PokéBeach Create-A-Card: June 2014 - Hoenn (Congrats to the winners)

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: June 2014 - Hoenn

bigfootaus said:
Two image-based entrants still have to submit their cards, CMP! =P
But it's totally okay if they don't because speedy results are awesome wow
Thank you for noticing it's two, not three...

I hope Ice-senpai will notice me...

bigfootaus said:
Two image-based entrants still have to submit their cards, CMP! =P
But it's totally okay if they don't because speedy results are awesome wow
I know. :(

Last minute entries....Luis and CMP no likely!!

Amperglyph said:
Thank you for noticing it's two, not three...

I hope Ice-senpai will notice me...
Don't worry, Amperglyph...I noticed (and judged) you!

I'll post in advance, just to let you guys now:

I had some University registry documentation to do at last minute and just got back to judging. I'm just missing entries from PetuEX and on(taking into consideration entries order and not entering order in the main page), leaving only 5 entries to go. I might as well finish them within here and the deadline, but there's a slight chance I'll have to post them or 1 hour later OR tomorrow, about 14 hours from now if sleep beats me. Still, I'll do my best to get them tonight. I promise this won't happen next month, it was just the end of semester+league business+a lot of other stuff coming together, so, next month I'll be completely free and most probably judge the entries the night they're posted.

TL;DR: Results might be an hour or 16 hours late, won't happen next month.

Luispipe8 said:

I had some University registry documentation to do at last minute and just got back to judging. I'm just missing entries from PetuEX and on(taking into consideration entries order and not entering order in the main page), leaving only 5 entries to go. I might as well finish them within here and the deadline, but there's a slight chance I'll have to post them or 1 hour later OR tomorrow, about 14 hours from now if sleep beats me. Still, I'll do my best to get them tonight. I promise this won't happen next month, it was just the end of semester+league business+a lot of other stuff coming together, so, next month I'll be completely free and most probably judge the entries the night they're posted.

Pffffffffffft. You think 1-16 hours is late? Clearly you don't know your co-judge well enough. ;)

Machamp The Champion said:
Luispipe8 said:

Pffffffffffft. You think 1-16 hours is late? Clearly you don't know your co-judge well enough. ;)
Eyyy -10 points for you!

I left PokéBeach because of reasons that don't need to be discussed here. Since I've come back, I've submitted judging at 11:01PM each month. My judging was on time when I ran CaC, and when DNA did, neither of us were very good about deadlines. :p

Judging is a long, arduous process.

CMP said:
Eyyy -10 points for you!

I left PokéBeach because of reasons that don't need to be discussed here. Since I've come back, I've submitted judging at 11:01PM each month. My judging was on time when I ran CaC, and when DNA did, neither of us were very good about deadlines. :p

I've got to agree, that was a low punch... XD Anyways, I do hope to finish by the next hour. ;) I'm about to judge Momaster now, so only 3 entries to go!

CMP said:
Eyyy -10 points for you!

You're not judging text Have you? Well, that shows how much I remember things. I also forgot DNA could be slow, too.

I know judging isn't an easy task; It was just meant to be a joke. Sorry if it came off as rude.

PokéBeach Create-A-Card: June 2014 - Hoenn: RESULTS ARE UP!!

Text Based:

Ye ol Fraxure said:
Stage 2 Gardevoir HP110
TCGMind

281.png
Evolves from Kirlia

282.png

NO.282 Embrace Pokémon HT: 5'03" WT: 106.7 lbs.

SF-Ability
Trance Overclocker
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may reveal the top 4 cards of your deck. If you do, you may choose a
TCGMind
Energy and a Pokémon from among them, attach the Energy to this Pokémon, and put the Pokémon into your hand. Discard the other cards. You cannot use more than 1 "Trance Overclocker" ability during your turn.

TCGMind
TCGMind
TCGWhite
Outer Science
Choose one of your face down Prize cards, and turn it face up. You may then discard 3 cards from your hand. if you do, put that Prize card into your hand and shuffle this Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your deck. (That Prize card remains face up for the rest of the game.)

weakness
TCGMetal
resistance
SF-None

retreat
TCGWhite
TCGWhite

It apparently does not feel the pull of gravity because it supports itself with psychic power. It will give its life to protect its Trainer.

I knew someone would use Gardevoir, it was pretty obvious. :p Let's piece this dancer apart:

Creativity/Originality: 20/20pts
An outstandingly creative card, I've gotta say. The way it manipulates prizes is unique and the Ability is almost never seen, and that W/R combination looks nice. Liked it.

Wording: 13/15pts
Well, let's see: In the Abilty it should say "...Pokémon from among them you find there, attach the..." (Reference: Rayquaza-EX), and the comma afterwards shouldn't be there. Apart from that, no other mistakes. Nice!

Believability/Playability: 15/15pts
That card looks like the gimmicky card every set has, I like it a lot. The Ability's and Attack's requirements seem balanced enough.

The card was actually pretty good, Scorch, as usual, just keep an eye on those little things. Use your experience as a Judge to help you out, ok? ;) Nice work this month!

Total Score: 48/50pts
Inspector Gadget said:
Basic - Torkoal - HP90 - [R]

(Ability) Terra Fuel

All [G] energy attached to your [R] Pokémon also provides [R] energy, but only 1 at a time.

[C] Erupting Shatter
For each [R] energy attached to this Pokémon, place 2 damage counters on your opponent's Pokémon in any way you like.

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance: None
Retreat Cost: [C] [C]

It battles using energy it gets from burning coal. When loosing smoke from its nostrils, it lets off a sound that is similar to a locomotive's horn.

Wow, the future in electric vehicles. Maybe every airplane and such should have a Torkoal-Based engine soon! XD Let's do this:

Creativity/Originality: 18/20pts
Amazing concept in the Ability, no doubt. And the attack does seems some sort of unique, although used before in some way, so, great job!

Wording: 12/15pts
Well, to begin with, "Energy"should be capitalised. Then, even though the Ability and Attack aren't wrongly worded, they can be re-worded for better understanding: In the Ability, it could say "but provides only 1 Energy at a time." (Reference: Rainbow Energy). And also, the Attack could be written: "Place 2 damage counters on your opponent's Pokémon in any way you like for each [R] Energy attached to this Pokémon,". Apart from that, there's nothing more, so nicely done!

Believability/Playability: 14/15pts
Although this card does seem underwhelming at first glance, believe me, it is NOT. Combine this with Emboar and/or Virizion-EX and get 9 Energies into Torkoal and that thing wrecks any Pokémon in the bench except for Megas. And even if you don't, chances are you'll find 2 low HP Pokés to take out. Yes, it can be KO'd back easily, but it's a very good prize trade. But apart from that, I like the fact that it can be shielded by Virizion-EX by providing Energy at the same time, so not everything is bad! :D

It was a very good concept you had there, Gadget, I really liked it. The mistakes you made are actually very common for people that just entered, so don't give up and improve for next month! :D

Total Score: 44/50pts
Keeper of the Bomb said:
[C] Slaking 150 HP
Stage 2 (evolves from Vigoroth)
289.gif

Ability: Contagious Laziness
As long as this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, your opponent cannot play any Supporter cards from his or her hand.

