Writing Pokémon Colosseum Wedlocke Challenge - Chapter 8

Playing in Black and White sounds kind of terrifying, actually. I mean, I'm not familiar with this game in particular, but it seems like it would make things scarier in general. :p

The only thing I'm worried about is if I were to miss (somehow) being informed of a Shadow Pokemon and then I just kill it because it doesn't show up as purple any more.

After me constantly having to put it off, and constantly being poked about it on skype, I can finally continue this run. Good thing too, I quite like it.
“Hey Keeper!”
After exiting the police station, a familiar voice stopped me. There was Celever coming toward me! ...What did he want?
“Keeper! You know that place where you beat SF right?”
“...Yeah?”
“You totally need to go back. For a reason.”
“...Why?”
“Because! Okay good luck have fun!”
He ran off, I was confused, poor Rayne seemed unable to comprehend the situation.
Uh, no. Let’s go with no. “Come on Rayne, we need to hit a Pokemon Center.”
...Which don’t exist in this rust-bucket town. There was half of one, I guess, in the Colosseum lobby. I was at least able to heal, equip my team, rearrange some items, check on my poor sick Espeon and Makuhita… It was nice to take a break after constant battling.
While I was flipping through boxes in my PC, I turned to Rayne “Rayne, don’t you have any Pokemon of your own?”
“Um..” She looked sad, almost. “Not anymore. I’m not much of a trainer anyway, it’s really not my thing.”
“...What else is there in this world?” I withdrew a PokeBall from the PC and tossed it to her. “Here.”
She caught it and her hands shook. “What’s this for?”
“Well, I didn’t want to bring him along in the first place, you may as well hold onto him for me.”
She opened the PokeBall, and Plusle hopped out.
“Every group of traveling trainers needs an electric rodent for a mascot.”
“Kyun!”
“Oh he’s so adorable! Thank you Keeper ! Let’s name him…”
“You can come up with a name on the way.”
“Kyun!”
“Yes yes, kyun kyun.” I shook my head. “Let’s get moving, we have a cave to re-explore.”
We headed back through the Pyrite building to the top floor, back through the cave we traversed before to reach SF, and into Cave-Ception. The cave within a cave. Inside, Celever was there. In some sort of costume.
“What’d I need to see Celever?”
“Celever?” He responded, using terrible acting to seem surprised, “Who is Celever? I am Mirakle! Miror B’s replacement!”
“You’re missing an afro.”
“Hmm… An afro would look nice, you’re right! But the yellow suit will do for now!”
“So what, we gonna fight?”
“Of course!”
Turn 1:
Quagsire / Misdreavus vs Sandslash / Electrode
Sandslash used Protect and Electrode used Selfdestruct. Wonder if that could have been really bad should I have chosen another pair. Mudd was bulky enough to stay in red and Mistress wasn’t affected.
Linoone replaced Electrode.

Turn 2:
I had a random Hyper Potion in my bag, which healed Mudd. Linoone used Headbutt, which did a bit to Mudd but left him in green. Sandslash used Protect again but failed. Smart move.
Surf left them both just above yellow.

Turn 3:
Mistress was hit by Sandslash’s Aerial Ace, which struck a crit and put her in the yellow. Misdreavus hit Linoone with Psybeam, Linoone hit Mudd with another Headbutt, and Mudd hit both the opposing Pokemon with Surf to put them in red. Good turn.

Turn 4:
I was kind of figuring Linoone only had Normal moves at this point, and since it used Flail to put Mudd in yellow I wasn’t too happy. But Shadow Ball was able to KO Sandslash before he could land any hits. Seaking was out next. Surf KO’d Linoone, but didn’t do much to the new opponent.
Oh look, a Sudowoodo.

<Celever> Look Keeper! It dances!
<Keeper> I can see that.
<Keeper> Still a rock.

Turn 5:
Had to heal up Mudd again, but then Seaking used Protect thank goodness. Wasn;t aiming for it anyway. Surf actually OHKO’d Sudowoodo.

<Keeper> Now it’s a dead dancing rock.
<Celever> ;~;

Turn 6:
Shadow Ball did actually a decent ammount, combined with Slam it put Seaking in yellow. Waterfall did put Mistress in the red though, but I was confident I would knock it out next turn before anything too bad could happen.

