XY Pokémon Bank: Cloud Storage for Pokémon

For all the people saying that 5 bucks a year is OK, would you want to transfer Pokémon for FREE, like we did in the past, or would you rather pay for a service that was once free. This is upsetting that even after all the delays and promises Nintendo can't at least make this free - Nintendo hasn't really given us anything as an apology except for pointless tweets.

Reggie McGigas said:
For all the people saying that 5 bucks a year is OK, would you want to transfer Pokémon for FREE, like we did in the past, or would you rather pay for a service that was once free. This is upsetting that even after all the delays and promises Nintendo can't at least make this free - Nintendo hasn't really given us anything as an apology except for pointless tweets.

This isn't just a transfer system. It is a storage bank. Hence the name, Pokemon Bank. A bank that hold 3000 pokemon, which is very useful to collectors, and hardcore gamers who breed pokemon prolifically. Also it costs 5 dollars (about 2 jugs of milk for more domestic folk) every 12 months, which comes out to be a whole HELL of a lot cheaper than buying even one new pokemon game once every FIVE YEARS.

Enjoy.

Agree with Akwila,
Past gen tranfers were free because:
- they were in game
- easily connected ds cartridge with ds/gba cartridge

If I'm correct, Pokémon are the first to integrate connectivity of ds and 3ds games. (I'm sure that took alot of time and work.) The main reason it's a paid service, is because they created a cloud service for everyone in the world to use. (3000 Pokémon can be stored!) :) This service will allow this, and future generation games, to connect and allow the tranfer of Pokémon. The need to buy two seperate systems inorder to tranfer your Pokémon from game to game is now in the past. Pokémon Bank and PokéTransporter are a bigger deal than our 'free tranfers' in the past. The fact that they are only charging us 4.99 a year is amazing.

I don't think people would be as upset with Transporter if it weren't designed only to work with Bank. If they had made it a free service or at least maintained the illusion that it was a free service, there wouldn't be any complaints.

Bolt the Cat said:
I don't think people would be as upset with Transporter if it weren't designed only to work with Bank. If they had made it a free service or at least maintained the illusion that it was a free service, there wouldn't be any complaints.

TBH, I can wait longer for transporter than for Bank, as I really wanted to get a 3rd event Torchic, but at this rate, Bank will be released after the 15th.

When I first got pokemon X I restarted 3 times to get all the starters and 3 Torchic traded to my son's pokemon Y. I'm hoping that within a week or so I'll be able to do the same again when I buy my own copy of pokemon Y. Mind you, this time, I think instead of just accepting any old Torchic I get I'll try to get some with high stats in speed, special attack and HP. There's no guarantee that the IV's will be perfect, but hey, it's worth a shot.

Guys we have never had to pay to transfer data until now. The only way I will do it after my trial is up is to trade with a trusted member I have known for years and have them do the transferring for me XD. I am not paying for Bank XD.:)

Bolt the Cat said:
xxashxx said:
Guys we have never had to pay to transfer data until now.

Buying a link cable or extra handhelds is free?

Not to mention extra games or/and buying both versions so you can get all the starters easier and version exclusives.

When Bank does eventually come out, you can use this list as to what isn't available in XY:
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-pok%C3%A9dex-kalos?pid=2542887#pid2542887

People are complaining about $5 a year? That's a lot better than having to buy another 3DS to transfer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it certainly looks like people aren't going to get Pokémon Bank. That $5 is simply too much. I'd much rather buy another 3DS and Pokémon X to transfer my Data.

But seriously, it has always cost money to transfer Data, as Link Cables and Games have never been free. :/
Also, wouldn't you rather avoid the hassle while getting free hard to obtain Pokémon to boot?

Personally I appreciate the ability to transfer all of my older pokemon from other games. Sure it's gonna be a bit of a pain since it only transfers box 1, but eventually I'll have over 40 boxes of pokemon from previous games available on X/Y or any future games that I might want to transfer them to. For me, $5 for a yearly fee is a very small price to pay.

I think some people are confused...

PokeBank = Transfer system/cloud storage/loads of potential for conductivity, costs 0.014 cents a day.

So, this is basically an extremely cheap version of a trade cable, wireless adapter, secondary DS, or secondary 3DS. In addition to being super cheap, it is also a great way to free up space on the game you actually play.

If you refuse to use this service it is for two reasons ONLY:
-You simply don't need it. The services rendered aren't useful to you.
-You're too effing proud pay for something you think you wrongfully deserve for free.

Lord Fletchling said:
But seriously, it has always cost money to transfer Data, as Link Cables and Games have never been free. :/

Never? That's not true, you could transfer from 3rd gen to 4th gen for free.

Akwila said:
-You're too effing proud pay for something youknow that we deserve for free, seeing how Nintendo has delayed it for almost half a month so they could at least make it free instead of tweet empty and meaningless apologies

Fixed your post

Guys buying extra systems or games does not really count. I would rather buy hard copies of games and or trade with someone online than paying $5.00 a year which I might add could easily get hacked or if you can't pay you will loose your data. If I have hard copies I know my Pokemon will be safe since I take care of my games and stuff. The point is I can get those events from other bank owners XD.

The only problem I have with Bank, is you have to trade if you want all Mega Stones in one game, which is a problem for me, because I only have one 3DS. I want to use Bank, so it's easier for me to transfer Pokémon from one game to another.

Nope it is not. I wish they had a transfer machine in X/Y. They should have added that into X/Y XD.:)

Back