[C][C] Slack Off
Heal all damage from this Pokémon. This Pokémon is now Asleep.

[C][C][C] Giga Impact - 120
Discard all Energy attached to this Pokémon. This Pokémon is now Asleep.

W: [F] R: ___ Retreat: [C][C][C][C]
It is the world's most slothful Pokémon. However, it can exert horrifying power by releasing pent-up energy all at once.

[sarcasm]Oh, a sleepy Slaking, I never thought of that[/sarcasm] :p Let's wake him up:

This card is so vanilla... Ability already used, Attacks not really unconventional, common wording overall... However, it's simple enough to be Original. The points I take out are, of course, for Creativity. :p

Wording: 14/15pts
If I find a minor error in any card, I usually count them as -1 if they are 2 or more of them, and this is the case: You forgot to capitalize "Pokémon" both times in the Ability. Good thing you did it in the rest! XD But apart from that, almost perfect wording! finally!!!

Actually, as well as it's Dragons Exalted counterpart, is pretty balanced because you can only take full potential of it with Virizion-EX or the Gown thingy revealed in Rising Fist; and also needs a whopping 4 Energy to be played, but it CAN be played, so it a perfect balance! :D

I actually didn't thought that this snore machine could be any good, but you proved me wrong. :p Nice job, KoN, good luck next time!

Total Score: 47/50pts
Your friendly neighborhood Regi fan said:
[Basic] Regirock HP100 [F]
regirock.gif

NO. 377 Rock Peak Pokémon HT: 5'07" WT: 507.1 lbs

[F][C] Braille Beatdown 10
Flip a coin. If heads, search your opponent's deck for a card, reveal it, and place it at the bottom of your opponent's deck.

[F][F][F] Rock Peak Punishment 50+
If your opponent's active Pokémon is a Pokémon-EX, this attack does 150 more damage.

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

This Pokémon was created by Regigigas. Scientists are still baffled as to how this happened.

Should I be surprised you chose a Regi for this month...? XD

Well, for this, you actually did amazingly! Both attacks are very original(I'll go down to Rock Peak Punishment later), and you worked it out greatly. Nice job! ;)

Just a minor thing, but I believe the first attack should be:

Flip a coin. If heads, search your opponent's deck for a card and reveal it. Shuffle you opponent's deck and place that card in the bottom of it.

That's for all fairness' sake. XD

Believability/Playability: 10/15pts
Ok, you crashed against an obsidian wall. This card is SO broken I'm not wanting to ever exist!! D: Place this card into any energy manipulation deck such as Fairies, Hydreigon and the such and you have a OHKO against an EX while giving up only one prize. It's something that TCPi would print only if the EX's started to get printed with 500HP, so... yeah. The only reason why I don't take away more points is because, well, it is not easy to pull out, but once it does... you cry.

Too bad, Reggie, it looks like last month's Reggie took a vacation. TT.TT I want to see that Reggie back in July, ok?! ;)

Total Score: 44/50pts
The Rogue Squirtles said:
[size=x-small]Stage 1
The Rogue Squirtles said:
Shedinja HP80
20px-Grass-attack.png

[sprite]290[/sprite] Evolves from Nincada

292.gif

NO.292 Shed Pokémon HT: 2'07" WT: 2.6 lbs.

SF-Ability
Wonder Guard
Prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from your opponent's Pokémon. If this Pokémon would be damaged by an attack from your opponent's
20px-Fire-attack.png
Pokémon, this Pokémon is Knocked Out instead.

20px-Grass-attack.png
20px-Grass-attack.png
Silent Swipe
Put damage counters on your opponent's Active Pokémon equal to the amount of Energy attached to all of your Pokémon.

weakness
20px-Fire-attack.png
x2 resistance
20px-Fighting-attack.png

retreat

A discarded bug shell that came to life. Peering into the crack on its back is said to steal one's spirit

I've always wondered why I haven't died when I played with Shedinja in the VG, because of it's Dex description... But oh, well... XD

I need to say it, it's one of the most crazy, wicked and original cards I've seen. You used Wonder Guard in a fantastic way, and the attack is something I've not seen before this format. Excellent work!

Wording: 15/15pts
No errors at all in the cards, and the wording is coherent with the XY Era. Nicely done!

It's a good card, I find it as a good TCPi material for a future set, and it's also very balanced even though it doesn't seen like it, mostly because it only blocks damage. Conditions and damage counters go past this, and now Fire is a big deal, so it shouldn't be OP.

It's nice to see a simple, yet unique card to get this score, and also they way I started in this: Perfect Score on your first entry! Congratulations, Squirtle, keep up the amazing work!!

Total Score: 50/50pts
That guy who likes either Dracula or Dragons said:
Sceptile δ delta species 100 HP [P/M]
STAGE 2 - Evolves from Grovyle {This Pokémon is both [P], [M] type}

[Poké-POWER] Poison Ivy
Once during your turn (before your attack), when you attached a [P] energy card from your hand to Sceptile, you may put an Ivy marker on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon (excluding any Pokémon that has δ on its card). This power can't be used if Sceptile is affected by a Special Condition.

[P][C] Power Share 30
You may move an energy card attached to Sceptile to one of your Benched Pokémon.

[P][M][C][C] Forest's Redemption 50
Put 1 damage counter on each of your opponent's Pokémon that have Ivy marker on it.

weakness - [R]
resistance -
retreat cost - [C][C]

As I said before, looking for reference on this stone age-old things is always difficult because, even though I did played a lot of these cards the time my League played Unlimited, It wasn't that long, but here we go...

Creativity/Originality: 19/20pts
Good ability overall, messing with markers is always fun. Attacks a bit vanilla, but not that much, actually, so I see it very original. Nice doing, Drac!

The hard part was all done... and turned out to have no mistakes. XD Nice job here!

We saw the Shock-wave and Imprison markers somewhere around that time, so Ican buy it except for one thing: They were induced by Pokémon-ex. The only tiny little thing that holds up here is that it might be A LITTLE bit unbalanced that such strategy doesn't have that 2 prize drawback, but apart from that, it's all good!

Wow, Drac, amazing work this month, keep it up!

The one who's on the periodic table said:
Stage 1 Grumpig HP90
20px-Psychic-attack.png

Evolves from Spoink
grumpig.gif

NO. 326 Manipulate Pokémon HT: 2'11'' WT: 157.6 lbs.