Turn 7:
Yup. Shadow Ball KO. gg

*Celever pulls out money for Keeper.
<Celever> Now I’ll never have enough money for an afro. >.>
#battle has ended.​

We entered the building where we had fought PP and Light before, and found their top-secret elevator lightly guarded. Good, I needed some more training. The key we swiped from prof.light before opened the elevator door, and we were on our way.
When we stepped off, we found ourselves in a whole underground city! It truly was magnificent… And filthy, but mostly magnificent. Amazing how a whole city could exist down here without those on the surface knowing.
...I wonder if there are any dinosaurs down here?
“So… What’re we here for again?” I honestly had completely forgotten.
Rayne looked equally confused. “Um… We’re tracking down this organizations those poeple were a part of, right?”
“Right right, and they led us down here. Time to split up and search for clues!”
“Split up? Down here?”
“Oh, of course, how silly of me. The two of us, then, will go that way.”
“Kyun!” Plusle shouted as his head poked over Rayne’s shoulder.
I rolled my eyes. “And the rodent comes too, I guess. But keep it down! We can’t let them know-”
“NEWS ALERT. NEWS ALERT.” A giant monitor above our heads sounded off an annoying alarm before a lady appeared on the screen.
“Uh oh.”
“Hello ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls!” The lady shouted into her microphone. “It’s time for THE UNDER TIME again today!
“Without further ado, let’s bring out that special someone we’ve all been waiting for! The Lady Athena, please!”
The woman on screen was replaced by a character straight out of Final Fantasy. But with ridiculous gold hair pieces, and wings of some sort.
“Hello everyone! It’s me, Athena! Yup, Athena, that’s me! And I have some important news to share with you all today!
“Unfortunately, it’s perfectly dreadful! There are spies! Right here in The Under! Can you even imagine? We don’t have all the details, but anybody suspicious should be reported right away!
“That’s all for now! We’re counting on you all!”
The news reporter lady came on screen again, but I stopped paying attention. Rayne was panicking behind me.
“They know we’re here already? How?”
“Hush Rayne, we’re surrounded by people! You want us to get caught?”
“We’re going to have to be cautious…”
“Not in my vocabulary. Let’s just find this Athena lady and take her down a peg.”
“How?”
“By looking for clues! I already said that. And my spider senses tell me we’ll find clues in… That shop!” I pointed to the nearest building. ...I really hope it’s actually a shop.
Inside, an old man was positioned behind a counter, mumbling something about a grid made of kids. Apparently it was some sort of repair shop, but I was able to browse through a selection of TMs and nab a few.
“...Where are the clues, Keeper?” Rayne asked, clearly skeptical of my methods.
I looked around, “Uh... Down those stairs, of course.”
“But I don’t think we can-”
“Of course we can! Come on.”
Down the stairs, we found a boy rummaging through a box of some sort. Obviously, this was a clear indicator that talking to him would help us on our way. How would we miss it?
“What to do…" The boy was talking to himself. Always a good sign. "I have to make a delivery, but I have to finish my lab homework…”
I had to interrupt, "'Scuse me, what delivery?"
That startled him, for some reason. “Oh, hey! You’re Keeper! And Rayne!”
It was Rayne’s turn to be shocked. “How do you know who we are?” I guess I had just become accustom to everybody knowing our names.
“Well, this makes things easy for me! You can deliver this to Nett.”
“Who? What?” Confusion sets in as the world fails to explain itself.
“Just tell him Luispipe sent you, he’ll know what to do with it.” He hadned me some sort of... Gear? It was labeled "POWERUP PART." Good name.
I gave it back though. “Take it yourself, we don’t know your friends.”
He looked at it for a second before offering it back. “That's fine. You could always do my homework for me instead.”
I contemplated this for a second, but grudgingly took back the gear. “You must be a horrible multi-tasker. Fine, we’ll take it, but only so we can be on our way.” I started heading back upstairs
“It’s the house with the big dish. Can’t miss it!” Luis called after.
“Whatever!”

197.gif
Nightlight♂ 42
181.gif
Flicker♀ 40
---
157.gif
Pettigrew♂ 37
189.gif
Wendy♀ 38
---
195.gif
Mudd♂ 37
200.gif
Mistress♀ 38
I've done quite a bit of grinding on my strongest pair (Nightlight and Flicker), since I know that the upcoming admin is mostly over 40 (iirc). I still have a ways to go, though, and I'm hoping my other pairs can reach 40 soon.
Flicker got Light Screen, but I kinda forgot she couldn't learn Reflect, which I was hoping for. I may grab Fire Blast for Pettigrew, but I can't decide if the inaccuracy is worth it...

Last edited:
Back