Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Starry Trails

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Yes, darn your impatience indeed)

"Hey," he shouted quite firmly towards the Tyranitar. "I want that Vaporeon to escape just as much as you do. She's the key to this crime, and if she escapes...well, she locks a door that not even my brute force can utterly destroy."

King was unable to create a solid platform of earth in time due to inexperience but nonetheless escapses the collapsing ground that cheased him for seconds. It was a brief moment before he ended up reaching the fork, on his way to Alex and Myzer, both would could hear the incoming ruckus a quarter-mile away.

He growled, unable to retaliate, simply staring at Ranald savagely.
"I have to ask though," the Ampharos said, "what benefit would it be of you to stay here?"

Ooc: I wouldn't have made King succeed in making a platform either. The soil was too loose from what you said.

Ic: King reaches the rift and says, "This will be easier." King moves across the ledges, using earth magic to create footholds when necessary. Doing this, he moves at a rapid pace, and catches up to the others quickly. He says, "Guys, it's me, King. The other tunnel is a dead end."

(If he would have failed anyway, then shouldn't you have put that it didn't work in your post in the first place?)

"That, I do not have a great answer for," Ranald replied. "Though it's still an answer. If she happens to be dumb enough to escape through the front door, then we can catch her. Though I find that scenario unlikely. More likely, if that beast comes for us, I can help you dispatch it."

Ooc: Oh Pokefan, you most certainly have a bone to pick with me, don't you :p

Ic: King wonders why the cracks are here in the first place. It felt odd to him that they would not show up on the surface.

Ooc: Have Ice Master and ZSL quit?

"Yes, yes," Myzer said impatiently. "We heard you half a mile away. Now be quiet for a second."

Myzer waited a few seconds, sizing up the jump. Then he took two quick strides and leaped into the darkness. He swore loudly - he had messed up the jump. He threw his hands left, and just managed to get a grip on the pillar. He pulled himself on top of it, so he was balancing - albeit precariously - on top of the pillar.

The fire on his finger had winked out, so he relit it.

The pillar was not completely sharp so there was not danger of fatal impalement. However, the rock was slightly wet, making the task of staying on it difficult as Myzer looked for more pillars. On the good side, there were more around now that be had jumped, but they were visible in every direction, not giving an indication of which direction the tunnel was going.

The Ampharos could not help but grin.
"You're wasting your time, but if that is your wish, very well."

King says, "You know I can help you with that," as he creates platforms and easily strides over the rift.

(I'd like to give you a slight note of caution that since King's magic ability is still low, the amount of times he can create platforms is limited. The more you use it here, the sooner I'll declare you unable to create platforms for some time.)

Ooc: Okay thanks for the warning I also decided specifically King's current fire abilities, (which are described are; easily creating hot spots, (igniting the sword,) occasional igniting things on fire, plumes (like earth columns, somewhat rare,) and only when he's very angry or pumped, he can create explosions. That's just to specify, but his fire otherwise is somewhat weak, and all but the hot spots are kind of rare.

Myzer tentatively took a step onto King's earth platform and tested it. It felt safe enough, so he shifted his full weight onto it... and exhaled, glad that he hadn't gone plunging deep into the dark abyss.

"Which way?" He asked.

"If it is your wish," the Ampharos repeated.

Neither of them could see farther than eight feet, and any direction revealed no significant difference. Was there a way to figure out their surroundings?

King says, "You are using fire magic to see, right? Maybe if I make a hotspot, you can increase it's brightness?"

Myzer made a slashing motion in the direction of the pillar, and it started to shine bright.

"That should do it. Although since my fire magic - my magic in general - is weak, I won't be able to do any more of this."

With the increased luminance,much more was visible. They could also see that the tunnel had widened into an open area of pillars, though how exactly wide it is and the depth still remains unknown.

King says, "I don't want to use to much more earth magic." He begins to leap from pillar to pillar, not landing on them, but leaping and clingingto the sides, then shimmying up.

Alex carefully analyzed each jump and calculated trajectories, velocity, and a host of other things before each jump so he would make the jumps without relying much on his psychic capabilities, giving him time to recharge. Using his claws to gain better traction, he proceeded on, attempting to discover what lay beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back