Writing Pokémon Colosseum Wedlocke Challenge - Chapter 8

RE: Pokémon Colosseum Wedlocke Challenge - Chapter 1

I wouldn't be sure about that otherwise there's a good chance he'll die. Besides which Quilavas are more helpful then you might think (although that comment may be influenced by the fact that one just saved my life in my heartgold nuzlocke that I really should be getting back to.

[2/20/2015 5:27:36 PM] Alex - Ice Espeon: glhf quilqava
[2/20/2015 5:27:53 PM] Alex - Ice Espeon: *quilava
[2/20/2015 5:28:04 PM] Alex - Ice Espeon: quilquava lol
[2/20/2015 5:28:23 PM] Alex - Ice Espeon: *quilqava lol
[2/20/2015 5:28:28 PM] Alex - Ice Espeon: Ipad
[2/20/2015 5:28:32 PM] Alex - Ice Espeon: I hate you

/me gets banned from the Writer's Café for not being able to spell the name of a Pokémon.

RE: Pokémon Colosseum Wedlocke Challenge - Chapter 2

Just want to say that I AM releasing all fainted Pokemon. Flavor will make it seem like I'm boxing them/using them for other purposes.
"First thing's first, Rayne. Espeon isn't looking so well..."
"There's a Pokemon Center just down the way! Let's go!"
So we left the mayor's hour (was is he anyway?) and headed towards the front gates, where the Pokemon Center was located. I expected to simply be able to give the nurse my Poke Balls and be on my way.
"I'm sorry, sir, your Espeon is infected with a sickness that we cannot cure here."
Of course I was worried, "What do you mean?"
"it's called encephalitis lethargica, or the Nuzlocke Syndrome. Your fainted Pokemon will be unable to continue fighting with this disease in their system."
Cue flashback to PMJ telling me about rules. I sighed, "Alright... I'll box him for now."
Walking over to the PC, I opened an empty storage box and deposited Espeon. "Thanks Espeon. Rest now, we'll take care of you later."
I grabbed my remaining Pokemon and went outside where Rayne was waiting. She didn't ask questions and I didn't want her too. We headed out of town, starting our journey to Pyrite, only to be stopped by some ruffian in a red jumpsuit.
"Sorry to break it to ya, pal, but I'm not about to let you pass. Or do you have some idea that you can take me on in battle?"

Mystery Troop has entered #battle.
Keeper has entered #battle.
<Mystery Troop sent out Quilava and Grimer!>
<Go Umbreon and Makuhita!>

<Rayne> Look Keeper! The Quilava! It's a Pokemon with a black aura!

Turn 1:
Umbreon / Makuhita vs Quilava / Grimer
Quilava led off with Smokescreen, lowering Umbreon's accuracy and causing his Bite to miss.
Makuhit's emotions rose to a fever pitch (wat) and he was unable to act. Grimer used Sludge on Umbreon.

Turn 2:
Quilava's Flame Wheel did a ton of damage to Makuhita, putting him in yellow. A combination of Bite and Shadow Rush was necessary to do the same to Quilava. Grimer again used Sludge on Umbreon, who was still in the green.

Turn 3:
With no healing options thanks to Makuhita's state, I went for the Poke Ball... Which worked! Gave me time to call out to Maku and get him back to his senses. Mystery Troop sent out Spoink to replace his captured comrade. Grimer tried using Sludge again but it missed.

Turn 4:
Umbreon / Makuhita vs Spoink / Grimer
I healed Maku with a Super Potion, knowing full well that she'd get knocked out without it. Umbreon used Bite on Spoink for a boat-load of damage, bringing it down to yellow and caused him to Flinch. Grimer used Screech on Makuhita.

Turn 5:
Bite Spoink for the KO. Maku's emotions again rose, putting it in Hyper Mode. Grimer used Screech on Umbreon.

Turn 6:
Umbreon / Makuhita vs Grimer
Called out to Makuhita. Used Bite with Umbreon. Grimer flinched.

Turn 7:
Makuhita enterd Hyper Mode (why you litte). Used Bite with Umbreon. Grimer flinched.

Turn 8:
Repeat Turn 6. Grimer fainted.

