Do you tell your friends that you play?

• Yes, I do tell

Votes: 59 67.0%
  • No, I keep it a secret

Votes: 29 33.0%

• Total voters

Lt. Empoleon

°•ЭmρōĿēøמ™•°
I have been playing Pokemon for a while, and I like to keep it a secret. The only people that know are my parents, some of my cousins, and my brothers and sisters. I posted this thread to see if I'm not the only one who doesn't tell anybody. So please post, telling me if you tell your friends or you keep it a secret.

NO ONE KNOWS I LIKE POKEMON!! Not even my parents, cousins, aunts NO ONE!! trust me its not just you! I thought it was only me. but then i came to this site and i realized it wasnt just me!

I thought that I was the only one also! I do not tell much people, but my mom and dad always tell everyone sooo yeah.

Moneyking63 said:
NO ONE KNOWS I LIKE POKEMON!! Not even my parents, cousins, aunts NO ONE!! trust me its not just you! I thought it was only me. but then i came to this site and i realized it wasnt just me!
Wow, not even your parents, harsh. How can you keep it a secret from your parents? How do they not find your cards lying around everywhere?
echobreach said:
I thought that I was the only one also! I do not tell much people, but my mom and dad always tell everyone sooo yeah.

Ohh, my parents keep it a secret for me...

Moneyking63 said:
So do you not own any of the games or something? Or do you just buy them on your own and then hide them? That's gotta be pretty hard to manage.

What's to be ashamed of? I'm just wondering, what's to hide? Pokemon's fine. Nothing wrong with it. Just tell people. Monkeyking, why keep it a secret from your parents -_-. I tell mine everything (almost). They were actually HAPPY that I got out of Yu-Gi-Oh for Pokemon, because they never liked how the cards looked :p.

[/off topic]

Point is, there's nothing bad to hide, so why hide it?

Sustaining status thats why some people probably hide it. Really if you know popular kids who play pokemon that would be rare unless they keep it secret.

Yes I keep it a secret only my family knows.

Well, all of my friends are in Pokemon, and half my family plays, and I'm home-schooled, so I have no one to hide it from =]. What's so bad about Pokemon anyway that it lowers one's social standing?

People just think its nerdy after you finish Elementry there is about five people who probably still play Pokemon.

Basically alot of kids these days are closed-minded and just label Pokemon as nerdy.

Sylar said:
What's to be ashamed of? I'm just wondering, what's to hide? Pokemon's fine. Nothing wrong with it. Just tell people. Monkeyking, why keep it a secret from your parents -_-. I tell mine everything (almost). They were actually HAPPY that I got out of Yu-Gi-Oh for Pokemon, because they never liked how the cards looked :p.

[/off topic]

Point is, there's nothing bad to hide, so why hide it?

Lucky, if I told everybody at my Junior High(I'm in 7th Grade) my rep would go down the toilets, literallky.
Panda said:
People just think its nerdy after you finish Elementry there is about five people who probably still play Pokemon.

Basically alot of kids these days are closed-minded and just label Pokemon as nerdy.

Totally feel your pain. All the popular kids just think pokemon is just a game for losers who have no life. WRONG

I wish I could tell my friends I liked Pokemon, but it is too risky...

And this forum is only for non-Pokemon topics. Now moving...

*Move*

Everyone knows that I play Pokemon. I'm the class social reject.

Lol, don't mini-mod, no matter how nice it may be. Let the mod do the tough job for you. :p Pokemon IS a game for losers. We are humble people.

Lulz SNN.
Hmm, if they ask I'll tell if they don't I don't
Because I don't need to tell the whole world I play Pokemon. =/

I have liked Pokemon since I was 4, and only a few people know I still like it now! Back when Pokemon first came out, everyone had liked it. Now, many people still like it, except the people who claim Pokemon is stupid (when in reality thay probably like it), so people hide the fact they like Pokemon. But what really is there to be ashamed about liking Pokemon?...

