OLD: The Fake Card Resources and Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Fake Card Resources and Help

Thanks for the good word, Xous.

Does anybody know where I can find modern energy symbols or a decent size? What I asked for above was a best-case scenario, but anything will do at this point. It's something I just can't seem to find.

I'm happy to say I can answer my own question. I found a set of crisp, huge energy symbols here:
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=pokemon+energy+symbols#/d35y19c

Also, it may be common knowledge to some, but I found a great site for finding free vector graphics. I used it to find arrows for my new special energy card and I could see it coming in handy for all sorts of things: http://www.freepik.com/

I don't know if it's already been mentioned or not, but the megaupload link in the first post needs to either be deleted or changed to something like a mediafire link. I would recommend the latter due to not being able to find the fonts anywhere easily.

Deleted the Megaupload links. If anyone can point me in the direction of a good, working download, let me know and I'll add it to the first post.

I threw this together real quick; it contains just about all of the Gill Sans and Futura fonts I thought would be needed, and some other stuff. Not 100% sure if you actually need everything in here, but hey, better to be safe than sorry. If there's anything I left out, let me know, and I'll check to see if I have it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4r6gj6am8o08dui

Thanks, squirtli! I'll add it to the main post. Did you by chance include Frutiger? I think that might be one of the main fonts needed as the PA! font link should still work.

If not I may be able to upload it.

I remembered the name and looked for it, but I can't find it on my computer. I might have it on a different computer, but none of the ones I have access to atm. It could be in a link... Aschefield? sent me a long time ago, but I checked it and the file isn't up anymore. So no, it isn't in there. It'd be great if you could add it.

I am not sure if this has been requested yet (if so then I apologize) but does anyone have access to the black and white bordered font used on the BW full art cards? Haven't had the time to read all 58 pages yet (sorry, sorry, sorry!) but I'll continue looking and post if I find something. Thanks!

H( )UND said:
I am not sure if this has been requested yet (if so then I apologize) but does anyone have access to the black and white bordered font used on the BW full art cards? Haven't had the time to read all 58 pages yet (sorry, sorry, sorry!) but I'll continue looking and post if I find something. Thanks!

The font used is the same, actually -- you just need to use an editing program to put a stroke around the text.

I'd just like to say, when clicking on Xous' name on the OP, It takes you to dmaster's profile. Not Xous'.

CMP said:
The font used is the same, actually -- you just need to use an editing program to put a stroke around the text.

Oh I didn't realize, thank you! I use gimp but I'd appreciate some pointers on how to go about doing so. -_- Still a novice.

Not a problem!

Try this tutorial; I'm a Photoshop user so I can't tell how thorough it is: http://www.gimpology.com/submission/view/how_to_outline_text/

The new set of blanks I've been working on as of yesterday. It includes Basic, Stage 1, Stage 2, Restored, EX, Full Art, and Full Art EX blanks of every official TCG type (including Dragon) as well as Trainer card blanks (regular and Full Art). It also includes a symbol sheet. I think the only thing it lacks are Energy card blanks, and I may not do those unless someone specifically requests them. Click the image above to download the ZIP file.

For the font, you could probably use any "sloppy" handwriting font, but I've been using Comic Sans and warping it a bit. Of course, you can always use the old Zeo standard for these type of blanks, Marakuni.

HGSS Blanks

What it includes:
- Basic, Stage 1 and Stage 2 Blanks
- Symbolsheet (also works on BW blanks)
- Font Guide

What it doesn't include, but someday will:
- Prime (I'm very lazy to make another 30 .png today, so another day.) and Legend (these I still have to do.) Blanks
- Energy and Trainer Blanks. (should be easy.)

thank you all for all of these resources, it has been a great help! :)

Hey guys! I am in need of a decent image of the rainbow wing. It needs to be a high enough quality so I can trace it and make a vector image on Photoshop. The silver wing was so much easier to find... lol Did the rainbow wing not appear in the anime?

No, it didn't, which is probably why you haven't found it.

theducktamer said:
Hey guys! I am in need of a decent image of the rainbow wing. It needs to be a high enough quality so I can trace it and make a vector image on Photoshop. The silver wing was so much easier to find... lol Did the rainbow wing not appear in the anime?

It has never appeared in the anime, but I have seen an interpretation of it floating around the internet in the past. I can't seem to find just the illustration now, but here it is in the form of a charm: [link]

I don't know if the original was official or fan-made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back