#battle has ended.​

"What was that strange Pokemon?" Rayne demanded to know. "What did you people do to it?"
"That?" The man answered. "It's just a Pokemon we turned into a fighting machine by closing its heart. Not a big deal."
"You did what?" I asked, confused.
"Knowing that won't help you do anything!" The man ran off, out the exit we were headed for.
"Come on Keeper! They're probably going to Pyrite Town, we should follow them!"
Of course we followed, we were going that way anyway, but I guess she didn't remember that.
Except, I wasn't ready to head out to Pyrite just yet. I needed to restock on Poke Balls from the outpost, so we stopped there first.
PMJ stopped us before we could get inside, however.
"Oh, hey! Keeper, do you play smash bros? Wait, yeah, you do play smash bros. Let's play smash bros."
"I don't actually seem to have my DS with me at the moment..."
"Ugh, fine. Then come on, let's battle! I'm not losing this time!"

PMJ has entered #battle.
<PMJ sent out Linoone and Zigzagoon!>

<Keeper> How have you trained enough to evolve Zigzagoon if you've just been standing around here all day?
<PMJ> Idk.

Turn 1:
Of course, Linoone moves first. Fury Swipes hit Umbreon 3 times and it quite hurt. Zigzagoon was hit to yellow with Bite, but it retailiated with Pin Missile, putting Umbreon in the red. Makuhita entered Hyper Mode and couldn't act. Again.

Turn 2:
Used up Makuhita's turn to heal Umbreon with a Super Potion. Linoone used Odor Sleuth on Maku. Bite brought Zigzagoon down to red and made him flinch.

<Keeper> Odor Sleuth?
<PMJ> Again, FOOL PROOF.

Turn 3:
Called to Makuhita. Linoone used Pin Missile on Umbreon which hit 3 times, putting him in yellow again. Bite knocked out Zigzagoon.

Turn 4:
Potion Umbreon to put it out of range of Fury Swipes, which Linoone then used... Just not on Umbreon. Hit 4 times on Makuhita bringing it to yellow. Makuhita then entered Hyper Mode and couldn't move.

<PMJ> Using healing items 1/10.
<Keeper> Relying on Hyper Mode activating 0/10.

Turn 5:
Healed Maku with Potion, just hoping Linoone would target Umbreon instead. It did, thank goodness,hit twice, and Umbreon retaliated with Bite. Makuhita pulled off a Shadow Rush which did a ton of damage.

Turn 6:
Pin Missile pulled off a crit once, hitting 4 times, but only brought Umbreon to red. Bite wasn't enough to knock it out, but Shadow Rush was! :p

<Umbreon grew to level 28!>
#battle has ended​

"Yup, you're tough, you stomped us good. Good luck out there!"
"Nothing else?"
"Nope!"
Meh. I went inside the outpost, bought a few Great Balls, returned to Phenac City to heal and stock up on potions, then made my way to Pyrite Town.

--------------------------

Once we arrived, I took in how... Run down the whole place seemed. Every building has the faded look of rust, the stone walkways had been worn down over time, several signs and windows were busted... And when we entered, the first thing we saw was a thug arguing with a cop.
"Awwww, Reinforce, give a guy a break! I'm telling you I don't know anything, so leave me be!"
"That better be true Celever. if you're trying to con me, I'll know about it!"
"..."
"I'll let you off easy today... But I'll be back! See you!"
As the cop walked off, I could hear the thung mumbling to himself "What a nitwit," but not knowing the situation, I simply passed along.
As we were walking, Rayne muttered behind me. "Keeper, this is the area where I saw that Pokemon. Be careful. Even at the best of times, there's nothing normal about this town..."
"Here? This square? Do the trainers here have those kinds of Pokemon?"
"Well, I would guess so, but-"
"Be right back, wait here."
"Ok, got them all, now what?"
Rayne blinked, "All what?"
"All the dark-aura Pokemon of course! No fatalities."
(This took forever by the way, several healing trips, a few resets for proper gender, etc.)
"Um... What about the Colosseum? You could-"
"Great idea!"
Past the square that I had just finished my glorious catching spree (which landed me a Skiploom [paired with Quilava], Quagsire, Misdreavus [paired], Slugma, Noctowl, and Flaaffy [boxed]) and crossed a worn-down bridge that connected the square to the Colosseum. Unfortunately, before I could enter, the receptionist told us that the competition had already begun.
"Tough, isn't it?" A rogue was leaning on the counter, looking right past me towards Rayne. "I got here late as well. Too bad really, I heard that you get one of those special Pokemon if you win, like Celever did... WAIT. I wasn't supposed to say that. FORGET I SAID ANYTHING."
Rayne looked at me, "Keeper, wasn't Celever the guy at the front gate? We should go talk to him about his 'special' Pokemon!"
"Right, Celever... Do we have to?"
>some time later<
"Hi, Celever?"
We had gone back to the front of the town. The man we had seen arguing with the cop before was still there. He turned when I called to him.
"Keeper! What's up? You know, RF is targeting me for my land and I think-"
"We're here to ask about your special Pokemon."
"Special Pokemon? Oh, like the one I got from the Colosseum! If you really want to know... You should see it with your own eyes!"

