Out of Training.

IGETCHEDDA

sup

So i just got done with basic training and AIT. I haven't played in 9-11 months. can anyone give me an idea of what is going on in the format? really good decks, whats up coming and if theres going to be rotations soon and does anyone know about south korea tcg play?

The new format is NXD-ON. There are going to be two tier one decks being VirGen(Virizion EZ/Genesect EX) and Plasma(Thundurus EX/Kyurem PLF/Deoxys EX). They are like the only good decks if you don't want to spend $100+ on Tropical Beach. If you want to play the cheaper and better deck, play Plasma. Tins are coming out with the 2 main EXs(Thundurus/Deoxys), and the rest of the deck is relatively cheap.

Oh sweet that is very helpful, Yeah money isn't a problem now i will look into those and quickly start playing. Again thanks :D

guys I must be crazy or something because to me virizion genesect just doesn't look too good after your first genesect is KO'd, not to mention virizion's setup attack can't even be used turn one without having virizion+grass energy+ plasma badge + colress machine + genesect EX in your opening hand personally I'd play plasma for two reasons: 1. more consistant and 2. MUCH cheaper. (once the tins are out)

You need to Emerald Slash more than once. If you just Emerald Slash once then go ape with Genesect, the deck fails. But do it 2, or 3 times if you are lucky then the deck starts to flow.

The-Kaiser said:
Congrats on finishing Basic and AIT :)

khit said:
guys I must be crazy or something because to me virizion genesect just doesn't look too good after your first genesect is KO'd, not to mention virizion's setup attack can't even be used turn one without having virizion+grass energy+ plasma badge + colress machine + genesect EX in your opening hand personally I'd play plasma for two reasons: 1. more consistant and 2. MUCH cheaper. (once the tins are out)

plasma???

IGETCHEDDA said:
The-Kaiser said:

khit said:

plasma???

Plasma generally consists of Deoxys-EX, Thundurus-EX and Kyurem-EX. You can look for it in the Deck List Help to find lists.

IGETCHEDDA said:
The-Kaiser said:

khit said:

plasma???

Oh? 82 Airborne? if i had passed my mental eval in 2005 id be there too then :) Had to be unconditionally discharged 2/3s into Basic cus Drll Sargent thought there was something wrong with me =/

Your Master said:
The new format is NXD-ON. There are going to be two tier one decks being VirGen(Virizion EZ/Genesect EX) and Plasma(Thundurus EX/Kyurem PLF/Deoxys EX). They are like the only good decks if you don't want to spend $100+ on Tropical Beach. If you want to play the cheaper and better deck, play Plasma. Tins are coming out with the 2 main EXs(Thundurus/Deoxys), and the rest of the deck is relatively cheap.

wait, are Darkrai decks going out of style after this next format? I know Darkrai and Sableye, the two staple Pokemon, are Dark Explorers and still in the game, but are they losing something else to make them unusable? Or is it just outclassed this format?

Darkrai is losing energy switch, which means it loses some of it's charm and this means that people are starting to look at running Darkrai/Garbador or Darkrai/Hydreigon but these two decks both have their flaws with a tool heavy format more people will play tool scrapper which will make it harder to lock down abilities and Hydreigon being a stage 2 and being hard to get out.
All of the means that darkrai is tipped to be tier 2 for next season (although it did win worlds).

I also feel that blastoise may stay tier 1 depending on how well ViriGen ends up doing, if people can't get it to work then they wont play it.
(Don't quote me on that)

oh i see blastoise?? darkrai variants? tool heavy :eek:

The-Kaiser said:
IGETCHEDDA said:

plasma???

Oh? 82 Airborne? if i had passed my mental eval in 2005 id be there too then :) Had to be unconditionally discharged 2/3s into Basic cus Drll Sargent thought there was something wrong with me =/

oh damn :/ im going to be with 2nd ID

ii defy said:
Darkrai is losing energy switch, which means it loses some of it's charm and this means that people are starting to look at running Darkrai/Garbador or Darkrai/Hydreigon but these two decks both have their flaws with a tool heavy format more people will play tool scrapper which will make it harder to lock down abilities and Hydreigon being a stage 2 and being hard to get out.
All of the means that darkrai is tipped to be tier 2 for next season (although it did win worlds).

I also feel that blastoise may stay tier 1 depending on how well ViriGen ends up doing, if people can't get it to work then they wont play it.
(Don't quote me on that)

Do you think Suicune will find a spot on any Blastoise Decks to potentially defend against ViriGen? Or is there simply no room?

IGETCHEDDA said:

The-Kaiser said:

oh damn :/ im going to be with 2nd ID

ahh ok :) Have fun in Korea :)

Do you think Suicune will find a spot on any Blastoise Decks to potentially defend against ViriGen? Or is there simply no room?

Like I said really not sure as I haven't played this deck either, it all depends on how consistent ViriGen becomes, if it isn't then why would people tech against a deck that you could beat using the regular strategy (and by that extention play the deck at all).

I don't think it would be too good because G-booster's attack hits through it anyway so it's an obsolete card.
IGETCHEDDA said:
Blastoise/Keldeo EX is a deck where the objective is to use blastoise's ability to attach as many water energy as you want from your hand and keldeo's attack does 50 and an extra 20 for each water energy attached. Black kyruem EX can do 200 damage for a 2 energy discard and is often put in the deck for OHKO's.
The deck has no real bad or good matchups but this may change due to a new deck called ViriGen that consist of grass pokemon that blastoise and keldeo are weak to.

Blastoise is in boundaires crossed and plasma blast
Keldeo is in boundaries crossed and was reprinted as a tin promo
Black kyruem ex is in plasma storm (I think)

Darkrai/sableye is the standard set up. It uses darkrai EX to do 90 damage and 30 to one of your oppenents benched pokemon and sableye which can grab 2 items from your discard pile. Cards like dark patch which allow one dark energy to be attached to a benched dark pokemon from the discard pile, this adds consistency and speed to the deck.

Some cards such as absol that does more damage for the amount of benched pokemon your opponent has and Garbador who can shut down all abilities (Including your own).

Because of the latest rotation, the deck loses a vital card in energy switch which allows you to set up attacks by switching energy already on the field.

If money is no object, and you are looking to get competitive then I would recommend making a plasma deck or a blastoise deck, the latter being more expensive due to the fact it need tropical beach, a $100+ card. Key plasma pokemon are being released as promos in tins released in september.

Back