SF-Ability
Manipulation Burn
As often as you like during your turn (before you attack), you may discard an Energy card attached to one of your Pokémon. If you do, move an Energy attached to one of your opponent's benched Pokémon to another of his or her Pokémon

20px-Psychic-attack.png
TCGWhite
Magic Dance
Your opponent may attach up to 2 basic Energy cards from his or her hand to his or her Pokémon in any way he or she likes. For each Energy card your opponent attaches in this way, attach a basic Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your benched Pokémon.

weakness
20px-Psychic-attack.png
×2 resistance
SF-None

retreat
TCGWhite
TCGWhite

Alright, another newcomer, nice! Let's what this Grumpig has in store for us:

An amazingly creative card, and a pretty trolly one, BTW. The attack is also nice, so nice going!

Just a minor error: It should say: "your turn(before your attack)". And also you missed a period in the end, but it's a small one I'm passing because it was only once.

Believability/Playability: 13/15pts
Here's the thing: the card is good, it's balanced and everything. But, being a mega-trolling Pokémon is not funny because of one thing: Emboar/Blastoise exists. If you use them with this Poké, you can attach as many Energy as you want to a Poké, move 4 DCE and 4 Prism to some random Poké like, I don't know, Aromatisse, and that's that. Even Aromatisse can't attack! :p Is SO trolly that I doubt TCPi ever releases something exactly like it.

Wow, an amazing work to be your first entry, Auride! Keep up that good work and hope to see you win this next month!

Total Score: 47/50pts
The Bowler Dude said:
Altaria 100 HP [N]
Stage 1 Pokémon - Evolves from Swablu

334.gif

No. 334 Humming Pokémon HT: 3'07", WT: 45.4 lbs

[Ability] Cotton Shield
Any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks is reduced by 30
for each Energy card attached to it that provides [C].

[W] Cloud Nine
Draw cards until you have 9 cards in your hand.

[Y][C][C] Clear Song -- 40
Until the end of your next turn, each Special Energy attached
to each Pokémon in play provides only [C].

Weakness: [Y] x2
Resistance: [F] -20
Retreat Cost: [C]

Its cloud-like wings allow it to almost float on the sky with ease. It
sings a beautiful song, but it tends to stay away from humans.

I love how many newcomers we've had so far, let's keep this going!

Cloud Nine=Draw until 9... XDDDDD That's one of the greatest card puns I've seen. :p So in all seriousness, the card is amazingly original. Effects never seen before, amazing creativity, and also some nice W/R to top it off! Points well earned!

Almost perfect wording, I just think that after the Ability it should say "that provides only [C]", because, technically, EVERY energy provides [C]. But apart from that, no errors whatsoever and you adapted your attacks to XY-Era properly. Nice!

This card is a bit over-powered, but thankfully not that much. Let's say it uses Clear Song with a Fairy and a DCE. Until next turn, Altaria would resist only 30 damage, and it won't be able to attack because DCE becomes... CE? :p I guess it's a good gimmicky ability, and although somewhat abuseable (resisting 50 with a Hard Cham is actually not bad, but you can stack it up by attaching a bunch of Special Energy), I like it.

Overall, a fantastic card, bowlerdude, I hope to see this amazing work next month! :D

Vom...it...? said:
|
[Basic] Salamence EX HP180 [D]
salamence.gif

NO. 373 Dragon Pokémon HT: 4'11" WT: 226.2 lbs

Ability: Dragon's Rage
Once during your turn, (before your attack) if any of your Pokémon were Knocked Out by a [G], [D], [Y], [W], or [D] Pokémon during your opponent's last turn, you may switch this Pokémon with your Active Pokémon. If you do, each of this Pokémon's attacks do 30 more damage to all Pokémon affected by the attack during this turn.

[W] Mach Impact 50
Does 50 damage to a number of your opponent's Benched Pokémon up to the number of Energy cards he or she attached during his or her last turn.
[R] [R][W] Aerial Crash 100+
This attack does 30 more damage for each Trainer card your opponent played during his or her last turn.

Resistance: [F] -20
Retreat: [C]
When a Pokémon EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize Cards.
This Pokémon becomes uncontrollable if enraged. It destroys everything with shredding claws and fire.

The first EX in the round! Let's hit it!

Everything is very creative, the attacks look fine, nice Ability... I think I made my point. :p Nice job!

Well, just one error: When you augment damage from an attack and you want to specify it only affects when targeting the Active/Defending, you must clarify it does. However, when you want to augment damage regardless of who it targets, you just say it without specifying. I don't have a certain card to place as a reference, but I do can place the Fennekin League Challenge Scorecard, which did affected benched Pokémon.

Believability/Playability: 10/15pts
Well, believe it or not, this card is actually a bit broken. Literally, half of the decks will give you this damage boost the Abilty says, and Mach Impact would hurt the same amount of decks and more because, combined with a knockout, you can pour 80's like there's no tomorrow. And also, Aerial Crash can reach 190+ with 3 Trainers that your opponent plays. And to top it off, it's a Basic EX!! That, my friend, is broken as hell. D: Yes, it requires 2 types of Energy, but Rainbow Energy just laughs at it. Make it a MEGA or make every attack cost [C][C] more and it MIGHT be a bit more balanced, but still, if I see one of these get played sometime, it'll make me think seriously about if I want to keep playing the game...

Edit Penalty: -2pts

It was a nice card, nice concept and pretty good overall, Vom, too bad is THAT broken. Take this suggestions in mind and I hope you do way better next time! :D

Total Score: 42/50pts
The big-handed bird said:
Linoone EX HP 150 ©

©© Mineral Tunnel
Choose one of your Pokemon. Search your deck for 2 energy cards that are the same type as that Pokemon and attach them to that Pokemon. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

©©©©© Deep Down
Search your deck for a number of energy cards equal to the number of energy cards attached to this Pokemon and the defending Pokemon and attach them to your benched Pokemon in any way you like. Shuffle your deck afterwards. This Pokemon and the defending Pokemon are now knocked out.

Weakness: [F] Resistance: Retreat: ©©

Wow, a Linoone-EX. I never thought I'd live to see something like that. What's next, Magikarp-EX? Bidoof-EX? Primal Helix Fossil?!?! D: Hehe, but jokes aside, let's do this:

Even though the attacks aren't as good as you would think(but we'll get to that), they are in fact very unique, or at least the second one. The first one does fits the Energy Acceleration a lot of Pokémon have now, so that's a bit lousy. But that apart, you did a nice work!

Wording: 7/15pts
First of all, I tried and tried to find a better way to re-write Mineral Tunnel, but just couldn't find anything, so I guess you got away with that. However, I'll list your mistakes rather than write it because it's easier:
-Non-accented "é"s: -1pt
-Lowercase "Defending": -1pt
-Lowercase "Energy": -1pt
-Lowercase "Knocked Out": -1pt
-No "Basic" in the top: -1pt
-No EX Rule!!!: -3pts

Seriously, the EX rule IS a big deal. Remember all of this for next time, ok?