Celever has entered #battle.
<Celever sent out Furret and Ralts!>

<Rayne> Keeper! The Furret! It's got a black aura!
<Keeper> That's the Pokemon you won? How is that even a prize?

Turn 1:
Umbreon / Makuhita vs Furret / Ralts
Furret used Helping Hand on Ralts... Who promptly was hit with a super effective Bite and knocked out. He sent out Seedot to replace his fallen Pokemon. Makuhita's Cross Chop missed it's target.

Turn 2:
Umbreon / Makuhita vs Furret / Seedot
Furret used Quick Attack on Umbreon for about 10 damage. Umbreon's Bite brought Seedot to yellow, and Makuhita's Cross Chop did the same to Furret. Seedot used Bide.

Turn 3:
Caught Furret, Bite knocked out Seedot. Celever sent out Machop.

Turn 4:
Umbreon / Makuhita vs Machop
Secret Power + Cross Chop didn't quite KO. But he only used Focus Energy when his turn came around.

Turn 5:
Bite gg

<Celever> My... My Shadow Pokemon!
#battle has ended.​

"Shadow Pokemon?" I asked.
"I'LL GET SCORCHED FEATHERS. He came up with that name, 'Shadow Pokemon,' but it was no big deal after all!"
"So that's what they're called?" Rayne asked, curious. "The Pokemon with a black aura..."

"I trust everything is going according to plan, SF."
"Oh yes indeed, IceEspeon! Our plan is coming along in a lovely, peachy-keen way! We have crushed Duking's spirit completely! Now we can do as we pleas at the Colosseum without his meddling! Shadow Pokemon are going out in huge numbers!"
"Good. Everything is going according to plan then. The final phase is not far off... Alright, I'm out for now then. Good luck."
"You heard him boys! Everything is going according to plan! Now, I'll be headed back to my cave, do as you please here! Start the music! PRAISE ME!"

