Pokemon Playing Pokemon

Do you tell your friends that you play?

• Yes, I do tell

Votes: 59 67.0%
  • No, I keep it a secret

Votes: 29 33.0%

• Total voters
If you tell your friends that you like Pokemon and they don't want to be your friend because of it, they were never your friend in the first place and you're better off without them.

I don't hide the fact that I play Pokemon. I don't go around with a sign on my back declaring it to the world, but if someone asks, I'm not afraid to say yes.

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
If you tell your friends that you like Pokemon and they don't want to be your friend because of it, they were never your friend in the first place and you're better off without them.

I don't hide the fact that I play Pokemon. I don't go around with a sign on my back declaring it to the world, but if someone asks, I'm not afraid to say yes.

Haha, you're like me. Actually more of I'm like you coz I'm younger then you. >.>

Not many people at my school play. :F
@Lt. Empoleon-See? It ain't a weird way. XD

*Umm sorry if this was spam. XD

I never tell a sole , my sister and mom know and dialy they bash me for playing it

I have consistent stress over saying , its just like any other game , just younger kids like it more

my sister will not keep it secret , that's why I never bring my girlfriend to my house , shell just rat me out at dinner

if I'm friends with anyone shell find a way to hurt me in that regard.

Its hard to fight the public , gosh its a video game

halo 3 is a video game , spyro is a video game

yet everyone who hasn't played it , or know details about it say it should be some 10- age game

I'm really sick of always trying to view my point

if anyone knew at school I'd be ruined

it happened once , I lost my popular status for a while , took me a long time to get that back

so yeah I'm right with ya bud.

I keep it dead silent secret

I am the one kids at my school, and everyone knows I play Pokémon. In fact, I try to mention it whenever I can. Seriously people, It's not a big deal if thy know or not.

well I'm different then some people

for me at MY school

it is a huge deal

no one in their right mind,if they're popular would say they play

think of it from my view :

I'm the JV baseball captian , 1Oth grade , not a soul plays it at the my 2nd school , cus I'm virtual schoold and regular

and one of the most popular guys , because I'm like the school comedy guy , if anyone knew at a top high school in florida for being the top sports high school
I would be laughed at daily

I can't take that , just hurts me in my view , so I just keep it at home , if its just home I'm fine

Most of my friends know i play pokemon.. Who wouldnt when they see one's house practically littered with cards.. Yes, i may be teased at school but i dont give a **** because i know i'm smarter than them.. They don't have the right to put someone down of their hobbies..

I don't go out of my way to tell people, but I don't keep it a secret. My parents know, my best friends know, etc,

I don't see why I should keep it a secret. If I want to play Pokemon then I will do just that, and if anybody has a problem with it, then good for them. I don't care.

Flygon said:

Haha, you're like me. Actually more of I'm like you coz I'm younger then you. >.>

Not many people at my school play. :F
@Lt. Empoleon-See? It ain't a weird way. XD

*Umm sorry if this was spam. XD
Hmm, wait till you meet the people at my school. They make fun of it on a daily basis.
Ryan"TheSeaKing" said:
I never tell a sole , my sister and mom know and dialy they bash me for playing it

I have consistent stress over saying , its just like any other game , just younger kids like it more

my sister will not keep it secret , that's why I never bring my girlfriend to my house , shell just rat me out at dinner

if I'm friends with anyone shell find a way to hurt me in that regard.

Its hard to fight the public , gosh its a video game

halo 3 is a video game , spyro is a video game

yet everyone who hasn't played it , or know details about it say it should be some 10- age game

I'm really sick of always trying to view my point

if anyone knew at school I'd be ruined

it happened once , I lost my popular status for a while , took me a long time to get that back

so yeah I'm right with ya bud.

I keep it dead silent secret
My dad was like that for a while, but then I explained the game to him and then he understood it. Man, we're like the same.. :F

riskbreakers said:
Most of my friends know i play pokemon.. Who wouldnt when they see one's house practically littered with cards.. Yes, i may be teased at school but i dont give a **** because i know i'm smarter than them.. They don't have the right to put someone down of their hobbies..
Well I usually just tell my friends that they're by step-brothers cards, and they believe it.
AlanJLegend said:
I don't go out of my way to tell people, but I don't keep it a secret. My parents know, my best friends know, etc,

I don't see why I should keep it a secret. If I want to play Pokemon then I will do just that, and if anybody has a problem with it, then good for them. I don't care.

I'm proud that you're not afraid to tell. I wish I could tell...

I totally agree with what PMJ said. I will just tell my friends that I'm playing it & I do not really mind whether they tease me or not because it is a hobby or more like an entertainment to me... :D

Instead of wondering, "oh noes theyre gunna hate me :( :( :( :(" why don't you try and use your social status to get people informed? You're gonna keep something you like a secret just cause your "friends" don't like it? :/

Who knows? You might get a few more players out of it. I guarantee you'll have a better time hanging out with people who you know are your friends than people that you have to constantly wonder if they'd still like you if they found out you like Pokemon. People like that are trash. Real friends don't shun each other if one guy doesn't like something the other one likes. How ridiculous is that?

The situation is never as bad as you make it seem. Really.

