• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

PokéBeach Community Decklist #10: Darkrai/Landorus EX

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 Super Rod
+2 Darks
Ok Super Rod is great with Land Judgment and lets you run through your deck, is junk huntable, and all-in-all a NEAR staple.
Darks are pretty good here. I mean they only help a LITTLE, but you know, now your Sableye can attack, which is game changing.

Oh yeah, your Darkrai can attack too. Forgot about that completely unimportant card.
Oh yeah, and dark cloak.

Sorry for the late update. There's five cards to go (after my addition to the list) and then it can be tweaked to near perfection.

+1 Ultra Ball
+1 Dark Patch
+1 Random Receiver

These are added for consistency reasons. I like four of each because it maximizes the chances of having one of them in your hand and they're great for setting up Darkrai and getting Darks in the Discard Pile. I really like RR in anything that has Sableye as you can Junk Hunt for it as well.

dmaster out.

-1 Super Rod
+1 Ho-oh EX

Yeah, it sounds crazy, but it works better than super rod because if you have dark energy in the discard, you only have to take out one, and it puts the energy on the field, not in the deck, meaning you don't have to fish for it and you can quickly energy switch it onto another pokemon.

+3 Energy Switch: Unless I'm crazy I think this is a pretty obvious addition. Though Energy Switch is so versatile it's hard to exactly explain its uses. Some things I can think of is making the T2 Night Spear a little more possible, and just conserving energy if needed which can be very helpful, especially when there's people talking about wanting to be able to recover Fighting Energy and keep it in play.

-1 Skyla
+1 Tool Scrapper
I really think 13 supporters (Not countin RRs) is enough, especially when 11 are draw. Its that or a Bianca. I personally don't even like Skyla in this deck because I'd rather have draw. Scrapper is necessary to take off pesky Eviolites and for the occasional Garbodor.

-1 Ho-Oh this card seems useless to me because lots of people play Keldeo
+1 Energy Switch More Surprise KOs.

+1 Ho-oh Landorus is weak to water, and we still play that. It's actually good if they target Ho-oh because they're not targeting Darkrai or Landorus.

You need to take something out of the list in order to add the Ho-Oh as the list is 60 cards.

dmaster out.

pokemonjoe said:
+1 Ho-oh Landorus is weak to water, and we still play that. It's actually good if they target Ho-oh because they're not targeting Darkrai or Landorus.

You need to take something out of the list in order to add the Ho-Oh as the list is 60 cards.

dmaster out.

That actually sounds pretty good how bout
-1 Dark Patch with hooh I feel like taking 1 out isn't a big deal
+1 Ho-Oh EX Above ^

- 1 Landorus EX
+ 1 Dark Patch

3 Landorus is overkill. You rarely want to start with it because you want Sableye early game, and I've found it's more useful as a tech against other Darkrai decks and as a fantastic late game finisher (Energy Switch can let 150 damage come out of nowhere). You don't need three of them to fulfill both of those purposes.

Meanwhile, Dark Patch is a major part of this deck and maxing it out allows for more acceleration and speedier setups. It's also just a general consistency card, and the more consistency, the better.

-1 Super Rod
+1 Dark Claw
Super Rod is redundant as we have Ho-oh to accelerate energy, which is much better than shuffling it back in the deck. We honestly won't need more than 3 Darkrai, 3 Ssbleye, and 2 Landorus, as that is much more than 6 prizes right there. Dark Claw is great if they have an eviolite, allowing you to continue 2 shotting rather than 3 shotting. It's also good against blastoise, as you snipe them for 30, then hit them for 110 for the ko.

-1 Sableye ( I thought we like starting with Landorus EX...)
+ 1 Energy Search
Not only does it allow for easy fighting search, but you can search for a dark then juniper/Ultra ball/Computer search it away. And its junkhuntable.

Just a reminder that today is the last day to make any changes to the list.

dmaster out.

-1 Energy Search (1 won't help much)
-1 Dark Claw (we have eviolite and 1 won't help much)

+1 Sableye (3 is needed)
+1 Tool Scrapper (1 is too little)

-1 Ho-oh (Ho-oh isn't necessary at all. It can't hit for enough damage in a deck with only 2 different kinds of energy.)
-1 Sableye (Only used late/early game, though I prefer Landorus early game and Sableye only if I need an Item badly.)

+1 Mewtwo EX (Much better than Ho-oh in this deck imo.)
+1 Terrakion NV (2 is necessary to really hurt Darkrai decks, they can get around 1 too easily.)

Ho-oh is in here for basically Energy Switch bait. Basically, if you Ultra Ball Ho-oh and an energy, Juniper 1 or 2 more, get the flip on Ho-oH's ability, and get Energy Switches, you can theoretically get a T1 Land's Judgement, which, is probably the scariest thing I've ever heard of.

-1 Sableye (@Keeper of Night)
+1 Terrakion NV (@Keeper of Night)

3 Terrakion is overkill in this deck. 2 is perfect no more no less. 1 Sableye is awful.

-1 Terrakion NV

+1 Sableye

Oops, I worded that wrong. I meant do the Sableye/Terrakion change but not th Ho-oh change, my bad.:p

Not counting this as it isn't in the right format.

dmaster out.

Using Ho-oh just give the deck more Keldeo problems. Dark Patch works much better at getting extra energy on the field, and then you don't even need to always E. Switch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back