Pokemon Playing Pokemon

Do you tell your friends that you play?

• Yes, I do tell

Votes: 59 67.0%
  • No, I keep it a secret

Votes: 29 33.0%

• Total voters
Ophie said:
I really want to show people that Pokémon is about more than a 10-year-old boy named Ash who hugs a Pikachu.
yeah show 'em whose boss!

you're right. I wish they knew how complicated pokemon is nowadays. well, kids that are less than 10 years old can't play the pokemon games "right". I bet they won't be able to understand what IVs, EVs, DVs, shiny probabilities, chaining pokemon, and similar stuff mean. I jst wish some guy who hates pokemon just open smogon and see the breeding guide in their. Man he might go crazy! yes, pokemon wasn't created for kids, it was created for young men, the men of future!! :p

Let the world here us!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>POKEMON RULES!!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

You know what, the only reson we are suffering like this is just because of the anime(English dub). It just sickens me to think all those people who call me a nerd(with delta_storm :p) only because of the anime. I know I am overreacting but it's true.

The real thing about pokemon is not about "catching them all" or being a complete fool. The only problem is not us but those who are blinded by the truth since they think they are right no matter what. I heard from my two classmates that they do not play pokemon since it is very embarassing, so what? I've seen it in many people also in my school. Another problem is the peer pressure since many are affected by this.

This all means that "go all odds, be yourself, don't be afraid of losing friends because if they are truly your friends, they will not abandon you".

And now, all i wish is that everyone in my shool understands this.

^ You ARE right about this. the only thing I find childish about pokemon is the anime. but not the movies, they really are good. anyway, even if it looks childish, this doesn't mean that it's still bad. i watch it although i'm about 16 now. Well now, let's all pokemon fans spread this words to the world! let's all post links about this thread, in aims, forums, everywhere! let the world here us!

Yeah.. It's the anime.. I get teased in school by them singing the "gotta catch em all", it just is annoying that the anime is ruining the strategic element of pokemon.. Try letting them memorize all the EV IV TCG rules and those stuff from the compedium.. It takes a large brain to play pokemon.. and those who ridicule you for it, dont worry, They just have a smaller brain content than you.. (that's how i think of it)

Yeah, I can still remember about 2 or 3 years ago when my classmates started singing anime openings, and one was singing pokemon.. man that sucks..

Amre92 said:
you're right. I wish they knew how complicated pokemon is nowadays. well, kids that are less than 10 years old can't play the pokemon games "right". I bet they won't be able to understand what IVs, EVs, DVs, shiny probabilities, chaining pokemon, and similar stuff mean. I jst wish some guy who hates pokemon just open smogon and see the breeding guide in their. Man he might go crazy! yes, pokemon wasn't created for kids, it was created for young men, the men of future!! :p

Let the world here us!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>POKEMON RULES!!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Well, this would be a college seminar, so even if a 10-year-old would show up, it'd be one of those super-genius kids who'd be able to understand everything anyway. If your brain can't comprehend how EVs, IVs, and Natures, and so forth work, then you're not ready to be in a university yet. Of course, I'm sure some people would find themselves completely overwhelmed, coming in thinking it would be simple.

There WAS this term paper for a class I had a few semesters ago. We could write about whatever we want. That's because the professor is one of those really curious guys who's willing to read about anything, and he wanted us to share our knowledge with him. So I wrote one about how to obtain the right stats for a Pokémon to use in battle. I explained about Effort Values, Individual Values, Natures, Breeding, Egg Groups, Base Stats, Leveling, Experience Points, and other stuff I forgot; it wound up being 16 pages total. (This doesn't include how to pick moves or how to battle, as they'd require equally long papers. I had mentioned this too.)

That's the kind of stuff I'd teach if I could host a seminar. The question is how I could get to doing this, and if any of the department heads would let me.

Amre92 said:
I wish they knew how complicated pokemon is nowadays. well, kids that are less than 10 years old can't play the pokemon games "right". I bet they won't be able to understand what IVs, EVs, DVs, shiny probabilities, chaining pokemon, and similar stuff mean. I jst wish some guy who hates pokemon just open smogon and see the breeding guide in their. Man he might go crazy! yes, pokemon wasn't created for kids, it was created for young men, the men of future!! :p

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with you here. Games like Call of Duty 4 and Guitar Hero (The most popular games where I live.)Are both WAY harder than Pokémon, even with the EVs and IVs and stuff. Coold kids would just say "Yea its still a really dumb game."

I like Pokeymanz said:
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with you here. Games like Call of Duty 4 and Guitar Hero (The most popular games where I live.)Are both WAY harder than Pokémon, even with the EVs and IVs and stuff. Coold kids would just say "Yea its still a really dumb game."

I actually really agree with you there, and guitar hero isn't that hard, just crazy fun!

I like Pokeymanz said:
Amre92 said:
I wish they knew how complicated pokemon is nowadays. well, kids that are less than 10 years old can't play the pokemon games "right". I bet they won't be able to understand what IVs, EVs, DVs, shiny probabilities, chaining pokemon, and similar stuff mean. I jst wish some guy who hates pokemon just open smogon and see the breeding guide in their. Man he might go crazy! yes, pokemon wasn't created for kids, it was created for young men, the men of future!! :p

Is that so? Because they both(I've played and watched both of them) lack a strategetic element. It really depends on what genre of game you're best at playing.

You guys are lucky if you "Don't care" about that. Because most of the people in my school, and now even some of my friends are making fun of me because of it.

I didn't say the were more strategic. I said they were harder. There's a difference. And CoD4 does have strategy, FYI.

When someone makes fun of me for liking Pokémon, I say "Shut up fool, you don't know what the [expletive] your talking about. Pokémon is [expletive]ing gangsta, ya hear?"

If you younger people decide to use this method, I'd strongly suggest you narrow down your choice of words.

It's both easy and hard. Younger players are unlikely to bother learning all the finer points of the game, but there is still plenty of challenge in beating the elite four and completing the dex. On the other hand, older gamers tend to find what I just mentioned easy (or boring) and instead go for battling other human players, ala competitive battling.

Well the TCG used to be very hard and strategic and challenging.. Till G&G and Magmortar came along.. Now everyone just uses those 2 decks

Back