General PokéBeach Adventures Discussion Thread!

I think that as long as we're waiting for the next banner, we can really discuss whatever we want regarding this one. This means theorizing about Mr. Briney's oar when he has a motorized boat, or getting into game mechanics.

It's entirely possible that the red-eyed kid would try to disguise evil under cuteness, and they may very well be stealing the amulet for him. It's just hard to believe that the red-eyed kid, who has presumably had a very long time to strategize while locked up in that other dimension, would use a Chansey and Wigglytuff to get what he wants. Yes, they're cute, but you'd also think that he would train them to not give away their motives with glowing eyes.

I think that as long as we're waiting for the next banner, we can really discuss whatever we want regarding this one. This means theorizing about Mr. Briney's oar when he has a motorized boat, or getting into game mechanics.

It's entirely possible that the red-eyed kid would try to disguise evil under cuteness, and they may very well be stealing the amulet for him. It's just hard to believe that the red-eyed kid, who has presumably had a very long time to strategize while locked up in that other dimension, would use a Chansey and Wigglytuff to get what he wants. Yes, they're cute, but you'd also think that he would train them to not give away their motives with glowing eyes.
Glowing eyes attributed to artistic license and the fact that you wouldn't see them without the glow. But otherwise, completely agreed.

But otherwise, why would they steal the amulet? They're not wild Pokémon who liked it because it was shiny, and I really can't do with a storyline that proceeds at a one-banner-per-week pace that has two villainous teams involved. It'll take forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
But otherwise, why would they steal the amulet? They're not wild Pokémon who liked it because it was shiny, and I really can't do with a storyline that proceeds at a one-banner-per-week pace that has two villainous teams involved. It'll take forever.
Well, we know the amulet does something, and if Ryder hangs it around his neck he's clearly not troubling to keep it hidden. Perhaps they just heard something about the amulet, and wanted it for themselves. I don't know, it's probably best to wait for the next banner before taking this too much further. Hopefully it'll clear up Chansey's and Wigglytuff's allegiances, and what they intend to do with the amulet.

Well, we know the amulet does something, and if Ryder hangs it around his neck he's clearly not troubling to keep it hidden. Perhaps they just heard something about the amulet, and wanted it for themselves. I don't know, it's probably best to wait for the next banner before taking this too much further. Hopefully it'll clear up Chansey's and Wigglytuff's allegiances, and what they intend to do with the amulet.
As I said, these banners take forever to come out. Can we make it once every 3 days?

Alright, analysis time.

Ryder's in a cage. Not entirely sure where the cage came from, but I'll just roll with it for now. Interestingly, the egg is not in the cage, so I could certainly see it hatching and proceeding to free Ryder and Peeko and attack Chansey and Wigglytuff.
Also, on the topic of the egg, Chansey seems to have taken charge of it. Hopefully this doesn't change the loyalty of D******t, who I'm assuming at this point is the Pokémon inside it.

Next, Wigglytuff's holding up the amulet and shouting at something in the distance, which appears to be a person riding a Flying Pokémon (or just the Pokémon; if Chansey and Wigglytuff are in league with it). If the person/Pokémon were here to free Ryder, I believe Wigglytuff would be alerting Chansey to its presence, rather than calling to it, and it certainly wouldn't be waving the amulet around. Therefore, we can assume that it's another minion of Chrior/the red-eyed child. I don't believe it's the child himself because he's still locked up in that other dimension (hopefully).

Also, Peeko seems to be recovering somewhat, but I doubt he'll be instrumental in Ryder's escape.

Alright, analysis time.

Finally, a new banner!

Ryder's in a cage. Not entirely sure where the cage came from, but I'll just roll with it for now. Interestingly, the egg is not in the cage, so I could certainly see it hatching and proceeding to free Ryder and Peeko and attack Chansey and Wigglytuff.
Also, on the topic of the egg, Chansey seems to have taken charge of it. Hopefully this doesn't change the loyalty of D******t, who I'm assuming at this point is the Pokémon inside it.

Next, Wigglytuff's holding up the amulet and shouting at something in the distance, which appears to be a person riding a Flying Pokémon (or just the Pokémon; if Chansey and Wigglytuff are in league with it). If the person/Pokémon were here to free Ryder, I believe Wigglytuff would be alerting Chansey to its presence, rather than calling to it, and it certainly wouldn't be waving the amulet around. Therefore, we can assume that it's another minion of Chrior/the red-eyed child. I don't believe it's the child himself because he's still locked up in that other dimension (hopefully).

