PokéBeach Create-A-Card November 2013! Nekoban Ryo, Four Arms, Luispipe8, winners are you!

Blui

lv85 paladin
RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card November 2013!

aschefield101 said:
You posted Heatran first Blui, surely that was your entry? Or am I missing something somewhere :)

Yes you are. I never posted any cards in this thread until now. At first it was going to be Heatran and then I scrapped it.

AlexanderTheAwesome

Go! Chandelure!

Skarmory HP 130
20px-Metal-attack.png

Ability: Rough Gear
Whenever your opponent puts a Basic Pokemon from his or her hand onto his or her Bench, put 1 damage counter on that Pokemon.

20px-Metal-attack.png
Steel Glide 30
You may search your deck for 2
20px-Metal-attack.png
Energy cards and attach them to your Benched Evolved Pokemon in any way you like. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Weakness -
20px-Lightning-attack.png
x2
Resistence -
20px-Psychic-attack.png
Retreat -
20px-Colorless-attack.png

Momaster12

The Temporal Destroyer

Here comes Dialga, the Temporal Pokémon!

DialgaCaC_zps1045d667.png

I LOVE ex-series blanks. They're just so much fun!

Why isn't Dialga weak to Dragons?

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

Momaster12 said:
Here comes Dialga, the Temporal Pokémon!

I LOVE ex-series blanks. They're just so much fun!

Why isn't Dialga weak to Dragons?

Because Steel-types take half damage from Dragons, so it balances out to just a regular 1x damage. :p

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね

For some reason the real Dialga EX IS actually weak to Dragon.

Anyway Temporal Shift wut. o.o http://www.deviantart.com/art/Dialga-EX-316752112 http://www.mypokecard.com/en/Gallery/Pokemon-Primal-Dialga-299 is this some kind of thing?

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head

Teal said:
For some reason the real Dialga EX IS actually weak to Dragon.

Pokemon doesn't care about secondary types. Meloetta isn't weak to any form of Psychic, but not in TCG. Nope; we're to good for that.

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer

Teal said:
Anyway Temporal Shift wut. o.o http://www.deviantart.com/art/Dialga-EX-316752112 http://www.mypokecard.com/en/Gallery/Pokemon-Primal-Dialga-299 is this some kind of thing?

I think Momaster's version of Temporal Shift is better than those 2... even if bringing the Lost Zone back would be totally awesome >_>
But yeah it's a thing, it's based on Dialga's signature ability; time control. In the 12th Pokemon movie (spoilers if you haven't seen it yet), it uses temporal shifts to send the protagonists back to ancient times with its powers and undo the betrayal that Arceus suffered from humans. (End spoilers)

Nod3

her majesty

Are you silently finished judging us silently yet, DNA and CMPer? It's gonna be December in 2 days!

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

+1 day added to waiting time!

But srsly, we've gone into the next month before results come in already haha...this month wouldn't be anything new. I've been out of town for Thanksgiving (since prior to the deadline), and thus not able to finish judging. I have about half done (which I completed prior to deadline), but since there are almost twice as many entries this month compared to last, I'm expecting judging will take some extra time (usually it's about 4-5 hours or so). Sorry guys.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member

I've been sick for about half this week, but I'm working on the judging as we speak...

DNA

Advanced Member

Image-Based:

anabel1406:

10619367855_088d936467_o.png
Had this competition taken place during fifth gen, I suspect we would’ve seen a lot of Excadrill, but at the time of this judging, that doesn’t appear to be the case! Interesting choice of art; it looks good, and I can’t tell if the background is the way the artist created it or if you used an alternative holosheet as it has a nice, subtle glow. For the era, the HP seems like a decent choice; for a Stage 1 Pokémon with similar base HP, most Pokémon of the ex-era would’ve used around 90 HP, but it’s not too big of a deal, especially because it isn’t putting particularly high damage outputs. As far attacks go, though, you’ve (partly) done the same thing you did last month – use attacks with names of other attacks that do different things. Calling an attack “Rapid Spin” isn’t necessary when the attack isn’t Rapid Spin. Flex ‘dem creative muscles and come up with a more interesting (and fitting) name! Drill Liner is a better name, but with an attack seen time and time before (and for a Basic with a cost of [C][C], EX Deoxys Skarmory uses the attack better). Also, remember to capitalize both words in the attack name, as “Drill Iiner” doesn’t make too much sense! =P Placement is decent, but I’d suggest moving the first attack up one set of circles to balance the card out. Additionally, all attack effects (starting with the ex-era) were justified; if you don’t know how to do so, let me know and I can help you after the competition! I’d also make the Metal Energy symbol a little smaller in the second attack, and the damage for the attack needs to be moved slightly to the left (see the linked Skarmory for an example of how the attack damage should be lined up in reference to the attack effect). W/R/RC symbols should be moved up slightly, and since Excadrill is immune to both Electric and Poison attacks, it should probably have a Lightning or Grass resistance (remember, Poison was still represented by Grass during this time), too. That’s a biggie. Props must be given, however, because you followed through with my challenge…+0.25 bonus!