Believability/Playability: 12/15pts
It's funny, because I'm not taking points or it being overpowered, but completely the opposite. This card is SO bad it won't see play at all. :p It's really not worth it to invest 5 Energy, get ~7 from your deck into your bench, and then lose the 5 Energy you attacked to Linoone. Yes, you knock out the opponent's Active and can stream Linoones just with this attack and some Super Rods and such, but unless Linoone get's an Ability similar to Lugia-EX's one, it's a terrible Prize trade. I don't think that reducing the attack cost is gonna do something, but I'd still reduce Both attack's Energy Requirements by [C] just to make it a bit better.

Wow, I had such high expectations for this. Hopefully you take note from this and come back next month, because, boy, you have potential. ;)

Total Score: 37/50pts
A non-existing EX said:
[Basic] Latios 90 HP [N]

[prettyLatiosPic.jpeg]

[Ability] Tag Team
If Latias or Latias-EX is on your bench, all of This Pokemon's attacks do 50 more damage .

[P][C] Luster Purge 30
Flip a coin, if heads all damage done to the defending Pokemon on your next turn is increased by 30 .

[W][P][C] Dragon Pulse 120
Discard an Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness: [N]x2 Resistance: [F]-20 Retreat:

Ok, Latios, one of my favorite! :D Let's see if it's worth it:

Creativity/Originality: 16/20pts
Well, TBH, we've seen those Latios + Latias combos since AGES ago up until Dragon Vault's Latias and Latios; and they are most probably going to keep doing it. So, this makes it too... predictable and unoriginal. And so do the attack are also pretty vanilla, no originality there. I hope to see some new things next time, ok?

Wording: 11/15pts
In the Ability, it should say "each of this Pokémon's attacks", and in the attack it should be "during your next turn[/b]. Also, you forgot to accent the "é"s in "Pokémon" and to capitalize "Defending". Little things to notice for next round.

Believability/Playability: 11/15pts
In terms of being Believability, well, it does seen logical for it to be printed except for one thing: Balance. It's extremely overpowered. Hitting for 170 just for having Latias on the bench is not funny. I'd say that reducing the Ability's boost to 20 AND Latios' attack by 30 might do it, because not even Garchomp-EX or Greninja-EX can hit that hard and have the exact same drawback.

Well, even though you might not have done the best, but I know that you can get better just by taking what I said into consideration. Hope to see you next month!

Total Score: 38/50pts
The late guy said:
Skitty - BASIC 60 HP [C]
Poké-POWER Breed
Once during your turn (before your attack), if Wailord is in play, you may search your deck for a Pokémon with Skitty or Wailmer in its name, show it to your opponent, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. You can't use more than 1 Breed Poké-Power each turn. This power can't be used if Skitty is affected by a Special Condition.
[C][C] Captivate
Flip a coin. If heads, damage done by attacks from the Defending Pokémon is reduced by 30 during your opponent's next turn (after applying Weakness and Resistance).
weakness [F]
resistance -30 [P]
retreat cost [C]
June 2014 CaC 19/30 Uncommon

Another pre-BW card... Let's see how this goes:

That hot Skitty on Wailord action was adapted perfectly to the TCG wile leaving it PG13, kudos!! xD Although the attack does seem a bit too common, so just a couple points there.

Perfect wording! I was about to discuss "afterward", but then forgot this was EX-Series. XD

Well, I can actually see this as a nice gimmicky card in the game! would buy 9 of them just to place in a full binder page. :p A very balanced attack, a not-so-abusable Ability. I like it!

Wow, rev, you always surprise me how so simple cards can turn out to be that great. Excellent work this month!

The Text-Based newbie said:
BASIC || Sableye || HP70 || [D]

302.gif

NO. 302 Darkness Pokémon HT: 1'08" WT: 24.3 lbs

[Ability] Strange Disturbance
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may move an Energy from one of your opponent's Pokémon to another of your opponent's Pokémon. If you do, discard an Energy attached to this Pokémon. If you cannot discard an Energy you may not use this ability.

[D][D][D] Diamond in the Rough 20+
This attack does 10 more damage times the number of [D] energy in your discard pile.

Resistance:
Retreat: [C]
It dwells in the darkness of caves. It uses its sharp claws to dig up gems to nourish itself.

Hey. why this isn't a Mega Sableye?! Hehe, ok, ok, let's judge:

Another Energy trolling card. :p I have to give you max score here, the attack is something that I haven't seen before bar Kingdra PLF. Nice job!

Wording: 13/15pts
2 things: First of all, I think the Ability could be reworded/moved around to fit the era's wording, like:

Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard an Energy attached to this Pokémon.If you do, move an Energy from one of your opponent's Pokémon to another of your opponent's Pokémon.

Sounds better, right? And second, you forgot to capitalize "Energy" in the attack. :p Just little things.

Well, yeah, it's nicely written and has everything in place for it to be an actual card, including a crappy attack to pair up with a somewhat usable Ability. Excellent work!

Fantastic job for your first Text entry, Momaster, congrats!!

Mr. I Have 1000 Posts said:
Stage 1 Camerupt HP 100
20px-Fighting-attack.png

Evolves from Numel

camerupt_gif_by_gloomymyth-d7b5oev.gif

NO. 323 Eruption Pokémon HT: 6'03" WT: 485.0 lbs

SF-Ability
Solid Rock
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may attach a
20px-Fighting-attack.png
Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Benched Pokémon. If you do, put 1 damage counter on this Pokémon

20px-Fighting-attack.png
20px-Colorless-attack.png
Magma Quake 60
If this Pokémon has any
20px-Fire-attack.png
Energy attached to it, heal 50 damage from this Pokémon.

weakness
20px-Water-attack.png

resistance
SF-None

retreat
TCGWhite
TCGWhite

It has miniature volcanoes on its back that erupt when angered.

Nice thing placing Swampert in the spoiler, fell for it right away. XDD But on the card:

Wow, those effects are actually very good! Very creative card overall, and also gave Fighting an Energy acceleration. Nice!

No errors whatsoever! Great job!

You gave Fighting the best Energy acceleration it could ever have, because it's good enough to give it playability but not as abusable for it to be broken. The attack is also very good, Fire Energy or not, so, nice going!

Nice, Alex, I believe you should place this in your 1001 posts special. Congrats, and hope to see you in July to defend the crown! :D

Total Score: 50/50pts
The Lazy Mod said:
Stage 1 // Swalot HP120 [P]
(Evolves from Gulpin)

NO. 317 Poison Bag Pokémon HT: 5'07'' WT: 176.4lbs.
Ability: Enhancing Drool
Each of your [P] Pokémon's attacks cost [C] more and do 30 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[P] Absorb Power 30
If your opponent's Active Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from this attack, search your deck for a number of basic Energy cards equal to the number Energy attached to that Pokémon and attach them to your Benched Pokémon in any way you like. Shuffle your deck afterward.

weakness [P]
resistance
retreat [C][C]

When Swalot spots prey, it spurts out a hideously toxic fluid from its pores and sprays the target. Once the prey has weakened, this Pokémon gulps it down whole with its cavernous mouth.