I wish I didn't care what others think. I'm pretty popular at my school, in a situation similar to Ryan "The Sea King"'s. Normally, I'd be proud that I like Pokemon, but there are really hot girls at my school, and I don't wanna give those up :p. I like my social status, me and my friends always do crazy stuff like throw ice at each other and run around my town climbing on roofs x_x. Being popular, I get a lot of fun privliges, and I don't want to give them up. Pokebeach is my outlit, where I can be myself (Corny alert =3). MY girlfriend is also popular, and it's not that she'd hate me, just a popular girl going out with a dork would screw her status up so bad! Basically, I want to tell people I like Pokemon, but that would put too much on the line and destroy me. Besides, even if some popular kids like it the others would push us out into social reject land x_x.

Also, my parents and siblings know I like it. I have 7 brothers and sisters, and all of them, old and young, like to tease me about it. It almost slipped when I brought my girlfriend for dinner (My pokemon stuff in a closet in my room) and my little brother said "RYAN! Can you tell us a story about pok-" broke off with a kick to the leg, my heart beating fast with fear x_x. Yeah, one of my younger brothers likes me to make up stories about Pokemon adventures x3

[/vent feelings]

EDIT: I never knew I could write 2 paragraphs about it <_<

I don't have much of a social status at school. I am one of those people who isn't popular but isn't made fun of all the time. Only my true best friends know that I like pokemon and they don't care. I am thinking of telling others, and like PMJ said, if they can't accept you, then they aren't really your friends. And people think I am weak at school because I am short, but there was this bully at school once and he tried to beat my up, the next day he was on crutches. No he wasn't, but his hand was bruised (because of me, I hate it when people underestimate me for my hight, well, thats what they get!)

Instead of wondering, "oh noes theyre gunna hate me :( :( :( :(" why don't you try and use your social status to get people informed? You're gonna keep something you like a secret just cause your "friends" don't like it? :/

Who knows? You might get a few more players out of it. I guarantee you'll have a better time hanging out with people who you know are your friends than people that you have to constantly wonder if they'd still like you if they found out you like Pokemon. People like that are trash. Real friends don't shun each other if one guy doesn't like something the other one likes. How ridiculous is that?

The situation is never as bad as you make it seem. Really.
Then I've got no true friends:( Both of my "so called" true friends make fun of me when they see my cards at home:(

PokeLen said:
I don't have much of a social status at school. I am one of those people who isn't popular but isn't made fun of all the time. Only my true best friends know that I like pokemon and they don't care. I am thinking of telling others, and like PMJ said, if they can't accept you, then they aren't really your friends. And people think I am weak at school because I am short, but there was this bully at school once and he tried to beat my up, the next day he was on crutches. No he wasn't, but his hand was bruised (because of me, I hate it when people underestimate me for my hight, well, thats what they get!)

Me too, I have been one of the shortest at my school. Even if I don't have a very high social status, I still have a minor one. And believe me, I don't want to crash it.

yeah. i only tell only my friends. today my secret almost got out when outload, this kid says did you like the pokemon city championships. i answered what the crud are you talking about! but no one herd. people at school make fun of poke mon most everyday so i try to keep it secret except 2 my friends.

I like my status in school right now. You aren't getting so much attention your head is being blown off and I don't get bothered by other people as much. I am in the right place. I don't want to be "popular" because a lot of the "popular" people pretend dumb and eventually it stops being pretend and they really become dumb. I bet if one person in my school wasn't "popular" he would be in a much better situation in his life. I care for others and hate other people who pick on people smaller than them. When someone gets made fun off or gets hurt by some other people, I fell there same pain, I am not kidding. Like when this kid at my school (he is mentally disabled) is being made fun off because he is fat and he doesn't understand it which hurts my heart so much. He even said "bye bye guys" and I almost cried when I saw this. Even when I think of it now it tears me up.

furroshi man said:
yeah. i only tell only my friends. today my secret almost got out when outload, this kid says did you like the pokemon city championships. i answered what the crud are you talking about! but no one herd. people at school make fun of poke mon most everyday so i try to keep it secret except 2 my friends.

Haven't you ever wanted to just go around asknig everybody if they play Pokemon? Jeez, I just want to do it so bad!!

yeah. i guess i want to too. if only after 2nd grade pokemon didn't become "uncool" i mean if pokemon is "uncool" why does almost every kid play yugioh. i mean if you think pokemon is " uncool" why is yugioh so "cool"

furroshi man said:
yeah. i guess i want to too. if only after 2nd grade pokemon didn't become "uncool"

Dude for my school Pokemon became "uncool" in first grade. 2nd grade was the era of Yu-Gi-Oh. Stupid Yu-Gi-Oh

furroshi man said:
yeah. i guess i want to too. if only after 2nd grade pokemon didn't become "uncool"

Well, for me it stuck around until 4th grade and then everyone just banned pokemon out of the society. In 3rd grade the most "popular" kid in school liked pokemon. Then in 4th grade everyone thought it was some kind of virus or disease and didn't want to be anywhere near it.

*Cough Cough*

Oh crap I just got infected

[/sarcasm]

Pokemon is way better than that!

Back