ORAS OR/AS Demo Distribution

RE: ORAS Demo Distribution

His Goominess said:
Mitja said:
"regular access"?
This is as regular as obtaining the liberty ticket to catch Victini in BW.
(unless the demo would be indefinitely available via simply e-shop...which would be odd when they're making it sound so special)

The demo being infinitely accessible was what I was referring to as being 'regular access'.

Although I do recall reading somewhere that the demo would have an infinite amount of uses... which would seem odd if they do plan to release Jirachi through it. (of course this could be entirely fiction and I'm just imagining things)

Although, one thought just gone through my head.... maybe they plan to release Mega Milotic this way? Its a painful chore to catch a Feebas in the original (although I can't truthfully say I ever had to evolve one so I'm not sure what thats like), so it might be their way of allowing us to get easy access to one?
(of course.... its really not hard access to get one with the gts nowadays)

It could be infinite use ala the ranger missions, so once you've received the legend, you can play through the demo as many times as you want but you'll only be able to transfer one legend per demo.

His Goominess said:
It could be infinite use ala the ranger missions, so once you've received the legend, you can play through the demo as many times as you want but you'll only be able to transfer one legend per demo.

That's fine with me, because between my son, wife, and me that means I can get three.

Omega Soul said:
I'd love to bring over a mega gallade, or something similar.

considering Wally's been advertised with Mega Gallade, it makes more sense that we'd get it from Wally in the game.

I think the only real candidates for this are either legendary Pokemon (of which the most likely candidates would probably be Jirachi or Deoxys) or something thats found ingame but is very rare.

His Goominess said:
Mitja said:
"regular access"?
This is as regular as obtaining the liberty ticket to catch Victini in BW.
(unless the demo would be indefinitely available via simply e-shop...which would be odd when they're making it sound so special)

The demo being infinitely accessible was what I was referring to as being 'regular access'.

Although I do recall reading somewhere that the demo would have an infinite amount of uses... which would seem odd if they do plan to release Jirachi through it. (of course this could be entirely fiction and I'm just imagining things)

Wynaut same limit as pokebank celebi?

If it is in fact Jirachi, as many here speculate, I hope it is a shiny one. I would love that!

Mitja said:
His Goominess said:

How exactly did they handle the Bank Celebi?

Jaime Runt said:
If it is in fact Jirachi, as many here speculate, I hope it is a shiny one. I would love that!

Considering Japan recently had a Shiny Jirachi event, it might not be too far off to say that the Jirachi we'd get is a clone of said event.

Jaime Runt said:

Well it does say something special would happen if you replay the demo everyday, so that would make perfect sense. And not out of place as already mentioned above, there was a shiny Jirachi distribution recently in japan only.

Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:

How exactly did they handle the Bank Celebi?

"Only one special Pokémon is available per copy of Pokémon Bank. Even if you store Pokémon from multiple games, you can get only one Celebi!"
One Celebi per system or Nintendo ID account.

Since the demo is said to transfer with the same method (pokemon link), this is pretty safe to assume to be the same deal.

Anyone else here thats in NA getting irritated Nintendo has not only announced, but even shipped and given out promo codes for the demo- while we sit here wondering WTH we are going to even get an announcement? Im personally really hoping they dont pull some garbage where its "exclusive to Nintendo Club Platinum Members 2013-14". Also, Id really rather they not do Game Stop either, since I only shop there when I have to, and I dont want to be forced to pre order when I can just go grab a couple copies at Walmart at midnight. Plus, the GS'saround here dont get enough Pokemon pre orders to actually do a midnight release, and Im surprised they even did a few for Smash 3DS.

NoDice said:
Anyone else here thats in NA getting irritated Nintendo has not only announced, but even shipped and given out promo codes for the demo- while we sit here wondering WTH we are going to even get an announcement? Im personally really hoping they dont pull some garbage where its "exclusive to Nintendo Club Platinum Members 2013-14". Also, Id really rather they not do Game Stop either, since I only shop there when I have to, and I dont want to be forced to pre order when I can just go grab a couple copies at Walmart at midnight. Plus, the GS'saround here dont get enough Pokemon pre orders to actually do a midnight release, and Im surprised they even did a few for Smash 3DS.

You don't have to pre-order to get a code when they're given out via gamestop.

Mitja said:
NoDice said:

You don't have to pre-order to get a code when they're given out via gamestop.
Very true, it just gets old having to tell people no more than once, like a female trying to fend off a drunk male at a party. Anyways, I honestly just want an announcement for the demo soon, since the anticipation is killing me. -__-

I have a feeling that the demo will not come to NA.

KiKi said:

The demo has a page on the ORAS site, so it would seem odd that they'd put it on there and not give NA the demo.

I think its just a waiting game until NA finds out where to get codes or however the demo's gonna be distributed.

His Goominess said:
KiKi said:

The demo has a page on the ORAS site, so it would seem odd that they'd put it on there and not give NA the demo.

I think its just a waiting game until NA finds out where to get codes or however the demo's gonna be distributed.

I think that NA might still be working out how it's going to be distributed, that's probably why we don't have an announcement. Which leads me to believe it's not going to be a simple Gamestop event, because if that were the case there wouldn't have been much to work out and it would've been one of the first to be announced.

Bolt the Cat said:
His Goominess said:

I think that NA might still be working out how it's going to be distributed, that's probably why we don't have an announcement. Which leads me to believe it's not going to be a simple Gamestop event, because if that were the case there wouldn't have been much to work out and it would've been one of the first to be announced.

I agree. If they are still negotiating with Gamestop, they don't really have any time left to get codes out, etc. And if it's already sorted with Gamestop, they'd have no reason to withhold that information. I'm guessing they're going to do a club Nintendo thing.

If it IS a real demo though, I think it will go free downloadable after a few weeks, just like Smash did. Otherwise, it's not really a demo if it's not free/easy to get for everyone. Then it's just a glorified event. Doesn't mean they won't do that, I just think it defeats the purpose of a demo.

Aerodactyl said:
Bolt the Cat said:

I agree. If they are still negotiating with Gamestop, they don't really have any time left to get codes out, etc. And if it's already sorted with Gamestop, they'd have no reason to withhold that information. I'm guessing they're going to do a club Nintendo thing.

If it IS a real demo though, I think it will go free downloadable after a few weeks, just like Smash did. Otherwise, it's not really a demo if it's not free/easy to get for everyone. Then it's just a glorified event. Doesn't mean they won't do that, I just think it defeats the purpose of a demo.

Club Nintendo would probably be even easier since it's an internal distribution method, they don't have to negotiate with a third party for it to work.

I got tickets to Firstlook in the Netherlands today so I'll get the Demo Code October 11th. I'm not sure if I can use it right away or that I have to wait until the 15th to play the Demo. I'll keep you informed.

Drohn said:
I got tickets to Firstlook in the Netherlands today so I'll get the Demo Code October 11th. I'm not sure if I can use it right away or that I have to wait until the 15th to play the Demo. I'll keep you informed.
It's been officially confirmed that the demo codes start working on the 15th in the e-shop.

I'll be getting my code on the 10th of October from GameCity. :p

Teal said:
It's been officially confirmed that the demo codes start working on the 15th in the e-shop.

I'll be getting my code on the 10th of October from GameCity. :p
Worth keeping an eye on either way. Nintendo's been known to occasionally screw up the date on these things. A few eshop titles have gone live before they were supposed to.

Back