Creativity/Originality: 17/20
Wording: 15/15
Fonts and Placement: 6/10
Believability/Playability: 3.5/5
+0.25 (challenge bonus)
Total: 41.75/50

Arcticwhite:

29vjqix.jpg
I’ve seen similar ideas for Pokémon cards before, but they weren’t executed quite in this manner. The evil/beserk/infected is an interesting concept (if a little cliché) that I’m not sure is fitting for Pokémon. Regardless, you’ve earned full marks for Creativity! I fill say, though, that having such a brightly colored pink border doesn’t work too well for the concept, and the colors are further ruined by the blue surrounding the W/R/RC. Where’d the blue come from? It’d make more sense if it was a deep pink to match the border. I still love how you use your own Fakemon, though…keep that up in coming months! I’m a little iffy on your decision to put the illustrator credit where you did, though…it looks out of place and would’ve been a better creative choice to put it at the bottom of the card. Wording looks good, though grammar dictates an ‘an’ is needed before ‘Infected.’ Placement in the attack section of the card is a little off. Generally, when cards have multiple attacks (with different Energy costs), the attack names line up with the attack with the highest cost. Additionally, there is more of a gap between the attack name/Energy cost and the attack effect text on the first attack compared to the second attack, making it look slightly awkward. Remember to also line up attack damage with the attack effect text box; without doing so, the card looks disjointed. While a decent concept, the card suffers most from conherence and consistency. In addition to what I’ve already mentioned, you’re using a modified blank, but why the mix between HGSS/BW symbols (Metal card type, Fire) and DP/earlier symbols (Metal attack, Psychic, Colorless)? I really like where you were going with everything, Arcticwhite, but just be sure to double check what you’ve completed prior to posting!

Creativity/Originality: 20/20
Wording: 14.5/15
Fonts and Placement: 6/10
Believability/Playability: 1/5
Total: 41.5/50

aschefield101:

xy_cac_promo_aegislash_ex_by_aschefield101-d6u4oxu.png
Very nice colors, asche. With every card you’re becoming a better artist, and your work is perfect for EX cards! I can say with relative certainty you’re one of the most skilled fakers out there in [realistically] adding the light balls and effects to EX cards. The HP seems plausible, especially for the XY era. The attacks are nice, too, if not a little bland (we’ve seen both of the attacks on numerous cards before). Considering Venusaur-EX does 60 (and Poison) for [G][C][C] and Blastoise-EX 30 for [C][C], I can’t help but feel that the damage for “Spirit Divide” might have been better set at 50; then again, Yveltal-EX does 90 for just one extra [C] so it’s really a non-issue. Gyro Cannon (Gyro Ball + Flash Cannon!) seems nice, if [again] a bit standard. It would’ve been cool to see something involving Stance Change. Placement and fonts check out fine. Not sure if [C][C][C][C] RC is necessary, either…Aegislash isn’t the quickest Pokémon, but considering the damage outputs (plus the fact Gyro Cannon does self-Bench damage), I’d say [C][C][C] would be fine. Well done, ascheman!

Creativity/Originality: 18/20
Fonts and Placement: 10/10
Believability/Playability: 4.5/5
Total: 47.5/50

bigfootaus:

klefki_cac_final2_by_jedi201-d6u2ybf.png
While I don’t buy many cards these days, the unique holo patterns in Radiant Collection were absolutely eye-catching, and it’s fun to see someone capitalize on the idea! You did a nice job, too. The HP seems fitting for a Klefki, at least in the current format (no telling what could be used in the XY-era). Fonts overall look a little…off, mostly the attack effect text and the Pokédex information (both the height/weight data and Pokédex entry). I can’t be completely sure, but may be the spacing between lines (too much) or (strangely), not bold enough. The Ability name, “Key Collector,” is a few pixels too high, but otherwise placement and wording of the attacks both look pretty good. The attacks themselves are very fitting for a Klefki card, too. I don’t know what font you’re using for the ‘x2’ and ‘-20,’ but they look a little too condensed. In the illustrator credit, the ‘by’ isn’t needed; you can credit ‘Illus. The Pokémon Company.’ As previously mentioned, the spacing in each line of the Pokédex entry should be closer together. Despite some font misteps, though, it was cool seeing a replication of the Radiant Collection cards!

Creativity/Originality: 19/20
Fonts and Placement: 7/10
Believability/Playability: 4/5
+0.25 (challenge bonus)
Total: 45.25/50

Blui:

honedge_by_blui129-d6v7e5s.png
Y’know, I didn’t think I was such a fan of the DP blanks when they were first released (though the return of a Pokédex entry was a nice improvement over ADV blanks), but now that we have the horrendous BWXY blanks, I can appreciate them much more – and Honedge looks great! I love what you’ve done with Xous’ art (although it looks like the resizing made the diagonal lines look a tad pixilated). The Poké-POWER is fitting for a sword Pokémon, and an overall wonderful concept not utilized often enough. Wording is almost perfect, but since you made the distinction of making Honedge a Pokémon Tool while attached, you need to include a mention about the 1 Tool per Pokémon caveat; something like “…and attach Honedge to 1 of your Pokémon as a Pokémon Tool card to 1 of your Pokémon that doesn't already have a Pokémon Tool attached to it.” Equip pairs well with the attack, though I’m sure you could get away with either more damage or lower Energy cost. For [M][C][C], I think 20x would be better. It’s a simple (but effective) effect seen surprisingly uncommonly. Fonts and placement look great. The addition of a DPBP# is a nice touch, but since forms are counted as numbers, a real Honedge wouldn’t be its actual ‘dex number (not a big deal, just something I thought I’d mention). Another strong effort from Blui this month!

