General PokéBeach Adventures Discussion Thread!

lol what? You do realize what you're saying, right? I hope you know the definition of PG-13. Nowhere did we say we would be showcasing beheading, mating, or torturing Pokemon. I have no idea where you might have gotten that from. The banner is simply showing a small conflict between a human character and a Pokemon. Sure, we've shown a bit of blood in the previous banners, but I don't see how that's something to overreact about.
And the blood comes from Ryder. Us humans are fine bleeding sometimes.

I like the new banner! The three-scene idea is a nice one; it's great to see an entire battle in one banner, rather than each fight taking a few months.

I have a few questions, however.
1) Why did they want the amulet?
2) In the third panel, what are the white things surrounding Chansey? They look sort of like Hebrew...I can see חנ, plus a few other marks.
3) 252+ SpA Chansey Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Wingull: 62-73 (28 - 33%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Why did Chansey OHKO Peeko with Flamethrower?
Yeah, I like the modernist style. And do we really, really have to go on about game mechanics? By game mechanics, Ryder can't battle without his own Pokémon, can't punch a whole crater out of Wigglytuff, etc, etc.

But, but, you can't just hit Pokemon!
I thought that entire crater on the side of Wigglytuff's face was a little bit over the top too. It's just not Pokémon enough.

Next time an animal attacks one of you I'll just watch and say "Hey, you can't fight back! Make sure you white out!"

Where do you see a single drop of blood?
I don't see anything worse than the anime.

It doesn't need to have blood to be shocking or to some extent inappropriate. In the anime we had Drapion trying to crush Ash but even so we've never seen humans hit Pokémon so clearly, more so regarding Wigglytuff and worse yet on the front page!

lol what? You do realize what you're saying, right? I hope you know the definition of PG-13. Nowhere did we say we would be showcasing beheading, mating, or torturing Pokemon. I have no idea where you might have gotten that from. The banner is simply showing a small conflict between a human character and a Pokemon. Sure, we've shown a bit of blood in the previous banners, but I don't see how that's something to overreact about.

Lol, the PG 13 was just a joke! That said, like I've replied to another user above, coming here and seeing a Wigglytuff being hit so clearly is indeed shocking and seems one of those lame PETA joke games of Pokémon!

I wonder how this battles is going to end. We can see how Chansey is using Sing, so the next banner might show us a weird dream about Ryder's past or something.

I thought that entire crater on the side of Wigglytuff's face was a little bit over the top too. It's just not Pokémon enough.
I don't think it's permanent. Just the effect of Wigglytuff's blubber rebounding from Ryder's punch.

Hey, Wigglytuff didn't just take the necklace, it broke it! One of the spikes is flying near Ryder's arm!
I have a few questions, however.
1) Why did they want the amulet?

I heard another poster suggest that the Pokémon might be working for the red-eyed kid (who I still think is named Chrior.)
If the Pokémon do work for him, perhaps they are breaking the necklace because the necklace had protected Ryder from Chrior?

This banner does take things a little too far if you ask me. Considering this site is also well visited by younger folks. But whatever... kids on the internet what haven't they seen. :(

I heard another poster suggest that the Pokémon might be working for the red-eyed kid (who I still think is named Chrior.)
If the Pokémon do work for him, perhaps they are breaking the necklace because the necklace had protected Ryder from Chrior?
Wait, who's D******t, then? I thought he was the red-eyed kid...

Those white things don't look like music notes to me, but some Hebrew spells that grant Ryder the ability to hit Pokemon is even more unlikely...

Wait, who's D******t, then? I thought he was the red-eyed kid...

I thought D******t was the Pokémon that will hatch from the Egg.
It says "follow the adventures of Ryder, D******t...."
and shows a picture of Ryder with a blue blur. I thought it was a faded image of whatever's in the Egg.

I think that "Chrior" is the red-eyed kid's name because on the last day of preparation for the new 'Beach, there was a new sentence:
"Chrior's been waiting forever anyway."

You're assuming Chansey and Wingull are the same level:

0 SpA Chansey Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Wingull: 681-802 (5675 - 6683.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This is on an extreme scale--I doubt this Chansey is L100--but Peeko is most likely a low level since she seems to be more of a pet for Briney than a battling companion.

Props to Ryder for not crying like a sissy and knocking tf outta that Wigglytuff.

I would assume that the Chansey is about Peeko's level; Peeko may be a pet, but a wild Chansey probably hasn't had too much battling experience, particularly if her first resort is Hyper Beam.

I would assume that the Chansey is about Peeko's level; Peeko may be a pet, but a wild Chansey probably hasn't had too much battling experience, particularly if her first resort is Hyper Beam.
Who said wild? If we assume they're here for a purpose other than have fun with Ryder (i.e. they belong to the Red-eyed kid) then they're probably not that low level.
'First resort is Hyper Beam'? How is that low level? That only shows someone gave it a TM to learn that move. That's not something to shrug off.

Who said wild? If we assume they're here for a purpose other than have fun with Ryder (i.e. they belong to the Red-eyed kid) then they're probably not that low level.
'First resort is Hyper Beam'? How is that low level? That only shows someone gave it a TM to learn that move. That's not something to shrug off.
True, but I honestly can't imagine the red-eyed kid relying on a Chansey, if it's his, which we still don't know if it is. While Ash may see the best in all Pokémon, most villains typically go for the strongest (i.e. Mewtwo, Genesect, etc.). The red-eyed kid could be an exception, I guess, but I'd rather theorize under the assumption that he is not.

As for the TM, not necessarily. We're not sure how TMs are applied to a Pokémon, but it's likely that a Trainer isn't required. In the Pokémon world, people drop random stuff on the ground all the time; it's not a stretch to say the Chansey found the TM after someone – perhaps Norman, since Mr. Briney lives kinda close to Petalburg City – dropped it.

True, but I honestly can't imagine the red-eyed kid relying on a Chansey, if it's his, which we still don't know if it is. While Ash may see the best in all Pokémon, most villains typically go for the strongest (i.e. Mewtwo, Genesect, etc.). The red-eyed kid could be an exception, I guess, but I'd rather theorize under the assumption that he is not.

As for the TM, not necessarily. We're not sure how TMs are applied to a Pokémon, but it's likely that a Trainer isn't required. In the Pokémon world, people drop random stuff on the ground all the time; it's not a stretch to say the Chansey found the TM after someone – perhaps Norman, since Mr. Briney lives kinda close to Petalburg City – dropped it.
Are we seriously like, going tht deep into game mechanics? I know, but not every villain has a legendary Pokémon under their disposal. Maybe trying to disguise the evil under the cuteness. Though I guess that if REK is from another dimension and appears in those portals, does he have a Hoopa? (I know Hoopa didn't exist yet, but still.)

Deep analytics. I have no reply to the second part.

Back