"It looks as though the Colosseum has a secret." Rayne whispered. "I think there's no choice but to win the challenge there!"
"We were just there, remember? The current challenge is going on, can't enter."
"You know," Celever interrupted us, "You really should go talk to Duking. He's the one in charge around here... Well, mostly. If you're looking to get back at Scorched Feathers, he might be able to help you."
"And why are you helping us?" I asked.
"You obviously didn't take anything that great from me. I need to get back to training the other members of my team. But that SF guy ripped me off."
"Okaaaay. Bye then, we'll go see Duking."
Not far away, Celever directed us to the house of Duking. When Rayne and I entered, we found who I assumed to be Duking sitting at his desk, large arms folded, arguing with another man.
"Duking!" The man said. "How much more will you take from ScorchedFeathers and his cronies? They're using you and the Colosseum! What's the matter!"
"..."
"So you just clam up? That won't solve anything. Excuse me, Keeper." He said, as he barged out of the house. Weird, had I met him before?
"Duking...?"
"I'm sorry, I'm busy. You'll have to come back later."
"But-"
"I'm going to have to ask you to leave."
"Come on Keeper," Rayne said. "Let's follow that other man! He must know something!"
"Um... This is turning into multiple goose chases... Geese chases? What exactly would be the plural-"
"Let's go!"
Outside, near the bridge leading to the Colosseum, I noticed a worked step out from a small building. A mill of sorts, perhaps? He muttered something I couldn't make out and promptly fell face first onto the stone floor. Ouch. He didn't talk when I went up to him, so I ran right inside.
Another man was on the floor there as well, conscious at least. Talked about somebody taking one of the gears from the machine.
"Chief! Are you alright?" Two men came barging in the door. I recognized one as Reinforce, the cop who had been talking to Celever before.
The man stood up, brushed himself off, and tipped his fedora. "Only thing bruised is my pride. It was only Brave Vesperia, so I wasn't expecting any trouble, but... Now the whole Colosseum will be without power!"
Reinforce spoke up, "Wait, isn't Brave Duking's assistant? Why...?"
"That's what I want to know." The chief replied. "He was ranting about how the Colosseum must be shut down or something. Sorry to worry you all, everything is just fine here. I do have a request to make though, hear me out?"
I assumed he was talking to me at this point. Nobody else was answering.
"Um... Yes...?"
"Good! You see, if the Colosseum loses power, the whole town suffers. You need to find the gear that was stolen and return it! I'm counting on you!"
"...You mean this gear?"
"Keeper! How'd you get that?"
"Magic."
Then, Duking ran in, and demanded the story from the "chief."
"I'm terribly sorry to hear that, Chief. Are you sure you're alright?"
"Yup. Just fine. No need for alarm."
"But Brave... This is an outrage!"
"I reckon if he did this, he must have thought it was right. Look here! We'll be right as rain again momentarily."
Duking seemed to have just noticed us, "Y-You!"
The chief smiled, "I think you might just be saying thanks, Duking."
"I'll ask you to excuse my earlier behavior, but you now seem like people worthy of my trust. You have my thanks."
"Now," said the chief, "I'll just fit this right back in here... And pull this lever here... ~Oh, thirty long years of cranking gears~ Oh yeah!"
The machine began cranking, slowly picking up speed.
"That's the way it ought to be!"
Duking clapped his large hangs. "Well done! Keeper, I can tell you are a man of courage and honor, I have a favor to ask, hear me out?"
"Isn't that what he just said...? And how did you know my name...?"
"I want you to enter the next Colosseum battle. Win, and figure out what exactly is going on there."
"I do suppose I was headed that way anyway... Sure! Pieces of cake."
Short chapter, lots of off-screen battling. It happens.

Another poll, because I kind of like not knowing exactly what I'm doing.
My team now consists of three pairs: Umbreon / Makuhita, Quilava / Skiploom, and Quagsire / Misdreavus. I'll only be able to enter one into the Colosseum tourney, which should I use?
Also, following that, do you want me to write out each battle, or just the final match? If I weren't leaving the team up to choice, I'd probably just do the final match, but maybe you want to see how your chosen pair does? I don't know! IDEAS. OPTIONS.

What's the Hyper state thingy? And the 'emotions rising'? And what does ect. stand for?...

Vom said:
What's the Hyper state thingy? And the 'emotions rising'? And what does ect. stand for?...

"A Shadow Pokémon enters Hyper Mode during a Pokémon battle, and it will spend a turn having its emotions "rise to a fever pitch". It will only have a chance of entering Hyper Mode if it has been ordered to use Shadow Rush. Its status meter will turn red and black, and an Aura of the same color will appear around the Pokémon, presumably only seen by Rui."
It just makes a Shadow Pokemon miss their turn. While under the effects, they can disobey and use a different move, even going so far as to attack their team member, or even you (though it pretty much turns out to do nothing). They could hurt themselves, like confusion damage. You can't use items on them either, though they will sometimes try to use their held item even if there is no use (like eating a berry at full health).

Just a lot of not-good stuff.
Ect = typo for etc, will fix now.

Oh ok thanks :p As for the pairs, Quilava+Skiploom seems interesting.
Since it's a Battle Frontier-like thing, I'd prefer if you wrote down all the battles ^.^

I like the Quagsire | Misreavus option. IDM about the battles.

I'd also go for Quagsire and Misdreavus.

For the battles, I'd just write out the good ones and the final one. No reason to do them all. :p

Ice Espeon said:
* Ice Espeon gets banned from the Writer's Café for not being able to spell the name of a Pokémon.

If it makes you feel any better, sometimes I completely forget the name of a Pokémon entirely. For example, the last episode of XY I was like "so, there's Spoink and.... Spoink's evolution, what's it called again?" And then I had to look it up. >__>

Keeper of Night said:
My team now consists of three pairs: Umbreon / Makuhita, Quilava / Skiploom, and Quagsire / Misdreavus. I'll only be able to enter one into the Colosseum tourney, which should I use?
Also, following that, do you want me to write out each battle, or just the final match? If I weren't leaving the team up to choice, I'd probably just do the final match, but maybe you want to see how your chosen pair does? I don't know! IDEAS. OPTIONS.

