PokéBeach Create-A-Card: June 2014 - Hoenn (Congrats to the winners)

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: June 2014 - Hoenn: RESULTS ARE UP!!

CMP said:
For the "Evolves from..." text, I think it's one of those things that matters less and less the smaller the blank, but I made my own font guide based on larger blanks...
unknown_set_77_124__malamar_by_ilkcmp-d6v2yej.png
After checking numerous preprint scans, the font is indeed Frutiger. I'll see if I can find a way to send it over to you.

If you could somehow send me Frutiger, that would be fantastic! I would be ever so grateful, since I'm not sure how I would get my hands on it otherwise :)

As you said, it's not as noticeable for smaller cards - but I much prefer bigger fakes.

Also, comparing that Malamar to my Cacturne... I think my flavour text needs to be ever-so-slightly bolder. There is no faux bold option in illustrator so I might tweak the text outline or something.

CMP said:
I'm glad you agree with the score -- it assures me I'm judging fairly! I can't wait to see what you come up with next month!

If next month is anything like this month, I can't wait to see what everyone else will cook up next either!

bigfootaus said:
Also, "Huderon of Canossa"'s entry this month had (by official TCG standards) an overload of text but it did not hurt the score.

Ha, I am curious on how far one can go with text overload before points are docked. Shall I find out next month? :p Just Kidding! ....Or am I?

Huderon of Canossa said:
If next month is anything like this month, I can't wait to see what everyone else will cook up next either!

I doubt I'll win, but I'd like to work in Image-based with someone else. I cannot tell you how much I want this to be Legendary Pokemon. Meloetta for the win!

GadgetJax said:
I doubt I'll win, but I'd like to work in Image-based with someone else. I cannot tell you how much I want this to be Legendary Pokemon. Meloetta for the win!

I'm not planning to enter anything of my own this coming month, so if you need an artist, I'm available.

Amperglyph said:
GadgetJax said:

I'm not planning to enter anything of my own this coming month, so if you need an artist, I'm available.

I'm really sorry, I just agreed to work with Delta for July. :(

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: June 2014 - Hoenn (Congrats PMJ+Athena, SquirtleSquad & ATA)

Wow! Can't believe I won! Haha! Congrats to the other winners and good job to everyone else!
Can't wait for the next one, I had a blast!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: June 2014 - Hoenn (Congrats PMJ+Athena, SquirtleSquad & ATA)

Hopefully IA will post next round's Thread between tonight and tomorrow, he's away right now IIRC. Can't wait for all of your entries, this is going to be a really interesting month. Just remember, this month the spots, at least in Text-Based, were completely full, and we never know what new people might enter, so try to be aware so you can assure your spot. ;)

What I have been doing for the past 2 days:
Banging my head on the keyboard because Ice Arcues STILL hasn't started the next thread.

Refresh.

Nothing.

Refresh AGAIN.

Nothing.

Unplug Modem and Restart Windows 8?

Still Nothing.

Write Mexican Poetry?

Get Sued. Oh, and Nothing.

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: June 2014 - Hoenn

CMP said:
Reggie McGigas said:
He said he made it himself on paint.net...
Your point being, Reggie? The link directs to pokecard.net.

You can even edit it using the URL, which I have to say is the most ridiculous, or should I say, least

...[SOLID]...

way of doing it.

http://www.pokecard.net/mcmaker/createcard.php?name=Ludicolo&type=Grass&hp=110&stage=Stage2&pred=Lombre&predpicture=&mainpicture=tempimages%2F562645103.png&species=Carefree&length=4%27+11%22&weight=121.3+lbs.&attack1name=Own+Tempo&attack1damage=&power=on&attack1info=Ludicolo+cannot+become+Confused.&attack1cost=&attack2name=Surf&attack2damage=70&attack2info=&attack2cost=wwgc&weakness=&weaknessmod=&resistance=&resistancemod=&retreat=3&flavor=The+rhythm+of+bright%2C+festive+music+activates+Ludicolo%27s+cells%2C%E2%80%8B+making+it+more+powerful.++++Lv.+61+%23272&artist=&bottom=%C2%A91995%2C+96%2C+98+Nintendo%2C+Creatures%2C+GAMEFREAK.&set1=&set2=&rarity=Common

Seriously, it's a terrible idea and to all web developers, new and old, if you do this, I will find you, and I will delete the all copies of it from your computer and the cloud, and your server. [/webdevthreats]

Edit: looked at the OP and the contest style from 2013 is back YAAAAAAAY oh I've never been so happy

I hated the new style this is much better

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: June 2014 - Hoenn

Nod3 said:
CMP said:
Your point being, Reggie? The link directs to pokecard.net.

You can even edit it using the URL, which I have to say is the most ridiculous, or should I say, least

...[SOLID]...

way of doing it.

Seriously, it's a terrible idea and to all web developers, new and old, if you do this, I will find you, and I will delete the all copies of it from your computer and the cloud, and your server. [/webdevthreats]
To make a bad card even worse, click here.

Back