A Swalot, gooey!! D: Hehe, let's see:

Nothing seen before, I like it! That Abiliy, though weird, is actually very nice, and the attack is very interesting too. Nice job, Machamp!

Nothing to say, nothing's wrong here, keep moving.

Believability/Playability: 13/15pts
I can actually see this as an upcming card, TBH. There's just one thing that scares me: it's stackable with itself. Make a quad Swalot/Milotic deck and you have, with 4 Swalot and a Muscle Band/Silver Bangle, a 170/180 attack with 5 Energy, powered by DCE, from a Stage 1 with no drawback, but with as chance to fuel another attacker if the current one is KO'd. It IS difficult to pull this out, but when it does... cry. Hard. :p

It was an actually very good card, Machamp, just a few blots away from winning. Better luck next month, pal! :D

So, the top four are:

4th Place: A tie between GadgetJax's green Torkoal and Reggie McGigas' rock-hard Regirock, both getting 44/50pts.
3rd Place: A tie between Keeper of Night's Slaking and Auride's Grumpig, both hitting 47/50pts.
2nd Place: A multiple tie between Scorched Feathers' Gardevoir, GM Draclord's Sceptile, bowlerdude's Altaria, rev3rsor's Skitty, Momaster12's Sableye and [mod]Machamp The Champion[/mod]'s Swalot, all scoring 48/50pts.
1st Place: Not one, but TWO: The newcomer SquirtleSquad with his Shedinja and AlexanderTheAwesome with his Camerupt, both earning the prefect 50/50pts score!!

Image Based:

9Tailz:
Absol_Card.png

Interesting choice to use a HGSS blank for a Hoenn Pokémon. I really like how you made Xous’ artwork blend in with the background by adding the red; it really makes it look like it fits (instead of just being plastered onto a random background). You’re correct, though, in that the fonts look off. Are you using Gil Sans and the like? Be sure to line up the HP and HP total – the number is higher than the HP portion. The stats bar font looks wrong, too – should be Frutiger LT Std. The Poké-Power symbol and attack cost should be almost lined up with the bar above the Pokédex entry (but to the right about 1 pixel) – so both need to be moved to the left. Some errors in the Power’s wording: it should be “onto your Bench,” not “to your Bench.” Use “put” instead of “place” when talking about adding damage counters to a Pokémon. The last sentence should be italicized, and “Poké-Power” should be on the same line. Also, remember that starting in the EX-era, all cards’ effect text should be justified (when blacks of text are spaced so the left and right sides of the text block both have a straight edge). The attack damage should be much further to the right, and when the effect text is justified, the two should line up as seen here. The Pokédex entry should be a smaller font and closer to the bar above. The W/R/RC symbols should line up (your RC is too high compared to the W/R). A set/promo number would’ve also bumped up the Believability, most cards have them. Otherwise, everything else seems like it would befit a real Absol card, though perhaps a RC of [C] would’ve been slightly better. Great work!

Creativity/Originality: 17/20
(Decent Poké-Power fitting for an Absol, but a standard, no-effect attack)
Wording: 13/15
(Use of ‘to’ instead of ‘onto,’ ‘place’ instead of ‘put,’ not italicizing the last sentence)
Fonts and Placement: 4/10
(Fonts don’t match on name, HP, effect text, stats bar, Pokédex entry, etc. misaligned HP and 70, effect text not justified, Power and attacks symbols incorrectly placed, W/R/RC symbols misaligned, Pokédex entry too large and misplaced)
Believability/Playability: 4.5/5
(Try to include some kind of card number, would’ve preferred a RC of [C] for such a weak card)
Total: 38.5/50
Amperglyph:
SunnyCastformPromoCAC03_zps1da18785.png

Another interesting blank from Amperglyph this month! While both of your entries have been wonderful, I must say that this one feels like it fits much better in the Pokémon TCG. There are still some design choices I question (the new font for “BASIC” and the red/blue on the border). I understand why you chose the red/blue one the border but it stands out and looks…cheap, though it looks beautiful on the rest of the card. Perhaps making it more subtle would be best? For all of my criticisms with the design, though, there are other choices I love: the Pokéball design surrounding the ‘dex entry, for one! The overall theme of the card is wonderful – hot, summer days (all too familiar as I type this in 95° heat) using not just one but three Hoenn Pokémon. Minor issue on the stats bar: there should be a space between the weight number and lbs. Solar Companion should read, “If Groudon or Solrock is in play, Sunny Castform gets +30 HP. Sunny Castform’s Ultraviolet attack now has the additional effect “The Defending Pokémon is now Burned.” I used Darkrai LV. X for reference, but with ‘additional’ added to ensure it doesn’t replace what’s already there. You don’t need ‘a,’ nor do any cards from later series I’ve found use the ‘either yours or your opponent’s’ condition. Remember than in attacks, you should use “Defending Pokémon” instead of “your opponent’s Active Pokémon.” Therefore, it should read, “If there is no Pokémon Tool card attached to Sunny Castform or the Defending Pokémon, this attack does 30 damage plus 20 more damage.” Because you’re using “Sunny Castform” by name, I’m using wording DP and earlier, not BW-XY. Font and placement check out, although the HP and HP total aren’t lined up – the number is a few pixels lower. Again, I question your decision to have large spaces between lines in the effect text (aim for a leading ±3 of your text size). When cards have Abilities, the name of the attack needs to line up with the name of the Ability. Close to full marks on Believability this time, save for the fact all Castform released so far have the ability to switch between forms – it wouldn’t have fit with the theme, but alas, it’s part of Castform’s shtick. Still, you’ve managed to outdo yourself this month, Amperglyph! You took what I told you last month to heart and created another fine piece of work. Great job!
Creativity/Originality: 20/20
(Again, can anyone argue with this score?)
Wording: 11/15
(Multiple small errors scattered throughout both effects, use of ‘Active Pokémon’ in an attack, mixing up BW-XY wording with earlier wording, etc.)
Fonts and Placement: 7.5/10
(Misaligned HP, missing space in the stats bar, not lining up Ability/attack names)
(A Castform that doesn’t waste a Power/Ability spot on a form switch – cool, but not something any Castform has yet to do)
Total: 43/50
bigfootaus:
mudkip_by_jedi201-d7nb5iz.png

