OLD: The Fake Card Resources and Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Fake Card Resources and Help

theGardener said:
Hey guys, I could use some wording help. I want a card that lets you search your deck for a pokemon which either evolves from one of your pokemon, or evolves from something that evolves from that Pokemon. For instance, if you had Hoppip in play you could use the effect to search for Skiploom or Jumpluff. The problem is that I'm not sure how to word it. Does anybody have an idea how it should be worded?

Choose 1 of your Pokémon in play. Search your deck for a Stage 1 or Stage 2 card that evolves from that Pokémon and put it on that Pokémon. (This counts as evolving that Pokémon.)

That's the wording assuming it's a Trainer. If you want references, then look at Rare Candy

theGardener

Aspiring Trainer

Thanks, that's what I needed.

Actually, given that, could I just say "Choose 1 of your Pokémon in play. Search your deck for a Pokémon that evolves from it..."? The stage 1 stage 2 business seems superfluous.

aschefield101

is behind you !

Get the feeling they want to kill me off with the new blank styles appearing!...

On top of Plasma (which I am betting will cover basic/stage1/stage2/maybe EX and SR) we now got these special golden reverse holo streak type border things (cold flare)

I'll have to revamp the lot I think....

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Okay, first attempt:

a9xwv.png

One thing I don't know how to change is the apostrophe. I included one in the attack name just so you could see it. Here's Looker's Investigation for reference.

Otherwise I know it's not perfect but still it's not bad, if I do say so myself.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf

dialgarock said:
Any link for FA T/Su/St?

Here's one: http://www.deviantart.com/download/291384855/blank_supporter_and_stadium_full_art_by_xintetsu-d4thdzr.psd

And here's another not-as-good quality PNG version I made: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/076/8/7/bw_trainer_fa_by_karite_kita_neko-d4t22tp.png (change hue for Trainer/Stadium)

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

a9xwv.png

Post this again just because it was the end of the last page. Would like more feedback.

Xous

Disappear to a place beyond seeing...

Looks good, PMJ. On changing the apostrophe... Do you mean you don't know what font it should be, or in-program you can't change it to the right one with the text you have there?

I was able to match Looker's Investigation's name text 99% with GillSans-Bold. (As far as size goes, I had to mess around at size 26 font, but that probably doesn't mean anything since we don't use the same program.)

Futa

Aspiring Trainer

I'm almost done working on a DPt Trainer guide, so that'll be coming up soon.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

How exactly does one figure out what's right and what's not? What are the steps involved? I'd like to think I did fairly well for my first attempt ever, but I used the DP Pokemon guide as a reference.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

Honestly, PMJ, chances are that if two different people make a font guide, there will be differences, be them large (wrong sizes) or small (a pixel off here or there). Yours looks great.

theGardener

Aspiring Trainer

Does anyone have a suggestion for the fond used to write "ENERGY" on the BW energy cards? I tried my whole library without any decent matches.

aschefield101

is behind you !

I personally had to use card scans for my blanks gard, as I too had font issues for them. Gave up in the end and out popped the scanner lol..

theGardener

Aspiring Trainer

*Grumbles bitterly* That may be what I have to do too. Either that or decide having the right font doesn't matter and just select a cool looking substitute.

I'd just use an existing blank, but I really dislike the BW special energy. I'm going to go back to something more like the EX one.

theGardener

Aspiring Trainer

Ok, sorry to spam, but here is the blank I came up with. (The content is just filler to show off the blank.) Constructive criticism here would be very much appreciated:

2c827c0eb8a7451558937aaaf3095f2f.png

This is meant to be a sort of hybrid of the BW and EX series special energy cards. I think I actually got the font pretty close (I found a site that uses a quiz to identify fonts, and it did a decent job: http://www.identifont.com/ ).

Also, if anyone knows where I could get high quality energy symbols I'd appreciate it. I have several PNG sets, but they are all smaller than I would like (and most already have the special effects applied--whereas I'd like to mess with that myself).

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

What size symbols are you talking?

theGardener

Aspiring Trainer

Well, I don't have any that are even as large as the one on the card (I expanded it)--and ideally I'd like something at least half again as large.

Xous

Disappear to a place beyond seeing...

Looks great! The only change I could think of would probably be to the inner color of the rounded rectangle shape that houses the Fire Energy at the top right of the card. For some reason I think it might look nicer if it was the same color as the outer border of the card (black) but with it being so close to the border already and with the dark shadow of the top bar it's probably best as-is.

Status
Not open for further replies.