XY Pokémon Playthrough Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y : Questions and Answers

Some held items are no reusable. However I'm quite sure Mega Stones are, especially since Blazikenite it only distributed through an event so far.

Regarding GenV-VI Transfer

With all the leaked info, does anyone know yet if there's a way to transfer from GenV to GenVI? I don't wanna wait until December 27th to have some of the Pokemon I've been collecting since Sapphire transferred over; I'd prefer to do it ASAP.

Thanks in advance!

RE: Regarding GenV-VI Transfer

There literally is no other transfer option?! Dayyummm! Thanks for the quick reply.

RE: Regarding GenV-VI Transfer

That's kind of their goal I think, to prevent people from Transfering over all level 100 Legendaries and steamrolling the Story.

What I'm most irked about, is not being able to Transfer Held Items.. >_<
Ruins all of my plans. I was farming expensive Berries in Dream World, and BP items... :(

I heard somewhere on the forums that you will only be able to have one mega evolved Pokemon per battle or per team. Has this been confirmed anywhere, or is it just speculation considering how they will be more powerful than other Pokemon?

Jemuzu said:
I heard somewhere on the forums that you will only be able to have one mega evolved Pokemon per battle or per team. Has this been confirmed anywhere, or is it just speculation considering how they will be more powerful than other Pokemon?

You're only allowed 1 per team - essentially there can be 2 in a battle, one of which is yours and the other being your opponents.

Are they going to update the Pokedex 3D Pro with the new Pokemon? If so, how long do you think it will take?

Swordmaster13 said:
Are they going to update the Pokedex 3D Pro with the new Pokemon? If so, how long do you think it will take?

I don't think they will, no. If anything, they'd make a new Pokedex app, but as far as I know GameFreak has no plans to. If they did, however, it'd take quite a while depending on how many Pokemon we get this gen and how complicated their designs are.

Dragon Pokémon said:
Swordmaster13 said:

I don't think they will, no. If anything, they'd make a new Pokedex app, but as far as I know GameFreak has no plans to. If they did, however, it'd take quite a while depending on how many Pokemon we get this gen and how complicated their designs are.

Can't they just make it a DLC add-on? Like when it was first released, you had to buy Pokémon from gens 1-4.

Blob55 said:
Dragon Pokémon said:

Can't they just make it a DLC add-on? Like when it was first released, you had to buy Pokémon from gens 1-4.

It's not just adding new Pokemon on this time tho.
The main reason the DLC adding on worked last time was because all the movepool stuff had already been established in that generation, so there wasn't any need to change anything about the Pokemon (other than certain Formes being included, and 3 new Pokemon being included)

This time however, they have to change the Pokemons weakness charts to include Fairy (and potential Ghost/Dark normal damage), go through old Pokemons movepools and change them and in some cases actually change their types to include Fairy.
They also have to make 3d models of around 90 new Pokemon, including Mega Evos.

And they can't just 'add on the 6th generation mons', because of the changes above.
If they add one thing from the 6th generation, they have to add everything.

That said, we don't know what the actual ingame Pokedex is like in X/Y. It could actually be a suitable replacement for 'Dex 3d.
If that's not the case, then I think the most likely thing is that they'll either a) just leave it be and not do anything about it, or b) make an entirely new free app, similar to the original Pokedex 3d, exclusive to 6th gen.

I have two questions:
1. How many forms of vivillon are there? And is it possible to see some image?
2. After getting the speed boost torchic and send it to polebank, if I restart the game again, would I be able to get another torchic?

Thanks in advance

[split] Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Hi guy! This is my first post ever (although I will shamelessly admit that I've read all 299 pages of this thread ;) ).

I'm still deciding which version to get, but I'd really like to know if there are other version-exclusive pokemon besides the newbies. I heard someone mention a while back that bagon was supposedly Y-only. Is this true? Is there a list somewhere of all version exclusive pokemon? Much appreciated!

*[mod]Drohn[/mod]: Welcome! I moved this post to the Questions and Answers Thread, since it's more fitting. *

Jaime Runt said:
I have two questions:
1. How many forms of vivillon are there? And is it possible to see some image?
2. After getting the speed boost torchic and send it to polebank, if I restart the game again, would I be able to get another torchic?

Thanks in advance

1: Pretty sure there is 1 form of vivillon, would be a surprise if there was another
2: Maybe? not sure, If resetting the game deletes your wonder cards, which it probably doesn't, then yes you can but if deleting the game doesn't reset the wonder cards then you can get only 1

Actually it does have at least 2 forms. The pink one we all know and another blue one, which is called "Polar form".

[split] Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Quick question. When the guides for Black and White came out did they showcase Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect as well? So if there are more Pokemon out there then possibly the guide will reveal them to us.

Mugi said:
Actually it does have at least 2 forms. The pink one we all know and another blue one, which is called "Polar form".
Oh thanks. The reason I asked is because I saw a white sprite somewhere and thought there might be many. It was probably the blue one I saw then. About the torchic event... any idea wether the system would be able to detect that I already got it from my previous playthrough or not?

Q: I preordered both games at gamestop around june or july. Will they pull a HG/SS and offer the dex/bookthing at half off or even have it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back