Wording: 14/15
+0.25 (challenge bonus)
Total: 48.75/50

GrimmReaper9001:

aegislash_ex_by_grimmreaper9001-d6u8kpy.jpg
Always exciting to see new participants to the PokéBeach CaC! I’m not sure why you needed to enlarge asche’s blank, though…when you do, the whole thing gets blurry and just doesn’t look as good. I saw on deviantART that you haven’t posted many cards, so I’m assuming you’re relatively new to faking. I’ll direct you to our Resource and Help sticky, as you’re not using the proper fonts, symbols, or placement. The symbols you’re using are really blurry and look like those found on early Energy cards. Here’s asche’s own symbol sheet designed for his blanks (at their native size). King’s Shield (which perhaps, for an EX, might be better as an Ability) should be worded “During your opponent's next turn, any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks is reduced by 10 (after applying Weakness and Resistance)”, while Shadow Claw’s wording should be “Flip a coin. If heads, discard an Energy attached to the Defending Pokémon.” Placement looks decent, but you need to justify the attack effect text (and line it up with the attack damage). One thing I’d like to point out is the energy surrounding the eye…right now, with the opacity at 100%, it really detracts from the card as it covers up a lot of the Pokémon (and parts of the card). I can’t tell if you put a small ‘HP’ next to the ‘170.’ I know I’m not one for the sparkly glow balls and such common on EX cards, either, but this card is missing some sort of ‘wow!’ factor that makes fake EX cards believeable (and a holosheet). I know you’re (relatively) new to faking, though, so keep practicing and you’ll get better! Let me know if I can help out.

Creativity/Originality: 16.5/20
Wording: 13/15
Fonts and Placement: 3/10
Believability/Playability: 2/5
-2 (for editing)
Total: 32.5/50

Heavenly Spoon:

yDF0b6s.png
Gotta love cards from the E-series – you’ve put together a nice looking card, Spoon. I’ve mentioned before how much I love the simple (yet strangely detailed) art and my opinion hasn’t changed. Fitting HP for a Forretress of the era, and fitting Power/attack, too. Gooey Center is reminiscent of a better EXP. ALL, and pairs well with the attack (a nice way to conserve your Special Metal Energy). “Heavy Metal” is an attack seen on numerous cards, though, but still fitting for a Forretress. However minor these next criticisms will be, they are really where the (few) faults lie. For whatever reason, HP was a bit more narrow and vertically stretched in the E-series, something not seen on Forretress. Additionally, the Pokédex data needs to be moved down a couple pixels, as the E-series used very strange placement…very bottom-heavy, if you will. Yours looks nicer, but unfortunately doesn’t quite match with what WotC had in mind. The same problem exists for the illustrator credit. Why WotC thought it a good idea to place things the way they did, I have no idea… Only two more minor things that I wouldn’t even take points off for, but I’m letting you know for your own future benefit: the first is that the ‘-30’ should be a tad larger (maybe 1 or 2 sizes) and a couple pixels lower. The second is that proper tracking for “10” damage outputs should be -75, otherwise the spacing between the “1” and “0” is a little too much.

Fonts and Placement: 9/10
-2 (for editing)
+0.25 (challenge bonus)
Total: 44.75/50

Momaster12:

First of all, I gotta say that this was wonderful choice of arwork for a Dialga-ex. It works perfectly and really would blend in well with other Pokémon-ex cards. Starting from the top, I think the HP may be a little too high – big basics usually had a maximum of 120 HP in the ex-series (Kyogre, Groudon). Placement of the Poké-POWER symbol is a little too high (on ex cards, the symbol is just a few pixels above the circle, and this is pretty consistent), while top of the effect text should be lined up with the top of the circles. While fitting for a Dialga card (if a bit overused), the Power seems…almost not worth the steep discard. Granted, you don’t have to use it aside from heavy-hitting instances, but it still seems a bit situational. I’d expect a little more from a Pokémon-ex; the attack, though, works well and is a good cost/output ratio for an ex. Plus, I like how a [M] can inflict Burn. One major gripe, though, is that you gave Dialga-ex a Psychic resistance – I’m sure you meant a Poison resistance, but it wasn’t until the DP series that Poison jumped the Grass-type ship to join Ghosts and Psychics in the land of purple. Hurts the Believability portion. A great effort this month, though I’d love to see you do a non special-Pokémon next month!

