TCG Fakes Plasma Dragon's Text-Based Fakes

I was about to mention that. To quote Cheren, what a complete bother!

Enough quoting Cheren. Tri Attack's wording is just a bit too convoluted. Here's what I suggest (changes in italics, stuff to remove has a strikethrough):

Flip 3 coins. If exactly 1 of them is heads, this attack does 20 damage plus 50 more damage and your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Burned. If exactly 2 of them are heads, this attack does 20 damage plus 100 more damage and your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Burned and can't evolve during your opponent's next turn. If all of them are heads, this attack does 20 damage plus 150 more damage and the your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Burned, Paralyzed, and can't evolve during your opponent's next turn.

Here's what it would be without italics and strikethroughs:

Flip 3 coins. If exactly 1 of them is heads, this attack does 50 more damage and your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Burned. If exactly 2 of them are heads, this attack does 100 more damage and your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Burned and can't evolve during your opponent's next turn. If all of them are heads, this attack does 150 more damage and the your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Burned, Paralyzed, and can't evolve during your opponent's next turn.

Fixed

I was tying to use the wording of this card
Kricketune-Triumphant-24.jpg

But it did not work as well as I hoped :p

Fixed

I was tying to use the wording of this card
Kricketune-Triumphant-24.jpg

But it did not work as well as I hoped :p

The problem with a card like that is its outdated. The wording you chose wouldve been great for the HGSS era, but not the BW or XY eras. You honestly would've needed to choose a card from the correct era for maximum realism!

O okay cool thanks for the advice! Um but what if there is not a card with the effect you want how do you know how to word it correctly?

O okay cool thanks for the advice! Um but what if there is not a card with the effect you want how do you know how to word it correctly?
About an hour ago I had to make two effects from close to scratch, and had to use 5 references for each effect. Now, I'm not going to give away that effect right now as I'm using it for CaC, but I can walk you through the an effect I've made for a past contest.

I want to design an effect that would allow me to swap energy on the Defending Pokemon with those in the discard. This was inspired primarily by Jellicent PHF, so I naturally would bring that up. I'll type up the Jellicent's text: "Attach 3 Energy cards from your opponent's discard pile to his or her Pokémon in any way you like." Now, there's a couple problems with this:
- Firstly, I want to be swapping the Energy, not attaching it.
- Secondly, I want the player to be swapping as many energy as they want (i.e. not limited to 3).

To find the correct wording for these, I either use pkmncards.com or the official pokemon.com generator. I recommend the former as the latter is slow, has less [working] searching options and is notorious for being glitchy (i.e. not searching properly in some situations). Anyway, for the first change, I think of possible wordings. I come up with 'move' and 'swap'. I start with the first wording, typing in pkmncards.com simple 'text:"move"' to generate search results. I note that "move" seems to be used when something goes from one place to other (Aromatisse XY, Energy Switch, Absol ROS). I then search 'text:"swap". Unfortunately there is nothing there of use. I'm not too confident that "move" is the correct wording, so I go to the Thesaurus and see what other words there is for swap. I notice "switch" there, so I go and search up that (text:"switch"). I note that all the uses of 'switch' are when a Pokemon goes to the bench or goes to the active (Switch, Galvantula PHF). Not really what I want, either. So, I'm faced with a decision: do I use "move", "switch" or "swap"?

I decide that if I was to use "move" the attack would be quite wordy - I'd have to say something like "Move an energy in your opponent's discard pile to your opponent's Defending Pokemon. Then, put an energy attached to your opponent's Defending Pokemon into the discard pile." I put the attack into a game circumstance - what would happen if I don't have any energy attached to the Defending Pokemon? I can attach one according to that wording, which is unfortunately NOT what I was wanting to do with the effect. So I cross off "move", leaving me with "switch" and "swap".

I put the two words into the possible sentence: "Switch 3 Energy cards..." or "Swap 3 Energy cards...". Honestly swap sounds better, and switch has been used strictly for switching Pokemon around, so I decide on "swap". However, the wording is quite novel, so I probably can get away with either. From this point I get the following wording:

"Swap 3 Energy cards from your opponent's discard pile to his or her Pokémon in any way you like."
References: Jellicent PHF

Now, I want to make it so I can swap as many Energy cards as I like. I do the searching like in the previous paragraphs for the correct wording... but when I try to put it in the structure, it doesn't really make sense! ("Swap as many energy cards from your opponent's discard pile to his or her Pokémon in any way you like.") To fix this, I go and look at the wording structures used for the "as many" type of clause through this search term: +text:"as many" (+text just means exactly). I notice the common structure is this (Serperior LT, Camerupt-EX, Flygon FuF): <verb> as many <noun> <from where> <article i.e. to + to where; used depending on effect> as you like.

