Finished One Night Werewolf - Wolves Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
One Night Werewolf
Ever thought Werewolf was too long, or that dying night 1 sucks? Well look no further than One Night Werewolf! Based on this, One Night Werewolf is exactly what it sounds like: Werewolf that only lasts one night. Along with this drastic change, there are, of course, several other changes to accommodate this.

Werewolf is a hidden role game. Each player will be sent a role PM, which will tell them which role they'll be using in the game. No one else will know what your role is, unless they find out with the power of another role. These roles are split up into 2 main teams: Town and Werewolves. The goal of the Town is to kill one of the Werewolves. The goal of the Werewolves is for all of them to survive until the end of the game. If you're town, you want to try to use deduction, process of elimination, and sometimes your role to figure out who the Werewolves are, and lynch them. If you're a Werewolf, you want to try to blend into the crowd, and not act suspicious enough to be the days lynch target, and hopefully try to pin the blame on someone else and get them lynched instead. During the game, there are 3 (yes, 3) phases:

Night Phase
During the night phase, players may not post in the game thread. Some roles get to use a night action to get them closer to finding the Werewolves, or to cause more confusion! (See your role PM if you have a night action.) To use a night action, PM me stating that you wish to use the night action, and on which player/unused role you're using it on (more on unused roles later). The night phase will last 3 in real life days.

Day Phase
During the day phase, players may post in the game thread. This is your opportunity to tell the other players what you have found out during the night, and deduce which players are the Werewolves. During the day, you may cast a vote. To cast a vote, PM me saying which player (besides yourself) you'd like to vote for. If at any time you want to take back your vote, or vote for someone else, PM me saying you'd like to unvote for the player you're currently voting for. You may vote for someone again after unvoting, but you don't have to. Voting during this phase is only necessary if you don't think you'll have time to vote during the voting phase (more on that next). This means there is no hammering players, but at any point during the day phase, if everyone, minus 2 people say END DAY PHASE in the thread, the day phase will end and we'll go straight to the voting phase (more on what voting does in the voting phase). If at any time you'd like to change your mind about wanting the day to end, you may post CANCEL END DAY PHASE, and your vote to end the day phase will be revoked. The day phase will last 7 in real life days.

Voting Phase
This phase was added specifically for this type of Werewolf. During this phase, you cannot use actions or post in the game thread. You may only PM me with votes. Once everyone has cast a vote, or 2 in real life days have passed, all the votes will be tallied up, and whoever has the most votes will be lynched, thus killing them. If multiple people have the most votes on them, all players with the most votes will die. If a Werewolf dies, the Town wins. If a Townie is lynched, the Werewolves win. If a Werewolf and a Townie die, the Town wins, since a Werewolf has been lynched, and that is the Towns main goal.

Something new to this game is unused roles. When players are being dealt their roles, 3 additional roles will be added to the game. Example: If 10 players are playing, 13 roles will be dealt out, and the 3 roles that do not get assigned to players will be out aside. Players will not know exactly what these roles are, unless they find out through the power of a role. Not only does this give the Wolves an easier time getting away with a fake claim, but this also means 1 or all of the Werewolves will be unused.

Some other minor rules:
  • Each role with a night action has a priority. Whatever class has the lowest number priority has their night action happen first, even if they sent in their night action later than someone with a higher number priority.
  • If a player switches your role with their night action, you will not (normally) be informed of your role being switched. Additionally, you will not know if your win condition changes.
  • If a player switches your role with their night action, the original owner of that role will use its night action, not the person who is the new owner of that role.
  • If all the Werewolves and Minion are in the unused roles, the Town can only win by lynching no one. You cannot vote for a no lynch, but if all players have the same number of votes at the end of the voting phase, no one will be lynched. (The town also wins if everyone votes for no one.) If the Town lynch someone with no Werewolves or Minion in the game, the Town loses. If the Werewolves are in the unused roles, but the Minion is not, the Town must lynch the Minion to win.
All the possible roles in this game will be public to the players, mostly because they're all carbon copies of the ones in the game sold in stores. I may invent new roles if we play enough of this game, but for now, we'll just be using the roles in this game. When the game starts, the players will be told which roles of these are in the game.

Werewolf (There are 2 of these in the game)
Werewolves
You are a Werewolf, the main antagonist of this game. You are more peaceful than most Werewolves, as you do not kill anyone during the night. You plan on waiting until the next night to eat all of the Town.

Passive Effect: You know who the other Werewolf is, whose identity will be sent to you in another PM. If no ones name is sent to you, then the other Werewolf must be in the unused roles. You may NOT communicate with your other Werewolf outside of the game thread, if there is one.

Win Condition: Have no Werewolves be lynched during the voting phase.

Minion
Werewolves
You are the Minion, the only Werewolf-aligned player who is not a Werewolf. In fact, you're just a regular-old human. You're pretty much a masochist, as you only wish for the Werewolves to survive. Not even you need to survive for you to be satisfied.

