PokéBeach Create-A-Card: April 2014 - Stage 1 (Congrats MTC, Neko, and Spoon!)

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: April 2014 - Stage 1

Scorched Feathers said:
CaC isn't like it used to be ;~;

Of course not! It's like 15 times better now that I'm joining. :3 :3 :3

Sign me up for Image-based! I'm almost done with my entry, just need to add some icons and tweak the alignment a bit.

RE: PB Create-A-Card: April 2014 - Stage 1

I was considering copy/pasting my zebstrika from last year but that would be mean for my score

Good luck everyone and here is my 1 year aniversery entry.I hope you do terrible so I can win mwahahhahaI mean my entry is going to be 2 times the fun and 2 times the price shut up weird voice in my head I'm not a weird voice I'm a duosion!

[Stage 1] Duosion HP 70 [P]
duosion.gif

[Ability] Selfless Sacrafice
Once during your turn (before your attack) If Solosis or Reuniclus is in your hand, you may discard it. If you do, your Active Pokémon's attacks do 60 more damage.

[P][C] Mind Drive 30x
Does 30 damage times the amount of [P] energy attached to this Pokémon.

Weakness: [D] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: C

Wording is BW if it matters

Thanks, Reggie, will be judging it right away! Hope you can wait for 3 Weeks, though... XD

Edit: Feathers' and Regggie's results are already on draft. Try to get your entries early so you all can know the results earlier and so we don't get another 1 month hiatus on the CaC, again... XD

Here's my entry. Hopefully I didn't make too many errors. :|

mothim_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d7cy72j.png

Sorry if any of you were expecting me to enter a TCG GB-style fake. Maybe next month.

Can a Mod, or someone fix the link to the thread? That "p"-"b" becomes "PokéBeach" when clicked on a hyperlink, sending the message that the Thread doesn't exist.

Should work now.

Thanks, I'll try it tomorrow when I get back on the Computer.

It has begun. I've finally decided to make a card featuring what is universally and unequivocally considered the best Pokémon, ever, period. It's been a long time coming, especially since I've made a card for 2 of its bug brethren before. I can only hope that using what is undoubtably the best Pokémon will earn me a few extra points, if not a trophy, a medal and a hefty cash reward. I'd also like to point out that I'm using a far better moth Pokémon than Nekoban Ryo, which I think should give me a significant edge. I can only hope that other participants will also use far uglier moths, like Dustox.

But without further ado, I present to you, Venomoth:

stx6yhE.png

As you may notice, I've based the Body and attack on everyone's favourite slayer of dragons. Seemed like the right thing to do. I'm again using the 'no precedent' loophole for some of the wording, so HA!

The art, even though I have quite litteraly almost no time to do anything, does not feature my original Venomoth art but a completely new one. The wings look a bit wonky, but everything else turned out quite nicely so I don't really care. And yes, I did re-use that moon again, and you can't stop me. It's been on 3 other cards now, I can't just stop now.

If you want a wallpaper, click here.

Heavenly Spoon said:
I'd also like to point out that I'm using a far better moth Pokémon than Nekoban Ryo, which I think should give me a significant edge.

Darn, I should have made it a Shiny Mothim. Venomoth may beat Mothim in terms of awesomeness, but Venomoth does NOT beat Dunsparce-colored Mothim. :p

Nekoban Ryo said:
Heavenly Spoon said:
I'd also like to point out that I'm using a far better moth Pokémon than Nekoban Ryo, which I think should give me a significant edge.

Darn, I should have made it a Shiny Mothim. Venomoth may beat Mothim in terms of awesomeness, but Venomoth does NOT beat Dunsparce-colored Mothim. :p
GcwT3iv.png

Check and mate, Mr. Ryo, check and mate.

PS: No, I'm not changing my submission... I feel I have to say this at least once a thread.

Heavenly Spoon said:
Nekoban Ryo said:

GcwT3iv.png

Check and mate, Mr. Ryo, check and mate.

PS: No, I'm not changing my submission... I feel I have to say this at least once a thread.

2lxduo7.jpg

They are MEGA Stage, as it says on the Official Rulebook. So my guess is, no.

GrimmReaper9001 said:
Would a Mega card count as a Stage 1?

No, they wouldn't count, since they are a different class of evolution card, like Stage 2 and Stage 1 are different :)

[C] Diggersby 110 HP
Stage 1 (evolves from Bunnelby)
diggersby.gif

Ability: Doing The Dirty Work
This Pokémon's attacks do 10 more damage for each [F] Energy attached to it.

[C][C][C] Rofl-Stomp -- 50
Discard a random card from your opponent's hand. If that card was a Pokémon, draw a prize card.

With their powerful ears, they can heft boulders of a ton or more with ease. They can be a big help at construction sites.

I would like to sign up for the text-based competition, please!

Classic Wailord Card
1926652_578719708901626_6030700638237529387_n.jpg

pokemonfan723 said:
I would like to sign up for the text-based competition, please!

Classic Wailord Card
1926652_578719708901626_6030700638237529387_n.jpg

Just so you know, dear Pokéfan, that's Image-Based.

Back