I simply fill in these gaps: I want to "swap as many Energy cards attached to the Defending Pokémon <article i.e. to> in the discard pile as you like."
Now I have to decide on the article. 'To' doesn't work with the verb 'swap' as the action is a circular thing. "From" however grammatically does, so I use that. Now, I could have just looked at Mew-EX's Versatile for the basic structure revolving around Energy, but for the sake of this walkthrough, I am assuming you haven't heard of Mew and can't be bothered looking through piles of scans.

So this is what I get:

"Swap as many Energy cards attached to the Defending Pokémon from in the discard pile as you like."
References: Jellicent PHF, Flygon FuF

Then I check over for other smaller wording errors. Is everything correctly captilised? Well, yes - the Jellicent PHF reference used the same words (i.e. Energy, Defending Pokémon, discard pile). Is it Energy or Energy cards? Remember "Energy" only ever exists while attached to something. Because the term we are using refers to both those attached to the Pokemon and those in the discard, we have to use "Energy Card" (Energy doesn't exist in the discard pile, nullifying "Energy" as the correct wording). And once you've checked everything, you're all done!

Hope this makes sense :)

Okay I see so what you do is look at other cards with pieces of the effect you want then modify your effect based on the other cards text. Thanks!

2 more cards for everyone's pleasure! :D

Stage 1–Bisharp – Dark– HP100
Evolves from Pawniard

Hidden Power:
[C][C] Guillotine
If this Pokemon has less Retreat Cost than the Defending Pokemon's printed Retreat Cost, this attack does 100 damage. Otherwise this attack does nothing.

Ability: Razor Body
If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out), put 2 damage counters on the Attacking Pokémon.

[D][D][C] Critical Slash 70+ damage
Flip a coin. if heads, this attack does 70 more damage.

Weakness: [F]
Resistance: [P]
Retreat: 1
Stage 1–Electrode– Electric– HP90
Evolves from Voltorb

Hidden Power:
[L][C][C] Trump Card 30+ damage
Put as many cards from your hand as you like on the bottom of your deck in any order. Then, this attack does 30 more damage for each card placed on the bottom of your deck in this way.

Ability: Down Draw
Once during your turn, before you draw a card at the begging of your turn you may draw from the bottom of your deck instead of the top.

[L][C] Thunder 50 damage

Resistance: [M]
Retreat: 2

Last edited:
Oh, wording is much better! For Down Draw, have a look at Luvdisc FF, while whenever refering to a a Pokemon like the Active or Defending, it should be "now Knocked Out". It is also "Flip a coin. If heads,".

I think Guillotine is a OP, even for something like that. There are cards that increase the Retreat Cost, meaning you only need two of those to get automatic KOs on everything. I suggest doing 80-100 damage instead.

I altered Bisharp's Guillotine attack making it less OP (can you check the wording because I could not find any Pokemon that referenced a printed retreat cost).

Fixed Electrode

I am going to be going on vacation tomorrow so I won't be able to make cards so I am going to make a bunch of them now so you guys have something to look at while I am gone! :D

Basic–Latias– Dragon– HP100

Hidden Power:
[R][P][C] Super Sonic Aerial Ace 80+ damage
If Latios is on your Bench, this attack does 50 more damage.

Ability: Energetic Friends
If Latios is on your Bench, Ignore all [R] Energy in the attack cost of this Pokemon.

[R][C][C] Hyper Beam 70 damage.

Weakness: [Y]
Resistance:
Basic–Latios– Dragon– HP130

Hidden Power:
[W][P][C] Dragon Rush 100+ damage
If Latias is on your Bench, heal 50 damage from this Pokemon.

Ability: Energetic Friends
If Latias is on your Bench, Ignore all [W] Energy in the attack cost of this Pokemon.

[W][C][C] Fly Off 50 damage.
Switch this Pokemon with 1 of you Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: [Y]
Resistance:
Stage 2–Chandelure– Fire– HP120
Evolves from Lampent.

