Odd / Silly Things You Used to Think

Seven is a Color

Spinda Doctors
When I was little and first saw the garbage people taking the trash, I thought they were stealing it.
I thought astronauts were a different species. I thought they lived in space and collected things that humans threw up there (I guess I also thought people threw things into space). I thought that inside the space suit, they looked like shadows.
I thought broccoli came from trees (in the same sense of meat coming from animals) because they were shaped like little trees.

RE: Odd/silly things you used to think

Well, I thought babies were made by people kissing each other (good thing it's actually a stork that brings them from Paris :p ) and that people would gone through phases of beauty, ugly (or less beauty), beauty and so on.

If I remember something else, I'll update this post!

Leaf_Ranger said:
Well, I thought babies were made by people kissing each other (good thing it's actually a stork that brings them from Paris :p )
This made me remember that I thought if someone wanted a baby, they would send a letter requesting one to the government, and then the government would build one for them.

I remember thinking that everything had a natural amount of sugar in it because of a chart at my doctor's office showing how much sugar various foods and drinks had in them. :p

Also when I was around 7 or 8 the forest by my house was on fire and my dad called 911 to let them know and I though that a wild Charizard burned it down so I kept screaming "DAD! DAD! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD! TELL THEM CHARIZARD DID IT!"

My house's furnace or water heater or something like that is in the basement right under my bedroom, and sometimes it makes a hissing noise, so I used to think my room was infested with giant invisible snakes that wanted to kill me and eat me when no one was looking.

I thought the scientists in the early games had udders. I mean, c'on. Just look at them.

Spr_RG_Scientist.png

When I was eight years old, I had a bunk bed with a crappy mattress. Whenever I went to sleep, I'd wake up with red marks from the springs of the mattress. For some reason, this struck me as aliens. I thought aliens abducted me and performed surgery on my arms.

I thought "facade" was pronounced face-aid and was an artificial face given to people who lost their original one.

As a small child, I believed that the only foreign country was Paris (obviously a city) and that Parisians only ate baguettes. I should mention that my favorite tv show was Madeline.

As a child I use to believe [due to a story from my aunt] that when it rained it was God weeping and Thunder/Lightning was when he was angry with the world. I also believed if you slept with the door open you were allowing a spirit to come into your room. Oh and I also believed if you stayed out by the river after dark there was a chance you'd be killed by La Llorona.

Ysmir said:
Oh and I also believed if you stayed out by the river after dark there was a chance you'd be killed by La Llorona.

Well then. I shouldn't have read that right before going to bed.

When I was small, I used to think Palm Trees were called 'Pom Pom trees' and used to 'correct' my dad after correcting me. I used to tell everyone that dinosaurs were real and I had a pet dinosaur at home. I used to think, at one point, everybody I knew were aliens all part of a plan to destroy me. Also, Afghanistan and Pakistan were one island, we used to colour in the minims, thinking that they were crotchets having to be coloured in.

I used to think, and I still do, that Pokemon and Pokemon Characters are REAL! I actually see them, but I guess nobody will believe me.

When I was around 5 years old I used to think that whenever it rained "Hufsa" (or "The Groke") from the Moomin TV show would appear outside of my window. She still scares the h*** out of me to this day.

Can someone tell me how to add a spoiler? D:

etYHsyC.jpg

When i was like 6 I used to think that radios had little people inside them ready to sing when i turned the radio on. I even managed to break the radio (it was a small one, not very hard to break) because I wanted to see them XD (of course, the only things I found were broken plastic stuff and some metallic thigs)

Teal said:
HoOhLugia said:
I used to think, and I still do, that Pokemon and Pokemon Characters are REAL! I actually see them, but I guess nobody will believe me.
Wow, we have found a real patient~
I honestly think it's cool that this person has such an imagination. I wouldn't call it a sickness, more of a creative mind.

I used to think that Mew and Mewtwo were real when I was 8. Good times.

Also I learned today that Brendan from RSE does not, in fact, have white hair.

Reggie McGigas said:
I honestly think it's cool that this person has such an imagination. I wouldn't call it a sickness, more of a creative mind.
It's not even supposed to be an actual sickness (otherwise all hipsters would be "sick" too). Besides the person is 12 so it's ok. But that fantasy just fits evil-eye chuuni too perfectly!

HoOhLugia said:
When I was small, I used to think Palm Trees were called 'Pom Pom trees' and used to 'correct' my dad after correcting me. I used to tell everyone that dinosaurs were real and I had a pet dinosaur at home. I used to think, at one point, everybody I knew were aliens all part of a plan to destroy me. Also, Afghanistan and Pakistan were one island, we used to colour in the minims, thinking that they were crotchets having to be coloured in.

If the last part isn't a joke then you may want to see a psychologist because the bolded parts are symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia or some other sort of psychosis.

I remember looking at a children's book about anatomy, and in it I saw a diagram of the digestive system and many other organs and functions which were illustrated with little people operating things and firing hoses and whatnot. So the five year-old me was convinced that we all had little people in our bodies operating everything until my family eventually convinced me I was wrong after several debates. I guess I thought that since I saw it in a book, it had to be true.

Oh and I also thought Jamaica was in Africa, for whatever reason. Except that was like two months ago...

Back