I HERD U LIEK MUDKIPZ…I do, I do! What better Pokémon to represent the Hoenn theme this month than the meme master itself. HP seem about right for a current-era Mudkip, though the font looks off, and the ‘HP’ and ‘60’ aren’t properly aligned. The stats text also looks off (it looks to be too narrow, the proper font is Frutiger Std Light at 115% width). Additionally, you’re missing a period after ‘lbs.’ Some minor wording errors in the Ability; use ‘put’ instead of ‘place,’ ‘onto’ instead of ‘on,’ and ‘afterward’ instead of ‘afterwards.’ You repeated the ‘put/place’ and ‘on/onto’ mistakes in the attack. It would appear you used a slightly larger font in the attack effect than the Ability effect; both should be the same size. The leading (space between lines) is too great, too…shoot for a leading ±3 of your text size. Also regarding your effect text…the text boxes should be equidistant from the card borders, and it would appear as if your text boxes are closer to the left side of the card than the right. Weakness placement is pretty good, but I would move the RC symbol to the right more, as seen here. The leading also looks off on the Pokédex info; there appears to be more of a space between the first and second line than the second and third. Otherwise, the overall power level seems appropiate for a Mudkip. I really like how you incorporated the Lotad in the picture in the Ability. Just be sure to compare your wording and placement to that of official cards; it’ll help immensely. Nice work this month, bigfootaus!

Creativity/Originality: 18/20
(Nothing stands out, but the Ability works well with the image)
Wording: 13.5/15
(Multiple small wording errors scattered throughout both effects)
Fonts and Placement: 5.75/10
(Misaligned HP, narrow stats bar, spacing errors in effect/Pokédex text, different size fonts used in Ability/attack text, RC symbol misplaced)
(Seems like it could be a decent Mudkip)
Total: 41.75/50
Delta:
tumblr_n72plq3lOt1snsyxqo1_500.png

Our wonderful mod enters the fray once again and what a fine looking card! I just love the style you used for the art (please do some Kalos Pokémon in that style for Redux… /shamelessplug)! While not a huge deal on their own, both the name and HP are more than a few pixels too high (and the HP is too far from the Energy symbol), so I’ll take a blanket 1 point off here. Additionally, in the EX-era, the maximum HP Medicham had was 80. The “Illus.” text is high (it should be only a pixel above the bottom edge of the bar). The wording for Energy Ball should be, “Does 10 damage times the number of Energy attached to each player’s Active Pokémon.” It looks like you misplaced the Psychic Energy – it sort of appears you originally had it cost [C][C], but decided to change it to [P][C] and pasted the new symbol on top of the old one, as some is still peeking out. Additionally, the “x” in the attack damage should be bolded. I’d also consider moving the effect text up in both attacks, as in these examples, you can see that when there is a p, y, g, etc. in the attack name, the effect text comes closer to reaching it. As for the second attack, I can’t recall any generation using the phrase “If the player” – it’s usually “If you” or “If your opponent,” or in this context, “If [the Pokémon].” Cards don’t use “did not,” either – always “didn’t” nor do they use “previous” – use “last.” Wording should be, then, “If Medicham didn’t attack during your last turn, this attack does 50 damage plus 30 more damage.” I still think it’s a little high (compare to other cards that do 40 per turn for [Colored Energy][C][C], but as most Colored Energy for Stage 1 (or is it really Stage 2 :p) Pokémon provide about 20 damage (each) and that’s what it averages out to, I suppose it’s fine. I’d also consider shrinking the CaC symbol to fit it between the rarity symbol and card border, where the EX-era Trainer’s Pokémon put the trainer icon, or in the image itself like this Metang. As it stands, it just looks sort of…tacked on. Still, it’s a beautiful card and we need to see more of you in these CaCs!

Creativity/Originality: 18/20
(Nothing about the attacks stands out in particular)
Wording: 12.5/15
(Some missteps with both attack effects, use of ‘previous’)
Fonts and Placement: 7/10
(Name/HP placement, Psychic Energy in attack cost, ‘x’ not bolded, effect text placement, strange CaC symbol placement)
Believability/Playability: 3/5
(High HP for EX-era Medicham, and it’s a Stage 2 now, apparently :p)
-2 points (for editing)
Total: 38.5/50
Huderon of Canossa:
Cacturne_zps5f729735.png
You said text is your weak point? Oh no, my friend, those are some pretty original effects! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a card (be it official or fake) which utilizes rarity. Touché. I do see some issues with fonts, however. The “Evolves from…” text should be Frutiger LT Std Bold Italic. Additionally, the HP width looks too thin – is it Futura Std at 88%? I’m not taking points off for it, as it’s hard to tell, so I’m just letting you know for future reference! The stats bar text looks a little off, too – slightly too wide, perhaps? What font did you use? There should be a larger space between each part (the number, species, height, and weight), and the correct weight is 170.6 lbs., not 170.06 lbs. As I mentioned before, I love the originality behind the Ability and attack effects! However, I would word the both differently. For the Ability, something like: “As long as your Active Pokémon is a [D] Pokémon, whenever your opponent’s Active Pokémon tries to retreat, your opponent must discard cards from his or her hand equal to his or her Active Pokémon’s Retreat Cost instead of discarding Energy attached to his or her Active Pokémon. If your opponent doesn’t have enough cards in his or her hand, your opponent’s Active Pokémon can’t retreat.” Also worth mentioning is that Retreat Cost should always be capitalized, and that to the best of my knowledge, the TCG uses “can’t” instead of “cannot.” Plunder Hook should begin “Before doing damage,” not “Before applying damage,” and you mistakenly capitalized “if.” I don’t believe you need the “then” in the last sentence, either. Otherwise, wording seems fine! I’m not sure if an extra 70 damage is realistic, though – even with the discarded Energy and the fact that a rare card likely has decent HP, 100 damage just seems a little too powerful (especially for an uncommon Stage 1 card). Overall, though, a great card and I hope to see more of your work in future competitions!

Creativity/Originality: 19.5/20
(I love the effort you put into both Ability and attack)
Wording: 10/15
(Errors in both Ability and attack, didn’t capitalize “Retreat Cost”, used “cannot”, accidently capitalized “if” in the attack)
Fonts and Placement: 8/10
(Wrong “Evolves from…” font, incorrect spacing on stats bar)
Believability/Playability: 3/5
(Incorrect weight, and the attack seems slightly overpowered)
Total: 40.5/50

