Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Starry Trails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyflair

Yes, sir. Of course, sir.
Advanced Member
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Starry Trails

Plot: Welcome to the peaceful region of Rogu, a small country just fresh out of its "dark ages." Chaos and evil, for the most part, have subsided to allow the people to prosper in their villages, and even led to the birth of a few kingdoms. With the leave of heroes came the rise of adventurers, those that wish to explore the land for the excitement and for just the sake of exploration itself. With the demand of travelling comes the dangers of those that wish to plunder and raid those on the road. Vast ways of combat now have enhanced weaponry and brought the still-little-understood magic to the front stage. Fighting is just as serious as ever, but don't slip up... it could be fatal.

Hello, dear traveler. Step into the page and join the fun. For once, the sky just might not be the limit.

Rules:
  • General forum rules apply.
  • This roleplay focuses more on quality than quantity. While you are expected to be active, there is no need to constantly keep posting 24/7. Take more time for more detailed posts (and please pay attention to spelling and grammar. There's no need to be perfect, but don't make a mistake almost every post). If I feel that you're starting to slack off, I will PM a warning to you. If I don't see improvement over time, I will remove you from the roleplay.
  • In order to allow everyone to keep up, you are not allowed to post more than three times after the GM's (me, basically) last post. This prevents an overwhelming number of posts from two or three people and leave others just plain lost.
  • As a note, the level of battles are high; given a power-type character, wiping out a house (or four) would be considered acceptable by this roleplay's standards. However, please keep in mind the following:
    • You are not the game master, and the only character you have access to alter is your own. You cannot say that your move hits someone else, because the target is not owned by you. You may simply declare the tactic and actions you take in the battle or anything else as long it doesn't touch anyone else. As the GM, I will state the final results of your actions.
    • In the profile, there will be a "battle style" description. Be very meticulous in developing this (doesn't mean you can fluff the rest of your profile). Consider what kind of traits you'd like to highlight in, be it speed, strength, anything but the sink. The more original, the more you could be rewarded in the end. One caveat: As the GM, I would also consider the weaknesses you might have and possibly target them from time to time. Be prepared to try to squirm out of uncomfortable battle scenarios that you could get stuck in.
    • Setting is something similar to medieval times. Weapons such as swords, longbows, crossbows, flails, etc. are fine. Firearms (with the exception of a cannon) are not permitted. Keep in mind that magic is also present. If you wish to be a magic user, please focus it onto some form rather than just settling with something like "magician" (not to mention this would violate the above rule).

Profile Form
Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Personality:
Battle Style:

Players

Zyflair
Name: Marrisa
Species: Vaporeon
Appearance: Slightly larger than someone normally her age, Marrisa stands on two most of the time, simply because she requires the front two paws in order to use much of her magic. She wears a leather belt around her waist, mainly to carry her small dagger and the handmade pouch, containing small amounts of food and miscellaneous items. Lastly, as a sorceress, she wears a long black cloak that goes down to the ground easily, a hood attached at the end. With this, she could completely cover her entire body
and conceal her identity. In addition are hidden pockets on the inside of the cloak that hold various items for battle, including spell tags (slips of paper that have some energy or power within that could serve some minor use).
Personality: Marrisa's personality isn't exactly set in stone, as she has a number of mood swings. Overall, she does tend to be biting and strict, and her smiles tend to have more of a "you're next" type of feeling to it. Despite that, she treats her companions with respect (mostly) and acts for the benefit of the group.
Battle Style: Marrisa excels in water sorcery, manipulating nearby water sources (sometimes even from air in humid conditions) or even her own body in combat. She favors a mix-up game, using the presence of water to attack her opponent from all angles chaotically, aiming to confuse the opponent and keep him or her from focusing. On the downside, Marrisa tends to lack firepower with the exception of using high-pressure water, a technique she has not yet mastered. Attempting to jettison such concentrated water drains her energy more than her other moves, nor to mention it is not consistently accurate. Furthermore, Marrisa relies on water in order to move efficiently. If in a dry area, she suffers being flat-footed and would not be able to maneuver out of attacks as easily.

