Writing Pokémon Add On!

*Chaos Jackal transforms*

I have this sudden urge to have Cynthia just Draco Meteor Turtwig into oblivion. Be careful... She bites.

Finished reading the chapters. Wow, so many different perspectives happening at once...

Time to start writing.

Chapter 6

Petrel didn't know where to start. He only had a blurry picture of Mr. Zuru to work off of. It just wasn't enough. With hesitation, he began work. The meeting was in a few hours.

Zuru looked at Cynthia. She had taken her dark glasses off, revealing her stunning blue eyes. He opened his mouth to say something.
"Ok, Cynthia." he mumbled. "But, I have a question. What happens if the plan fails. Are you prepared with a second plan? I understand that Petrel and Proton have everything covered, and that Cyrus had his false sense of security with my 'support', but if he somehow lives through the shot?"

"I have a second plan, Zuru. Do not second guess my ability to keep everything in control. If Cyrus isn't killed tomorrow night, then he shall be poisoned instead. I have made arrangements with a worker in the kitchen of where he is staying for the next few nights. His meal will be tainted."

Cyrus once again headed out of the jet. He had enjoyed the silence of the plane, with only the slight hum of the engine breaking through.
He was back at the bustling Eterna City. He hated the noise here, but he only had to stand it for a few more days. Once the election was finished, he could return to the much more civil Hearthome.
Cyrus headed toward the small hotel he had booked a room in. It was almost completely isolated, with only one small alleyway entrance.

WanderingWolf said:
Finished reading the chapters. Wow, so many different perspectives happening at once...

Time to start writing.

And you have the power to bring them all together! :p I can't wait to read the rest of the chapters. Good luck!

Expect an emergency chapter written by tomorrow afternoon so that we can continue with the story. It appears that the other chapter will not be fully coming in, after all. Oh well. I'll get on it in the morning :D

Emergency Chapter:

First two sections are Wondering Wolf's. I added in the rest of the 400 words.
Chapter 6

Petrel didn't know where to start. He only had a blurry picture of Mr. Zuru to work off of. It just wasn't enough. With hesitation, he began work. The meeting was in a few hours.

* * *​

Zuru looked at Cynthia. She had taken her dark glasses off, revealing her stunning blue eyes. He opened his mouth to say something.
"Ok, Cynthia." he mumbled. "But, I have a question. What happens if the plan fails. Are you prepared with a second plan? I understand that Petrel and Proton have everything covered, and that Cyrus had his false sense of security with my 'support', but if he somehow lives through the shot?"

"I have a second plan, Zuru. Do not second guess my ability to keep everything in control. If Cyrus isn't killed tomorrow night, then he shall be poisoned instead. I have made arrangements with a worker in the kitchen of where he is staying for the next few nights. His meal will be tainted."

* * *​

Cyrus once again headed out of the jet. He had enjoyed the silence of the plane, with only the slight hum of the engine breaking through.

He was back at the bustling Eterna City. He hated the noise here, but he only had to stand it for a few more days. Once the election was finished, he could return to the much more civil Hearthome.

Cyrus headed toward the small hotel he had booked a room in. It was almost completely isolated, with only one small alleyway entrance.

* * *​

Election Day

Cyrus put on his finest black suit and smoothed out his spiked-up hair so that it seemed more professional. He adjusted his electric blue tie and glanced at his reflection in the mirror. Nice. Smirking, Cyrus turned back sharply and went to his prized Houndoom. He then began shining its horns and brushing its fur. This will be the look of a champion. Now he just has to wait a few more hours for the final votes to be scored. Before they are, though, he gets one last speech to the public so that the indecisive group may finally make a decision.

He walked out of his office with his prized Houndoom and then looked at the cameras, the news reporters, and the pressure that has arrived at his humble work office. He then smiled, a toothless smile that suits a man with a well-thought-out plan.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it seems only fair for a man who has learned of his mistakes to get a second chance in his dream; I may have failed in realizing the flaws in my plans. I may have failed in gaining popularity during my immediate defeat. I may have failed in even getting my life back. A few years later, though, I'm back on my feet--and I have a lot to say about why Cynthia, our Sinnoh champion, is simply not fit for running the position of Region Representative. The first reason is, well--" Cyrus stopped abruptly and cleared his throat. "Her life has been handed to her. She never had to work hard in her life because of her heritage. If we're saying that the only people who can represent their region must be rich and famous, then so be it. However, I have a story--and, although it is not a success story, per se, I am rising from the ashes of my defeat. I am more than just a former crime syndicate leader. I am Cyrus. I am Sinnoh. I. Am. The. Future."

