PlumeTomb's one great flaw!!! (How SP's can beat it!)

@ProfessorJ: I like that idea of Banette although it gives up an immediate prize. But the 3-1 Luxray in no reason is a better play than 2-2 for moving things out of the way. The ONLY reason that it might be is that you might start with a Luxray GL instead of some other basic but a 2-2 is much better because it allows for two consecutive Bright Looks without PokeTurns (if you were somehow able to get the entire 2-2 line in hand/field). For that reason it's better to play 2-2 in order to do 60 to 'plume and then drag it up and KO it if you don't have access to Garchomp C Lv.X Dragon Rushing right away or want to save your energy for some other reason.

I'm an idiot?

12 year olds these days...smh

I'm trying to understand your logic, because you change your mind every post. Do you honestly think that Dialgachomp beats Polterpluff consistently? You're sadly mistaken. Even if you were to shut off Vileplume, After Dialga gets one/two shotted, the titanic has sunk for you. Not to mention you'd be down 3 prizes at least unless you godstart, which is highly unprobable.

I honestly do not think that you have tested the matchup at all. Your theorymon is way off, and i'm sure I know much more about Dialgachomp than you do, I mean, we can compare articles if you really want?

Also, please consider DGX hitting for 80 damage, and how are you getting around Fainting spell? You can't leave that out of the matchup...once Gengar is gone, you risk losing your tanked dialga, am I correct?

Don't tell me you play 3 crobat, and if you run skuntank then retreating is always feasible, not to mention you are giving up space which reduces your ability to win in the luxchomp matchup.

Darkartisan is right on everything nuff said.
By the rime you manage to get DGX out your already down by 2-3 or even 4 prizes! And yah ofc theres no way for u to get around fainting spell... out of 3 dead gengars your atleast gonna get killed once by fainting spell... if not one then its 2 times. And Gengar Lvx is gonna level u down anyways, you cant save powersprays just for level down cause poltergeist is gonna kill you... There is no way SP can win consistently against VilGar... It can win some matchups sometimes if the VilGar player makes alot of mistakes and-or has a terrible start.

And about bright looking Oddish before he sets up the lock... how are you gonna set up a luxray with a trainer lock?? (spiritomb or gastly will lock you) Vileplume will be set up before Luxray unless the SP player gets a perfect hand to start the match

Its not that hard. You bright look to get out of trainer lock from tomb, while taking out another form of trainer lock- oddish.

That's the point, though. It comes down to whether or not you can out-speed the Vileplume setup whilst under trainer lock. Viletomb decks are built to build up Oddish-->Plume quickly, under trainer lock, before the opponent has a chance to snipe you off.

Ha! BT and Darkartisan make me laugh! How do you get around Feinting Spell? Skuntank, belt, crobat.

^IMO it's a lot to set up. Once you get a Cyrus's, play it, and get a Collector, get a Crobat/Skuntank, a Dialga, and whatever, leave the Gengar with one or two HP Remaining (?) and Flash Bite/Poison structure it. Skuntank can work, but you need it at exactly one HP remaining otherwise they'll free retreat out. You expect to Deafen, Claw Swipe, Flash Bite, or Poison Structure them to death, while Gengar is hitting you with at least four times the damage.

Hey just got a great idea. If the Vilegar player sets up vilepume really fast then there is no need to waste resources on much. all you have to do is be careful of what you get with Cyrus, but make sure to get a Pokemon Collector. Get Frosslass GL and Unown Q and Azelf LA. next turn just Sleep Induce the Vileplume. Now they have to spend an energy to retreat it. if they attach an energy AND wake up, then just use the Azelf to Lock it up. If they warp energy out, then try to Sleep Induce it again REALLY soon.

did anyone forget about looker/judge?

seriously, with all of the constant looker/judge, I doubt you will still be holding power spray.

I doubt you will survive if you hold your power sprays ^^ Okay skuntank my fainting spell, but hey I dont have only one gengar, im gonna see it coming next time it happens. And you are always talking about ideal scenarios man, if you hold that expert belt and all your power sprays and your other stuff your talking about, gengar will have the time to kill atleast 1 to 3 pokemons before your combo sucessfully works. And sometimes id rather take the 50-50 chance because im always so lucky loll ^^

If I keep only 2 in my hand at a time and continue attaching SP Metals (Made easy with Energy Exchanger) you will do 0 damage.

So Rikko you are only going to keep 2 sprays in your hand and have energy exchanger and have energy to exhange and have skuntank etc.

Are you starting to get the picture. You cannot possibly do everything you are talking about all the time.

When was the last time you actually played your Dialgachomp deck against a GengarPlume deck. I am not saying you will lose, but all this is just talk until we actually see it in action.

NJPokeDad - Oh, but you can. The whole point is to use up or shuffle in every trainer you have that you don't want. It's pretty easy with Cyrus. I wanna get rid of a supporter I drew, get a Skuntank G, and an energy? I'll cyrus for an SP Radar, a energy and a Cyrus. Then use the SP Radar to put the supporter back and get my Skuntank. After the 3rd turn I start using Cyrus to get Power Sprays. You can't have a Gengar Lv.X set up until T3. Therefore, you can still hold off for 4-5 turns.

BubbleTea- I've yet to see you support what you're saying with facts. You're just talking in circles, hoping to get somewhere yet going nowhere.

^ what get spray and radar, aren't you only able to grab 1 galactic tool?? thats the way i've seen it played.

and please don't state that people are talking in circles thats been thrown at you quite alot in this thread

Oops, my bad, typo. You couldn't hit the water by throwing a stone off a boat, let alone hit me with that accusation.

Back