Heavenly Spoon:
H5wBVUJ.png
Whaaat…a non-Bug, non-e-card entry from Spoon? Interesting! It’s great to see more Pokémon in your style, too. But yeah, the furry community seems to love Gardevoir – I hated every minute of looking up art of it, too. As for the card, 100 HP is perfect for ex-series. You’ve created a great, useful power (which, surprisingly, doesn’t seem to already exist) with no wording errors that I can see! Channeling Burst, the way it’s worded, seems to be a very double-edged sword; if the Defending Pokémon has, say, 100 HP and 9 damage counters on it, you’ll lose all the damage already on the Pokémon…but, if the Bench is filled with low-HP Basic/Stage 1s, you have the opportunity to Knock Out some of them. Just seems to be a more risky card than I would play, at least. The way damage is dealt, though, is very Gardevoir-esque. There are some issues, though, with fonts and placement. This is incredibly nitpicky (and I’m not taking points off for it), but the illustrator text on actual cards isn’t quite even on the bar; I’d consider moving that down a pixel or so. In the ex-era, power/body and attack names should be at 86% -- or at least, thinner than the width you’ve used. Additionally, the bottom of the power name should line up with the bottom of the word ‘Poké-POWER’ (so about 2 pixels up), and the bottom of the attack name should line up with the bottom of the Energy cost. I also see a minor issue with the leading. If you look at real cards from the ex-era, you’ll notice that the ‘y,’ ‘(),’ and other letters nearly touch the uppercase letters. Try setting the leading ±3 of your text size. Although you’ve done a great job justifying the text box, it should be equidistant from either size of the light box, so you’ll need to drag the right edge in a bit (match it up with the out edge of the ‘0’ in ‘10’). Additionally, I’d consider moving the W/RC up a pixel or two. I do love the card ID number, though! Another beautiful entry from Spoon this month!

Creativity/Originality: 19/20
(Great Poké-POWER and interesting attack)
Wording: 15/15
(Can’t find any issues here)
Fonts and Placement: 6.5/10
(Misplaced power/attack name, wide power/attack name, too much space between text box lines, misplaced text box, slightly low W/RC symbols and illustrator name)
(I’m just not sold on the attack – it’s situational)
Total: 45/50

PMJ & Athena:
ciH6svP.png
Notadragon notadragon notadragon what. I don’t care what you say about Stunfisk – Whiscash was the original derp Pokémon. He looks so happy, I love it. It’s been a long time since we’ve seen a Whiscash card, too – not since Rising Rivals, I believe. Its HP sound about right (it had 90 in Mysterious Treasures). Fitting name for a great Ability (one which I believe would be incredibly useful upon Rising Fist’s release), and the attack is great, too. I’m not an expert on the more recent cards, but it seems pretty unique. Even though you’re only putting 4 damage counters on one Pokémon and 3 on another, it does seem a little overpowered (compare to the recent Breloom which does 70 damage for [F][F][C] without Resistance, Pangoro which does 30 damage for [D][C] but can do 40 more damage for an Item discard from your hand, Skuntank which switches your opponent’s Pokémon for [D][C] and 30 damage, etc.). I’m torn, because I don’t think [F][F] would be enough, but [F][F][C] might be too much…eh, perhaps [F][C][C] would be better? Regardless, I’m loving this entry and the two of you have proved to be a great team once again!

Creativity/Originality: 19.5/20
(You guys know how hard it is to get a perfect score from me here -- for all intents and purposes, a 19.5 is a perfect score)
Wording: 15/15
(I see no errors)
Fonts and Placement: 10/10
(I really don’t have much to critique here)
(Very playable, but I can’t tell if the attack should cost more or less)
Total: 49/50

Zygarde:
mawile_zps41a9610b.png
Another sweet blank! More cool art! I like the Poké-Power – it could be decent payback for KO’ing Mawile. I gotta say, though, I think it would work better as a Body which requires your opponent discard the cards; it would work as a milling card much better that way, especially since your opponent would usually be apt to draw the 3 cards. Then again, besides slowly milling your opponent’s deck, I don’t quite see the benefit you get for using the attack. Plus, with the name, I think the attack might work better if you did 10 more damage for each card your opponent draws (you get more benefit, and it makes the “Suspicious” come to forefront). Also, minor wording errors. The Poké-Power should begin with, “Once during your opponent's turn, if Mawile would be Knocked Out by damage from an attack,” or “If Mawile would be Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's attack,” (both are used; the first is from Shedinja Legends Awakened and the second from Gengard Legend Maker), depending on intended era. And in the attack, you need ‘damage’ between ‘40’ and ‘minus,’ and the last sentence isn’t correct (from an English standpoint). I would try, “This attack does 40 damage minus 10 damage for each card your opponent draws in this way.” Another great entry this month, Zygarde!

Creativity/Originality: 19/20
(Interesting take on a milling card)
Wording: 13/15
(Forgotten ‘damage’, improper grammar)
Fonts and Placement: 10/10
(Everything seems to be in place)
Believability/Playability: 4/5
(As mentioned, there’s some disconnect between the intended use and what benefits the player)
Total: 46/50

So the top four goes as follows:

4th Place: Amperglyph with his sunny Castform, with 43/50pts.
3rd Place: Heavenly Spoon with his non-bug Gardevoir, winning 45/50pts.
2nd Place: Zygarde along the metal-geared fairy Mawile, hitting 46/50pts.
1st Place: The dynamic duo strikes again, PMJ & Athena's Whiscash rumbled to the top hitting a near-perfect 49/50pts!

Amazing job for most of you this month, it was nice to see how much people posted!! Hope to see all of you next month, and congratulations to the winners!!! :D[/hr]
[/hr]

Last edited by a moderator:

This card is so vanilla... Ability already used, Attacks not really unconventional, common wording overall... However, it's simple enough to be Original. The points I take out are, of course, for Creativity.
Not really supposed to be creative, given what Pokémon it is. Slaking cards are, most of the time, kind of bleh cards.

If I find a minor error in any card, I usually count them as -1 if they are 2 or more of them, and this is the case: You forgot to capitalize "Pokémon" both times in the Ability.
"both times"
Only used it once in the ability. :p

Actually, as well as it's Dragons Exalted counterpart, is pretty balanced because you can only take full potential of it with Virizion-EX or the Gown thingy revealed in Rising Fist; and also needs a whopping 4 Energy to be played, but it CAN be played, so it a perfect balance!
It's DEX card sucks though. D:
And it only requires 3 energy (unless counting retreat cost, but Switch/Float Stone because nobody is going to retreat for 4).

But, third place? Close enough. :cool:

Also, grats to the winners! Especially PMJ/Athena, winnin' with them derpy Wishcash.

Keeper of Night said:
This card is so vanilla... Ability already used, Attacks not really unconventional, common wording overall... However, it's simple enough to be Original. The points I take out are, of course, for Creativity.
Not really supposed to be creative, given what Pokémon it is. Slaking cards are, most of the time, kind of bleh cards.

If I find a minor error in any card, I usually count them as -1 if they are 2 or more of them, and this is the case: You forgot to capitalize "Pokémon" both times in the Ability.
"both times"
Only used it once in the ability. :p

Actually, as well as it's Dragons Exalted counterpart, is pretty balanced because you can only take full potential of it with Virizion-EX or the Gown thingy revealed in Rising Fist; and also needs a whopping 4 Energy to be played, but it CAN be played, so it a perfect balance!
It's DEX card sucks though. D:
And it only requires 3 energy (unless counting retreat cost, but Switch/Float Stone because nobody is going to retreat for 4).