Passive Effect: You know who the Werewolves are, whose identities will be sent to you in another PM. They will not know who you are, however. If there are less than two Werewolves in that separate PM, that means one or more of them are in the unused roles.

Win Condition: Have no Werewolves be lynched during the voting phase.

Mason (There are 2 of these in the game)
Town
You are a Mason. You live with your brother, who also goes by Mason (it's your last name). You two don't make that much money, so you combine your salary to afford the same, small house. As much as you hate living with him, it appears to have come in handy in this Werewolf crisis.

Passive Effect: You know who the other Mason is, whose identity will be sent to you in another PM. If there is no other Mason in that separate PM, that means it is in the unused roles.

Win Condition: Lynch at least 1 Werewolf.

Seer
Town - Priority 2
You are the Seer. You've been a Fortune Teller in this town for years. Most people think you just do it to scam people out of money, but you know that your Fortune Telling abilities are 100% accurate. Now that these Werewolves are out and about, they're sure to believe your powers are real! Right? RIGHT?!

Night Action: During the night phase, you may either PM me the name of a player, OR 2 of the 3 unused roles (e.g. unused role 1, 2, and 3). You will learn that players role, or the 2 roles you looked at within the unused roles.

Robber
Town - Priority 3
You are the Robber. Even though you've stooped to the life of crime, that doesn't mean you want the Werewolves to kill everyone! Well, at least, as long as it doesn't benefit you...

Night Action: During the night phase, you may PM me the name of a player. You will learn that players role, then switch your Robber role with theirs.

Troublemaker
Town - Priority 4
You are the Troublemaker. Even with these vile Werewolves running around, that doesn't mean there's not a reason to have some fun! These old prudes could use some more joy in their lives.

Night Action: During the night phase, you may PM me the name of 2 players (one of which may be yourself). Those 2 players will switch roles.

Drunk
Town - Priority 5
You are the town Drunk. You're normally a hopeless alcoholic, but with these Werewolves attacking the village, tonight may be the time to pick up your act and give your life some meaning by saving the town from these foul beasts! Let's hope those 5 glasses of beer you had an hour ago don't affect your efforts...

Night Action: During the night phase, you must PM me with the number of an unused role (1, 2, or 3). If you don't send me a number, I will randomly choose one for you. You will switch your role with that unused role, without knowing either what your role was, or what your new role is.

Insomniac
Town
You are the Insomniac. As if sleeping wasn't hard enough for you, now everyone's going around doing all these night actions! Can't anyone get some peace and quiet in this town?! At least you'll be awake if any intruders come to your house.

Passive Effect: At the end of the night phase, you will know if your role has been changed by another player's night action.

Hunter
Town
You are the Hunter. You're pretty used to hunting animals, but not when they're disguised as humans! No one will let you use your gun anyway, so you feel pretty out of place here. But that's no excuse for these Werewolves to be terrorizing the town, now is it?

Passive Effect: If you are lynched, you will shoot the person you are voting for, and they will die along with you.

Simple Villager (There are any number of these in the game)
Town
You are a Simple Villager. You are- wait, SIMPLE!? Why do they keep calling you that? You help this town's economy just as much anyone else in this town, heck probably more than half of the other schmucks in this town. Why does everyone keep putting you down by calling you simple? Who cares about these Werewolves? These jerk-faces need to learn a lesson about calling you SIMPLE!

You have no special abilities. In fact, you help the Werewolves in this game by giving them an easy thing to claim... Maybe they're right about you being simple...

Doppelganger
Independent - Priority 1
You are the Doppelganger. As if Werewolves aren't weird enough for this town, you've come along to cause more trouble. Unlike these Werewolves, you don't know what you want to do with your life. Maybe this person you're copying the soul of will know.

Night Action: During the night phase, you must PM me the name of a player. If you don't, I will randomly choose one for you. You will learn that player's role, then your Doppelganger role will become that player's role. If you copy the Seer, Robber, or Troublemaker, you can use that power that night phase with a Priority of 1. If you copy the Drunk, you can use that power that night phase with a Priority of 6.

Win Condition: Whatever the win condition is of the role you copied.

(Note: If this role is in the game, the Werewolves, Minion, and Mason will get the identities of the Werewolves/Masons with a Priority of 1.1, in case the Doppelganger copies a Werewolf, Minion, or Mason.
(Note #2: If you are the Doppelganger, please be fast with your night actions so I may get the night phase over with faster.)
(Note #3: I may not use the Doppelganger much, due to how complicated it is.)

Tanner
Independent
You are a Tanner. You make leather... Not exactly helpful for finding Werewolves... Y'know what? Screw it. You're sick of all this. You don't enjoy your job. You don't enjoy your life. Where is it going to go from here? No where, THAT'S WHERE! Maybe these Werewolves can just maul you and end it all...

