~ * Pineapple X's Fakes Treehouse * ~ [UPDATED! Now With a Flying Green Thing ;3]

Pineapple X

former local demigod
Hi guys, just thought I might try making a few fakes myself too. They are all probably pretty bad. :D Just give constructive feedback, how could I make them a little better maybe? Not like this: 'yo dude these be crap stop killin mah eyes with this crap'. xD

Will update as much as I make new fakes. :)
––
Update 26th Sept., 2013:

I'm back in the faking business, son! Yeah, you heard it. And consider this a promise - these will be much better, no crap like last time. The first card should be out tonight or tomorrow. :3

RE: ~* Pineapple X's Fakes Treehouse *~

I'm no expert on fakes, but since I do know it's always a good idea to credit the original artist of the picture you use, I suggest using a reverse Google image search. If you go to the Google image search homepage, and click the little camera icon in the searchbar, you can put in the link of the picture you've found but don't know the original source of. It'll take you to other copies of that image from around the internet, and oftentimes, the original artist is near the top of the search results and thus very easily found.
It's also common courtesy to ask said artist permission first, since some don't like seeing their work crop up in random places they didn't anticipate. d:

That's actually pretty good if this is your first time really working with fake cards. One thing that I really want to see added pretty soon is an illustration text. You need to make sure you are giving credit to the artist of the artwork every time you create a card.

Another thing that I would fix would be moving the "Wish" attack up slightly. There's a bit too much space between the attacks. Also, you may want to change the fonts a bit and find clearer energy symbols.

Besides all that, good job. I look forward to seeing more fake cards from you! :)

Thanks for advice, Ice and Frezgle! Will make the next card even better. :D

RE: [UPDATED!] ~ * Pineapple X's Fakes Treehouse * ~

Bump, updated and added Meganium. Be sure to comment and give feedback! ;D

It looks ok, but it seems like you are using a fake card generator, which has low quality symbols. Gimp is a good, free way to make cards, while photoshop is a good way too, but you have to pay money to get it. Check the sticky'd fourm for more.

Also, if you don't really want to take time on making your fakes, then why make them at all?

Reggie McGigas said:
It looks ok, but it seems like you are using a fake card generator, which has low quality symbols. Gimp is a good, free way to make cards, while photoshop is a good way too, but you have to pay money to get it. Check the sticky'd fourm for more.

Also, if you don't really want to take time on making your fakes, then why make them at all?

I actually use Gimp, but I have used the fake card generator a couple of years ago when I messed with random noob fakes. :D

And I wanna make these, but just don't like use much time on them. It's fun, but I don't know if it's a thing I really wanna concentrate on that much.

Thanks for feedback anyway, you're a pro :D

He's definitely using a card generator. How do I know? Because I have been working on stuff related them for longer than I've been faking, and the cards here are from mypokecard (which I despise, for reasons I will not mention here. Nothing to do with jealousy if that's what comes to your mind).

Here is a quickly remade version of what he has using mypokecard. Notice the similarities. ALSO, notice how at the bottom center of his cards, there's some smudging and distortion? Yeeeeaaaahhhh. Look at the bottom center of this card:
http://i.imgur.com/L1HFaSH.png

Edit: I will also add this:
Fake Creations - Notice said:
No plagiarizing art. If you didn't make it, then don't say you did.

Oh, thanks for mentioning, I got these as bases which I have been building these cards on. An acquantaince of mine said that these are his self-made bases. Apparently not. Just cut the crap of me using a fake card generator, cause I'm not.

No, I'm not mad, it just pisses me off that the automatically you think these are made with a card generator.

Pineapple X said:
No, I'm not mad, it just pisses me off

Isn't that the same thing? :p

Honestly, Pineapple X, between the extreme JPEG compression and the fonts, it does look like you're using a generator. Please don't take it offensively -- a lot of us here have been doing this for years and know what to look for. But hey, that's why we're here to help!

Correct fonts are still available for (free) download, and just using those will improve your fakes 200%. Take a look in the first post of the resources sticky...there's two different downloads to help you get everything you'd possibly need. Then there's the topic of blanks...since you're using ex-series (the ones that started getting use in the EX Hidden Legends set), you can find them all by aschefield here.

Combined with the right fonts and blanks, you'll be on your way to becoming a better faker!

CMP said:
Isn't that the same thing? :p

Kinda might be. xD Bad choice of words there.

Yeah, but I swear to Arceus, I'm not using a generator. :D Don't really wanna make that big deal out of it, but my friend really did send me these as bases. I actually noticed, yeah, they're the same on mypokecard.

I'll just find new bases & fonts soon and get angry at my friend. xD

Linked you to them (well, blanks at least). And as I mentioned, the sticky has two different font downloads. Can't wait to see how you improve!

If there's anything else I can help with, let me know.

I am still quite suspicious, as the positioning on mypokecard is exactly the same. I hope for your sake that you aren't lying.

I'm not lying. But don't want to make this such a big deal. By the way, a new Absol Ex is in the making. It's gonna be much better.

By the way, what would be the best font for the EX series?

//EDIT: My friend has serious hate on me. He's copying this crap. Yay, actually found one in mypokecard. And Nod3, please don't hate. Seriously, I'm not lying. He's a frickin' Metapod (if you know what I mean), my friend. Well, if you can call him a friend. xD

RE: ~ * Pineapple X's Fakes Treehouse * ~

There's a nice guide by Fangking Omega that exists on multiple websites in their faking sections. I won't link to you any, but a quick Google search for Hidden Legend tutorials would be a good step in the right direction. It won't be the proper sizes for use with asche's blanks, but it'll be a good starter. Otherwise, just get a card scan from Pokébeach, resize it to fit over the blank, and mess around with fonts until it matches the scan...that's how we've all done it.

Hope it helps!

Ok, thanks CMP. By the way, it's possible that I'll get this thread deleted and just make a new one, as soon as I get done with new, much improved cards.

//EDIT: Yup, I'll check how things go.

I'd just edit it when you get the new cards. Makes things much easier.

Take it to Profile Comments next time guys. Half of this thread is casual conversation and I don't see one fake card in here.

Yeah, I removed them. New fakes are in the making now though.

And that's a good idea. Profile Comments <- if you got something important.

Bump & Update 26th Sept., 2013:

I'm back in the faking business, son! Yeah, you heard it. And consider this a promise - these will be much better, no crap like last time. The first card should be out tonight or tomorrow. :3

Also - the posts before this are for my old, crappy fakes.

Back