• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

PokéBeach Community Decklist #8: Darkrai/Hydreigon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bo$$_89 said:
-1 Rare Candy
+1 Cheren

I believe that Cheren is more useful in most situations than Rare Candy. Whenever I have a candy, it either 1) Get's N'd(?) away or 2) I don't need it.
2 Rare Candy is way too little, so I'll go with
+1 Rare Candy
-1 Tool Scrapper

Bianca vs. Cheren is completely personal choice. So, I would just put 3 Bianca/Cheren.
Well anyways, I would put -1 Sableye +1 Eviolite and -1 Max Potion +1 Tool Scrapper. Eviolite is much more helpful compared to Sableye because it helps majorly against Garbordor/Terrakion. After a Darkrai EX loss, just drop a Shaymin EX, Tool Scrapper, move energies, Eviolite, and you've got an almost unstoppable killing machine.
4 Max Potion, honestly, I find too much. Yes, it helps a lot, but 2 Tool Scrapper>4 Max Potion. 1 Tool Scrapper just isn't enough against Garbordor. =/

No, Sableye is what makes this deck good. You need 3 for the deck to function.
-1 Tool Scrapper
+1 Sableye (going off above suggestion)

I'd rather have something that helps in every matchup than something that helps in one matchup.

pokemonjoe said:
No, Sableye is what makes this deck good. You need 3 for the deck to function.
-1 Tool Scrapper
+1 Sableye (going off above suggestion)

I'd rather have something that helps in every matchup than something that helps in one matchup.

You do not need 3. I run 2 and mine functions just fine.

Go against garbodor/terrakion with 1 tool scrapper and it is an auto lose.

-1 Super Rod
-1 Random Receiver

+1 Tool Scrapper
+1 Ultra Ball

Emopanda133 said:
You do not need 3. I run 2 and mine functions just fine.
I ran two and it was too inconsistent. What if one is prized and your opponent ko's the other? I would rather have a card that helps me out in every matchup rather than a card that will help me in one matchup.

-1 Catcher
+1 Random Receiver

Consistency, with Junk Hunt. Since there are only 11 supporters, running out of draw is certainly a possibility. This attempts to minimize the risk.
I'd like to add another, but don't know what to take out. :p Maybe Eviolite, or Sigilyph?...

apophys said:
-1 Catcher
+1 Random Receiver

Consistency, with Junk Hunt. Since there are only 11 supporters, running out of draw is certainly a possibility. This attempts to minimize the risk.
I'd like to add another, but don't know what to take out. :p Maybe Eviolite, or Sigilyph?...

Catcher its still a 4-of in this deck. Running 1 Random Receiver won't help much.

-1 Random Receiver

+1 Pokemon Catcher

-1 Catcher
+1 Mewtwo EX
Mewtwo EX is incredibly powerful in this deck. being able to Dark trance a ton of energy onto it to do 180 out of nowhere to that opposing EX is incredibly useful. This deck doesn't really need that 4th catcher, seeing as it can reuse the same 3 over and over with Sableye.

And with that, that concludes this first Decklist of the season. Be on the lookout for more throughout as I hope that this will stay as a consistent project in the future!

dmaster out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back