Plasma Storm discussion

ECHOxLegend said:
Reverse Holos look reeeeeeally nice for plasma card, well, at least Rotom does.

but anyway, my PR had a theme deck draft and they let me look at the lists and both theme decks have 2 Colress and 1 Hypnotic laser, and one had Plasma grunts I remember, and the other had some other plasma trainer. I do remember there being escape rope. I also know that one comes with Infernape and its preceeding cards, which was really popular today along with Rotom and Heatmor(Pokemon Catcher+burn, for 1 fire energy). sorry I cant be more specific then that.

Alan said:
wow im siked about the theme decks having 2 colress and a hypnotoxic laser!! definetely getting a few!

That's awesome. Well, less happy about the Colress, but it means Hypnotoxic Laser won't be as expensive. That's great news.

So I found out that HTL was in the theme decks.
Then I bought 3 HTL.
Oops. At least I had leftover eBay gift cards.

So how much will the Lasers be worth? Some of my friends were thinking they were going to settle at around $10, which I think is a bit rediculous.

Eviolite is in a theme deck and its 3 Dollars. So maybe a 3 dollar card as well.

I dont understand why laser is about $10. It's nowhere near similar to playability such as catcher. These prices are only reflecting pre mass release.

r3skyline said:
I dont understand why laser is about $10. It's nowhere near similar to playability such as catcher. These prices are only reflecting pre mass release.

Catcher is normally valued higher than 10$, and in any case, the value is going to tank once people realize that it's in a Theme Deck and the prerelease hype goes down. It's going to be one of the most played cards in the format though, so I wouldn't be surprised if the price stayed close to 10$, especially since each theme deck only has 1 of them.

Blah said:
r3skyline said:

Catcher is normally valued higher than 10$, and in any case, the value is going to tank once people realize that it's in a Theme Deck and the prerelease hype goes down. It's going to be one of the most played cards in the format though, so I wouldn't be surprised if the price stayed close to 10$, especially since each theme deck only has 1 of them.

I never understood these pricings from 3rd parties. N/Prof juniper are pretty much staples, but i dont see their prices hitting $10 per normal art. :/

It's because Catcher is from such a bad set. The sets that Juniper and N are from aren't as horrible as Emerging Powers. It's much more difficult to gain access to Catcher because no one wants to buy packs from Emerging Powers.

Blah said:
It's because Catcher is from such a bad set. The sets that Juniper and N are from aren't as horrible as Emerging Powers. It's much more difficult to gain access to Catcher because no one wants to buy packs from Emerging Powers.
Also, N and Juniper have both been printed 2 or more times.

theme decks are about the same price, so why not get the theme decks and then also end up with energy and play set of colress?

Alan said:
theme decks are about the same price, so why not get the theme decks and then also end up with energy and play set of colress?

Because it's less expensive to buy 4 Colress online then buy 2 Theme decks.

No look, colress is ~1 dollar and HTL is like 10 atm. So a theme deck will be worth more than the deck actualy is. (until TnT realizes its in the decks [Which they mightve already])

QWERTY DITTO said:
Blah said:
Also, N and Juniper have both been printed 2 or more times.

And because Catcher was short printed to about 0-2 a box.

That's never been proven, and probably the only reason people keep saying that is because there's increased demand for the card due to how popular Catcher is in general.

Back