DPPt/HGSS PM899's HeartGold Nuzlocke

pokemeister899

VM if you want to play ACNL with me!
Well, I decided to replay HeartGold again, but this time I decided to have a twist. What if this time, I did a nuzlocke of it? So, I decided to start a nuzlocke. Decided to just do a basic nuzlocke on this one, and the rules for this are...

Rules:

1. Can only catch the first Pokemon on each route. If I accidentally kill it, too bad.(exceptions will be made for shinies)
2. Must nickname each Pokemon
3. When a Pokemon faints, its dead, and it gets boxed forever.
4. No catching legendaries(for use in the nuzlocke anyways)
5. Nuzlocke ends when I beat Red.

Also, I decided to have a little community input for this run. If you guys want, I can name the Pokemon I catch after you if you want,(first come first serve) or give a Pokemon I catch a certain nickname as well, on a voting system.

How to vote

A person posts a suggestion for the name. If you agree, just like the post. The one that gets the most likes is what I will go with.

Well, looks like its going to be Totodile. I'll let people vote until tomorrow though, just in case.

EDIT: Well, 2 hours past the deadline, and with a total of 3 votes, I chose Totodile as my starter. Part 1 won't be till later, though.

New things I added:

5. Nuzlocke ends when I beat Red.

You guys will also be naming my rival too. You guys will also be naming my rival too. Also if you guys want, I can name the Pokemon I catch after you if you want, or give a Pokemon I catch a certain nickname as well.

Well thats it! On to part 1: (a couple days late I know, sorry)

So I start the game. I pick Totodile as you guys voted for, and it turned out to be female. I named her Trista. I then followed through the game how it normally goes, and leveled up Trista one. I then stopped after Prof. Elm said there was a stolen Pokemon.

Current Team:

Trista/Totodile- Level 6

Deaths:0

OK, I know Part 1 was short, but I did it so you guys could vote for the rival name. If I get no votes at all, I'll just name him Silver. Deadline for voting ends on Tuesday the 29th, 5 PM EST. You can also choose if you wanted to be named after the first Pokemon I catch now too if I want, on a first come first serve basis, and if you want to vote instead for a different name for the first Pokemon I catch, you can do that too.

Also, how to vote for the rival name/pokemon name:

A person posts a suggestion for the name. If you agree, just like the post. The one that gets the most likes is what I will go with.

When I played Heartgold with Nuzlocke rules, I was lucky enough to not lose any Pokemon until the Elite 4. I trained them all 10 levels higher than the highest level any trainer would have, so by the elite 4, they were all level 60. I suggest you invest some time in training lol Oh, and try to get an Ice move, because if I had one, I would have beaten the Elite 4 with no deaths at all.

evilpacman said:
When I played Heartgold with Nuzlocke rules, I was lucky enough to not lose any Pokemon until the Elite 4. I trained them all 10 levels higher than the highest level any trainer would have, so by the elite 4, they were all level 60. I suggest you invest some time in training lol Oh, and try to get an Ice move, because if I had one, I would have beaten the Elite 4 with no deaths at all.

Thanks. I need all the help I can get, although I've tried Nuzlocking other games before, I either failed at the champion or I decided to quit mid-way. Definitely will grind my Pokemon though, but I kind of want to make this run a bit challenging, so I probably won't have it 10 levels higher than the other trainers.

pokemaister899 said:
evilpacman said:

Thanks. I need all the help I can get, although I've tried Nuzlocking other games before, I either failed at the champion or I decided to quit mid-way. Definitely will grind my Pokemon though, but I kind of want to make this run a bit challenging, so I probably won't have it 10 levels higher than the other trainers.

I suppose I understand the challenge, however, my particular challenge was to make it without losing a Pokemon lol I've started on Firered too and I'll have to say its way harder to train them to keep them even a few levels higher. Its definitely a more difficult game than HeartGold, I would say. Anyway, good luck. I've successfully beaten HeartGold but I've stopped before fighting Ash because you need way too many HMs to get to him (useless ones) so I would have to replace some of my party with HM slaves and risk not having enough good Pokemon on my team to successfully beat him.

evilpacman said:
pokemaister899 said:

I suppose I understand the challenge, however, my particular challenge was to make it without losing a Pokemon lol I've started on Firered too and I'll have to say its way harder to train them to keep them even a few levels higher. Its definitely a more difficult game than HeartGold, I would say. Anyway, good luck. I've successfully beaten HeartGold but I've stopped before fighting Ash because you need way too many HMs to get to him (useless ones) so I would have to replace some of my party with HM slaves and risk not having enough good Pokemon on my team to successfully beat him.

Yeah, I've heard HG/SS was the hardest one to nuzlocke.

Anyways the deadlines up, with only one suggestion for the rival name(OhNo!It), so I'll go with that then.(man more people need to view this so I can make this whole community input thing better)

Anyways, I'll edit later with Part 2.

EDIT:

Part 2:

So I went back to Cherrygrove and defeated my rival, it was a pretty easy fight(Trista gained a level). Then back at New Bark I named him OhNo!It as Dialkia198 suggested.

Route 29 catch: Larry the Hoothoot. I don't know if I'll use him as a real team member or box him, but for now I'll just keep him along with me. I also leveled up Trista a level in the grass. I then went back to Cherrygrove, and stopped at Route 30.

Current Team:

Trista the Totodile: Level 8
Larry the Hoothoot: Level 3

Deaths: 0

Remember you can still vote for a name for the second catch I make, or have it named after you.(first come first serve)

Back