PokéBeach Create-A-Card: June 2014 - Hoenn (Congrats to the winners)

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
cac_june14_zps1477d3e1.jpg

Welcome to the June round of Create-A-Card!

That’s right. Hoenn. To celebrate the announcement of ORAS, I thought it would be a good idea to make this month’s theme related to the region.

In this round, you will have to choose a Hoenn Pokemon to base your card around (#252 - #386). As an artist, you will not be restricted to a specific card era when creating your card.

The ability to form partnerships is available for this round as well!

Members with different talents can work together on a card! That means members get to use their best talents and combine them into the best and most creative card! For example: one of the members focus on illustrations while the other can focus on the card itself.

Members are also free to sign up by themselves. Working in a team is optional!

Artists (illustrators) are free to post in this thread, letting participants know that they are available.

Now is the time to show us your true faking skills and put your best foot forward, and show how well you can create a card!

This contest has two sections, Text Based and Image Based. In text based all you have to do is create a card in text form and post it in here! For the Image based half, you’ll need the help of some software to let your creations come to life. But one thing remains important between both of them, it has to be original.

There are a total of 30 places in this competition, 15 for both sections, and unlike last year, these slots don’t apply for both. Only one. So simply be fast and post down below that you wish to enter, but be fast, these competitions can fill up very quickly! Once you’ve entered you’ll need to create your entry and post it down below, before Friday the 27th of June at 11:00 PM EST. Be careful when posting your entry though, because if you have to edit, or did edit your post you’ll have an instant deduction of 2 points from your overall score, and posting your entry again on a different post also deducts 2 points.

Another note, for those entering Image Based you will have to include this logo OR this one on your card or else your entry won’t be accepted. It was designed by the lovely Nekoban Ryo who continuously creates resources for the faking world and faker himself. Alternate Set Symbol #1, Alternate Set Symbol #2

Scoring

--------
Text-Based
--------

1. Creativity/Originality
    We're all tired of effect-less attacks. Without images, part of the intrigue with text-based fakes is the creativity of Power/Body/Ability/attack effects. Let's see something cool!
    Total: 20 points
    ---
  2. Wording
    Proper wording is also key in designing any fake card. Try to ensure wording is correct for the era of blank you choose; from Classic and Neo to EX, DP, and BW, wording has changed a lot, so be careful! Spelling is also taken into consideration.
    Total: 15 points
    ---
  3. Believability/Playability
    Text-based fakes rely heavily on their believability. Think of your entries as if they were real cards. Try to avoid those 400 HP monsters which do 200 damage for [R]! Proper type (unless Delta-species), Pokédex information, and ballpark HP will be taken into consideration.
Max Points: 50

--------
Image-Based
--------
  1. Creativity/Originality
    This should be a given. With the proper tools, let your imagination run wild! This can involve new gameplay mechanics, blanks, etc.
    Total: 20 points
    ---
  2. Wording
    Proper wording is also key in designing any fake card. Try to ensure wording is correct for the era of blank you choose; from Classic and Neo to EX, DP, and BW, wording has changed a lot, so be careful! Spelling is also taken into consideration.
    ---
  3. Fonts and Placement
    Correct fonts are imperative when creating realistic fakes. Placement isn't quite as important, so long as the fonts/symbols/etc. are in the correct general area.
    Total: 10 points
    ---
  4. Believability/Playability
    Because this division of the contest is so image-heavy, the believability and playability takes a backseat here. However, it's still worth a portion of the total points, so try to keep it in the realm of believable! Proper type (unless Delta-species), Pokédex information, and ballpark HP will be taken into consideration.
    Total: 5 points
Max Points: 50

So that’s the point breakdown for this month’s Create-A-Card. [member]Luispipe8[/member] will be judging the Text Based portion of the contest and [member]CMP[/member] will be judging the Image Based part.

When making your fakes be sure to follow forum rules, if you are using someone else’s art be sure you have their permission to use it or it is otherwise considered art theft.

As per usual have fun and be as creative as you can be and show the world that PB can make the best fake cards!

Deadline: June 27th (Fri.) 11:00pm EST

Anticipated Entrants

[td] Image-Based:
  1. The deadly duo (Athena & PMJ)
  2. Delta
  3. Amperglyph
  4. Heavenly Spoon
  5. Zygarde
  6. bigfootaus
  7. Bazinga001
  8. anabel1406
  9. 9Tailz
  10. Huderon of Canossa
[/td][td] Text-Based:
  1. Mr. Stoopid
  2. GadgetJax
  3. GM DracLord
  4. Keeper of Night
  5. Machamp The Champion
  6. Momaster12
  7. rev3rsor
  8. Reggie McGigas
  9. Squirtle Squad
  10. AlexanderTheAwesome
  11. Auride
  12. bowlerdude04
  13. Vom
  14. Lugia123
  15. PetuEX
[/td]

Bold names means I have seen your entry in this thread.

Want to help advertise the contest? Feel free to use the banner below in your sig!

cac_june14_zps1477d3e1.jpg

Credit goes to [member]Nekoban Ryo[/member] for the amazing banner![/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr]

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: June 2014 - Hoenn

Might want to update that banner for advertising. :p

That said, in! :D Another team-up with PMJ since I couldn't make an actual fake card to save my soul.

