Ruling Poison vs poison

Zeto

Milotic
Background: I was playing pokemon gb2, and after I poisoned a pokemon with a "20 damage between turns" poison condition, the damage it takes is now 10 instead of 20. I believe this has to do with the game itself (probably a bug).

Question: So i was wondering, does a special condition update itself or does the effect stays? For instance:
Turn 1: Opponent Darkrai is poisoned by Crobat Galactic (so 40 between turns)
Turn 2: Opponent Darkrai is poisoned by a normal poisoning attack (so 10 between turns)
Between turn: how much does darkrai lose?

Thank you in advance

New instances of the same Special Condition always override the old ones.
Always.

(For Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed, the newest 1 of those 3 overrides the older one.)

What is pokémon gb2?

And as DNA stated, new status conditions override previous ones, so the 40 between turns poison gets replaced by a 10 between turns poison.

CarlosDuranJr said:
What is pokémon gb2?

And as DNA stated, new status conditions override previous ones, so the 40 between turns poison gets replaced by a 10 between turns poison.

Pokémon GB2 is the 2nd Pokémon Card Game Gameboy game. It was only released in Japan.

Ah, so it was not a bug. Thank you for the clarification.

And just to put it out there, if anyone may be interested, while the game was only released in Japan, there are some english versions of the game out on the internet, translated by people. I really recommend it (the story's hard to believe though).

Back