Fonts and Placement: 9.5/10
Believability/Playability: 3/5
Total: 45.5/50

Nekoban Ryo:

magneton_card_pb_zpsfcfc785e.png
Welcome back to CaC, Alex! I love the artwork – you captured Magneton’s metallic body quite well, and it’s a little more distinct than your usual style. The reason I bring this up is because in the history of the TCG, I think the e-card sets had the most varied, experimental, and distinct art. At first I was going to point out that double W/R is usually reserved for Pokémon-ex, but I makes sense given the Poké-BODY. It’s a nice touch that can potentially hurt while you power up its attacks. The flavor text should be a pixel or two lower, as it’s closer to the bottom of the bar than higher. Wording looks good to me, though I’d add a little condition in the second attack about choosing a [M] Pokémon if there is more than one. As mentioned prior, I like the risk/reward between the Poké-BODY and first attack…and the effect of the second attack is very cool and on-theme regarding Magneton. Overall, a very creative, well-made card!

Wording: 14.5/15
Fonts and Placement: 9.5/10
Believability/Playability: 5/5
+0.25 (challenge bonus)
Total: 49.25/50

Nod3:

1rsRNQp.png
WHAT IS THIS I DON’T EVEN.//////////////dsfksdhfk
y u capitalize damage counter hand discard pile/////ERR:w93jdht
y u no use δ no cap ENERGYpppppppp

Creativity/Originality: -20/20
Believability/Playability: 0/5
Total: unjudgeable100/50

PMJ:

7eLBMKf.png
Klinklang. Cool Pokémon. Cool PMJ. Cool card. Gear Up is a ha-ha pun, and sometimes you’ve just gotta appreciate the bad puns. “Laser of Mystery” is a decent (albeit a tad cheesy) name…I actually would’ve gone with “Parafusion Laser.” At first glance, [M] for 50 damage, auto-Burn, and 50% Para/Confusion seems a little OP (which it very well may be), but this would be a step in the right direction as far as bringing Stage 2 Pokémon back from the land of EX/powerful Basic-induced obscurity. Which, I would assume, was your intention...even though I don’t think it’s the believable in a BW-era card (I’d peg it in XY). Really, I guess, not much else to say. Fonts and wording look good. I probably would’ve kept the Poison resistance (or given it Fairy) rather than give it Dragon, despite your reasoning, but eh. Not really a big deal. Another tops card, PMJ!

+0.25 (challenge bonus)
Total: 48.25/50

RedArceus:

WzdrW11.png
Scizor…EX…FA. I like Scizor, it’s a cool Pokémon. Interesting choice of patterns and textures, but I can’t really say it works. To be honest, it’s where the card suffers the most. The border looks like you took a smaller image and increased the size to a point that it just looks like a blurry, JPG artifact-filled mess. The background has a little too much going on – to the point that it’s hard to read the text. Many cards have rather busy backgrounds, but with less contrast. The texture you used on the wings doesn’t look bad so much as it does out-of-place (I don’t think the gold color helps, either). I’m unsure which category would be best to dock you points here, so I’m taking an extra point from Believability; neither the border or background you chose look like something that would be used by TPCi. The Ability is spelled wrong (should be “Technician”), and ‘Weakness’ and ‘Resistance’ should be capitalized. The first attack is nice; different from we’ve seen from the attack in the TCG, but much closer to its VG counterpart. We’ve seen multiple cards with the “Round” attack, and it doesn’t get any better each time. Besides the minor issues (more grammatical than anything), wording seems nice! I think higher quality Fairy symbols are available, though…the one you used looks pretty blurry. That being said, it really does seem like it could be a pretty realistic EX card, and I like how it’s reminiscent of Scizor in the VG.

Creativity/Originality: 17.5/20
Believability/Playability: 3/5
Total: 43.5/50

Xous:

WikstromsAegislashFinalXous1_zps349065f8.png
New Challenger Approaching! Xous joins the Brawl! And a self-made blank, too. We don’t see too many owner’s Pokémon in the CaC, so this is a nice change-of-pace on a variety of levels. The HP seems right one target for a trainer’s Stage 2 Pokémon in the classic-era, though it’s important to keep in mind that HP in the class-era was red; it wasn’t until the Neo sets that we adopted the Japanese use of black HP. The HP font looks a little off, too – should be Futura Std Heavy (and the same size as the card name [which looks a size or two too large itself]). (-1.5) Not quite sure what it is, but the Pokédex stats look a little off, despite appearing to be the correct size/font – although on second thought, it seems to be a problem consistent throughout the card, so it may be the program you’re using. (-.5) Placement seems to be a little off on the power – the left edge of the text box on most cards in the Gym series lined up with the Pokédex stats bar, while a few extended outward, the right edge seemed to remain consistent with the prior placement. There’s also the option of making the text smaller to fit within the limits of the stats bar. (-1) Both “Oath of Honor” and “Iron Will” are fitting attacks, and the wording seems to check out…although I might add a small part to the end of the power “…Asleep, Confused or Paralyzed when your opponent attacks.” The symbols you used look a little jagged – I can send you the sheet I made for Redux if you’d like, as the blanks are the same size. The ‘-30’ in the Resistance should be moved down a pixel or two, almost centered vertically to the symbol. I love the “badge” you made for Wilkstrom – have you done the other Kalos E4? The “Illus.” credit should be Gill Sans Condensed Bold at 95% width. Otherwise, everything looks great. I’d love to see more of your cards in the future, Xous!