Hidden Power:
Ability: Soul Absorption
When your opponents Active Pokemon is Knocked Out by damage from this Pokemon's attack, The attacks of this Pokemon during your next turn do 50 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokemon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[R] Blaze Up 20 damage.
Attach 2 basic Energy cards from your hand to this Pokemon.

[R][C][C] Inferno Cannon 50+ damage.
Switch this Pokemon with 1 of you Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: [W]
Resistance:
Stage 2–Serperior– Grass– HP130
Evolves from Servine.

Hidden Power:
[G][C] Grass Tornado 30x damage
This attack does 30 times the amount of [G] Energy attached to this Pokemon.

[G][C] Superiority
During your next turn any damage done to this Pokemon by attacks is reduced by 40.

[G][C][C] Solar Beam 90+ damage.
This attack does 10 more damage for each Pokemon with [R] energy attached to it.

Weakness: [R]
Resistance: [W]
Retreat: 0
Basic–Wooper– Water– HP50

Hidden Power:
[W][W] Big Woop 50 damage.
The Defending Pokemon is now Confused.

[C] Splash 10.

Weakness: [G]
Resistance:
Stage 1–Quagsire– Water– HP90

Hidden Power:
[W][F][C][C] Sinkhole 80+ damage
This attack does 20 more damage for each [C] in your opponent's Active Pokemon's Retreat Cost. And The Defending Pokemon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn.

Ability: Covered In Mud
If this Pokemon has any [F] Energy attached to it this Pokemon's type is both [W] and [F].

[W][W] Water Gun 70 Damage.

Weakness: [G]
Resistance:
Retreat: 3

Make these cards last because I probably won't make more till I return.

Last edited:
Bisharp is still OP. Heaps of Pokemon have 2 or more printed retreat cost. Check out Team Aqua's Muk, Beartic FuF and a Shoulder Throw Throh for wording.

Your others look quite good. Wording is pretty good on the most part, I'm not entirely sure 'Bench' should be captilised (you'd need to check that). Enjoy your vacation :>

Basic–Carnivine– Grass– HP90

Hidden Power:
[G][G][C] Swallow Up 80 damage.
Does 50 more damage for each Special Condition affecting the Defending Pokémon and the Defending Pokémon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn.

[G][C] Luring Smell
Switch the Defending Pokémon with 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. The Defending Pokémon is now Asleep and Poisoned.

Weakness: [R]
Resistance:

I made a card of myself using my new avatar as an image. Hope you like! (Also I know this is for text based but this is like a one time only thing and I did not want to make a new thread that I would never use).

Plasma Dragon Card FA.jpg

Sorry I was away for so long. But all that matters is that I am back and got more cards!

Stage 2–Nindoqueen–Psychic– HP120
Evolves from Nidorina

Hidden Power:
[P][C] Queens Decree
Search your deck for Nidoking, and put it onto your Bench.

[P][P][C] Toxic Horn 70 damage.
The Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned.

Weakness: [P]
Resistance:
Retreat: 3
Stage 2–Nidoking–Fighting– HP140
Evolves from Nidorino

Hidden Power:
[F][C] Kings Decree
Search your deck for Nidoqueen, and put it onto your Bench.

Ability: Lady Lover
The attacks of this Pokemon do 10 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokemon for each Nindoqueen on your bench (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[F][F][C][C] Mega Horn 100+ damage.
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 30 more damage.

Weakness: [W]
Resistance: [L]
Retreat: 4

Last edited:
I think one of the most important things that I have picked up on his the accent in "Pokémon"! Other than that, Kings Decree and Queens Decree should probably be "King's Decree" and "Queen's Decree" cause grammar, while for the wording, see Charizard-EX XY Promo 17 [and Archie]. Also, what is a Nindoqueen?

Energy - [C][C][C]
Special Energy

Key Energy

This card can only be attached to a Pokémon with a Mental Key card attached to it. Discard this card at the end of the turn you attached it.

Key Energy provides [C][C][C] Energy.

(If this card is attached to anything other than a Pokémon with a Mental Key card attached to it, discard this card.)

Removed Victini from the set list because I needed to add Moltress. The Legendary Brid's should always stick together!

Basic–Pikachu–Electric– HP70

Hidden Power:
[M][C][C] Iron Tail 60 damage.
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

[L][C][C] Electro Ball.
This attack does 40 damage to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Resistance: [M]

Back