One Star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be mean or anything, but you constantly break the game rules in the game corner...

Also, to contribute to the speculation and answer one or two questions:
Water Pokémon Master said:
The fourth star would need to find the scroll hidden within the chaotic universe to help return the chaos to order.
...implies that the "new" moderator is the one that has already been chosen before. Also, the person is probably active only on the TCG forums, and thus was "not able to find the scroll." Many people in the TCG forums never visit the lower forums, eliminating their chances of finding this thread.

It can be nearly impossible to create a complete zero tolerance for SPAM. Spamming newcomers are easily spotted because of their low level (post count) and some of their spammin can slide through by a caution.

In the forum I run, I just go around deleting every single SPAM I see without a notice. The posts do not belong there. They should never have been there. So it's better they just disappear. It keeps the forum clean by making it easier and more comfortable to read and saves a lot of space in the end (on the forum server). I can give a caution PM to some newbies (longtime members should now better by now and need not to be notified) but if the rule braking/bad manor behavior continues, there will be consequences.
I see that here too, which is good. Too bad the lack of mods lets a lot of the unwanted garbage slide through. There's just not enough mods to spot every singe post :/ That is why even one new mod can make the situation even a little better.

I just hope WPM makes a good choice. Too bad I don't really know that many people here and so can't give my own guess/recommendation for the position.

I really don't know why Water Pokemon Master does this. I think it should be a bulletin that is locked his thread always gets spammed
up :F .

Actually that did happen here on the forums last year. I wondered why he took the stars away for along time after he took them away but most of us spamed more and more every time another star appeared. Basically it was a race to see who could get the most stars. I think only supermods have them now but I have seen regular members with stars still. Probably because they don't spam a lot but they did look cool while they lasted.:)

Sam von Noobenschtein said:
D&P, why has your post been doublified? o_O

Anyway, 0 SPAM = Great and non-annoying. We need to buy some anti-pesticide.

Me and everyone else wants these forums to be a good place so Pokébeach will need a mod that can handle things very well.
Look at Serebii. They've got a whole big pack of mods. And look at the noob situation there. It's worse than ours, to some extent. Having more moderators does not mean there will be less spam. All spam is handled everytime a mod comes online. Which is quite often, actually.
Sam von Noobenschtein said:
Exactly. Tough as nails with zero tolerance for rule breaking. A bit like A_A or Abhorsen. I cant remember which one SNN said was like that. Probably both :]
It was Abhorsen.

Youre right SNN, so it was Abhorsen. A_A is a bit more patient then I guess.

But the more noobs they get, they will need new mods. We should get a new mod that has a good time zone so there is almost always a mod/super-mod online.

There does not necessarily have to be a mod online forever. It's not THAT bad. :p

Lol. But it would ensure less spam if you know what I mean. Im usually on at the same time as c-m :F. I dont know what his local time is but he might be an hour forward, an hour back or at the same time as me. Or something worse :p

I checked your profile and it said you were 1 hour behind me. Its 11:38am in France.

SNN is 6 hours infront of me though :/ jk.

I think the reason WPM wants less mods is because he wants the members to get to know our staff well. Look at Serebii. Stay there for a month and you still won't know half the forum team.

Thats a good point actually. I dont go to the serebii forums. Look at Roserade's review? Leaf Storm WTH? Energy Ball better for it :/

Anyway, how many mods is there excluding super-mods? 7 is it? That is a few but maybe just one last mod will put the icing on the cake. Then we get to eat the cake.

Señor Noobnerd said:
I think the reason WPM wants less mods is because he wants the members to get to know our staff well. Look at Serebii. Stay there for a month and you still won't know half the forum team.

In other words, an forum environment inwhich the moderators aren't seperated from the rest of the non-members. If that is what WPM is trying to do, that couldn't be a more better idea.

Look at the item. It's a specs set, and with Roserade's extreme quickness, Specs Leaf Storm is gonna hurt a lot, barring resistance.

Everyone in this thread makes me lol. Just stop posting already, you guys are only digging yourselves deeper.

Hi guys, I'm back now. I've been away for three days and still no - one gets moded. Very strange. Also, I'm very sorry C-m about my lack of grammer, I will try to spell more correctly from now on.

Very strange, you say? Well, three days is hardly anything. Be patient. It's not like the world's going to go boom. :F

Señor Noobnerd said:
It's not like the world's going to go boom. :F

Uh, hehe, yeah. Not like that's going to happen. Nope.

/me quickly defuses his bomb.

I think we should do what we did with the Four Stars thread: just stop posting. It worked last time. WPM had to post in it. So, let's just stop posting after this post, or the next couple of posts.

And, could it be?! It was! There was actually some somewhat decent conversation in a "Star(s)" thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back