I am so sorry for not being able to submit my entire chapter. My internet cut out on Tuesday afternoon, so unfortunately, I couldn't submit.

Just saying that I might delay my chapter by a few hours due to studies. But don't worry, I'll deliver it.

A bit more than 800, to make up for the losses of my previous chapter.
The journalists shifted uneasily. Some stared at Cyrus, a look of disgust in their faces for the blue-haired man. Some others looked around worried. Many, however, cheered with his last remark. His words had touched them. They were common people, not flamboyant lords. Cyrus’ speech spoke directly in their most hidden desires.

-So I’m saying this to you: do you really want a person who lives in an entirely different world to represent you? If you do, you’re free to choose that, and I’ll be the first one to support your right to do so. But I don’t think you do. Sure, my opponent is a remarkable person. But she’s not cut out to lead an entire region. I have seen the region’s pain. I have seen its troubles. And I’ve finally seen the solutions to all that. I come from among you, to help all of you.

With that, Cyrus stepped down. Applaud followed him. A few whistles and jeers could be heard, but what dominated that mob of reporters was the sound of triumph. It seemed that most of the people gathered there had made up their minds, giving an indication of the reactions around the region as the speech was broadcasted. Cyrus had definitely succeeded in influencing them.

Cynthia pursed her lips as she watched from within her own office on the TV screen. Drasna looked at her with a worried smile.

-Now, now, dear, don’t be alarmed. It’s an election, and it’s only natural that your opponent does what he can to win. I believe in you, and so do your supporters. Now get out there and show them that you are worthy of the position of Sinnoh representative.

Cynthia nodded, and walked through the office to its door. She opened it and came face to face with the reporter crews sent to cover her own speech. She smiled at the cameras, pleased to see the reaction in the faces of some of the men around. Suddenly, she felt more confident. No matter what Cyrus had said, she was still Cynthia, the champion of Sinnoh. She was a winner. Cyrus had made his moves. It was time to make hers.

-Miss Cynthia! What do you have to say about your opponent’s last statement?

-Mr. Cyrus seems to believe that the only one who can speak for the people is one of them. I can’t help but disagree. True, I am a woman brought up in a comfortable environment. I had chances handed to me. I had the road paved. But that was only up to a specific point. You can’t walk on the path others make for you forever. I didn’t become a champion of Pokemon and people just because I asked for it. It wasn’t given to me. I have made great efforts in my life. And all I’ve ever done was for the good of the whole. Mr. Cyrus might have changed his ways, but that doesn’t change the past. I don’t think a man of such convictions is to be trusted with such a high and responsible position. In his hands, it could become dangerous. Sadly, we can never be sure that he won’t decide to resort to extreme measures if something doesn’t appeal to the image he has created for the perfect life. He says he’s from among the people. So I am not? Just because of my heritage? Haven’t I stood by the people’s side all these years, in good and bad times alike? Haven’t I shown that I care for them? And isn’t that what matters the most? This is not an occasion where you pick the person closer to you. This is an occasion where you pick the one who can help you.

Cynthia made her way through the frantic reporters. She allowed herself another smile. Yes. Victory was just around the corner.

***​

-What do you think, Proton?

The man turned to look at his colleague.

-Excellent job, Petrel. With this disguise, no one will ever find out who was the hitman.

The former Rocket agents were preparing in their small room at the Eterna Pokemon Center. Tonight, if all went according to plan, they would assassinate Cyrus.

Both had been waiting for this day. Petrel had successfully impersonated Zuru in numerous meetings with their target, and he had gathered as many information as possible on his moves, habits and personality. Meanwhile, Proton was scanning Eterna, learning the place as well as he could, finding possible assault spots and escape routes. They had been as meticulous and thorough as they could. It was time to see if their hard work would pay off.

Proton still couldn’t understand the motive behind this murder, but he wasn’t willing to risk nonetheless. Zuru was a very powerful man, and he’d much rather have his money than a bullet through the head. This job could help them escape the miserable lives they led after Team Rocket’s disbanding. It was no time for them to ask questions.
Scorched Feathers, you're next!

Ahh, I don't have the time and I completely forgot about it Dx
Can I have a 24 Hour extension? I'll be able to get my part done.

**ELECTION DAY**​
The man stood there, outside Snowpoint Temple. The chilly air was settled around him, but something just didn’t seem right. He ran in. It was even colder inside than outside, but he still cleared the ice puzzles with ease. He ran, and ran, and ran. He reached the lowest chamber, and what he saw shocked him to the core. Gone. The statue was gone. Realising the implications, he fled from the building, hoping to alert someone to the disturbance. His cape, although hindering to his speed, flowing behind him.