Pokefan4000
Name: Ranald
Species: Conkeldurr
Appearance: Ranald honestly doesn't look that different from a normal Conkeldurr other than the tone of his body; unlike other Conkeldurr who have massive arms, it's...well, no, his arms are massive as well. It's jus tthat they actually show signs of exercise. Muscles actually show other than simply a massive hunk of arm. The vein-like projections scattered across his body look a bit more realistic; if someone looks close, they can see them pulsing. Though these are usually covered by a bland gray chain mail tunic, a somewhat common and cheap form of armor. The two concrete slabs that a Conkeldurr usually carry seem to be absent from his grasp, but rather, they're somewhat hollow and are aligned on a strap that goes around his back that acts as a sheath for a sword (which will be explained below).
Personality: Being quite literally a walking tank, Ranald isn't exactly the best team player, usually sticking by himself in combat. He treats others with great honor and respect, even those much...less skilled...than him. He also has quite a sense of humor, loving a good joke or two and a carefree personality. Despite his appearance, he's a bit of a gentle giant. Though in combat, if he's in your way, you better get out of there or somebody is going to get seriously hurt.
Battle Style: Ranald doesn't fight with concrete slabs like most Conkeldurr do; rather, he uses the concrete slabs as a sheath for an unarguably more powerful weapon. This weapon is dubbed by many as a three-handed sword--that is, a blade so tremendously heavy that even the strongest couldn't lift it with two hands (thus the name, three-handed sword). Amazingly, Ranald can weild this powerful weapon with a single hand nearly flawlessly. Ranald usually doesn't slice and dice with this behemoth of a weapon. Rather, he weilds it like he would his concrete slabs, slamming them on his targets with considerable strength. All this power does come at a cost, however, and that is the fact that the blade is incredibly heavy, even with Ranald's second hand. This results in a slow, but undeniably powerful attack, though Ranald has developed sword techniques that make advancing and striking a tad easier. Hitting things is the problem with Ranald's style of fighting...but most of the time, one hit is all he needs. If for whatever reason he cannot weild his sword, he can just as easily use the concrete slabs as an emergency backup weapon. He can't use these as well as his blade and they generally don't deal much of a blow (compared to the sword, that is), but they're lighter and can be weilded easier. Against a powerful ranged fighter, Ranald is nearly useless in combat, since he knows no magic.

ZoruaSnivyluver
Picture
Name: Miku
Species: Glaceon
Appearance: Her fur is slightly lighter than that of a normal Glaceon. The Diamond-like bumps on her forehead are more put together-and look a little like human hair. The streaming parts that come off the sides of her face are one solid color, the same as the hair on top of her head. The streaming parts are more like streaming hair, than how Glaceon's usually seem. She usually likes to walk on her hind legs, and can be a little clumsy on all fours. She usually carries around an odd little knife, with a little black handle, and an incredibly sharp blade. Though, she seems to have no scars, and there's no trace of the knife being used for anything. She also has pretty, alluring, ice blue eyes that stand out from her fur. She also has a thing tail-it doesn't and in a triangle, it ends in a thin point.
Personality: Miku is a little dark, and a little snobby. Everything has to go as planned, or she will not be happy. She uses her charms to her advantage, and trys to be a little hypnotic. Every once in a while, she can get a Pokemon to do exactly what she wants. She's pretty spoiled, obviously.
Battle Style: Silent, but deadly. When she wants to go at something, she may not stop until it's dead. She likes to trap her opponents in an embodiment of her blizzard, and make them freeze. If she's facing a fire type or something to her disadvantage, she swiftly Blizzard's them anyways, then while confused or surprised she'll leap, trying to know them over, and holding her knife to their throat, almost touching. She also has little ninja stars she will use in case of emergency. All of her weapons are very sharp, and she takes a long whiles to sharpen them, just to make herself seem even more threatening.

