PokéBeach.com's Dream It & Design It! Contest: Water-Type

Another question. When will Facebook likes be counted? Is that a different date than when submissions are due (March 31)?

Shining Raikou said:
Any deceptive or cheating methods will result in disqualification. You may advertise that your photo is on PokeBeach's wall, but do so in a responsible and non-intrusive way. Banned members and Staff members are not eligible to win.

I was just wondering, how can you cheat on a contest based on FB likes? I don't really see how that's possible, I mean people are willingly voting for your entry, it's not like they are being forced or anything.

Cinesra said:
I know this is a radical idea, but....you could always make one.

I'm not gonna....I'm not gonna make a Facebook account for one contest, then never use it again. I really don't want a Facebook at all.

EricDLee said:
Another question. When will Facebook likes be counted? Is that a different date than when submissions are due (March 31)?

We'll be counting them at midnight PST on the 31st.

Shining Raikou said:
We'll be counting them at midnight PST on the 31st.
So basically, the good ones that entered first gets more votes then the other good ones that entered later?!?! That doesnt really make sense and is not fair to the other participants.

The Fire Wyrm said:
So basically, the good ones that entered first gets more votes then the other good ones that entered later?!?! That doesnt really make sense and is not fair to the other participants.

It's first come, first serve, kinda. The counting of likes won't be biased either way, of course, but people's enthusiasm to continually check for and like new entries may dwindle. Obviously, those that entered first would have the advantage, and I dare say possibly rightfully so. But the actual contest is being run to be as fair as possible. Otherwise, how could it not be fair?

The Fire Wyrm said:

^this

I don't like the way the contest voting system is being run, its unfair to those who want to spend time and perfect their entry as opposed to someone who just threw together a few scribbles and called it a Pokemon as early as possible. It shouldn't be when you get it done, but more how you get it done. If you look at any assignment in real life, whether it be school, work or what have you, there is always a due date, and then the papers are graded or work is evaluated. Lets say you're preparing a powerpoint for a presentation; as long as you get it done before the date, it doesn't matter, people only care if it meets or surpasses expectations.

So my water starter from 6 months ago is not okay? XD

Also does the actual pic have to be uploaded or can it be a link to it?

This was probably already asked, but you can get your family members to "like" yours and not be cheating, right?

^ It hasn't been asked yet, unless you count my previous question. The staff didn't really do a good job defining what "deceptive or cheating methods" are.

An example of something deceptive / cheating would be bribing members to vote for your entry.

King Arceus said:
An example of something deceptive / cheating would be bribing members to vote for your entry.

There are also "pay/trade for likes" sites/ads out there. We don't want to see these methods used. Get likes in an honest way.

iisnumber12 said:
This was probably already asked, but you can get your family members to "like" yours and not be cheating, right?

Posting on your Facebook page asking people to vote is fine. Family members can vote.

Mitja said:
So my water starter from 6 months ago is not okay? XD

Also does the actual pic have to be uploaded or can it be a link to it?

It's up to you if you want to post that really. Just, if it's something people have seen before it might not do as good as a new piece. Also, just upload it to tinypic or something and have the picture visible for people to click on when you post on PokeBeach's Facebook wall. (Facebook does this automatically) It takes like 2 seconds.

Blui129 said:
Is this Contest open to US participants only? Because I live in Australia.

This is a WORLDWIDE contest.

March 31st huh?
I don't think I am pre-occupied. Interesting to see some prizes though. I'll give this one some attention.

Dragon Pokémon said:
I'm not gonna....I'm not gonna make a Facebook account for one contest, then never use it again. I really don't want a Facebook at all.

It would take like 5 minutes. You don't have to use your real name. You could even take another 5 minutes to make a separate email account if you're worried about notifications or are paranoid about stalkers or something.

posted mine now..

Some stuff I noticed
If I understand this right, sharing the pic and getting likes for the shared one doesn't increase the count on the actual photo on pokebeachs fb, right? So posting a link to it on your own wall won't do much unless you went and told people to like it after clicking on it.
Or is fb messing with me?
And sharing it on your wall isn't cheating, is it?

And ewww what does fb do with the quality of my png e___e

The likes have to be on our Facebook wall. You can post it once on our Facebook wall, and link to the post from there if you'd like to advertise on your wall.

Back