Fonts and Placement: 7/10
+0.25 (challenge bonus)
Total: 44.25/50

Zygarde:

scizorcoacutepia_zps4ed09acb.png
I’ve heard of running with scissors, but dancing with scissors is new to me! :p I’m really liking what you’ve got here, DN. HP makes sense for a Scizor, blank pairs perfectly with the art…overall, a beautiful looking card. The Ability name is clever and fits its effect, but considering the second attack requires Grass Energy, I might’ve altered the effect to just any Energy attachment (or discard 2 cards for [M] Energy and 1 card for other types). Discarding 2 cards isn’t too hindering to your opponent that you should be limited in your use of the Ability. Additionally, I can’t help but think that “Increment” would be better as a self-attachment – especially to work in conjunction with the Ability. “Scarlet Dash” is a great name with a power that falls perfectly in line with today’s cards. I’m not sure I’m a fan of the bolded, right-aligned ‘x2’ in the W/R/RC, but it does match the bold, simple lines of the Pokédex box. Other than some minor things regarding the Ability/attack effects hindering their synergy with each other, I really like the card. Well done, man.

+0.25 (challenge bonus)
Total: 48.25/50

CMP said:
Wrap-up: another awesome month! I’m happy we’ve filled up slots – at a nice 15/15 no less! There were some fresh faces this round, as well as some faces we haven’t seen for a while.

Some of you may be taken a bit aback by the +0.25 bonus points, regardless of whether or not you received it. My decision was based on the challenge I posted during last month’s wrap-up. It isn’t really a number that’ll make-or-break a card, but I thought it’d be a nice “thanks” to those who participated without really harming those who chose not to. I won’t guarantee there will be a personal challenge every month, but if there is, might as well try it, right? I promise the bonus points for meeting the challenge requirements will never exceed more than +0.25. My challenge is the same for next month…no special Pokémon. It was a nice change-of-pace while judging this month, and as DNA so nicely put it, “If your entry has to be an EX to get your point across, I honestly think you're doing it wrong. If the EX bit is just icing on the cake or whatever, it's not as bad.” We’ve seen some great EX cards, but we’ve also seen EX cards with reused attacks. Go for creativity, guys – and cards don’t have to be EX to be creative!

Text-Based:

I honestly think you guys in text-based took CMP's words to heart as well: I didn't see a single Pokemon-EX. Nice job, guys! I don't really deal in fractional points yet, though to give all of you a 0.25 would be...well, kinda silly since you all earned it this month.

All right, on with the show!

AlexanderTheAwesome:

Skarmory HP 130
20px-Metal-attack.png

Ability: Rough Gear
Whenever your opponent puts a Basic Pokemon from his or her hand onto his or her Bench, put 1 damage counter on that Pokemon.

20px-Metal-attack.png
Steel Glide 30
You may search your deck for 2
20px-Metal-attack.png
Energy cards and attach them to your Benched Evolved Pokemon in any way you like. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Weakness -
20px-Lightning-attack.png
x2
Resistence -
20px-Psychic-attack.png
Retreat -
20px-Colorless-attack.png

I'd expect a Pokemon like that to have a little less HP...100, maybe? I can justify the high end at times, but I think 130 is overdoing it a bit. The Steel Glide bit reminds me a bit of Virizion-EX, and I can't help but wonder if that was part of the inspiration for it...? It's definitely not a bad card by any means, but aside from Rough Gear stacking and its really high HP, nothing about it really stands out. Good effort, though, but don't be afraid to branch out a little more.

Believability/Playability: 12/15
Total: 45/50

Chronus MSEA:

Gallade [delta species] 110HP [F][M]
Stage 2 - Evolve from Kirlia
{This Pokémon is both [F],[M] type}

[Poké-Body] Inner Spirit
If you have both Gardevoir and Gallade in play, each of these Pokémon's attacks does 30 more damage to the Defending Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[M][C] Rebounce Cut 30
Move an energy card attached to Gallade to one of your Benched Pokémon.

[F][F][M][C] Sword Play 60
If you have Ralts, Kirlia and Gardevoir in play, this attack base damage is 100 instead.

Weakness [P]
Resistance [-]
Retreat Cost [C][C]

I assume the Poke-Body is supposed to be akin to Politoed LA, in which both of them get a boost if they are both in play? Originally I thought Politoed LA said 'those' instead of 'these', but I stand corrected! Though, I don't think you need to put the 'both' there.

Other than that, only minor issues arise. The "Energy" in "Energy card" should be capitalized, and Sword Play should have "this attack's base damage". Regardless of that I'm quite impressed by your card, and although Gardevoir and Gallade have a good amount of synergy, I don't think they've really had that kind of representation in the TCG, other than perhaps the Gardevoir NXD and Gallade PLS duo, but that's a weak parallel at best. Good job!

Believability/Playability: 15/15
Total: 48/50

Four Arms:

Bronzong // HP100 [M]
Stage 1 (Evolves from Bronzor)
442.png

NO. 473 Bronze Bell Pokémon HT: 4'3" WT: 412.3lbs.

