

2) no idea

How do you find out your Friend Safari type?

P.DelSlayer said:
SylveonsAndEspurrs said:

1) the bicycle or roller skates don't affect it at all.
iirc the only external way to help with eggs is to have a Pokemon with Magma Armor or Flame Body in your party which halves the time taken to hatch eggs - it can be very handy depending on what you're hatching

2) no idea

I did take into account having a Pokemon with Flame Body by having my Talonflame consistently on my team while I've been doing this then simply cycling around in a circle at Lumiose City. So I am glad to hear the cycle has no affect. As for the sounds, oh well. Maybe it just indicates I have hatched a lot of that particular Pokemon. Thank you for your help.

brOkenice said:
How do you find out your Friend Safari type?

I don't think there's a way you can determine it yourself; you have to ask one of your friends and they'll tell you.

Is there anyone willing to tell me my own Friend Safari Pokemon and the type?
I can find out your Safari types as well :) - PM me with FCs and such

How do I get the Trickster Medal? I have done the 360 the back flip the Swizzler and I think the fancy flip but not sure how to pull of the trick where you need to move the circle pad in the opposite direction. How do I do that trick? I have tried that and it did not work.:)

EDIT: Actually it is the running start trick that I need help on. Do I need to run manually or do I need to run while on skates? Thanks XD.:)

EDIT 2: I just got the Medal. Besides the other tricks you need to max out your 360. Not just doing it slow but you need to do a 360 by moving the joystick rapidly in both directions. Meaning you have to rapidly do a counter clockwise spin until you hear the glitter sound and do the clockwise spin until you hear the glitter sound. It can be a bit tricky at first XD.:)

Who here knows quite a bit about consecutive fishing? Who here has found a shiny doing this? What happens if the first pokemon in your party is defeated when you are making a chain, does the chain break? What happens if you save the game when you are making a chain, is the chain broken?

IgnisMagister said:
Who here knows quite a bit about consecutive fishing? Who here has found a shiny doing this? What happens if the first pokemon in your party is defeated when you are making a chain, does the chain break? What happens if you save the game when you are making a chain, is the chain broken?

I've found a Shiny Qwilfish via Chain Fishing.

To answer your questions:
1) it does not make any impact on the Chain. The only things that break the chain are a) moving from the spot b) not landing a Pokemon and c) catching a Pokemon.
2) I'm not sure - I don't think going to the menu has any negatives since I healed one of my Pokemon between streaks and the next Pokemon was my Shiny Qwilfish, so either I'm lucky or it doesn't have an effect. Considering my luck, I'm much more willing to believe it was the latter.

And altho you didn't actually ask this, it really helps to have a Pokemon with Suction Cups as your lead since that increases the chance to land a Pokemon - if anytime I feel like a bit of chain fishing I will always take my Octillery with me. (I usually have my low-level Dedenne -Nuzzle!- and my False Swipe Haxorus with me as well)

Where is the pokemon message-lady? Togepi needs to evolve before it can breed, but its not in a luxury ball like my Espeon is.

Does super training have friendship effects like that of the vitamins? Is a neutral-natured female super luck 3 perfect IV togepi worth it enough to train anyway [going to use it to breed modest ones later]?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back