PokéBeach Create-A-Card: April 2014 - Stage 1 (Congrats MTC, Neko, and Spoon!)

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: April 2014 - Stage 1

My entry
2zpi3hy.jpg

EX Series era (but include [Fairy] Type)

Kirlia 80 HP [P]
Stage 1 Pokémon - Evolves from Ralts

Poké-Power : Forced Identity
Whenever you attach either a [P], [F] or [Y] energy card from your hand to Kirlia, you may search for a card that evolves from Kirlia that is the same type as the Energy card you attached to Kirlia. (This counts as evolving Kirlia). Shuffly your deck afterward. This power can't be used when you attach an Energy card to Kirlia as part of an attack's effect.

[C][C] Graceful Dance
Flip a coin, if head choose 1 card from your opponent's hand (without looking) and put it on the bottom of your opponent's deck. If tails, draw 2 cards from the bottom of your deck.

weakness - [P]
resistance - [-]
retreat cost - [C]

Thanks Drac! I'll judge it tomorrow morning by the latest, I have a kind of busy day.

It's entry time! This one I kind of made at the last minute, by combining a random (but interesting) attack with a random (but interesting) ability, but I think it turned out okay.

Stage 1 / Mightyena // HP90 [D]
261.png
Evolves from Poochyena
262_2.png

NO. 262 Bite Pokémon HT: 3'03" WT: 81.6lbs

[Ability] Bide
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may use this Ability. Your turn ends. During your next turn, your Pokemon's attacks do 60 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokemon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[D][C][C] Turmoil 90
Your opponent reveals his or her hand. If there are no Supporter cards found there, this attack does nothing.

weakness [F] X2
resistance [P] -20
retreat [C]

It will always obey the commands of a skilled Trainer. Its behavior arises from its living in packs in ancient times.

(Fun fact: Until today, I never realized that in the BW and XY era, it just says "retreat" in the retreat cost section, instead of "retreat cost".

Oh, wait this is a thing, and I entered. And I'm running out of time. Cool.

[C] Diggersby 110 HP
Stage 1 (evolves from Bunnelby)
diggersby.gif

Ability: Doing The Dirty Work
This Pokémon's attacks do 10 more damage for each [F] Energy attached to it.

[C] Quick Attack -- 20
[C][C][C] Rofl-Stomp -- 50
Discard a random card from your opponent's hand. If that card was a Pokémon, draw a prize card.

W: [W] R: [L] Retreat: [C][C]

With their powerful ears, they can heft boulders of a ton or more with ease. They can be a big help at construction sites.

That Diggersby though.

No one else teamed up? Man.

I'll have our card done later today.

Me and Zygarde teamed up! *looks around*...wherever he is.

Keeper of Night said:
Forgot W/R/R... yay...

Sadly, you're right, KoN. But well, I'll be judging both your entry and Drac's right now.

And Machamp's, I just saw it. :p

Just FYI, the results of all 4 text applicants are on draft ready to be posted, so, if no one else submits by Satuday, your results will be up Sunday around noon(I'm GMT-6, so keep that in mind).

Also, we're(Feathers and I) discussing the legality of Anabel's entry right now. The details(and reason as well) will be notified here in the upcoming hours, as well as being PM'd to Anabel.

Luispipe8 said:
Just FYI, the results of all 4 text applicants are on draft ready to be posted, so, if no one else submits by Satuday, your results will be up Sunday around noon(I'm GMT-6, so keep that in mind).

Also, we're(Feathers and I) discussing the legality of Anabel's entry right now. The details(and reason as well) will be notified here in the upcoming hours, as well as being PM'd to Anabel.

Why don't you just ask Chaos Jackal if he approves. If not then just delete the post. Easy as that.

I rofl'd when I saw rofl stomp diggersby. I guess that's a mission accomplished for keeper.

IPfvU2l.png

it's holo because Athena wanted it to be

Reggie McGigas said:
Luispipe8 said:

Why don't you just ask Chaos Jackal if he approves. If not then just delete the post. Easy as that.

I rofl'd when I saw rofl stomp diggersby. I guess that's a mission accomplished for keeper.
It's not the fact that she might have "stolen"(?) the card itself. Here's the thing:

What we were debating was the text resemblance(or the fact that it's identical) to Gyarados LTR, and Anabel's card has a slightly altered version of that card's text; but even so, it's practically identical. Having the text already and just making the card's fashion is, to me, an unfair advantage, because everyone else had to think and innovate both in terms of imaging and text, and also the fact that the only category where a miss might appear is in the "Fonts and Placement" section, rendering the other, well, dumb, because it's an actual card in a "Create a Card" contest. So(and I'll notify Anabel as soon as I finish writing this), we'll give Anabel a chance to change(edit) THE TEXT of the entry(submitting a different card will be a disqualification) up until the end of the contest. Otherwise, it will be up to Feathers to see how will it be judged compared to the others. If you want to leave it as it is, well, the result you might get it's up to you. It's your call, but please notify us what will you do.
Edit: fixed a little Typo.

Posting a reminder that copying even another card's text counts as plagiarism. This breaks PB's rules, is frowned upon and is, above all else, illegal.

Luispipe8 said:
Reggie McGigas said:

It's not the fact that she might have "stolen"(?) the card itself. Here's the thing:

What we were debating was the text resemblance(or the fact that it's identical) to Gyarados LTR, and Anabel's card has a slightly altered version of that card's text; but even so, it's practically identical. Having the text already and just making the card's fashion is, to me, an unfair advantage, because everyone else had to think and innovate both in terms of imaging and text, and also the fact that the only category where a miss might appear is in the "Fonts and Placement" section, rendering the other, well, dumb, because it's an actual card in a "Create a Card" contest. So(and I'll notify Anabel as soon as I finish writing this), we'll give Anabel a chance to change(edit) THE TEXT of the entry(submitting a different card will be a disqualification) up until the end of the contest. Otherwise, it will be up to Feathers to see how will it be judged compared to the others. If you want to leave it as it is, well, the result you might get it's up to you. It's your call, but please notify us what will you do.
Edit: fixed a little Typo.

Sorry about that. I made the card a while ago and I didn't remember using that card. I'll edit it.

Delta said:
Posting a reminder that copying even another card's text counts as plagiarism. This breaks PokéBeach's rules, is frowned upon and is, above all else, illegal.

So you can't copy the Pokemon's description?

Considering editing in W/R/R, since it's rather impossible to hit a perfect score anyway with an incomplete card.

debugs said:
Delta said:
Posting a reminder that copying even another card's text counts as plagiarism. This breaks PokéBeach's rules, is frowned upon and is, above all else, illegal.
So you can't copy the Pokemon's description?
Well, that's different because those are Dex Entries. Those are in the games, so... XD And also, are you going to enter?! :D

Keeper of Night said:
Considering editing in W/R/R, since it's rather impossible to hit a perfect score anyway with an incomplete card.
Well, if you do it, just let me know so I can change the Draft. And just a reminder, you'll get docked 2 points for that, so if you eventually change it, make sure nothing else is wrong so it's worth it.

Back