Ability Dismantling Chime

Each Pokémon Tool card attached to any Pokémon (both yours and your opponent's) now has the effect "Any damage done to the Pokémon this card is attached to by attacks is reduced by 10 (after applying Weakness and Resistance)," instead of their usual effect.

[M][C] Migraine 50

This Pokémon has no Abilities until the end of your opponent's next turn.

weakness [R] X2

resistance [P] -20
retreat cost [C][C][C]

When this Pokémon is happy, it swings itself back and forth to make a very loud chime. There are very few Bronzong left in the wild because they are both very easy to find and very annoying.

Oh man, I'm getting some heavy Darkrai LV.X vibes here...except in this case, Bronzong overrides the Tool's effect completely, rather than Darkrai adding to it (though, admittedly, basic Energy don't have any effects to begin with). This is just me personally, but I think that "instead of their usual effect" should be changed to "instead of its usual effect", since "each" is singular. However, no card that I know of has an effect similar to that other than Light Dragonite, and since that's a Neo card I can't really use that as a comparison point. So you escape losing a point. FOR NOW.

I can't help but feel Migraine is ultimately detrimental to Bronzong's case since it negates the tool's effects even going into your turn, but maybe I'm reading into it too much. The Pokedex entry definitely made me smile - "both very easy to find and very annoying". KILL IT WITH FIRE

Total: 50/50

Fraxureking:

Basic - Klefki - HP80 - Metal
NO. 707 Key Ring Pokémon HT: 0'8" WT: 6.6 Ibs.

[Ability] - Key Hold

As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, neither player can move damage counters or Energy cards.

[Y] Crafty Shield

During your opponent's next turn, prevent all effects of attacks, excluding damage, done to this Pokémon.

[M] [Y] Mirror Shot - 20

Does 20 damage to one of your opponent's Benched Pokémon (Don't apply weakness and resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: Fire (×2) Resistance: Dragon (-30) Retreat: 0

These key collectors threaten any attackers by fiercely jingling their keys at them.

I kinda forgot Fairy Energy is a thing now.

I'm not sure how to handle Key Lock, as I feel at the end it should say "...from 1 Pokemon to another", but Heal Block just says 'moved', so I guess that works. You also avoid being docked a point. FOR NOW.

You also forgot a full stop after the first sentence in Mirror Shot, but lucky for you, I don't dock points from that unless I find two small mistakes. Man, you're really skirting the edge this month, aren't you?

Total: 49/50

Keeper of Night:

[M] Mawile 80 HP
Basic
Spr_3r_303.png

Ability: Huge Power

Each of this Pokemon's attacks do 30 more damage to the Defending Pokemon (after applying W and R).

[M] Play Rough 10

If the Defending Pokemon has Y weakness, this attack does 10 more damage.

[M] [M] [C] Guillotine 60

Discard 2 [M] energy attached to this Pokemon.

W: [R] R: [DRG]

Retreat: [C] [C]
These pokemon dwell in caves. They swing their giant steel jaws to attack.

You couldn't even be bothered to spell out "Weakness and Resistance"? Boo this man. Additionally, effects on the attacker (such as Huge Power) are standardly applied before Weakness and Resistance, not after. If you were aiming for after, though, I'd have worded it similar to Armaldo LA: "If an attack of this Pokemon does damage to the Defending Pokemon (after applying Weakness and Resistance), that attack does 30 more damage."

also lol 1 Energy for 40 damage

Believability/Playability: 14/15
Total: 45/50

Lemonnade:

Brock's Forretress - Stage 1 Evolves from Brock's Pineco [M] 70 HP
Bagworm Pokemon. Length: 3' 11", Weight: 277 lbs.
Pokemon Power: At Your Own Risk
When you play Brock's Forretress from your hand, you may flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Confused; if tails, your Active Pokemon is now Confused.
[M][C][C] Rapid Spin 20

Flip a coin. If heads, if the Defending Pokemon tries to attack during your opponent's next turn, that attack does nothing. If tails, the Defending Pokemon is now Confused. Either way, Brock's Forretress is now Confused (after doing damage).
Weakness: [R]

Resistance: [P] -30
Retreat Cost: 3 [C]
LV. 34 #205
x/30 Rare

I was about to question why your Pokemon Power had a semicolon in it, and I was reminded of Drowzee (Rocket) 's Long-Distance Hypnosis. SON OF A GUN, I stand corrected again!

You know, this is actually pretty cool. I don't think I've seen an auto-fail attack thing like that before, though it does make sense with the theme of the card! And seeing an Owner's Pokemon in the same vein as the classing Gym sets is always nice to see. I assume that was your intent, no?

...I think you're one of the guys that consistently submits Classic/Neo-style text blanks, and it's a nice change from the vast amount of BW fakes I get. Some are nice, but there's only so far you can go before it becomes boring.

Luispipe8:

Stage 2//Empoleon//HP140\\[M]
Evolves from Prinplup

Spr_5b_395.png

Dex Number: 395/Emperor Pokémon/Height: 1.7m/Weight: 84.5kg
Ability Powerful Leadership

Once during your turn (before your attack), you may use this Ability. Discard the top 2 cards of your deck. If you do, your Pokemon's attacks do 30 more damage to the Defending Pokémon until the end of your turn (before applying Weakness and Resistance). You may not use an Ability with the same name during your turn.

