PokéBeach Create-A-Card March 2013! Congratulations PMJ and Teal!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card March 2013!

Yeah I wanted to make a Magikarp that is actually good, because I feel bad for Magikarp.

Your Magikarp is totally broken :B (You know you would only finish stuff with it, right.)

Teal said:
Your Magikarp is totally broken :B (You know you would only finish stuff with it, right.)

Yeah he is, just hope not to go againest Lando EX, or Glaciate Kyurem

DNA said:
AquaticWartortle said:
Hi, I'd like to join the image-based contest! :) It seems fun! Just wondering, can you copy off of some actual pokemon cards art, or do you have to draw it yourself?
You can use art from basically anywhere for your card, but you still have to give credit to the original artist who drew it (usually that's done in the "Illus." section of the card).

Arcticwhite said:
You can submit Fakémon, right? (CorinthiansRose uploaded one last month)...
Yes.

The original post has been updated accordingly, up to TFW's signup. There is now no more room for text-based entries! so the rest of you will have to either wait it out until next month or wait for someone to leave. There are still 5 more slots for image-based if you wish to take a crack at that, though!
kk, thanks for the reply! ;) Now, time to write some ideas for my card! :D

aschefield101 said:
That's a lot of text based entrants :eek:

IKR?
And they all signed up on the first day too. It blows my mind!

Code:
Lapras 130 HP [W]
Basic
Ability: Hydration
Once during your turn, before you attack, you may put a basic [W] energy card from your discard pile into your hand.

[W] Ice Fin - 40
Discard a [W] energy attached to this Pokemon

Weakness: Metal
Resistance: --
Retreat: [C]

Since my entries in the last two months were pretty good but tottally failed in one category that ruined them like wording *cough* Kingdra *cough* or they were tottaly OP *cough* Granbull *cough*. I trried to make this one as realistic as possible. I figured that it would be good in Keldeo/Blastoise since you could retreat and get the energy back and such and such. But I wanted to make sure that it wasn't tottaly OP with its attack. Hope you like it :D

Also, there aren't very many basic water type Pokemon that aren't forgotten so I couldn't stick with my forgotten Poke' theme :(

Ludicolo EX HP 150 {W}
Stage 2 (Evolves from Lombre)

Ability: Dizzy Dances
Once during your turn, (before you attack), you may flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now confused.

Move 1
{W}{C}
Boogie and Break 30+
Does 20 damage for each water energy attached to Ludicolo EX. Heal 30 damage from Ludicolo EX.

Move 2:
{W}{W}{C}
Shakin’ Surf 80
Discard a water energy from Ludicolo EX. Does 30 damage to one of your opponents benched Pokemon (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon)

Retreat: {C}{C}{C}
Weakness: {E} x2
Resistance: None

Pokemon-EX Rule:
When a Pokemon-EX has been knocked out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

No.272
Height: 4'11" (1.5 m)
Weight: 121.3 lbs. (55.0 kg)

“Festive music causes it to dance, stimulating its muscles and making this Pokemon stronger.”

Re: RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card March 2013!

Suitcune said:
Ludicolo EX HP 150 {W}
Stage 2 (Evolves from Lombre)

Ability: Dizzy Dances
Once during your turn, (before you attack), you may flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now confused.

Move 1
{W}{C}
Boogie and Break 30+
Does 20 damage for each water energy attached to Ludicolo EX. Heal 30 damage from Ludicolo EX.

Move 2:
{W}{W}{C}
Shakin’ Surf 80
Discard a water energy from Ludicolo EX. Does 30 damage to one of your opponents benched Pokemon (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon)

Retreat: {C}{C}{C}

No.272
Height: 4'11" (1.5 m)
Weight: 121.3 lbs. (55.0 kg)

“Festive music causes it to dance, stimulating its muscles and making this Pokemon become stronger.”

This is like Mewtwo. The first attack is broken, the second is pretty bad.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

PellOfTheTundra said:

Thanks for the help. I'll use this advice to design my card next month. I was trying to model it after Darkrai EX, but with another attack, (the first one). I know the names are pretty bad.

Re: RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card March 2013!

Suitcune said:
PellOfTheTundra said:

Thanks for the help. I'll use this advice to design my card next month. I was trying to model it after Darkrai EX, but with another attack, (the first one). I know the names are pretty bad.

It's not that the names are bad. The second attack is an inferior Night Spear that requires a discard, and the first is pretty much Secret Sword, but weaker.

So not really broken, since both are inferior to previous versions, except Ludicolo heals after his Secret Sword. Which would be nice, if Ludicolo had more HP. He IS a Stage 2 after all, give dat boy some BAWLK. XD

Am I shut out? There are already 12 entrants =(

DNA, can I edit some wording on my card? I want to change it from being Vaporeon to Vaporeon EX. :p (Too OP for a normal Stage 1)

I can't really do more than 12 entries per category. soz =/

Pell got banned, though, so that slot miiiiiiiiiight be opening up. He already submitted his entry, however, so I'm going to hold it there for a while.

@KoN: Fine.

Can I change my Magikarp from 10+ to 10x to keep it from being overpowered?

^k

@Flygon: I doubt we'll need subs at this point...but maybe.

I can't believe I won the last one.
Sign me in for a 3peat.

Image-based doesn't seem that popular this month, so many text-based! Personally, I prefer image-based because it gets you to be creative with the artwork etc. Can't wait to see more entries!

Back