On one hand, Umbreon is the coolest of the Pokémon you have, but I don't really care for Makuhita much. Quilava / Skiploom is probably the pair with the greatest total amount of cool, so I'm going to vote for that one.

Also, put me down for an "all battles" vote, please. :3

I think Misdrevous and Quagsire are good options. Normally I'd go with Quilava and Skiploom but they both might as well be made of glass and in battles that happen in a row glass cannons are a bad idea.

lol I wasn't expecting to be Cail of all characters, but thanks I guess? I always quite liked him, though he's nothing like me :x. Also Furret is cute, how dare you? >:L

Anyway, because you weren't smart and didn't pair Quagsire with either Quilava or Slugma, your punishment is to use Quilava and Skiploom in the Pyrite Colosseum, hopefully having the pair die in the process. Good luck! m_n

Celever said:
lol I wasn't expecting to be Cail of all characters, but thanks I guess? I always quite liked him, though he's nothing like me :x. Also Furret is cute, how dare you? >:L
'Tis not a matter of who fits where. 'Tis a matter of "Oh Cail = Celv. Yeah that works."

Anyway, because you weren't smart and didn't pair Quagsire with either Quilava or Slugma, your punishment is to use Quilava and Skiploom in the Pyrite Colosseum, hopefully having the pair die in the process. Good luck! m_n
How rude.
Curious though, since I fully plan on Quagsire and Quilava making it through the game, what makes you think a EQ user (level 42, not far off) is good to pair with a fire type?

Edit: I suppose because of Surf's mechanics it wouldn't hit the Fire type, is that what you're referring to? And the Fire could handle Grass? Not terrible, simply limits Quagsire's usefulness by taking away his ability to use Earthquake. Mud Shot doesn't compare.

Keeper of Night said:
Celever said:
'Tis not a matter of who fits where. 'Tis a matter of "Oh Cail = Celv. Yeah that works."

lol fair enough then :x

Wes said:
How rude.
Curious though, since I fully plan on Quagsire and Quilava making it through the game, what makes you think a EQ user (level 42, not far off) is good to pair with a fire type?

Edit: I suppose because of Surf's mechanics it wouldn't hit the Fire type, is that what you're referring to? And the Fire could handle Grass? Not terrible, simply limits Quagsire's usefulness by taking away his ability to use Earthquake. Mud Shot doesn't compare.

It makes infinitely more sense than pairing it with Skiploom. How is Skiploom gonna help Quilava? It acts as a support Pokémon, and while it is very good at its job, Quilava doesn't really have the greatest sweeping qualities to go with it. You're stuck with Flame Wheel for most of the game, which means that you realistically want to be able to double target various Pokémon, which Skiploom simply doesn't have the power to do.

Quagsire is going to be unable to use Earthquake, yes, but in the end it's better in a wedlocke of this game to have one pair that is really good and then two other pretty good pairs, than having two of your better Pokémon spread out when they have good synergy together. Surf and Flame Wheel partnered would always do a fantastic job, and the fact that Protect is so easy to buy down in The Under means that you'll be able to use Earthquake on Quagsire soon anyway.

Rayne looked at me, "Keeper, wasn't Celever the guy at the front gate? We should go talk to him about his 'special' Pokemon!"
"Right, Celever... Do we have to?"

Celever, I have no reason or need to argue my point to you. This decision has been made, and I find it to be vastly superior in my own eyes.
If you think that a wedlocke combination of Quilava and Quagsire is better, you're more than welcome to start your own run and implement it there.

Huh... Let's go... Quilava & Skiploom.

I have to say that I would also have paired Quagsire and Misdreavus. Being able to freely use Earthquake is far better than waiting a long time first to get to The Under and second be forced into using protect just to be able to use it. Misdreavus is able to set up confusion on targets while Quagsire can use Yawn, locking down the opponents. There are lots of options with this pair and options are what you need in Colosseum, what with all the crazy combos and strategies it produces. Quagsire will be very useful against Dakim, but by pairing it with Quilava you can't really use it since it will easily die to an Earthquake (which is the entire strategy of Dakim's team).

Quilava and Jumpluff also make a great combo, as once you get Sunny Day and Solar Beam you're going to have some incredibly strong synergy, with a Chlorophyl Stab Solar Beam user and a powerful fire vole... thing.