[M][M][C] Divide and Conquer

This attack does 40 damage to a number of your opponent's Pokémon equal to the number of Empoleon you have in play. If you only have 1 Empoleon in play, this attack does nothing. Flip a coin. If heads, during your opponent's next turn, any damage done by attacks to each Empoleon you have in play is reduced by 20 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

Weakness:
[F] x2

Resistance:
[Y] -20

Retreat:
[C][C]

Given their immense pride, Empoleon are surprisingly social creatures. They live in colonies led by a leader, which is the Empoleon that has the largest horns on its head.

I think this is the coolest-looking fake (as far as how text is aligned and such) that I've seen all much. Time to piece it apart.

I was thinking of rewording Divide and Conquer, but since this is BW and there are examples of multi-target attacks, you're fine. The closest thing I can think of is Cloyster SW; you'd put something like "For each Empoleon you have in play, this attack does 40 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokemon", but the (You may choose the same Pokemon more than once) bit would be left out.

And the ability could go "If you do, during this turn, each of your Pokemon's attacks..." but, again, it can pass as is, I believe. All in all, though, I'm extremely impressed.

man I'm learning so many new things and getting confused what's wrong with me today

Total: 50/50

Lvl 100 Bidoof:

[Stage 1] Lucario HP 90 [M]

NO. 448 Aura Pokémon HT: 3'11" WT: 119.0 lbs.

[Ability] The Sixth Sense
If your opponent has 5 Pokémon on his or her bench, this Pokémon's attacks do 20 more damage to the Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[M][F] Lucky Rush 10
If the Defending Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from this attack, take 1 more Prize card.

[M][M][C] Aura Corrupt 60
Discard a Pokémon Tool card attached to the Defending Pokémon.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance:
Retreat cost: [C]

It can read the auras of all living things. By doing this, it can predict movements and read thoughts.

"Lucky Rush" on a Lucario bahahahahahahaha
okay moving on

For the most part, everything seems to check out. Nothing really odd or strange about the wording, and the card seems to work. There are 2 things I should point out, though:
For Lucky Rush, you can drop the 'damage from', so it just becomes 'Knocked Out by this attack'. See: Cresselia LV.X. It's not a big deal, but it could be better.
For The Sixth Sense, you should say 'If your opponent has 5 Benched Pokemon', not '5 Pokemon on his or her Bench'. See: Ditto TM.

Not bad, though.

Total: 47/50

MountainDrew:

Scizor HP 110 [M]

Ability Technician

Each of this Pokemon's attacks that does 60 damage or less now does 40 more damage(after applying weakness and resistence)

[M] [M] Suffocating Pinch 20

The Defending Pokemon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn.

[M] [C] [C] Last Ditch Effort 10

Before doing damage, count the remaining HP of the Defending Pokemon and this Pokemon. If this Pokemon has less HP than the Defending Pokemon, the Defending Pokemon is Knocked Out.

Weakness - [R]x2

Resistence - [P] -20
Retreat - [C]

"Its wings are not used for flying. They are flapped at high speed to adjust its body temperature"

The thing that stands out to me the most is wording - not that it's outright bad, but that it could be better. For the ability Technician, I hearken back to the Armaldo LA example I used earlier, and it could go like this - "If an attack of this Pokemon does 60 or less damage to the Defending Pokemon (after applying Weakness and Resistance), that attack does 40 more damage". As for Last-Ditch Effort, I'm getting Take Out vibes; I feel it should end "the Defending Pokemon is Knocked Out instead of damaged by this attack".

It isn't bad, per se; it could just use some improvement and/or cross-referencing existing cards for example wording.

Creativity/Originality: 17/20
Editing Penalty: -2
Total: 42/50

Reggie McGigas:

[Basic] Registeel HP 120 [M]
379.gif

[Ability] Extra Recoil

If this Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from an attack, put 1 Revenge Marker on the Defending Pokémon.

[M][M][C] Ghetto Blaster 80+

If there is a Revenge Marker on the Defending Pokémon, this attack does 40 more damage.

Weakness: [R] x2

Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C]

[This Pokémon was created by Regigigas. Scientists are still confused as to how Regigigas made this golem of steel.]

(If a Revenge Marker is attached to the Defending Pokémon, put 10 damage on that Pokémon in between turns.)

This card is already making me smile, mostly because of the attack name 'Ghetto Blaster'. It works in tandem, I can see, if there's multiples in play. I can see this working as an actual card; as for me personally I'd like it if Ghetto Blaster's cost wasn't as hefty, but that's just me personally wanting a 2-energy attack! though it wouldn't be 80+ at that point either. Ignore that.

Though, if Registeel is Knocked Out, shouldn't the Revenge Marker be put on the Attacking Pokemon instead?

Total: 48/50

Teal:

(Stage 1) Bisharp // HP150
SWsH1B0.png

625.gif

NO. 625 Sword Blade Pokémon HT: 5'03" WT: 154.3 Ibs.