Señor Noobnerd said:
Lol, don't mini-mod, no matter how nice it may be. Let the mod do the tough job for you. :p Pokemon IS a game for losers. We are humble people.
I feel you, everytime my friends come over I have to stuff all my Pokemon-related items/cards in my closet.
Flygon said:
Lulz SNN.
Hmm, if they ask I'll tell if they don't I don't
Because I don't need to tell the whole world I play Pokemon. =/
Hmmm, that's a wierd way to handle it. Do many people ask you?
Golem King said:
I have liked Pokemon since I was 4, and only a few people know I still like it now! Back when Pokemon first came out, everyone had liked it. Now, many people still like it, except the people who claim Pokemon is stupid (when in reality thay probably like it), so people hide the fact they like Pokemon. But what really is there to be ashamed about liking Pokemon?...

Pokemon players= NERDS at middle and high schools.

EMPOLEON82294 said:
Moneyking63 said:
Wow, not even your parents, harsh. How can you keep it a secret from your parents? How do they not find your cards lying around everywhere?

Porygon said:
Moneyking63 said:
So do you not own any of the games or something? Or do you just buy them on your own and then hide them? That's gotta be pretty hard to manage.

Ya its tough. You see im an only child so when say i want to play monopoly in the middle of the day i cant go play with my brother i ask my mom or dad. This is a bad example but my point is my parents are kind of like my friends (this sounds really sad. trust me i have tons of real friends:p) so as many of you worry about what your friends think (as do I) i worry about what my parents would think as well. This isnt great. I really want to tell them. I own games but when i buy them like at the mall i make sure my mom/dad arn't with me. I buy it. Quickly rip open the package and put the game in my pocket. So ya i just buy them on my own! Cards are alot easier. I can just ride my bike to the local comic book store. They know me pretty well there:p. I hide my cards. You see i usually get home from school about a half of an hour before my mom does. so thats my pokemon time! I simply put my cards back in thier hiding places before they get home. Ya its hard to manage and im not entirely sure its worth it but i do it. You see i first started re-liking pokemon about a year ago. I cant really remember why but i did. I bought emerald. Played it whenever I could. Then eventually bought some cards ect. I'm not a huge card player but i love reading cities reports and i stayed tune about the world championship last year! Pokebeach is the only forum i go on because i find its more caring. Were kinda like 1 big family (WEEE WOOO WEEE WOO CORNY ALERT CORNY ALERT:p) So thats my story! thanks for the support!

Moneyking63 said:
EMPOLEON82294 said:
Moneyking63 said:

Porygon said:
Moneyking63 said:

Ya its tough. You see im an only child so when say i want to play monopoly in the middle of the day i cant go play with my brother i ask my mom or dad. This is a bad example but my point is my parents are kind of like my friends (this sounds really sad. trust me i have tons of real friends:p) so as many of you worry about what your friends think (as do I) i worry about what my parents would think as well. This isnt great. I really want to tell them. I own games but when i buy them like at the mall i make sure my mom/dad arn't with me. I buy it. Quickly rip open the package and put the game in my pocket. So ya i just buy them on my own! Cards are alot easier. I can just ride my bike to the local comic book store. They know me pretty well there:p. I hide my cards. You see i usually get home from school about a half of an hour before my mom does. so thats my pokemon time! I simply put my cards back in thier hiding places before they get home. Ya its hard to manage and im not entirely sure its worth it but i do it. You see i first started re-liking pokemon about a year ago. I cant really remember why but i did. I bought emerald. Played it whenever I could. Then eventually bought some cards ect. I'm not a huge card player but i love reading cities reports and i stayed tune about the world championship last year! Pokebeach is the only forum i go on because i find its more caring. Were kinda like 1 big family (WEEE WOOO WEEE WOO CORNY ALERT CORNY ALERT:p) So thats my story! thanks for the support!

Wow, it must of taken you forever to write that. I only go to Pokebeach too because all the other sites seem so dark and broody. Pokebeach is so light and understandable.

lol ya, when i want to write i go all the way! I dont no how i stumbled across pokebeach but hey i like it!!

I keep it secret except 2 friends that know and also play. But everyone else at school doesn't know, everyone thinks its geeky for some reason.

Back