PokéBeach Create-A-Card: May 2014 - Stage 2 (Congrats Scorched, rev3rsor, & Zygarde)

RE: PokeBeach Create-A-Card: May 2014 - Stage 2

I love the design of the card blank; very unique!

Gonna have to drop this month, I just have no time to fix my Photoshop let alone actually work on the card. Good Luck to everyone!

Amperglyph said:
I just found out about this forum, and also this contest, so sorry for the seriously last minute entry...I threw together a Vivillon for the image contest:

VivillonPromoF2_zps45a3688d.png

I don't know if this is really within the spirit of this contest, but I definitely had a lot of fun doing it!

That. Blank. Is. BEAUTIFUL.
Still over 24 hours for any other last-minute submissions!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: May 2014 - Stage 2

anabel1406 said:
My entry
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97787381@N03/14015683647/in/photostream/

This is more a personal pet peeve, but next time do you mind uploading your card onto another website? I like having just the card in a browser tab, and Flickr doesn't easily allow for that (plus it alters the size relative to your browser, making for a messed up looking entry). Thanks!

It looks nice, but I'm a hard sell for custom blanks that unnecessarily rearrange everything. Note that Pokemon has been using the same basic template since day one, with only minor changes here and there. Don't fix what isn't broken, you know?

Amperglyph said:
I just found out about this forum, and also this contest, so sorry for the seriously last minute entry...I threw together a Vivillon for the image contest:

I don't know if this is really within the spirit of this contest, but I definitely had a lot of fun doing it!

I like the card, but the blank seems iffy to me, it is completely unorganized and things all over the place. That being said, your card is ridiculously creative. I think you'll get a top 3 finish, so good luck!

There are a few changes I would make to the blank, if it were me, though this doesn't seem like the thread to discuss it. :p

Barring any last 24-hour submissions, my judging is completed!

I'm working on my last entries as I write this. CMP, mind sending me the results when the deadline's passed? ;)

Will do, luis!

There were some amazing entries this month. Great job to all!

My results are ready as well, so everybody pray so nobody enters in last minute everything's ready for tomorrow. And I gotta say, the entries this month were outstanding in their majority, most of you did improved from last month, and some did significantly. Congratulations to all in advance!

Jeremy1026 said:
We want the results! We want the results!
Assuming nobody else enters, I'll send them to luis at 11:00 and he'll post them, I'm sure, very soon after!

CMP said:
Jeremy1026 said:
We want the results! We want the results!
Assuming nobody else enters, I'll send them to luis at 11:00 and he'll post them, I'm sure, very soon after!

Well, the Deadline at 11 is at 9 on here and I'll be studying Chemistry... :/ If I finish up quickly and am able to enter the Forums, I'll paste both results in and post them. It's most probable that I will do it, but just in case you wonder I didn't, now you know why... XD

Luispipe8 said:
CMP said:

Well, the Deadline at 11 is at 9 on here and I'll be studying Chemistry... :/ If I finish up quickly and am able to enter the Forums, I'll paste both results in and post them. It's most probable that I will do it, but just in case you wonder I didn't, now you know why... XD
Why can't you send the results into CMP so he can post them if you're busy?

Reggie McGigas said:
Luispipe8 said:
Why can't you send the results into CMP so he can post them if you're busy?

...Because CMP is busier than Luis?

If luis wants to send me the results, I'll be available at 11!

No, no, don't get me wrong, I WILL post them myself, it's just so you know that there's a slight chance that I won't. IF that were to happen, I'll send the results to CMP and that's that. :p

So, I've been unexpectedly busy since posting my entry, but I just wanted a chance to thank everyone for their commentary. The compliments are great, of course, but I'm also very happy with the constructive criticism - it's given me a lot to think about, and good ideas for what I can do to improve my custom blank.

Back