WHThUGs.png
Army Assemble
Your opponent's Pokémon's attacks do 20 more damage to your Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

SWsH1B0.png
nNi6gro.png
Warpath 60+
Does 40 more damage for each Bisharp on your Bench.

weakness resistance
TkP5c82.png
×2
CellImageWhiteSmallTransparent.gif
nL9pbCo.png

retreat
nNi6gro.png
nNi6gro.png

(Bisharp pursues prey in the company of a large group of Pawniard. Then Bisharp finishes off the prey.)​

Well now, this is certainly a...
*shades*
...double-edged sword.

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

This is definitely a high-risk high-return card. The high HP of Bisharp does offset this somewhat, but if you go all out and decide to go for the maximum of 180 that Bisharp can offer, your guys won't be lasting very long. Granted, 150 HP is...really high for something like this, but due to the nature of this card, I feel it's okay, though I feel 120 or 130 would have made a bit more sense.

You've impressed me yet again; well done.

The Fire Wyrm:

Aegislash (Blade Forme) 160HP [M]
Stage 2 (Evolves from Doublade)

Ability: Blade Of The Ruined King

This Pokémon cannot attack if you do not have a King's Rock is in the discard pile.

Subjugate [M][M][C] 100

Heal from this Pokémon the same amount of damage you did to the Defending Pokémon.

Damnation [M][M][P][C][C] 50x

This attack does 50 damage times the number of King's Rock in your discard pile.

Weakness:[R] Resistance:[P]

Retreat cost:[C][C]

R 1/1 Pokébeach CAC

King's Rock
Pokémon Tool
(Attach a Pokémon Tool to 1 of your Pokémon that doesn't already have a Pokémon Tool attached to it.)
The Pokémon this card is attached to can also use the ability on this card.

Ability: Pompous

If you have more prize cards than your opponent, your Pokémon's attacks do 30 more damage.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

All the talk of Aegislash in the image-based scared everyone else off from it...everyone but you, it seems. I wish someone had done the Shield Form of Aegislash, but such is life.

It's kinda surprising to come to an entry like this last - the damage amounts on this card are practically insane. Damnation I feel is fair, though Subjugate is ridiculous, given how it isn't that hard to get a single card into the discard pile. You know, like with Ultra Ball.

As for wording, the abilities need fixing. Here:
"If you don't have a King's Rock in the discard pile, this Pokemon can't attack."
"If you have more Prize cards left than your opponent, each of this Pokemon's attacks do 30 more damage (before applying Weakness and Resistance)."

Though, since due to B/W that also increases snipe damage, it makes it even more iffy. (Think of Registeel EX for a moment, will you?)

Believability/Playability: 11/15
Total: 43/50

And that's a wrap for November! For text-based, we have Nekoban Ryo and his Magneton taking the prize with 49(.25) points! I personally am pleased by this, but that's just because I'm biased towards Magneton. Blui and his Honedge placed as the runner-up with 48.75 points...not bad at all. Don't worry, PMJ - you got bronze, just like you wanted. I don't know what happened with Nod3. There was this syntax error and then everything exploded, so I have no idea if he won or lost or what.

Text-based was a similar affair, and the winners this month (yes, there was a tie) were not who people were normally expecting to win. The four-armed Four Arms Bronzong and Luispipe8's Empoleon both took the crown scoring the perfect 50 points, and everyone's favorite rival guy they didn't want to win, Teal, got 2nd place with his Bisharp, along with Brock's Forretress's Lemonnade. Wait, maybe it's Lemonnade's Forretress...or Brock's Lemonnade Forretress...you know what forget it; these possessives are too difficult. Oh, right, and Fraxureking's Klefki also got 49 points.

Since next month is December, I want something really cool to finish the year out, and I have something planned that will let you guys be more creative than you ever have before... As for what type will be next month, I will let you guys figure it out. See you in a few days![/hr]

Reggie McGigas

-
Another month, another loss. Good game and good job everyone :p

48 isn't bad at all, but hoping for better.

Can't wait for next month, it seems we will be able to submit any type we want according to DNA's teaser

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
^ 130 HP means 110 actual HP for max 60 damage (unless bad Bisharps are played) which is just unplayable for a stage 1.

Congrats!

DNA

Advanced Member
Fraxureking said:
but.. I got 49 too...

Why I no runner-up?
Whoops! Fixed. For some reason I only remember giving 49 to two people, not three.

Xous

Disappear to a place beyond seeing...
Congratulations to the winners! :D

On my score: I knew fonts/placement were going to kill me, but even so I did better than I expected. In the future I've really got to get a better program for applying fonts - the one I use right now is terrible. Things like "width" aren't even an option, and it messes up letters when you adjust font size.

I actually used Brock's Ninetales and Giovanni's Machamp as references (as well as a few other cards) but totally overlooked Erika's Vileplume. I would have taken that route for sure had I noticed it.

The symbols you used look a little jagged – I can send you the sheet I made for Redux if you’d like, as the blanks are the same size.
Never hurts to have more symbol sheets - I can add it to my collection. :)

I love the “badge” you made for Wilkstrom – have you done the other Kalos E4?

Nah, I've only made one for Wikstrom. Just had the idea for the card and wanted to try it out.