In for image!
I'll pair up with myself. *sits in an empty room*

RE: PB Create-A-Card: June 2014 - Hoenn

Sign me up for Text Based! Not too fond of the Hoenn Pokemon, but when there's a good one, oh man, it is a good one!

Delta said:
In for image!
I'll pair up with myself. *sits in an empty room*

Do you draw? I'd be willing to pair up with you, if you like. I can write the text, and you can draw it, if you like.

Glad to see that this is June's theme!

I've definitely got some ideas in mind, so I'll compete in the image contest again.

Meh, not a fan of Hoenn but I guess I can give it a shot. In it for image. Expect Ninjask or something, I guess, whatever.

Time for some crazy Hoenn confirmed crap oAo
I had fun making this, a song popped into my head so I referenced it too :F

Stage 2 Gardevoir HP110
TCGMind

281.png
Evolves from Kirlia

282.png

NO.282 Embrace Pokémon HT: 5'03" WT: 106.7 lbs.

SF-Ability
Trance Overclocker
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may reveal the top 4 cards of your deck. If you do, you may choose a
TCGMind
Energy and a Pokémon from among them, attach the Energy to this Pokémon, and put the Pokémon into your hand. Discard the other cards. You cannot use more than 1 "Trance Overclocker" ability during your turn.

TCGMind
TCGMind
TCGWhite
Outer Science
Choose one of your face down Prize cards, and turn it face up. You may then discard 3 cards from your hand. if you do, put that Prize card into your hand and shuffle this Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your deck. (That Prize card remains face up for the rest of the game.)

weakness
TCGMetal
resistance
SF-None

retreat
TCGWhite
TCGWhite

It apparently does not feel the pull of gravity because it supports itself with psychic power. It will give its life to protect its Trainer.

*prays it isn't broken*

Wow, Feathers, that was fast. :p Good luck to everyone, can't wait for judge all of the entries! :D

Scorched Feathers said:

Stage 2 Gardevoir HP110
TCGMind

281.png
Evolves from Kirlia

282.png

SF-Ability
Trance Overclocker
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may reveal the top 4 cards of your deck. If you do, you may choose a
TCGMind
Energy and a Pokémon from among them, attach the Energy to this Pokémon, and put the Pokémon into your hand. Discard the other cards. You cannot use more than 1 "Trance Overclocker" ability during your turn.

TCGMind
TCGMind
TCGWhite
Outer Science
Choose one of your face down Prize cards, and turn it face up. You may then discard 3 cards from your hand. if you do, put that Prize card into your hand and shuffle this Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your deck. (That Prize card remains face up for the rest of the game.)

weakness
TCGMetal
resistance
SF-None

retreat
TCGWhite
TCGWhite

It apparently does not feel the pull of gravity because it supports itself with psychic power. It will give its life to protect its Trainer.

*prays it isn't broken*

It'll be hard to get into play, but no matter what route you have to go through, taking a Prize Card in any way without knocking out a Pokemon is kind of broken.

After 3 long, painful days, the wait, is finally over. CaC June is up! In for text-based, please!

GadgetJax said:
Scorched Feathers said:

Stage 2 Gardevoir HP110
TCGMind

281.png
Evolves from Kirlia

282.png

SF-Ability
Trance Overclocker
TCGMind

TCGMind
TCGMind
TCGWhite
Outer Science

weakness
TCGMetal
resistance
SF-None

retreat
TCGWhite
TCGWhite

*prays it isn't broken*

It'll be hard to get into play, but no matter what route you have to go through, taking a Prize Card in any way without knocking out a Pokemon is kind of broken.

Is not to be rude, or anything, but do be aware that any comment about a card here won't affect my judging at all. STILL, try not to. ;) And glad to see you here, good luck!

Reggie McGigas said:
why are the signs all messed up @SF

Open the links in a new tab, refresh the page and presto! I caught that like the 2nd month those symbols were used... XD

This was a pretty obvious decision (and yes, I did put some time into it. Don't let the time of entry fool you, I just have almost the entire day for free time)

[Basic] Regirock HP 100
regirock.gif

NO. 377 Rock Peak Pokémon HT: 5'07" WT: 507.1 lbs

[F][C] Braille Beatdown 10
Flip a coin. If heads, search your opponent's deck for a card, reveal it, and place it at the bottom of your opponent's deck.

[F][F][F] Rock Peak Punishment 50+
If your opponent's active Pokémon is a Pokémon-EX, this attack does 150 more damage.

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

It's been a long time since I've done this because of schooling and such, but I'm in for image-based.

Basic - Torkoal - HP90 - [R]

(Ability) Terra Fuel

All [G] energy attached to your [R] Pokémon also provides [R] energy, but only 1 at a time.

[C] Erupting Shatter
For each [R] energy attached to this Pokémon, place 2 damage counters on your opponent's Pokémon in any way you like.

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance: None
Retreat Cost: [C] [C]

It battles using energy it gets from burning coal. When loosing smoke from its nostrils, it lets off a sound that is similar to a locomotive's horn.

I've been working on this one for about 2 days already, for my other thread. However, once I found out we were doing Hoenn, I decided to use it here. Torkoal is my farvorite gen. 3 species =D

Back