My vote's on Quag and Misdreavus :p

I have good (or bad, depending on my current diplomatic stance with you) news! I'm not dead! Just busy!
I tried doing separate spoilers for the different matches, but that turned tough real quick-like.
"Hello! And welcome to the Colosseum! Are you here to enter the knockout challenge?"
I looked up as the voice spoke to me. Had I entered the Colosseum already? The receptionist just stared blankly into the depths of my soul.
"Er, uh, yes! Please!"
"Which two of your Pokemon will be entering today?"
Knowing full well any pair of Pokemon would do, I reached into my bag and pulled out two Poke Balls at random. Quilava and Skiploom? Okay then.
"These two."
"Right this way please, Round One will commence shortly."

*COLOSSEUM* Feel free to skip past all my awesome battling.

Round 1:
*PBGuest has entered #battle.
*Keeper has entered #battle.
<PBGuest sent out Sandshrew and Barboach!>
<Go Quilava and Skiploom!>

Turn 1:
Quilava / Skiploom vs Sandshrew / Barboach
I knew full well that Quilava was at a disadvantage, but Skiploom's Mega Drain was enough to OHKO Barboach. Flame Wheel brought Sandshrew to red. It used Scratch on Skiploom

Turn 2:
Quilava / Skiploom vs Sandshrew
Mega Drain knock out. gg

<PBGuest> There's still a long way to go!
#battle has ended.

Round 2:
<PBGuest sent out Natu and Meditite!>

<PBGuest> You're trying to win it all? You know that's impossible!
<Keeper> ...

Turn 1:
Quilava / Skiploom vs Natu / Meditite
Sleep Powder missed Natu. Flame Wheel hit Meditite down to yellow.
The two opposing Pokemon ganged up on Skiploom, knocking her down to yellow with Peck and Confusion.

Turn 2:
Sleep Powder made contact this time, rendering Natu useless for a bit. Flame Wheel knocked out Meditite.

Turn 3:
Quilava / Skiploom vs Natu
Tried getting Skiploom to use Shadow Rush,but it entered Hyper Mode Instead. Quilava brought Natu to yellow, Natue then hit Quilava with peck for not much.

Turn 4:
Call Skiploom and then Flame Wheel. gg

#battle has ended.

Semifinal:
<PBGuest sent out Electrike and Cacnea!>

Turn 1:
Quilava / Skiploom vs Electrike / Cacnea
Giga Drain hit Electrike, but it didn't do much, sadly. Flame Wheel OHKO'd Cacnea, forcing guest to send out a Vulpix. Electrike used Howl. Oh dear...

Turn 2:
Quilava / Skiploom vs Electrike / Vulpix
Electrike's Quick Attack didn't do more than 20 damage to Skiploom, fortunately. It was then put to sleep with Sleep Powder. Quilava used Dig in hopes of taking out Vulpix next turn. Vulpix itself used Ember, which brought Skiploom to yellow.

Turn 3:
Quilava / Skiploom vs Natu
In retaliation, Skiploom put Vulpix to sleep. I had a feeling Dig wouldn't OHKO anyway. Of course I was right, and Vulp was in yellow after Quilava's attack. Both the opponents were asleep and unable to act.

Turn 4:
Skiploom Mega Drained Electrike, bringing it to yellow, and Quilava knocked out Vulpix with Shadow Rush. Electrike was still asleep.

Turn 5:
Mega Drain + Flame Wheel. ggwp

<PBGuest> Maybe you do have what it takes to handle that awesome Pokemon...
#battle has ended.

Final Round:
*Uralya has entered #battle.
<Uralya sent out Bagon and Goldeen!>

<Uralya> o/
<Keeper> \o
<Uralya> Are you here for the rare Pokemon too?
<Uralya> I hear it has good IVs.
<Keeper> Actually I'm here as a sp- Yeah, rare Pokemon! That's it!
<Keeper> glhf

Turn 1:
Quilava / Skiploom vs Bagon / Goldeen
Used Giga Drain on Goldeen, but it was just over half-HP afterwards. Quilava used Dig to avoid any potential Water-type attacks, causing both Bagon and Goldeen to miss their mark.

<Uralya> Scummy tactic. ;o
<Keeper> Naw. Perfect tactic.