Dark Void
Name:Alex
Species:Metagross
Appearance:Unlike a normal or even most shiny Metagross, his main body and arms are blood red. The X on his head and his claws are a brilliant gold. The massive cannon on his back (see below) is very large and visible. With his body literally made of sturdy metal armor, he has no need for any more defenses such as a shield.
Personality:He is calm, cool, and collected. Very tactful, with his supercomputer-like brain his can develop a response to any situation. He is willing to make have allies to assist him but does not make true friends due to the risk of them being a liablity. He rarely shows emotion due to not recognizing any true usefulness to it.
Battle Style:He uses his psychic power to levitate, allowing him to easily attack from any direction with rapid strikes from the retractable blades stored within each of his claws. He also mounts a special cannon on his back that can be fired using psychic power to devastate foes from a distance. With an amazing intelligence he is also capable of discovering his opponent's weakness and adapting to take advantage of that.

patrick239
Name: King
Species: Nidoking
Appearance: King is massively built, with powerful muscles. He has a darker shade of purple skin than a normal Nidoking. King has a massive nose horn, and is of average weight for a Nidoking his size. He often carries a large sword at his side. He has a large scar across his chest, and is missing the tip of one ear.
Personality: King is very arrogant. King isn't actually his real name, but he feels he deserves it. He tries to put himself into positions of power. It is hard to make friends with him, but once he becomes your friend, he will die besides or for you. He loves the rush of battle and the strength he feels when adrenaline starts pumping through his body.
Battle Style: King fights with disturbing ferocity. He loves getting solid hits on his opponents, be it with sword, or fist. He is very fast in close combat, but if an enemy is at a distance, he is very slow in getting to them. He has fair stamina. He is a master of several power-based martial arts, and doesn't mind taking a lot of hits. However, he cannot stand more than a few powerful spells. He is very limited in his magic, and only uses magic that draws on his physical strength, including creating columns of Earth and Fire.

SlashinZangoose
Name: Shade
Species: Zangoose
Appearance: He carries a backpack, its usually bulging with max elexirs and a selection of other items. Shade has a focus sash tied around his head.
Personality: He can make friends with anyone(except for sevipers). He's also the quick-to-act kind of Zangoose, so he usually starts battles with other pokemon.
Battle Style: Shade starts with Swords Dance and penetrates defenses with Crush Claw. He uses Night Slash to deal with Psychic and Ghost types. Shade also has Close Combat for massive dammage.

nabby101
Name: Myzer
Species: Zoroark

Appearance: (Ironic?) Myzer can look however he wants to, as he is a master illusionist and magician. In his natural form, he looks completely normal, except for his claws, which are a couple inches longer than the average Zoroark. He carries two smooth daggers with six inch blades and, a short black sword about two feet long. His daggers are concealed in his belt, which is celeverly painted exactly like the design of his fur underneath. On his left hip is a short black sheathe, containing his short black sword, which he takes care to clean after each battle or assassination.

Personality: Myzer is fun, playful, and humorous most of the time, although he has his serious moments. Don't let his demeanor fool you, he is a master in illusions, trickery, and lies, and will not hesitate to stab you in the back. Multiple times. To make sure you're dead. Despite this, he is extremely smart and doesn't suffer from impulsiveness.

Battle Style: Myzer can fight in a variety of different ways. His daggers are fast and can be thrown from a great distance and with great accuracy. His sword is good in one-on-one combat, and he is skilled with the blade. His magic isn't very good in combat, although he can conjure illusions and concealments such as fog and manipulate the shadows. However, his Magic drains him considerably, even a simple spell creating fog. He is prone to attacks from the air, as his sword is short and his daggers are almost useless. He is also quick to hide from a threat, whether he physically hides, creates an illusion, or retreats.

Ice_Master
Name: Serina

Species: Lucario

Appearance: Lucario has white fur and deep blue eyes. She carries a utility belt that carries various items. She wears a white scarf that trails to her lower back. She has sharp powerful jawbones, compared to most Lucario. She wears a short piece of armor on her bicep of each arm. It is white with black designs. She looks like a more modern warrior. The fur around her thighes are alot shorter than the average Lucario, this helps boost her speed.

Personality: She cares for most people. She can make firends easily and most look at her like a mother. She is younge but her maturaty level is very high. She has a strong since of good, and is the common stereotype Hero. She doesn't consider herself ALL good however. She tends to makes mistakes.

Battle Style: She uses her speed to land good clean hits. She focuses on Aurora(Ice) Magic as her main weopon. She uses a thin white staff to unleash most of her attacks. She likes Long Range attacks, but she is also skilled at hand-to-hand combat as well. Her stamina is also a good trait. She uses this time and time to wear down at her opponent. She is nothing to be scoffed at when it comes to battle. She may be only 17, but she has been trained from a very younge age.

