GSC Paddy's Silver Scramble! Chapter 3 now in!

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Hi everyone
This is my Scramble challenge for Silver. I will be playing this on my GBA.

For those who have not heard of this, Scramble challenges are when you have your team picked for you.

Rules:
1. No useless Pokemon. Two Pokemon for an example are Unown and Magikarp.
2. I choose nicknames + movesets.
3. No type repetition (e.g. me getting a Croconaw for my starter and then someone giving me a Gyarados). Birds don't count cos lots of 'mons use Normal type moves and normal birds are the easiest to come by (debatable but staraptor is cool)
4. No trade evolutions (e.g. Machamp), due to the fact it is incredibly hard to obtain them. Their pre-evolutions (e.g. Machoke) are allowed however.
5. No duplicates/same Pokemon from the evolutionary line (e.g. Gloom and Bellossom). Split evolutions are not allowed. For the purpose of this, and to make it more enjoyable, no 1st gen Eeveelutions, Victreebel, Vileplume, Ninetails, Arcanine, Poliwrath, Cloyster or Exeggutor are allowed, due to the fact that Evo. Stones are incredibly hard to come by in the Johto section of the game. Espeon and Umbreon are allowed though.
6. If I think you are being stupid/trolling, then I reserve right to refuse your Pokemon.
7. No Pokemon that can't be obtained without trading.
8. I need to have a Pokemon with Surf/Fly (Surf by 5th Gym), and a birdy whenever.
9. No Pokemon that are obtained obscenely late in game (e.g. Sneasel).

1st post picks starter, after that the next 5 people get to pick the team.

Reshiwott

epic gamer moment
RE: Paddy's Silver Scramble!

Seing As I'm scrambling too, Enjoy your new best friend, Staryu.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant

Lucky Fire said:
I'll give you a Pikachu. Wait, is this allowed?
I think Pikachu can only be found in Kanto, so I'll have to bypass that.

EDIT: @BleachBoy45, Ariados is Gold exclusive. Since it is nearly impossible for me to obtain it, I'll have to bypass that as well.

You can still choose again though.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant

Wow, this team is shaping up well, thanks guys :)
Now I've said I'm going to get a Beedrill next.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant

Yep, that's fine :)

So, my team right now is:
Typhlosion
Staryu
Miltank
Pidgeotto

Not that bad; I've seen people go through games with Dustox and the like doing these.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant

@ Shadow Scyther, due to the type repetition rule, I'll have to bypass that.
Ledian & Magneton are perfectly fine though.
So, it looks like I'll be using the following:
Typhlosion
Staryu
Miltank
Pidgeotto
Ledian
Magneton

As I said earlier, these Pokemon aren't actually that bad (with the exception of Ledian but then again it is an early-game bug). I'm actually incredibly pleased about Magneton, as it provides coverage on Water types and I was slightly worried about Silver's Toto/Croco/Ferali.
I'll be starting this later, cos revision is meh.

Blui

lv85 paladin

Hehe...you don't have to use Ledian much, it was something to make it alot harder.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Blui129 said:
Hehe...you don't have to use Ledian much, it was something to make it alot harder.

Uh, yes he does; blatantly ignoring a teammate goes against the spirit of the challenge, so if he _doesn't_ keep Ledian on par with his team, he has failed.

That said, being forced to use Ledian is trolling of the highest order. That said, I sincerely hope you win this challenge, TC. Ledian may be the worst Pokemon in the game, but she's cool. She'll grow on you. :]

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant

Ok, started!

Basically I called myself Paddy and picked Cyndaquil, did all the earlygame stuff and picked up a Ledyba and a Pidgey on the way to Violet City.
Just for future reference, I will most likely put watered-down events, rather than mapping everything out. Saves time, plus with revision I don't really have the time to be writing out a whole story.

Team:
Cyndaquil (Blazer) lv.10
Pidgey (Bird-Brain) lv.9
Ledyba (Spots) lv.9

Not that afraid of Falkner; the only time I might have trouble is with Mud Slap, and I've still got Sprout Tower to go through yet.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant

BUMP.

Chapter 2:
Swept Sprout Tower with Pidgey and Cyndaquil. Ledyba did ok I guess, but having Tackle and Supersonic is not actually that fun. But then I can't complain since it gets ThunderPunch+Ice Punch which in theory will help with Lance later on.
FALKNER:
Cyndaquil owned and evolved into Quilava. Some help from Pidgey (mainly to show Falkner how unhacked Pokemon are better than hacked ones), and Ledyba sat there being a Ledyba.

Team:
Quilava (Blazer) lv.14
Pidgey (Bird-Brain) lv.14
Ledyba (Spots) lv.12

I think the next Pokemon to get are Miltank and Magnemite in the-route-to-the-west-of-Ecruteak, meaning I'm going to be stuck with these guys for a while.
Not scared of Bugsy one bit at all. All my 'Mons resist Bug, and 2 of them can hit them for SE damage. Should be a total joke but then he was in G/S/C so its all good :).

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant

Bump.

Chapter 3:
Swept through route 32, and Ledyba was actually useful and learned Comet Punch! Not the best move, but still, better than nothing.
I'm so glad I got a Pidgeotto. Despite being an early-game bird, it has good synergy with the rest of my team (with the exception of the horrid weakness to rock) and has provided me with a good asset on my team.
Got to Slowpoke Well with all my team at level 17, and Pidgey and Ledyba evolved! Now Ledian might actually be useful :)
BUGSY:
Came into the Gym. Pidgeotto was hungry. Hive Badge get.

Oh and my rival presented a few challenges, but he wasn't too bad. I just can't wait until I have T-Punch on Ledian to get past Croconaw.

TEAM:
Quilava (Blazer) lv.18
Ledian (Spots) lv.18
Pidgeotto (Bird-Brain) lv.20
Coming up to Whitney, I'm actually a tiny bit scared. All of my Pokemon have a weakness to rock (Ledian having a double weakness) which means it's going to be hard, plus with Rollout getting more powerful.