PlumeTomb's one great flaw!!! (How SP's can beat it!)

People are guessing it will. We may not even get it and Lost World.

http://pokebeach.com/2010/09/novembers-english-set-hs-triumphant
Eight Pokémon Prime, including Gengar and Machamp

enough proof, and we is people who pay attention

We still don't know about Lost World. But I DO know that getting your Dialga G X thrown away for good will DESTROY DialgaChomp.

Now if only there was a way to get Dialga G Lv.X from the opponents bench to their hand so it stays in their hand for one turn.

Looks at Mismagus SF. SWEET.

I'm talking kill Dialga with Gengar Prime/X and Cursed Droplets/Compound Pain. But if you CAN get DGX in there hand that's even better. Or if you Looker's them and hope they draw it. But that'd be VERY luck based.

Hunter, they will most likely pick up their Garchomp C X or something good like that. (Depending on the game state, that is) Then you can GET RID of their heal. If you can get rid of their Dialga G basics, that's not bad either.

Edit: Mistakes, and added just a good addition to Gengar that may/not have been forgotten.

Mismagius from SF is definitely something I will add now that I look at it. I was running one from UD in case someone was using an Umbreon, but SF is much better.

You can use Crash Chant right after they get DGX out and make them discard all their energy gains. That will severely disrupt any SP deck. Of course then you could use Horror chant if you survive a turn.

This thread is for finding ways for SP to beat these decks, not for them to beat SP. Create your own thread if that's what you wish to discuss.

I found that I beat the deck 3-1 times with Luxchomp. Just Bright Look the Vileplume and Lock Up with Azelf.

Well if you can judge or lookers theyre warp away and lock up, then thats a good strategy. But not too many luxchomp builds have room for those cards.

Not exactly. I waiting until he was forced to use his Warps because he couldn't get any other Energy.
He was really desperate.

It is a hard matchup for Luxchomp but it is still definitely in your favour if you play it right. Dialga should beat this full stop. However luxchomp players will need to play smart. The key is to break the lock for a turn and then your in the clear. Your hand will be massive by the time you break the lock giving you enough ammunition to set up enough pokemon in that turn for multiple KOs later in the game. Most vilegars wouldnt judge you as it is just stupid to get rid of the trainers which increase their attack's damage.

I went BRs and did face a vilegar and from my own experiences thats how it went. I dont agree with the OP as they set up multiple stage 2s by turn 2-3. They still have supporters and if they play the right ones it will increase their consistency drastically.

Basically you just assume to out-speed them is what you are saying. The one flaw I see in this logic is that most people who run this deck run 2 Spiritombs and 4 collectors and 4 Bebes. Spiritomb is the ultimate speed up because he says "EVOLVE NOW!!!" good idea but unfortunately I think it's very situational depending on what the player has prized and what they start with. A friend of mine running this deck plays 4 Spiritomb so that statistically she is almost guaranteed to start with one. Your plan could work in theory if they get a bad start hand or f they only run one Spiritomb.....but the deck is designed with at least two at least in all the variations I have seen.

I run 4 'tombs along with Vileplume. I also work with Collector's and Bebe's (obviously) along with BTS and a few Rare Candies (my only trainers, usually)That way, if I get an unfortunate trainer lock-less start, I'm always locking by the start of T2 at the latest (or end of T1 if I go second).

You are right, you do I need to play smart. Once I broke the Lock, I loaded my hand with Sprays and took out everything. Garchomp and Luxray went crazy with his bench. The most important thing to remember is that you need to AVOID Fainting Spell by sniping or playing it smart with Toxicroak G Promo. I hit the Fainting Spell and lost my Luxray GL LvX. You need to watch out for it.

Back