But, third place? Close enough. :cool:

Also, grats to the winners! Especially PMJ/Athena, winnin' with them derpy Wishcash.

KoN said:
As long as this Pokemon (1) is your active Pokemon (2)...
And you could be Creative and make Slaking cards different. ;) But you did well, anyways.

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: June 2014 - Hoenn (Congrats PMJ+Athena, SquirtleSquad & ATA)

Congratulations to the deadly duo (PMJ and Athena), the newcomer SquirtleSquad, and AlexanderTheAwesome.

Thanks to everyone that participated! The turn out for this round was amazing. I hope to see you guys back for the next round! :)

Also, a MAJOR thanks goes out to our wonderful judges Luispipe8 and CMP for getting through everything at an Extreme Speed.

Next round will be up in a few days.

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: June 2014 - Hoenn (Congrats PMJ+Athena, SquirtleSquad & ATA)

Well this is why I wanted a partner :( Oh well, that is interesting, I do often have bad wording (probably because life exists so I do these things in like, 5 minutes) though I am more often overpowered, will think about that. Thanks to the judges and participants. (Where I live we don't put commas before ands if you were wondering.) Also I have no accent Es button I can use without killing my device so... Yeah.

Copy+Paste? XD

Oh cool we won. gg guys, see you next month.

Nice work to everyone, and especially to the winners (wow, two perfects scores o_O)!
...just a point there
but I got 18/20 for creativity. Also, I'm not a runner-up even though I got 48. Not that I'm complaining, just pointing out a few things :p

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: June 2014 - Hoenn: RESULTS ARE UP!!

Luispipe8 said:
Sadly, this card is sorta over-powered. Let's say it uses Clear Song with a Fairy and a DCE. Until next turn, Altaria would resist 60 damage, and it will be able to attack because Fairy Energy doesn't get "transformed". Place a Hard Charm and an extra DCE for maximum trolling and you have an Altaria resisting 140 damage. Yeah. OP. Make it cost [Y][Y][W], and it MIGHT be a bit better, but still...

I'd like to clarify a few things here. I realize you can't change the scores and that's perfectly fine with me - just wanted to point out a few things, as I did consider some of these potential issues when I made the card, and it's not as overpowered as you've interpreted it to be:

This is the ability:
[Ability] Cotton Shield

As it references Energy card, not Energy, a DCE prevents 30 damage, not 60. I did this intentionally to reduce the ability to abuse DCE.

And here, each Special Energy providing only [C] means that it can not still attack with a Fairy and a DCE - that's why I made it until the end of your next turn - because the effect of the attack changes the DCE to providing [C] instead of [C][C]. You could do it with 2 DCE, preventing 60 damage and still being able to attack on your next turn, but that requires you to put 2 special energies on it and it's not unstoppable like preventing 120-140 would be.

Thanks for the time and effort put into judging Luispipe8! And congrats to all the winners!

Woooo, hell yes, a winner is me Whiscash! \o/ The derp fish strikes again! See you guys next month with another totally amazing drawing~

...hot damn second. Even if it's tied, I can't believe I got that far :p
Still beating KoN KoN~ *victory dance*
I'm glad to see Whiscash won, it was my favourite entry :D

Hey, I am NOT Inspector Gadget!
...Also, no I don't play Mortal Kombat.

Aside from that, I can't believe how good some of these were. I don't agree with every judging(Honestly, Wonder Guard is Broken Past 11 if your Opponent DOESN'T run [R] Pokemon. I know it only prevents damage, but it's still quite strong. As for Slaking, lord help me, it was soo lazy! Well, makes sense that a Lazy Pokemon have something akin to it, so I guess my arguement is invalid.), but for the most part, luispipe did a good job. I loved your Camerupt, Mr. I Have 1000 Posts, and I hope to see you again next month!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: June 2014 - Hoenn: RESULTS ARE UP!!

bowlerdude04 said:
Luispipe8 said:
Sadly, this card is sorta over-powered. Let's say it uses Clear Song with a Fairy and a DCE. Until next turn, Altaria would resist 60 damage, and it will be able to attack because Fairy Energy doesn't get "transformed". Place a Hard Charm and an extra DCE for maximum trolling and you have an Altaria resisting 140 damage. Yeah. OP. Make it cost [Y][Y][W], and it MIGHT be a bit better, but still...

I'd like to clarify a few things here. I realize you can't change the scores and that's perfectly fine with me - just wanted to point out a few things, as I did consider some of these potential issues when I made the card, and it's not as overpowered as you've interpreted it to be:

This is the ability:
[Ability] Cotton Shield

As it references Energy card, not Energy, a DCE prevents 30 damage, not 60. I did this intentionally to reduce the ability to abuse DCE.

And here, each Special Energy providing only [C] means that it can not still attack with a Fairy and a DCE - that's why I made it until the end of your next turn - because the effect of the attack changes the DCE to providing [C] instead of [C][C]. You could do it with 2 DCE, preventing 60 damage and still being able to attack on your next turn, but that requires you to put 2 special energies on it and it's not unstoppable like preventing 120-140 would be.

Thanks for the time and effort put into judging Luispipe8! And congrats to all the winners!

Ok, as silly as it sounds, I must have overlooked the fact that DCE becomes..., well, CE. XD I guess I owe you an apology, sorry for that. Apparently I'm human like all of you. :p I could blame the fact that I did a lot of judging at night after school, and yours was the last of a night, IIRC, so I couldn't notice that. I promise this won't happen next month, I should be able to judge everyone peacefully since I'm entering vacation. :D

Edit. And because fair is fair, you're now on second place. Kudos! ;)

GadgetJax said:
Hey, I am NOT Inspector Gadget!
...Also, no I don't play Mortal Kombat.

Aside from that, I can't believe how good some of these were. I don't agree with every judging(Honestly, Wonder Guard is Broken Past 11 if your Opponent DOESN'T run [R] Pokemon. I know it only prevents damage, but it's still quite strong.), but for the most part, luispipe did a good job. I loved your Camerupt, Mr. I Have 1000 Posts, and I hope to see you again next month!

Pyroar, Sigilyph and Suicune made decks run something to counter them, but they are not broken to the point that they can't be countered.

rev3rsor said:
Nice work to everyone, and especially to the winners (wow, two perfects scores o_O)!
...just a point there
but I got 18/20 for creativity. Also, I'm not a runner-up even though I got 48. Not that I'm complaining, just pointing out a few things :p

Damn you, first grade math!!! D: In my notepad I deducted 2 points, I guess I must have transcribed it wrong. :p And oh, derp, I overlooked your score when writing the standings in a paper. u.u Sorry, rev, adding you right away! :D

Back