Also, Peeko seems to be recovering somewhat, but I doubt he'll be instrumental in Ryder's escape.
Peeko is a pet - I doubt it'll be able to fight anyways.
Not sure if you can count on a baby Pokémon - newly hatched - to save the day...
Maybe Wigglytuff's just too surprised; remember that this is a snapshot, a frame. If Wigglytuff just saw the person flying in - assuming he's here to help Ryder - the instant reaction would be surprise before he/she could alert Chansey. The 'waving amulet' can also be interpreted as 'throwing up the arms in surprise'.
I find it hard to picture the red-eyed kid flying in on a bird, if he can freely travel between dimensions. Hoopa!

Peeko is a pet - I doubt it'll be able to fight anyways.
That was my point; perhaps I stated it a little too sarcastically.

Not sure if you can count on a baby Pokémon - newly hatched - to save the day...
It's just my guess. It's the only ally of Ryder's that we've seen (and anything else could therefore be interpreted as deus ex machina) that's not imprisoned, and unless Mr. Briney is a lot more powerful than he lets on, it's the most likely thing I could see happening.

Maybe Wigglytuff's just too surprised; remember that this is a snapshot, a frame. If Wigglytuff just saw the person flying in - assuming he's here to help Ryder - the instant reaction would be surprise before he/she could alert Chansey. The 'waving amulet' can also be interpreted as 'throwing up the arms in surprise'.
I viewed Wigglytuff's right arm as sort of cupped around its mouth as people do to shout long distances, but I guess it could be in surprise as well.

I find it hard to picture the red-eyed kid flying in on a bird, if he can freely travel between dimensions. Hoopa!
I don't believe it's the red-eyed kid either; I posted saying it was more likely to be a minion. I'm also not sure he can travel between dimensions; it seems more like he's trapped in one.

And I'm not sure what you mean by Hoopa.

I viewed Wigglytuff's right arm as sort of cupped around its mouth as people do to shout long distances, but I guess it could be in surprise as well.

I don't believe it's the red-eyed kid either; I posted saying it was more likely to be a minion. I'm also not sure he can travel between dimensions; it seems more like he's trapped in one.

And I'm not sure what you mean by Hoopa.

Yeah, imagine Mr. Briney squashing them both with an oar. "You dare hurt my Peeko? *Bash* *Bash* *Bash*"

Wigglytuff's arms are too short to cup its mouth.

Maybe Mr. Briney told Mr. Stone that'll Ryder should be finding him; Mr. Stone sent Steven to pick him up / find him since he hasn't appeared after a whole day.

Do you prefer Steven thrashing them, or Mr. Briney bashing them? Both should be fun.

P.S. Hoopa was just sidenote - dimensions, you see the link?

Yeah, imagine Mr. Briney squashing them both with an oar. "You dare hurt my Peeko? *Bash* *Bash* *Bash*"

Wigglytuff's arms are too short to cup its mouth.

Maybe Mr. Briney told Mr. Stone that'll Ryder should be finding him; Mr. Stone sent Steven to pick him up / find him since he hasn't appeared after a whole day.

Do you prefer Steven thrashing them, or Mr. Briney bashing them? Both should be fun.

P.S. Hoopa was just sidenote - dimensions, you see the link?

The length of its arms aren't enough to stop it from trying. I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are plenty of instances in the anime in which a Pokémon with short arms has raised a hand to its mouth and shouted, even if it didn't cup it.

Oh, definitely Mr. Briney. :p Steven is the Champion, so it's nothing new to see him beat up Pokémon. Mr. Briney, on the other hand...

The length of its arms aren't enough to stop it from trying. I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are plenty of instances in the anime in which a Pokémon with short arms has raised a hand to its mouth and shouted, even if it didn't cup it.

Oh, definitely Mr. Briney. :p Steven is the Champion, so it's nothing new to see him beat up Pokémon. Mr. Briney, on the other hand...
Imagine he's flying in on a Pelipper (quite possibly); Pelipper happens to be related to Peeko. I don't know which one would be worse - Mr. Briney and his oar, or parent Pelipper who'll swallow you down.

I'm still waiting for Mr. Briney to come flying in on his Pelipper and beat up those two... they've been around for long enough. Months on end!

This is really interesting.
The Pokemon also looks like it could be a Ninjask, although I don't know if that's from Gen 3 or not...
And since this Pokemon and it's trainer are flying over the ocean, is it not possible that they come from another region?

Back