EDIT: Gah, I didn't see that I had to PM to join (Please don't warn me, mods~). Thanks for accepting me, anyway.

Name: Ranald
Species: Conkeldurr
Appearance: Ranald honestly doesn't look that different from a normal Conkeldurr other than the tone of his body; unlike other Conkeldurr who have massive arms, it's...well, no, his arms are massive as well. It's jus tthat they actually show signs of exercise. Muscles actually show other than simply a massive hunk of arm. The vein-like projections scattered across his body look a bit more realistic; if someone looks close, they can see them pulsing. Though these are usually covered by a bland gray chain mail tunic, a somewhat common and cheap form of armor. The two concrete slabs that a Conkeldurr usually carry seem to be absent from his grasp, but rather, they're somewhat hollow and are aligned on a strap that goes around his back that acts as a sheath for a sword (which will be explained below).
Personality: Being quite literally a walking tank, Ranald isn't exactly the best team player, usually sticking by himself in combat. He treats others with great honor and respect, even those much...less skilled...than him. He also has quite a sense of humor, loving a good joke or two and a carefree personality. Despite his appearance, he's a bit of a gentle giant. Though in combat, if he's in your way, you better get out of there or somebody is going to get seriously hurt.
Battle Style: Ranald doesn't fight with concrete slabs like most Conkeldurr do; rather, he uses the concrete slabs as a sheath for an unarguably more powerful weapon. This weapon is dubbed by many as a three-handed sword--that is, a blade so tremendously heavy that even the strongest couldn't lift it with two hands (thus the name, three-handed sword). Amazingly, Ranald can weild this powerful weapon with a single hand nearly flawlessly. Ranald usually doesn't slice and dice with this behemoth of a weapon. Rather, he weilds it like he would his concrete slabs, slamming them on his targets with considerable strength. All this power does come at a cost, however, and that is the fact that the blade is incredibly heavy, even with Ranald's second hand. This results in a slow, but undeniably powerful attack, though Ranald has developed sword techniques that make advancing and striking a tad easier. Hitting things is the problem with Ranald's style of fighting...but most of the time, one hit is all he needs. If for whatever reason he cannot weild his sword, he can just as easily use the concrete slabs as an emergency backup weapon. He can't use these as well as his blade and they generally don't deal much of a blow (compared to the sword, that is), but they're lighter and can be weilded easier. Against a powerful ranged fighter, Ranald is nearly useless in combat, since he knows no magic.

2q0obah.jpg

That's a pic of my charrie, if ya wanna put it up. She has a scythe in that pic, but a knife would stick better with what we're doing.

...your character doesn't exactly look sane. Not saying it's bad, just saying she looks...well, like she's insane.

Well, regardless of how she looks, I'll put it up in your profile.

I'll probably post opening on Thursday/Friday but leave registration open till Sunday.

I love this idea, and I was considering making a game similar. You have a brilliant set up for the game to have many adventures, and the massive battles described are just my type :)

Pokefan4000 said:
...your character doesn't exactly look sane. Not saying it's bad, just saying she looks...well, like she's insane.

My point exactly. I haven't been creating sane characters lately.
Though, I think I'm going to have her pretty calm in-game.

patrick329 said:
I love this idea, and I was considering making a game similar. You have a brilliant set up for the game to have many adventures, and the massive battles described are just my type :)
Heh, a brilliant setup? I guess you couldn't be more right; my posted "plot" is pretty much nothing but a setup rather than a plot at all. Well, hope you enjoy your time here once I get this show started.

Soooooo excited to start rping!
Zyflair said:
In order to allow everyone to keep up, you are not allowed to post more than three times after the GM's (me, basically) last post. This prevents an overwhelming number of posts from two or three people and leave others just plain lost.
Gotta say, I LOVE this rule!

ZoruaSnivyluver said:
Gotta say, I LOVE this rule!
Well, I've grown to basically enforce this rule in all of my RPs ever since two RPers ran off with over 100 posts in one of my RP. >_<

We're going to be starting today, guys, so you won't have to wait that long.

Anywhere for two to four hours later. It depends on how much more I want to revise the intro.

Yeah, this isn't Phantom Academy or anything; the opening is gonna be SRS BUSINESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back