Turn 2:
Giga Drain didn't quite knock out Goldeen, and Dig may as well have done nothing to Bagon.
Goldeen then used Surf! Of all things! Fortunately, it really wasn't very powerful, and Quilava was still in green. Bagon used Ember, which took a good chunk from Skiploom, but still left him in green as well.

Turn 3:
Mega Drain KO Goldeen. Uralya sent out Magnemite.
With no other options, Quilava used Shadow Rush to bring Bagon to yellow. Bagon then used Bite, which after recoil brought Quilava to about half-HP.

Turn 4:
Quilava / Skiploom vs Bagon / Megnemite
Skiploom's Sleep Powder missed again. Quilava used dig. Bagon used Bite and Magnemite used... Some sort of sound move. Screech? Skiploom was at 27 HP (/81).

Turn 5:
Sleep Powder hit this time, giving me the chance to handle Bagon later. Dig OHKO'd Magnemite, forcing Uralya's final Pokemon, a Delibird, out. Bagon was still asleep.

<Keeper> Delibird?
<Uralya> Not too many options in this 3rd-generation country.

Turn 6:
I forgot about Vital Spirit, and tried putting Delibird to sleep anyway. Didn't matter though, because Flame Wheel was an OHKO. Bagon stayed asleep.

Turn 7:
Shadow Rush spam. gg

<Uralya> Laaame.
<Uralya> Now I don't get the new Pokemon after all.
<Keeper> No, but I do!
<Uralya> Even worse.
#battle has ended.

There wasn't much time for celebration though. After I received my cash prize and a TM for Toxic, Rayne and I were almost immedietly assaulted by a crazy-looking goon with a similar outfit as those from Phenac City.
"Hello hello hello! You must be the ABSOLUTELY SUPERB trainer who just won the latest round at the Colosseum! You've won YET ANOTHER fabulous prize! Right this way please!"
Rayne looked at me kind of weird, but I didn't sat anything. We just followed the strange man outside the Colosseum and into a warehouse-like building.
Another similar-dressed thug was standing behind a counter, apparently awaiting our arrival.
"Here I am madam! Back with our LATEST AND GREATEST champion!"
"YOU DIM WIT. This kid is KEEPER. The one Scorched Feathers keeps going on about."
"Huh."
"Oh, SF?" I asked, "Yeah, me and him go way back. He gave me a hot dog once. But yeah, I'm just in it to get all the Shadow Pokemon. So if you aren't going to hand one over, I'm more than happy to take one from you instead!"

*Thug has entered #battle.
<Thug sent out Yanma and Pineco!>

<Rayne> Keeper! That Yanma... It's a Shadow Pokemon!

Turn 1:
Quilava / Skiploom vs Yanma / Pineco
Sonicboom hit Skiploom, and then Skiploom used Shadow Rush on Yanma. Pineco was OHKO'd by Flame Wheel, and Nincada was brought out instead.

Turn 2:
Quilava / Skiploom vs Yanma / Nincada
Whatever Yanma tried using, it missed Skiploom. But rinse and repeat from Turn 1 other than that.

Turn 3:
Quilava / Skiploom vs Yanma / Surskit
I threw a Great Ball at Yanma, catching it. Flame Wheel brougth Surskit down to yellow... And then it used Foresight. Okay.

Turn 4:
Mega Drain + Flame Wheel. gg

<Thug> What a FABULOUS- No wait! I lost!
#battle has ended.​

"Time to SKEDADDLE!" The thug yelled as he and his cohort ran off.
"Keeper! You're safe!" Duking had just entered the building behind us.
"Duking" Rayne yelled. "This is where they've been giving Shadow Pokemon to winners at the Colosseum!"
"They were using the Colosseum for that?"
One of Duking's daughters (I'm assuming) spoke up. "Big lady! My papa... My papa's Pokemon was taking away as a prisoner! By Scorched Feathers!"
I raised my hand, "Now, if I know SF, I highly doubt he would ever do such a ridiculous-"
"It's papa's Plusle-"
"SF I'M COMING FOR YOU BAKA!" I ran past Duking, further into the hideout.
Going ahead and posting because where I currently am is boring and full of battles, rather just have this up so I don't feel like I'm taking too long on an update. >.>

RE: Pokémon Colosseum Wedlocke Challenge - Chapter 3

How did you get spoilers within spoilers to work? Whenever I try it the code breaks. :<

Back