Caitlin delicately walked down the steps of the Aeroplane, followed by Alder. At the depot, they were greeted by Cynthia. “Good travels, I hope?” she asked. Caitlin merely yawned in response. The plane had taken the whole night to get there.
“Yes, Cynthia. It was a long journey, though.” Alder said in response to the question.
“Well, anyway. It’s good to see you two. Shall we get on to Eterna?” Cynthia asked briskly.
“Yes, we should.” They made their way over to a pricey-looking limousine, and with a command of “Drive.” To the valet, they were off. The driver smirked, ready for the events to transpire that day.

Here it was. Drasna bit her lip and looked at Siebold. The rest of the Elite Four had arrived in Sinnoh for the Election. They had all held last-minute rallies for Cynthia voters. Now, they were waiting in a private room of the election building in Eterna City. She poured a cup of tea, and sat there, thinking over the events that had occurred in the previous days. Cynthia was running against that evil man for the position of Sinnoh representative. Cyrus had almost cornered Cynthia, but her ability in the spotlight had counteracted his attempts, with her flawlessly delivering the final speech. They were watching a widescreen television, with a direct broadcast feed of the election results on. Cyrus and Cynthia were sitting next to each other, obviously not enjoying the other’s presence. Mr. Zuru was sitting in the collective of supporters there, with Caitlin and Alder being there, too. They were counting the ballots. Cynthia dominated right off the bat, with almost double the votes of Cyrus; however, as the counting continued, the votes swayed more and more in Cyrus’ favour. It was down to the last ten votes:
Cyrus.
Cynthia.
Cynthia.
Cyrus.
Cyrus.
Cynthia.
Cyrus.
Cynthia.
Cynthia.
As the last vote was called, the room was in complete silence.
Cynthia.

The crowds of Cynthia’s supporters burst out in joy. Cyrus seemed like he would blow his top any minute. It was so close; Drasna had felt beads of sweat forming on her forehead. She was glad Cyrus hadn’t won, but she held a fear in her heart for whatever he would do next. If it was anything, it’d be something big. At that very moment, there was a large crash, and the doors flung open to reveal a red-haired man in a cape. Lance. “EVERYONE!” he shouted. “REGIGIGAS IS GONE!” he was met by a stunned silence, broken only by Drasna sipping on her tea.
“It was to be expected,” she commented, “of course he’d have an out to losing. It’s the only way in politics, it seems.” Just then, Mr. Zuru stood up, and pulled a gun out of his jacket. He shot, directly at Cyrus. The bullet missed by a hair’s breadth, and dented the wall behind. Everything was happening at once. Police officers rushing to apprehend Mr. Zuru, the collective supporters of both sides flustering about, unsure quite what was happening. At that moment, as if to make the situation worse, Cyrus held up four Poké Balls.
“In these Poké Balls,” he raised his voice above all others, “I hold the Legenday Pokémon; Regice, Regirock, Registeel, and Regigigas! Unless I am declared winner of this ballot, I shall release them all upon you!” Drasna glanced at her satchel, and nodded to the other Elite Four members. The exited the room, and ran down the hallway, bursting in on the main hall, the source of the disturbance.
“Hold it, dear,” Drasna said calmly to Cyrus. “Are you sure you want to do that?” In her hands, she held two ornate Poké Balls.
“Old lady, what are you going to do with those?” Cyrus asked mockingly. The very words rose Drasna’s inner rage grow. She hated being called an old lady.
“Oh, dear, dear, dear. Look what a mess you’ve got yourself into. It’s four against one. How are you going to deal with us?” as she uttered those words, all the other Elite Four members readied their Poké Balls, and sent out their Pokémon. Malva released a Blaziken, Wikstrom a Scizor, and Siebold a Blastoise. Lastly, Drasna held out the two Poké Balls, and said a silent prayer. She threw them, and twin red and blue lights were released. They took the forms of two Pokémon; both looking remarkably similar to the other. The general crowd gasped in shock. These were no ordinary Pokémon. Drasna sat down, took a sip of her tea, and said, “Go on, dears, do your work.”
There. All this just got real, kids.

And... I'm terrible at battle scenes.
Ah well, that just means mine might take a bit longer then expected.
I expect an epic Mega vs Legend battle to unfold.

Soul Dew Lati@s are better than Mega Lati@s... Mega Latias can't even counter Kyogre.
But yeah, this gets interesting.

It's technically due by tonight, but since we're almost finished, I don't mind. Last night was the targeted date to finish.

Back