Wait, these Werewolves don't kill people? DANG IT! Then maybe you can get the Town to kill you. If you can convince people you're a Werewolf, they'll lynch you. Yeah! That's it! You'll get yourself lynch. Finally, a way out of all this. I guess you could just jump off a bridge, but this is much more dramatic.

Win Condition: Get lynched.

(Note: You being lynched does not satisfy the Werewolves win condition, thus making them lose if you are lynched, even if a Towns person is also lynched. If you and a Werewolf are lynched in the voting phase, however, the Town will win along with you.)
These are rules you need to follow/know to play the game. If you break one of these rules, you may either get a warning, be replaced with another player, or be blacklisted from further games, depending on how badly you break some of these rules.
  • You cannot edit or delete posts.
  • You cannot communicate with other players outside of the game thread.
  • You cannot screenshot anything I have PMed you, nor can you screenshot anything you send to me.
  • You are ALLOWED to like posts, as you cannot die in this game.
  • Play to fulfill your win condition (or at least what you think is your win condition). Don't be that guy who's a villager and claims Wolf.
  • Be nice, and don't bash other members or me for any reason.
  • All other Forum rules and Forum Game rules apply to this game.
  • Be sure to have fun!
(If we get more than 10 sign ups, I'll start a second game in another thread.)
1) Mr.Muffin
2) PMJ
3) GM Draclord
4) rev3rsor
5) Celever
6) Keeper of Night
7) Scorched Feathers
8) Lugia123
9) alex
10) Jeremy1026

Substitutes:
1) Drohn

And that's the game, folks (minus the things I probably forgot)! If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the thread, or PM me. I play this game all the time in real life, and it's really a blast. I recommend you buy the real life version to support these people for making this game. And just to have a really fun game. If this game is a big enough success, I'm sure we'll play some more rounds of this game in the future. Let the sign ups... begin!

Werewolf Terminology Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: One Night Werewolf - Sign Ups End Aug 7th

I will join. Werewolf is a fun game.

I will join. Werewolf is a fun game.

woah interesting stuff! I'll join please.

I don't understand that rule about 13 roles in a 10 man game...

In anyway though.

Looks like a nice game, MTC! I'm in, but change me into a substitute if there are too many sign ups.

/me just remembered he has to add people to the sign up list.

Drohn said:
Looks like a nice game, MTC! I'm in, but change me into a substitute if there are too many sign ups.

Will do! Although, if we end up playing multiple games, you'll almost definitely be in one of them.

Celever said:
I don't understand that rule about 13 roles in a 10 man game...

In anyway though.

Some classes interact with the 3 roles that aren't given to players, such as the Seer and Drunk.

I'll play in this.

Edit: I guess as an alternate seeing as all 10 spots are currently filled.

Jeremy1026 said:
I'll play in this.

Edit: I guess as an alternate.

Don't worry. Drohn offered to be a substitute if someone else wanted to play, so you're in for sure! :)

Speaking of, I did say I was going to make 2 games if we had more than 10 players, but then if anybody becomes inactive for whatever reason, we would have no substitutes. What would you guys prefer? Playing a 10-man game with a substitute, or playing one 6 player game and another 5 player game? If we get 1 or 2 more sign ups after Jeremy, I will most likely just end up making 2 separate games.

I guess no one bothered to read my last post...

Sign ups end tomorrow. I'll be getting home late, so let's say they end at 11:59pm EST. Roles will be sent out as soon as sign ups end.

Machamp The Champion said:
I guess no one bothered to read my last post...

Sign ups end tomorrow. I'll be getting home late, so let's say they end at 11:59pm EST. Roles will be sent out as soon as sign ups end.

Oh sorry. I did read it but I don't really know the format of the game too well...

I personally prefer a 10-man game with a sub. We always need a sub on PB, whether it's a game of 4, 10 or 30 lol.

One game might be best to give it a test run too, since it's the first game. I definitely don't mind sitting this one out or to sub for someone if needed.

Yeah, I agree with both of you. Unless we get a huge influx of people, we will be doing a 10-man game.

To clarify, sign ups end August 7th 11:59pm EST (approximately 12 hours and 1 day after this post). I wasn't exactly clear on what tomorrow meant in my last post, since I posted it at 1am. :p

Just a reminder that sign ups end in less than 3 hours! Roles will be sent out once sign ups end. You will be required to confirm your role in-thread, and may send in night actions immediately after posting in-thread. The night phase will officially start when 6-7 people confirm their roles (you can send in night actions before the night phase starts).

Alright, sign ups are closed (replacements may still sign up if they wish)! We will be playing a 10 person game. I will be sending out role PMs very shortly. The roles in the game are:

2 Werewolves
Minion
2 Masons
Seer
Robber
Troublemaker
Drunk
Insomniac
2 Simple Villagers
Tanner

I will post again here once I've sent out all the role PMs. If you've received your role PM, confirm it in the thread. If you are a Werewolf, Mason, or Minion, the identities of the Werewolves/Masons will be sent to you in the same PM as your role, just lower down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back